• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!! (1173)

Jers745

I dont know :p
I like it, they used everything they had in lucario's past and also his abilities granted if it was more than one ep it could have been better but this is a great set up for the next episode. Also for those saying it will ME in the first try that's not exactly true in the preview it seems lucario won't be able to mega evolve at first

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
So Goh fails to get a Sableye and Salamence what a pity. Never mind, you can get them next time or Ash will gets them... maybe.
For what? Tell me what are they going to do.

Thesnowmander11

1173.jpg

The Lucarionite! Big Adventure on Mega Island!!

Ash and Goh have gone to visit Korrina so that Ash can Mega Evolve his Lucario in the Pokémon World Championships. Korrina gives Ash the Key Stone but says he needs to go to Mega island to get the Lucarionite Mega Stone. Will Ash and Lucario find the Mega Stone and master Mega Evolution?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
I loved the ash gloves return lmao and Korrinas too. Now idk if they even mentioned the kalos gang cuz the sub didn’t release yet but i wish they did

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only thing that bugged me with this episode was that Ash WANTED mega evolution. I get that he wants to give Lucario a boost for the Ultra & Master classes, but Ash never sought out any of his past gimmicks (Ash Greninja, the Z Ring or its upgrade, the Dynamax Band). They were always given to him because he proved himself to be a great trainer, or because of a crisis at the time and the situation demanded it.

If it was any other trainer I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but starting the episode off with Ash popping up out of the blue saying “I want Lucario to mega evolve” just feels out of character for him based on what we’ve seen in the past

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The only thing that bugged me with this episode was that Ash WANTED mega evolution. I get that he wants to give Lucario a boost for the Ultra & Master classes, but Ash never sought out any of his past gimmicks (Ash Greninja, Z Moves, Dynamax). They were always given to him because he proved himself to be a great trainer.

I personally don't see what's wrong with that, and also that argument can work both ways because why should he always be handed stuff? that was one of the few things i didn't like about SM, especially since it lead to Kiawe getting in his face about it.

Starting the episode off with as popping up out of the blue saying “I want Lucario to mega evolve” just feels out of character for him based on what we’ve seen in the past

I guess it depends on the viewers perspective then cause it wasn't OoC to me, if anything it was a welcome change.

Not really, its fine to feel that way coz the trials could have been better. I wish we had Gurkinn fight Ash instead of just test him

So your telling me Mega Alakazam wasn't trying to cause damage to Ash's Lucario? that looked like fighting to me.

seems to be a knack of Gurkinn for stopping fights though, since if i recall back when Korrina got her mega stone she had to get past his Blaziken, and once she and her Lucario pinned it down, he called the fight off saying they passed.

I gotta say one thing though, Gurkinn did finally prove that a trainer can have more than 1 pokemon capable of mega evolving in the anime.

So there is a chance Ash could get another mega stone if the writers so wish it.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
That OST that played when Lucario and Ash were using aura to sense each other, is it just me or did it remind anyone else of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew's soundtrack? That moment was honestly so good and beautiful it saved the episode for me

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So your telling me Mega Alakazam wasn't trying to cause damage to Ash's Lucario? that looked like fighting to me.

seems to be a knack of Gurkinn for stopping fights though, since if i recall back when Korrina got her mega stone she had to get past his Blaziken, and once she and her Lucario pinned it down, he called the fight off saying they passed.

I gotta say one thing though, Gurkinn did finally prove that a trainer can have more than 1 pokemon capable of mega evolving in the anime.

So there is a chance Ash could get another mega stone if the writers so wish it.
I mean it wasnt really a proper fight, more like a test. When I say fight I mean if Lucario took down Mega Alakazam on its own and all

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I mean it wasnt really a proper fight, more like a test. When I say fight I mean if Lucario took down Mega Alakazam on its own and all

Again, the same thing happened with Korrina, she and her Lucario had to battle his Blaziken, but once they pinned it down he called the battle off.

Besides if Lucario had defeated Mega Alakazam in combat, then you'd have the detractor faction talking about how "Wait why does it need a mega stone if it can beat a mega without one?"

What they did is fine, Lucario passed it's test and it didn't make a mega look weak in comparison.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I personally don't see what's wrong with that, and also that argument can work both ways because why should he always be handed stuff? that was one of the few things i didn't like about SM, especially since it lead to Kiawe getting in his face about it.
You’re not wrong & you make some great points, but it just feels weird because Ash not wanting to get the battle gimmicks kind of felt like a character trait in the past. It’s like he’s confident enough in his own skills that he doesn’t need them to prove he’s strong, so the universe rewards him for his efforts & his genuine love for pokémon .

I admit that it feels weird & comes as Ash being simply given stuff when you put it into words though. I guess it just seems bad & out of character solely because it’s different from what we’ve seen in previous series

Last edited:

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
It was nice seeing Lucario use it's aura power again. Also Ash sensing his aura was because of the key stone or he sensed it on his own?

At first I thought Ash has to beat mega evolution sennin to get Lucarionite but it wasn't the case. I liked Korrina's reaction after hearing Bea's name (she must've beaten her pretty bad).

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
I loved the ash gloves return lmao and Korrinas too. Now idk if they even mentioned the kalos gang cuz the sub didn’t release yet but i wish they did
Only issue with the glove is the key stone protrudes too much and looks like a giant zit in a lot of the shots. It looked better in the EP85 preview though and that was because the stone looked flatter and didnt pop out as much.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh that’s right, seems like Gurkinn essentially just confirmed that you’re able to use more than one Mega Evolution in the anime. (originally, it was assumed that it’s only restricted to one mon that’s chosen for it since the anime never bothered to confirm if you’re able to have and use multiple Megas until now)

How nice.

Soniman

Break the Limit
The only thing that bugged me with this episode was that Ash WANTED mega evolution. I get that he wants to give Lucario a boost for the Ultra & Master classes, but Ash never sought out any of his past gimmicks (Ash Greninja, the Z Ring or its upgrade, the Dynamax Band). They were always given to him because he proved himself to be a great trainer, or because of a crisis at the time and the situation demanded it.

If it was any other trainer I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but starting the episode off with Ash popping up out of the blue saying “I want Lucario to mega evolve” just feels out of character for him based on what we’ve seen in the past
Yeah nah I feel the exact opposite and thought it was super contrived to not have Ash have the slightest interest in pursuing mega evolution since XY. All those other gimmicks you mentioned were literally given to him before he even fully knew what they were he didn't really have any time to ponder desring them before getting them. But with ME he SHOULD'VE had a interest in it so this is long overdue

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Ah this was a nice episode. Seeing Ash hugging Lucario was cute

I expect this thread will be up by 10 pages or more by the time I wake up
Only 4 pages? I had more faith in you guys!

Lol kidding. I know As vs Bea will bring numbers to their threads
Also is it funny that they're actively avoiding having Inteleon and Cinderace together in the same frames?
Even with Inteleon evolved they still insist on pushing monkeys?
I'm over here cracking the heck up at how funny this frame looks!

The transparency of it all lmao

index.php

"Okay guys we need a Water Type for this scene, let's bring out Inte- OH SH*T WAIT NO! CINDERACE IS HERE TOO WE CAN'T HAVE THAT SO WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"UH UHH MONKEY!"

"MONKEY?"

"MONKEY!"

(Now watch as Cinderace will be nowhere to be found during the Scuba Diving episode lol)

Last edited: