• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lost World of Gothitelle! (680)

RickHoenn

Banned
Also, this can't technically be counted as filler because it a)featured an in-game location and b) Ash did the random Pokemon rotating.

THIS!!!

Sky Arrow Bridge is not just one random bridge, it's a landmark in Unova and a game location and they arrived in Castelia City too. I hope most of the rotating during Ash's travel in Unova occurs on-screen. :p

Cobalt_Latios

-The combination of Psybeam and Leaf Storm sends them into the time slip.
OH! So that's what that was... makes sense now.

-‘This may be a closed world. No matter how many times we board the ferry, we may just keep returning here.’ Cilan, I’m sorry, I take it back. You would be the last to die if this were a horror movie.
Didn't know Psychic types could do that...

-Gothitelle isn’t her Pokemon?! Just some random who started helping out with the boat. o…kay…
Hihi! Score another one! I had a feeling it was a wild one.

-Cilan suggests Ash battle Gothitelle. Apparently Pansage and Dwebble were busy.
That, or he wanted to recreate the circumstances that sent them back in time in the first place.

-‘You trapped me inside this world too, while I was walking along the bridge.’ Apparently Gothitelle only attacks Anime protagonists when they cross the bridge. Good luck, Goku.
Oops... That clarifies things a bit though.

-Ok, so they took Gothitelle with them when they left, and then when Sally went off to become a doctor Gothitelle left and disappeared somewhere.
Okay, so that's what all those memories were about...

Also, this can't technically be counted as filler because it a)featured an in-game location and b) Ash did the random Pokemon rotating.
Not only featured, but hey, we even got a bit of history on it :).

Also, a few things were cleared up, so to speak. Thanks.

/CL

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-The gang's almost to Hiun City! And the city & bridge both look pretty cool in this opening shot, I must say.
-Apparently, all Unova Pokemarts are basically just 7-11s in the anime. Even though they're really just part of Pokemon Centers in the games now.
-COTD spotted already!
-Ash sends back Kurumiru for Mamepato. See, the bird's not going to entirely rot away. Yet.
-COTD Lady is looking at some pictures of the bridge, and...new music alert! I can't immediately tell what it is, either!
-Why is Jenny suddenly here and doing stuff? And why is Swanna now a police Pokemon? Wouldn't the Lilipup line be a better choice for that?
-Oh, she was trying to have it use Defog. But it didn't work! Pfft, useless cops!
-I like how they bothered to include red lights at the top of the bridge. It's the little details that make for good animation~
-Oh, and Gothitelle blocks off AshnCo's way with Psybeam. Yawn.
-HOLY CRAP ITS VOICE. I was expecting something...higher pitched.
-I like how Ash doesn't even try to figure out why the future-predicting Pokemon is blocking their way. He just has Snivy try to end the problem with violence. Way to put on your thinking cap, man!
-And thanks to Ash's lack of thought, everyone gets sent into a mysterious white void! I smell time-travel...
-That little girl is totally the past version of the lady from the start of the episode. And since she seems to be in the business of ferrying people across...oh god, Gothitelle's been stopping people from getting across so that she can do the ferry thing again, hasn't it?
-There's a(nother?) Gothitelle in the past! And...that one actually has the vocal pitch I was expecting!
-Blah blah OMG THEY'RE IN THE PAST! blah blah sky arrow bridge is going to ruin the ferry business blah blah I'm totally right blah.
-Wait, they somehow went across the river but then wound up back where they started? What?
-It must be nice having psychic Pokemon to do all your heavy lifting for you.
-Dento seems to have figured something out, since he's going off on a big speech about Pokemon and trainers and precious something-or-others.
-Apparently Gothitelle's voice only gets really low when it's pissed off. Good to know!
-Looks like the bunch of Gothitelle from the preview was just Double Team.
-Wait, when did we get back to the present? COTD Lady from the start just showed up!
-Pffffft, Gothitelle's face at COTD Lady coming back is PRICELESS.
-So apparently Gothitelle came with them when they first moved away from the bridge, but then COTDLady left on her own when she grew up & Gothitelle just kind of...wandered off for some reason.
-I'm sure this scene would be very touching if I could understand Japanese.
-Gothitelle just vanished into thin air. Wut?

If it wasn't for Sky Arrow Bridge, this episode would be total filler. Sure, it was kind of sweet(/assumption, since this episode seems like it really depends on actually understanding what people are saying), but it's still very solidly filler.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
How is an in-game location make something not filler? They visited game locations in past saga and nothing important happened, so they were filler.

kemal07

Hmm I was a bit dissapointed with this episode. Was hoping a lot more from Gothitelle. But oh well. Overall, 6/10

BlueDragonfangirl

Awe well I enjoyed the episode, next weeks episode looks more fun though however its great to see Ash is starting to switch Pokemon again. I really liked the animation in this episode too, I love the animation this series its just been great and some times its truley amazing in some.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I think I understand the episode, but parts are still confusing. This is when I need to watch the dub.

It was sad when I realized the bridge ruined their business. But what was with Gothitelle disappearing at the end? It died? WTF?

6.5/10. Like I said, I need english.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Wow, someone agrees with me on that.

I've been saying this for ages. By seeing the episode pictures, it seems interesting, but not as interesting as the last 4 episodes.

Teshub

Banned
Not being a filler doesn't save an episode from being lackluster.

gliscor&yanmega

After watching again and actually knowing what's being said, I found it to be rather nice of an episode. Nothing really big and exciting happened but since when did shows always have to have those kinds of episodes...never.

This episode clearly wasn't meant to be an action packed thrill ride episode, just a nice little cool down for us.

gliscor&yanmega

Snivy knows Leaf Blade? First time I've seen it use it.

It first used it in BW010 against Trip's Servine or Frillish, not sure if it used it again after that until this episode though, but it's know it for a while now.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
How is an in-game location make something not filler? They visited game locations in past saga and nothing important happened, so they were filler.

I would say its less of a filler because Snivy got a battle, the location doesn't make it less of a filler indeed but I understand what they say, its one of the most important places of the region they are traveling.

Only saw the episode two days ago, got to say this was the worst episode in BW uneventfull and boring and if something can be called a filler I agree this episode can be seen as one.

I had high hopes for this episode, for Snivy to actually get a good battle and the plot to be more interesting maybe thats why I didn't like it, not that it was bad its just the one I least like this region that all, I fell asleep seeing in for the first time XD.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So wow, I was thinking that this episode would be super-special-awesome because Gothitelle shows up in it. After watching the episode though, I've come to realize that it was your standard filler episode where nothing actually happens, in retrospect. Still, there were some good moments here and there. I really liked how the Skyarrow Bridge looked as Ash, Iris, and Cilan all made their way towards it at the start of the episode. Seeing Ash almost crash into that one chick was pretty funny, though I hated that clown music that was playing. What I found really interesting was that Ash swapped Sewaddle for Pidove at the Poke Mart. Looks like he is really rotating his team. FML. Ash and friends then met up with the popo, I mean Officer Jenny. It was nice to see her again. I was surprised that she had a Swanna, though. Seeing her attempt to clear the fog was funny as well. But then, just as Ash and friends walked on the Skyarrow Bridge, they were attacked! They looked up and saw Lady Gaga Gothitelle! Ash scanned it into his Pokedex as he usually does with new Pokemon, and then that Gothitelle attacked Ash and friends some more. I was wondering why it was acting like a total witch, but I figured that I'd find out later. Ash sent out his Snivy to fight Gothitelle, but its Leaf Blade attack wasn't effective. Just as Ash had it attack with another move, Gothitelle attacked and Ash and friends flew off the bridge from the look of things. As Ash, Iris, and Cilan got up from the ground, they noticed that the Skyarrow Bridge seemed to be under construction or something, which was really weird considering how it looked good before. They were invited to ride a boat to Castelia City by this one little girl and her Gothitelle. The Gothitelle didn't sit right with Ash, but he and his friends got on the boat anyway. As they set off, that little girl offered Ash and friends some snacks and everyone was having a great time. Cilan seemed to be worried, and as he and the others arrived at the port, they realized that it looked exactly the same as where they set off at the start. Wow, sort of trippy there. After observing the little girl and her Gothitelle, Ash and friends introduced themselves to her. After discussing things with her, Ash and friends returned to sitting and waiting. I was wondering what exactly they were waiting for, but then Cilan started discussing his theory with them. I was actually sort of surprised by Cilan's observations. The Gothitelle then left the little girl on some errand, and Ash, Iris, and Cilan followed it to wherever it was heading. You know, normal stuff.

Once Ash and friends caught up to Gothitelle, it got this really freaky look in its eyes; those were the eyes of the Devil himself! Ash and friends talked to it, but it acted like a total jerk and it attacked Ash and friends with its Psybeam attack. Luckily, they managed to dodge just in time. Ash figured that he'd have to use force on Gothitelle, so he sent out his Snivy to battle against it. Snivy did a good job of dodging Gothitelle's Psybeam attacks, and I was impressed by its agility. However, its Vine Whip attack was blocked by a barrier and then its Leaf Blade attack was evaded and Gothitelle used Double Team, which made tons of Gothitelle. God, those were creepy as truck! Snivy started getting tired, but it used Leaf Storm, which was countered by Gothitelle's barrier. Gothitelle used Psychic to make all of the rubble around the bridge float in midair, and things looked dire at that moment. Luckily though, some chick appeared to stop Gothitelle. It took me a minute, but I soon realized that the chick was the same chick from the Poke Mart. It turned out that she was the little girl who was seen with Gothitelle before. And yeah, I was sort of scratching my head there for a minute lol. The lady started talking about the past, and it looked like she left the Skyarrow Bridge area because they didn't need a boat when it was finished. She took Gothitelle along, but it wandered off when the little girl grew up. Or something like that, I'm not 100% sure since this episode was bananas. The lady started recalling all of her sweet memories as a child with Gothitelle, but eventually, Gothitelle returned the lady and Ash and his friends back to the present. As they all looked up at the Skyarrow Bridge, they saw Gothitelle, but then it vanished in some mist, never to be seen again. As Ash and his friends were all sort of standing around, Officer Jenny appeared. She left again after discussing something with them, and then Ash and friends were able to go on the Skyarrow Bridge again. The lady went with them and then they all sort of said their goodbyes. Ash seemed pumped for his Castelia City Gym battle and he and his friends proceeded onwards towards Castelia City. There, that was all. Seriously, I like odd episodes as much as the next person, but this episode had a Johto-esque filler feel to it. I know that it isn't real filler because of the Skyarrow Bridge and Ash swapping Sewaddle for Pidove, but it was a boring episode that didn't make sense in most places. I'm giving this episode a 5/10, which is generous for such a hot mess of an episode. Anyway, stay faaaabulous~

raz1337

Miju Miju!
How many of the people complaining about this episode only watched a raw with no understanding of japanese? This was a highly emotional and dialogue heavy episode for the gothitelle and the girl. Really, she did just miss the time she spent with the girl. It was a kind of jerk-ish thing to do to not figure out what to do with Gothitelle when the girl went to school. That's what started the whole mess.

The reunion on the unfinished bridge was definitely emotionally charged. I got broken up myself during that. It's moments like that that highlight the intense bond that people and Pokemon can have. One minute, Gothitelle was angry, pissed off and firing off psychic attacks at Snivy, and the next, it was crying in happiness to see the girl. Personally, that's good writing.

I can't wait to watch this dubbed and see how they do it.

Before this episode Gothielle wasn't my favorite 5th gen pokemon but, now it must near the bottom of my all time dislike list.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Gochiruzeru and Swanna for the 1st time. Gochiruzeru is really strong, able to defeat Ash's Tsutarja very easily when they were trying to pass to get to the other side of the bridge. Gochiruzeru's flashback illusions were really cool. It had a good friend who used to run the Boat services to be able to cross the bridge. Goshiruzeru was sad because the girl had to leave and the Boat services had to permanently shut down. The girl returned and was reunited, the Illusion goes away and the Gang was able to cross the bridge finally. It was funny when Swanna tried to use Defog to dispel the Fog, but failed to get rid of it.

45/100

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Well I thought this episode was nice with the gang going back in time and everything. It kinda reminded me of Celebi and Joy from Pokemon Chronicles.

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was Ok. I liked the idea for the flashback world, that was pretty sweet. Also cool to see Gothetelle for the first time and it is also very strong. 6.5/10

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
I can't believe this episode is receiving so many bad reviews... o.o

Personally, I LOVED it. The episode was really emotional. Very sad yet very happy at the same time. The story was amazing. It almost made my cry when the flashbacks of Sally and Goth were shown... I could care less if this episode is classified as a "filler."
I agree 100% with @raz1337 :3. This episode is a great example of how close Pokemon and their trainers cane become. Plus, battling isn't the only thing in Pokemon ;).

Last edited: