• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lost Grookey! Who is its Trainer!? (1148)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Oh, and to be clear, I don't particularly like Goh for the simple reason that his existence has trivialized catching tons of pokemon (until this series always presented as something that was fairly difficult to do). However, my criticisms would never go the route of "he brainwashes/steals pokemon," as aside from how easily he catches them there is nothing he does that is all that different from any other trainer and thus he follows the same pokemon world rules in that sense. Likewise Grookey followed the long established rule that if a pokemon wants to leave a trainer and sticks to wanting to leave then that trainer loses ownership of that pokemon.

Great, but still I want to see a good Darkrai for the first time in the anime, Darkrai in XY was just there to get peoples to watch the episode rather than an actual character and did kinda dirty to it, I hope they make a good Darkrai episode in Journeys If they will showcase every Pokemon.
* Goh catches it in an attempt after saving it vs some Random Hunters *

RafaSceptile

Man this thread is certainly something else, it is the most commented "no league finale" episode.

Oh, and to be clear, I don't particularly like Goh for the simple reason that his existence has trivialized catching tons of pokemon (until this series always presented as something that was fairly difficult to do). However, my criticisms would never go the route of "he brainwashes/steals pokemon," as aside from how easily he catches them there is nothing he does that is all that different from any other trainer and thus he follows the same pokemon world rules in that sense. Likewise Grookey followed the long established rule that if a pokemon wants to leave a trainer and sticks to wanting to leave then that trainer loses ownership of that pokemon.
Eh, most of Goh's Pokémon are weak so they are easy to capture (such as in the games).

Yeah I know, I still hope they don't recycle the same problem over and over again for Goh catching Legendaries.
So let's hope that if Darkrai appears, it will be an epic episode, it is difficult to honor that Darkrai who fought at the level of Palkia and Dialga, but let's hope they do.

UglyToast

Most doesn't mean all
yeah, you're right
So let's hope that if Darkrai appears, it will be an epic episode, it is difficult to honor that Darkrai who fought at the level of Palkia and Dialga, but let's hope they do.
I'd like to see a Lunar Duo team up for a dangerous threat, it would be cool to see that (and Ash would be helping them with it)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Eh Darkrai has had enough focus and screentime already
It was a star of a movie, being a misunderstood protagonist who seemingly sacrifices himself only to return in the end, looking hella cool and going toe on toe with the freaking creation duo
It was in a Cresselia episode causing nightmares to people until Cresselia shooed it away
It again created nightmares in XY
And it was shown to be an absolute badass under Tobias, being this undefeated mon and a very hard obstacle to overcome

Idk what more they can do with it lol, id rather the screentime goes to other mythicals who need it

UglyToast

Eh Darkrai has had enough focus and screentime already
It was a star of a movie, being a misunderstood protagonist who seemingly sacrifices himself only to return in the end, looking hella cool and going toe on toe with the freaking creation duo
It was in a Cresselia episode causing nightmares to people until Cresselia shooed it away
It again created nightmares in XY
And it was shown to be an absolute badass under Tobias, being this undefeated mon and a very hard obstacle to overcome

Idk what more they can do with it lol, id rather the screentime goes to other mythicals who need it
yeah but since IF Journeys gonna show all Legendary and Mythical Pokemon, I'd like it to get a good episode, that's all, I'm not denying anything you said about getting screentime more than other Mythicals.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I've never called him a thief, what Goh did in both episode 53 and this episode is morally right, but writing is not that great

And that's my exact problem with Journeys, but whatever.
Did I specifically single you out? I said, “everyone calling Goh a thief.”

I never thought I would have to be specific about that.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We'll probably reach this point by the time the dub catches up with this one.

DuskAstral

especially during Dawn and May's time in the anime for being the first 2 dual protags prior to Goh.

Taking focus away from Ash is never the issue, but it does become one when it crosses a line. Ash is still the main MC, or rather he's supposed to be, so he should be getting an equal amount of focus, which hasn't been the case here with Journeys.
-May and Dawn were never called protagonists. They were only companions.

- I do not understand what is wrong with the fact that Satoshi plays a secondary role in the current series. In my opinion, it's a nice stepping stone (I think since he's been with us for 22 years, it's nice that, for a change, Journeys has less focus on him).

UglyToast

-May and Dawn were never called protagonists. They were only companions.

- I do not understand what is wrong with the fact that Satoshi plays a secondary role in the current series. In my opinion, it's a nice stepping stone (I think since he's been with us for 22 years, it's nice that, for a change, Journeys has less focus on him).
I think that has to do with many peoples thinking If Ash (Satoshi) gonna leave the anime, they should focus on him more since this will be the last time we will see him again (at least not as a protagonist, maybe they in the future they will show us again but highly doubt about that) because of that since we might able to see the end of his Journey, They want equal attention at least.