1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Lost Lapras! (086)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Orange League' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

The Lost Lapras!

After the blimp they were on Crashes, Ash & Misty walk around this island to discover a Lapras being picked on by a trio of trainers. Ash & Misty decide to step in, but once they dispelled these bullies they find a Pokémon Watcher called Tracey come and help them out. But when Team Rocket go to steal the Lapras. Ash must get it back, Will he Succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

Tracey. :3

I totally loved this episode. Seriously. They put the animation and look of the episode up a notch for this episode, and it really shows. Especially the beach dusk scene. Twas beautiful.

Also, OMG TRACEY. :D It was also fun to see Ted Lewis doing this new voice of his, which sounds slightly different to the rest of the series. That, and OMG TRACEY. :D

Bring him back, dammit. James can't be the only regular bishonen. (Although, with the path that Eric Stuart has taken his voice, he's starting to get on my nerves. Go back to the old, sweet and totally camp voice, please.)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  3. Phantom_Bugsy

Phantom_Bugsy So hot he's on fire.

The guy with the green hair is....like.....my best friend. XD

And of course, the Tracey-ness. THE TRACEY-NESS.

EDIT: Omfg. YUU ARE A KNUCKLE TRAINER. *steals*

4. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

You mean one of the guys on the beach, or Tracey? ('Cause in some episodes, his hair has a greenish tint. In others it is black. I prefere it black, personally.)

Hee, I remember when I rewatched the episode. Before then, I was an idiot that hated Tracey, 'cause I was an idiot. Then I watched the Tracey Introduction Scene again, and was like "Nobody messes with 'ma Tracey!" ^_^o

Anyway, I'll repeat, this episode was great. (Just in case people think this post is a pile of crap.) As were the following episodes, all of which had something new and fresh to offer. (The greatness that is 'Pikachu Revolts' etc.)

5. Phantom_Bugsy

Phantom_Bugsy So hot he's on fire.

The guy on the beach. :3 Plus, Lapras isn't exactly my favorite Pokemon, so...woot for him. :3

Tracey's hair DOES look green sometimes, yes. But black is better for him. ^_^

6. vulpix

vulpix Guest

i didn't really like Tracey when i first saw him.

7. Tracey is good as a stand-in until Brock came back. If it is up to me, I will had Brock come back sooner.

8. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Yay, Tracey's debut. :) I don't mind Tracey as much as some people do. He's okay in my book. At least he makes a good debut here. I like the part when he stops the fight before it even starts and everyone is just staring in surprise. LOL :) I also like his reactions to Jigglypuff (and her drawing over his sketch) and especially Meowth (I think they should show more often people being amazed by the fact that Meowth can talk). I do think that Tracey was a bit pushy in inserting himself into the group, but otherwise he's okay in my book.

The only bad thing I have to say about the episode is that I really hate the way the tough guys were treating lapras, that was just plain cruel. At least Ash got to own Lapras for a while, and it really came in handy in the Orange Islands.

9. JONNO.FRESH

JONNO.FRESH Well-Known Member

Ahh Traceys debut. Lapras and Tracey together made this epi. I wish Tracey got a tad bit more screentime though

10. Tracey is great, and extremely worthy of 'filling-in' for Brock, but I wouldn't like to say who would win as favourite with me.

Don't you just hate it when someone you've just met invites themselves to travel day and night with you...

11. Tracey enters!
    Anyways, I like this episode, Ash got his Lapras, yay!

12. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

A excellent episode especially with Tracey a favorite of mine he's definitely a breath of fresh air for the series, though I would've loved to see at least a couple more Ash & Misty episodes before Tracey entered. Ash finally caught a Lapras I was wondering if he would ever catch one since they show him riding on ones back in the original opening. Speaking of opening I like the new opening for the Orange Island episodes. I loved Misty taking charge when Ash wanted to face the Orange Crew pulling on his ear like she did with Brock and making him call Oak, she'll definitely make a good wife for Ash when they decied to get married.

13. HikariTajiri

HikariTajiri Back! =D

This is my fave ep! It's ages since I last saw it but Lapras is my fave Pokémon, Ash is cool swimming and TRACEY!!!!!

14. katfairy

katfairy Well-Known Member

I like Tracy. But after seeing the rest of the series, I do find it odd that he just pushed his way in like that, because he wasn't a pushy guy. I guess the writers couldn't think of another way to get him in.

15. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

I don't like Tracey - *gets pelted by garbage thrown by Alfonso, Medea & others* - so this episode wasn't one of my favorites. *pelted with more garbage*

I much preferred Ash interacting with Lapras ^_^ I felt so bad for that little thing, it's nice that Ash is helping her/him out.

16. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

Yay, Tracey's debut! Getting to see Tracey, Ash catching Lapras and this makes a fabulous episode. I felt sorry for Lapras when those three men were attacking it, so I'm glad Ash interfered, as always, and saved him.

17. Jaguar297

Jaguar297 I'm back!

yes a fabulous episode indeed. I enjoyed it while I could, but i hated the commercials.

18. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

Tracey was annoying but I loved Lapras :D But it was sad to see her getting treated so badly.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  19. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

lapras is such a beautiful pokemon back then, even though dragonite is my favorite lapras would be my second choice, it was a nice episode to watch.

20. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

I liked the itroduction of Lapras, i wondered how he was going to get around the islands, and then Lapras appears.

I'm not a big fan of Tracey, but i think Ash needed someone else to travel around with.