• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~~The Love Confessions Thread~~

Vern

Why not both?

Zazie

So 1991
What? If you want someone to like you and want to date you, they should like you for you. "Be yourself" is the best attitude to take when dating so you can be genuine and find people who will be attracted to you. Otherwise you're just wasting each others' time.

I kind of disagree. There is no geniune you. We are all mutable.

I mean don't go faking just to get with someone or anything. But you can still strive to a better you, or be something different if that is what you prefer. No one is set in stone as a person.

And to some degree, you've got to focus on making a good impression too, so you got to generally focus on positives at first when you want to start dating someone.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i think of it as similar to a job interview. you don't want to straight up lie on your resume because then you'll get screwed when the truth comes out, just like you don't want to pretend to be a different person or keep very important information secret when you're trying to attract someone. but you also want to put more emphasis on your good qualities, and if there's something you can do that will not only make you a more desirable candidate but also be good for you in other aspects (in a job maybe getting a degree/certificate or learning a language, in dating maybe pick up an interesting hobby or get more physically fit), do that.

Zazie

So 1991
i think of it as similar to a job interview. you don't want to straight up lie on your resume because then you'll get screwed when the truth comes out, just like you don't want to pretend to be a different person or keep very important information secret when you're trying to attract someone. but you also want to put more emphasis on your good qualities, and if there's something you can do that will not only make you a more desirable candidate but also be good for you in other aspects (in a job maybe getting a degree/certificate or learning a language, in dating maybe pick up an interesting hobby or get more physically fit), do that.

This is probably the best way to put it.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I've only ever had feelings for two girls. I got my first crush on someone when I was 8, but we used to fight with each other a lot, so I sort of ignored it for a year or so. I finally realized I liked her when I was 9, but we never really stopped fighting until she moved away. I tried to stop fighting, but she'd started hanging around with the bad crowd by then. Needless to say, I never really talked to her after that. Still like her to this day and I don't even know why XD

As for the second girl, I never really had the courage to approach her.

matthew11

8000 MMR
What? If you want someone to like you and want to date you, they should like you for you. "Be yourself" is the best attitude to take when dating so you can be genuine and find people who will be attracted to you. Otherwise you're just wasting each others' time.

It is true that you have to be yourself to be liked. That applies to some cases. But if yourself is that of a negative personality/attitude as a whole, then no one will like you for that. I don't know personally of TopGengar's problem, but this is just my take. But like what Zazie said, strive to a better you.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
As for the second girl, I never really had the courage to approach her.

As some basketball dude once said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." I tell my best friend this all the time: you have absolutely nothing to lose by making a move or asking a girl out. There's a certain level of "strategy" involved of course, you don't want to come across as too forward or anything, but by the same token, if you get rejected, you're in the exact same spot you were before. On the flipside, you may not only miss out on a grand opportunity by not approaching her, but you may end up regretting it later on. Learn from this, young padawan: the pain of rejection is never as strong as the sorrow of regret.

And that's my sage wisdom for the day :p

I have a crush on the elevator lady in Pokémon Platinum.
She's so pretty.
Veilstone_Department_Store_elevator_Pt.png

Attachments

• Veilstone_Department_Store_elevator_Pt.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 3

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I have a crush on the elevator lady in Pokémon Platinum.
She's so pretty.

Oh the puns/sketchy pickup lines write themselves on this one... "Aye, gurl, you wanna ride up and down all night?"

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
I have this huge crush on a guy from the show: Operation Ouch. Help me. o_o

Is that that show on CBBC-the doctors twins are kinda of nice looking. Seems to be a doctary trait.

I'm try to bag a farmer myself, land and animals, hahaha.

savvywuff

Fire Starter
I've got the hearts for someone older than I, but I'm questioning if I actually -want- to be with someone.
I've come to the point where I'm pretty sure I just want to be alone for the rest of my life.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I've got the hearts for someone older than I, but I'm questioning if I actually -want- to be with someone.
I've come to the point where I'm pretty sure I just want to be alone for the rest of my life.

You know what, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be alone. I think to some degree most people feel a pressure to be with someone, but if being alone, or at least happily single, is what you want, go for it!

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....

As zapto said, nothing wrong with that. I've accepted the fate of forever alone it's really not as bad as most people think.

What if certain information turns people off? I kind of have a crazy living situation that has scared people off before, but I don't know of a good or appropriate time to drop that bomb.

Oh, and a question to everybody here, do any of you happen to have "Plan B's"? You see, I'm a fairly shallow person but I have this agreement with my best friend that if we're not married by the time we're 30 (When no one is artificially hot anymore) then we're marrying eachother.

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
As zapto said, nothing wrong with that. I've accepted the fate of forever alone it's really not as bad as most people think.

It realy isn't, once you get used to it, really. It's sad sometimes, however.
Though it's not like this mindset won't change, eventually.

When I was 16, I wanted to stay alone. When I was 17, I wanted a girlfriend. When I was 18, I wanted a boyfriend. Now, I want a spouse and children, and somehow I can't stand the sight of men. As I'm growing older, my "tastes" and "wants" are changing, developing. Although all I am right now is alone, at least that I achieved. And I'm not quite happy with it.

Don't say you don't want children, to marry, having a partner. This will eventually change, I suppose, as it happened to me. For now, it's fine, that's what you want. But don't restrict yourself on trying and worry about it.

Good luck, Savvy!

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
I have a crush, unfortunately I don't have her in any of my classes, which means I can't make any real forward progression/advancements, by talking, helping her out, getting to know her better, and for her to get to know me better. So I'm here praying that I may have her in my 2nd Semester classes. :3 It's been like about a couple of weeks since I last talked to her lol

Last edited: