• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~~The Love Confessions Thread~~

I've only had like two genuine crushes and that was years ago. Now I've vowed to never be like that again, so far so good.

Koharu_Hinata

Doki Doki Sunshine!
Right now, I'm a complicated situation where I kinda like this guy in one of my classes I used to hate two years ago. He used to be annoying and overconfident, especially towards me. Now, I've been talking with him again since we have classes together again. He's gotten a little more mature and even lost some weight. Still acts like an idiot at times, so I still call him out on his BS. I tend to be overly mean to him for no reason, probably because I'm not good at expressing my emotions without trying to bottle it. Technically, we've always been friends, even if we are always at each others' throats. But I don't think he will ever see me as anything more than that weird girl who has no people skills.

Zazie

So 1991
Right now, I'm a complicated situation where I kinda like this guy in one of my classes I used to hate two years ago. He used to be annoying and overconfident, especially towards me. Now, I've been talking with him again since we have classes together again. He's gotten a little more mature and even lost some weight. Still acts like an idiot at times, so I still call him out on his BS. I tend to be overly mean to him for no reason, probably because I'm not good at expressing my emotions without trying to bottle it. Technically, we've always been friends, even if we are always at each others' throats. But I don't think he will ever see me as anything more than that weird girl who has no people skills.

Your life sounds like a T.V. show.

Though that doesn't mean T.V. is the solution to your problems. Because it would be dumb and irresponsible to think that.

matthew11

8000 MMR

You know, that kinda reminds me of my situation years ago.

I doubt the bolded part. Technically, you're not yet sure about how he sees you since you didn't state that you asked him about it. You don't know if he sees you as more than a friend or, as you said, a weird girl who has no people (?) skills. If you want him to see you as more than a friend, simply be... less youself. By that, I mean don't be overly mean to him or anything that can turn a guy off, and wait patiently for the outcome.

Koharu_Hinata

Doki Doki Sunshine!
Your life sounds like a T.V. show.

Though that doesn't mean T.V. is the solution to your problems. Because it would be dumb and irresponsible to think that.

My life sounds like a T.V. show? I never thought of it that way. Of course, I know T.V. isn't the solution to my problem, I know that reality is different from T.V.

I doubt the bolded part. Technically, you're not yet sure about how he sees you since you didn't state that you asked him about it. You don't know if he sees you as more than a friend or, as you said, a weird girl who has no people (?) skills. If you want him to see you as more than a friend, simply be... less youself. By that, I mean don't be overly mean to him or anything that can turn a guy off, and wait patiently for the outcome.
You're right, I guess I'll never know if I don't ask. Well, I've tried being nicer.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I currently have a girlfriend, that i feel confused over. I just can't feel any love. And to make things worse, i have met another girl who may seem like the girl of my dreams. And somehow i'm going on a date with her on this Sunday Evening. I would never usually do this, but my current girlfriend pretty much ditched our date to do, god knows what.

What to do. Stay in a loveless relationship or go after the one who is perfect for you. I feel like i'm digging myself into a hole here. I would never cheat on my girlfriend though, so the date won't have any kissing or you know what...

Navin

MALDREAD
I currently have a girlfriend, that i feel confused over. I just can't feel any love. And to make things worse, i have met another girl who may seem like the girl of my dreams. And somehow i'm going on a date with her on this Sunday Evening. I would never usually do this, but my current girlfriend pretty much ditched our date to do, god knows what.

It sounds like you need to sit down with your girlfriend and talk things over, sooner than later.

What to do. Stay in a loveless relationship or go after the one who is perfect for you. I feel like i'm digging myself into a hole here. I would never cheat on my girlfriend though, so the date won't have any kissing or you know what...

Except some people (and I would contend a lot of people) do believe that's cheating. Just because it doesn't involve any physical intimacy doesn't make it any better. Mate, you're just asking for trouble. The right decision would be to tell your current girlfriend the situation, and sort things out with her first.

Teebu

Except some people (and I would contend a lot of people) do believe that's cheating. Just because it doesn't involve any physical intimacy doesn't make it any better. Mate, you're just asking for trouble. The right decision would be to tell your current girlfriend the situation, and sort things out with her first.

One could argue it's even worse than a moment of weakness leading to physical intimacy, they already know their feelings and are still doing it, that's pre-meditated and even more hurtful imo.

so yeah, echoing the sentiments of the others, sort it out with your current girl first. it's completely unfair to both of them to string them both along.

Queequeg

I still have feelings for a good friend from high school, which I realized after we graduated and went our separate ways. I'm debating now whether I should ask her on a date now that we're both home from college.

Otherwise, I've been an idiot at my college. I've gotten numbers from girls and went out for coffee with some but never followed up because I found something trivial that made me uninterested or decided I was too busy with academics.

I'll probably end up waiting until I start medical school to find a mate.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Well. I guess you guys are right. Ended up canceling that date. I guess i should probably talk to my ex and sort things out first. I know this wouldn't be fair on her.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Well. I guess you guys are right. Ended up canceling that date. I guess i should probably talk to my ex and sort things out first. I know this wouldn't be fair on her.

Wait... Is she your ex or your girlfriend? In your last post, you called her your girlfriend.

Like seriously, dude, if you want to date someone else, just break it off with whoever you're seeing now.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Wait... Is she your ex or your girlfriend? In your last post, you called her your girlfriend.

Like seriously, dude, if you want to date someone else, just break it off with whoever you're seeing now.

Haha. I actually meant girlfriend. My headspace is so out of whack right now, with this whole relationship nonsense. Might just break it off and go single for a while.

Qucas

When I was sixteen, I proposed to two different girls, after only dating them for 2-3 months (not at the same time). Not sure if I was in love or just young and foolish. It has made dating hard for me since then because I'm afraid I might do something like that again.

Blazeing Man

proffesional artist
I had a crush on a Cute Girl in my english class and i asked her out after a long time of being scared of her saying no and she said no. And That is why i don't beleive in love.

Girls in my grade seem to like Jocks Mostly and im creative and stuff which isnt like jocks.

John Madden

resident policy guy
so i've got a major crush on someone who shares a lot of my interests, has been one of my closest friends for nigh on 10 years now, and is genuinely really glad whenever i make the effort to see her, and every indication's there that we could have a v. healthy and successful relationship

the problem? about 525 miles and an international border

update: this crush is now dating someone else and i'm actually happier because of it (partly because of the aforementioned problem)

Psychic

Really and truly

What? If you want someone to like you and want to date you, they should like you for you. "Be yourself" is the best attitude to take when dating so you can be genuine and find people who will be attracted to you. Otherwise you're just wasting each others' time.

That said, yeah; if you want someone to see you as more than a friend, then don't act like you're just friends. If you want someone to know you're interested in them, then tell them! Take them aside privately and say you like them, or
ask to go out on a date.

I had a crush on a Cute Girl in my english class and i asked her out after a long time of being scared of her saying no and she said no. And That is why i don't beleive in love.

Girls in my grade seem to like Jocks Mostly and im creative and stuff which isnt like jocks.
You don't believe in love because one girl didn't want to go out with you? Yeah, high school sucks - people are immature and care about stupid stuff. Wait until you graduate and people start maturing. Also, don't take rejection so badly - everybody gets rejected, that's 100% normal, and doesn't mean you'll be Forever Alone.

Also, Partner and I have been dating for two years! Whoo!

~Psychic