• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Magic Of The Night Sun Can Be An Amazing Thing

Xenevix

Some Guy
Hello my fellow Serebiians! Xenevix here with my favorite RMT of mine so far: A Bulky Trick Room Doubles Team. The purpose of this team is to end double battles quickly within the confines of Trick Room and maintain offensive momentum without the use of constant switching. This requires a lot of coverage and few weaknesses so synergy has to be tight. I feel as if I have explored Trick Room to its finest, not saying that I am the best with it but that I am very comfortable within its twisted dimensions even with some other weather playing around. I would also like to mention this is a team that I will attempt to use in tournaments so I have to keep all of the hold items different.

Updates are not specifically marked, so I stated what was changed in certain posts. So far the only posts stating major updates are posts #6 and #13.

Before I begin rambling here you have the team. Thank you all in advance.

Team Building Process

First I had to choose the two main partners that would start off most of my battles:

488.gif
464.gif

Cresselia and Rhyperior make a great team to start off with in Trick Room doubles. Not only does it not let me get my Trick Room up right off the bat with Cresselia but it lets me play heavy offensive pressure early with Rhyperior. His Earthquake hits my opponents like a truck and it doesn’t even touch Cresselia.

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif

Next I picked Jellicent because I wanted a second Trick Room user on my team and Jellicent is easily paired with a lot of double battlers.

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif
149.gif

It doesn’t seem to most people as if Dragonite belongs on a Trick Room team seeing as he is used as a speedy wall breaker or a Dragon Dancer. Well have no fear! There is a reason he is there! Dragonite and Jellicent make a great pair. While Jellicent sets up Trick Room Dragonite can Surf away! Hitting my opponents pretty hard and healing Jellicent as well. Dragonite also resists Earthquake from my Rhyperior.

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif
149.gif
500.gif

Emboar is personally my favorite starter. Although he is the repetitive Fire/Fighting combo he is quite separate from his chicken and monkey counterparts. The biggest difference: Emboar can take a hit. He has great HP and horrendous speed which makes him great for my purposes. His attacks (Flare Blitz especially) hit like Rhyperior’s.

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif
149.gif
500.gif
598.gif

Ah Ferrothorn, one of the most revolutionary Pokemon that Black and White brought to the metagame, how predictable you are… NOT! Ferrothorn actually has quite a usable attack stat and I put him on my team to cover some weaknesses *cough cough water cough* and add some more defensive bulk to my team. I used an offensive set with Curse just to make him the “Thorn Pod Overlord.”

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif
635.gif
500.gif
598.gif

Here I switched Dragonite for Hydreigon because Dragonite’s Surf was only good for healing Jellicent and nothing else. His bulk was great but I found him way too weak typing wise for my liking and his special attack too low. Hydreigon was a fit replacement because he heals Jellicent and has a lot more special attack.

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif
635.gif
500.gif
143.gif

Now in replacing Dragonite for Hydreigon I lost all my gen one Pokemon. I personally loved gen one so I really wanted to have one of those Pokemon on my team, but at the time my team was really good. So after a LOT of testing I began to realize that Ferrothorn was almost useless when Trick Room was not up and he barely paired well with anyone. His +2 (from Curse) Gyro Ball was ridiculously powerful but what does that matter if he is not a good teammate? Bottom line: offensive Ferrothorn without Trick Room stunk on this team and Snorlax is awesome with or without Trick Room.

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif
635.gif
500.gif
463.gif

Here I replaced Snorlax for Lickilicky as any counter to weather is good. He fills Snorlax's role exactly and with Swords Dance can be a rdiculous late-game sweeper. His Explosion is unmatched in power and anything that doesn't resist gets destroyed. Snorlax didn't provide the necessary hail counter so Lickilicky was a lovely replacement. Reducing the accuracy of the most weather-based abused moves is quite a plus for my team.

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif
149.gif
500.gif
463.gif

After a lot more testing and some advice from Justin I re-replaced Hydreigon for Dragonite. Since I got the Wide Lens off of Rhyperior I can now give it to Dragonite so his STAB Hurricane hits more often. Dragonite with Multiscale is also a lot bulkier and fufills the same role as Hydreigon does but he's slower. Therefore, he pairs with Jellicent better.

The Detailed Look:

488.gif

Luna (Female) @ Mental Herb
Nature: Relaxed (-Speed +Defense)
EVs: +252 HP +160 Defense +96 Special Defense
Ability: Levitate
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam

Cresselia is the main Trick Room user over Jellicent. It has tremendous bulk on both sides of the spectrum and can sponge any hit. Pairing it with Rhyperior is my main strategy because of Cresselia’s Helping Hand. With Cresselia’s Helping Hand, Rhyperior’s physical attack sails past 600. Rhyperior also gets STAB on EQ so that puts the base power at 150. So a 600+ physical attack stat unleashing a 150 base power attack on everything on the field, except Cresselia, is pretty nifty. Not to mention that those flying types that resist get wrecked by a 112 base power Rock Slide. But Rhyperior isn’t the only possible partner. Emboar, Jellicent, Hydreigon, and Snorlax all appreciate a nice attack boost here and there. Personally I think that the best part of this Cresselia is that my team can function without it. Jellicent takes a huge amount of pressure off Cresselia by also having Trick Room.

Unfortunately, Cresselia really has zero offensive prowess so if Taunt didn’t exist I would put another support move in the last slot but that isn’t the case. I picked Ice Beam as the preferred attack move because it’s strong and hits Dragons and Ground types Rhyperior wouldn’t quite finish on his own. Another downfall is that Cresselia’s only reliable recovery is affected by the weather. If there is no weather Cresselia can live forever but only being able to recover ¼ of her HP makes Cresselia a little frailer in weathers.

464.gif

Rambi (Male) @ Lum Berry
Nature: Brave (-Speed +Attack)
EVs: +252 Attack +200 HP +56 Defense
Ability: Solid Rock
- Protect
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I really want to stress that Rhyperior is the god of Earthquake and Rock Slide. His Earthquake is only rivaled by few: Landorus-T, Groudon, and Deoxys-A. Not even Rampardos’ monster attack stat can equal the sheer destruction wrought by max attack Rhyperior’s Earthquake, and Rampardos is the only other Pokemon that’s Rock Slide rivals Rhyperior’s. Now I’ve already stressed in Cresselia’s description how this set works with Cresselia, but not completely. Another reason Rhyperior is my chosen strong lead is that it has a ton of weaknesses: Grass, Water, Steel, Fighting, Ground, and Ice, six in all. All of these types are very common on any opponent’s team. Why is this good? Because I am almost guaranteed one attack on the opponent’s side is going to be fired at Rhyperior first turn. So I use Protect, I scout, take pressure off Cresselia for that turn so she can set up Trick Room, and Rhyperior is completely safe to wreck next turn. But having a lot of weaknesses obviously isn’t that much fun so I prefer the Solid Rock ability over Lightningrod.

Now you may ask why I have Lum Berry. I replaced Wide Lens with a Lum Berry to suck up Swagger and get rid of any and all burns. I chose Lum over Persim because burns are awful cutting my attack in half, the occasional freeze and paralysis get erased, and Swagger gives me a free +2 and no consequences. If I suck up a Swagger with Rhyperior and Trick Room lasts two more turns I win. End of story. :)

593.gif

Pringles 3.0 (Male) @ Ghost Gem
Nature: Quiet (-Speed +Special Attack)
EVs: +236 HP +108 Special Attack +164 Special Defense
Ability: Water Absorb
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Trick Room

Haha! All you people who name your Jellicents “Pringles” have been stumped for my Jellicent is Pringles 3.0! Not only did I skip 2.0 but I am 3.0, which is better in every sense of the number. Anyway this is my second Trick Room user. He also happens to be my surprise BattleSquid. Hydro Pump with this set’s special attack is amazing. It’s almost guaranteed the HP bar will stay green with this guy. He is so bulky! Anyway this guy mainly pairs with Hydreigon and pairs with Lickilicky on occasion. Shadow Ball is a nice STAB that can OHKO any other offensive ghost type, particularly Gengar.

Now the EVs look a little weird, and they are, but the 16 HP EVs will not be missed for Jellicent really doesn’t need them, the special attack EVs are just perfect for OHKO’ing other offensive ghost sets, and lastly the rest of the EVs were put into special defense to maximize special bulk. I chose Ghost Gem eventually over Lum Berry per Justin's advice and having a nice big Shadow Ball STAB really helps get rid of annoying Cresselia and other ghosts. I don't think Jellicent needs a Water Gem because I believe that the STAB Hydro Pump here is powerful enough.

149.gif

Puff (Male) @ Wide Lens
EVs: +248 HP +252 Special Attack +8 Special Defense
Ability: Multiscale
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Protect

The second permanent gen one Pokemon on this team so far. Dragonite boasts one of the largest movepools in all of Pokemon making it one of the biggest threats on any team. Opponents never know what Dragonite has in store, or what it will do next. For my purposes Dragonite fulfills the role of its predecessor, Hydreigon: he pairs up with Jellicent to keep its HP up and to take out Jellicent's main fears. But now that Jellicent has the Ghost Gem, offensive ghosts are no longer an issue. Therefore, Dark Pulse is no longer needed. Dragonite also pairs well with Rhyperior and Emboar, resisting Earthquake even with Mold Breaker in play; something Hydreigon couldn't do. Now since Rhyperior didn't really need the Wide Lens I gave it to Dragonite. I know it doesn't increase it's accuracy that much but for Hurricane without rain, any boost is appreciated.

Now this Dragonite is designed like the others in that it is made to take things out fast and hard while boasting a significant amount of bulk. But this Pokemon in particular is designed as well to take out major particular threats: Scizor, Metagross, Hitmontop, Conkeldurr, and almost any rain team. All four are susceptible to Fire Blast or Hurricane; another reason I wanted the Wide Lens here. Protect on Dragonite is kind of a scouting filler. I was considering Dragon Pulse but he rarely uses it and Protect is good to ward off Swagger from itself. I actually considered Dragon Claw and Aqua Jet for the last slot since its physical attack stat is still useful. I also considered Thunder Wave, Safeguard, and Focus Blast for more support or power respectively but for now I've been using Protect.

500.gif

Attila The Ham (Male) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: +252 Attack +252 HP +4 Special Defense
Ability: Blaze
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Ah the war pig. You really have no respect for your body, always doing so much damage to yourself. The fire starter that’s only immediate weakness is that you are insanely slow… You fit so well into this team. Emboar is like a jack-of-all-trades here, I even considered giving him Scald to help Jellicent but the loss of coverage could be too much. Emboar has such great coverage that only a few dragons and ghosts can survive its onslaught of massive attacks. With Cresselia, Emboar can literally take out any Pokemon, with the exception of Multiscale Dragonite, sashers, and sturdymons. I have replaced Reckless with Blaze because it isn't released yet but I hope it will be soon. ;)

Now for Emboar's item I chose the Sitrus Berry. It allows for quick recovery, which is quite a bit for Emboar's great HP, and helps sponge some recoil damage. I didn't choose Persim Berry because if I see a Swagger coming and I still have Rhyperior I will switch. Also, Emboar takes out the common Swaggerers XD before they can get Emboar with it. An interesting perk about Emboar: nobody really uses him. I'm surprised because he fits so well within Trick Room; I don't know why he isn't more often used. He isn't that ugly.

463.gif

Slobberer (Female) @ Normal Gem
Nature: Sassy (-Speed +Special Defense)
EVs: +252 HP +56 Attack +200 Special Defense
Ability: Cloud Nine
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- Power Whip
- Rock Slide

The longest tongue in all of Pokemon has made its way onto my team due to it's ability: Cloud Nine. Not only does it replace Snorlax near perfectly, but it pauses weather effects while it is on the field. Most predominately, Tornadus-T's Hurricanes, Thundrus-T's Thunders, rain-boosted water attacks (namely Hydro Pump), and any Blizzards are all lowered back to the piddly 70-75% accuracy. Which is also why this guy has special defense EVs and not defense EVs. If his main reason is to counter special attacks that are boosted by weather, he needs some bulk and special defense. Now it seems Lickilicky wouldn't be very good on a bulky offensive team; well he isn't without Swords Dance. Swords Dance is necessary for proper attack power on this guy, without it Power Whip fails to OHKO Politoed and Tyranitar and Rock Slide fails to OHKO Ninetales and Abomasnow. But after one Swords Dance this guy has all the weather inducers covered.

Tornadus-T is the most predominant weather-abuser right now so I'll use him as an example. Tornadus-T just destroyed my Emboar with a Life Orb Hurricane, so I send in my Lickilicky. Rain is put on pause while Lickylicky is out so Hurricane goes back to 70% accuracy. If Cresselia is out I would use Helping Hand and go for Rock Slide, or use Ice Beam and Rock Slide at the same time in hopes of getting rid of Tornadus-T. Now since most Tornadus-T are offensive with Life Orb it is likely that a regular Rock Slide will do anywhere from 45%-55%, with max damage hacks at 65%-75% and minimum at 25%-35%. Obviously not an OHKO, so I would have to take two Hurricanes if Tornadus hasn't been hurting itself sufficiently with Life Orb. This is why Lickilicky is specially bulky, he can survive two Hurricanes easily, but barely; any other attack or residual damage will take him out. This is also why Lickilicky has Explosion: Normal Gem boosted Explosion is an easy OHKO on standard Life Orb Tornadus-T even without Swords Dance.

In Conclusion:

488.gif
464.gif
593.gif
149.gif
500.gif
463.gif

I am proud of this team quite a bit. It just needs a few final tweaks, nothing major. I am also happy that I have created a team that can handle weathers quite well without a specified counter. The synergy on this team may not look the greatest but it's the trainer that makes it great. :D I am also glad that my team does not rely on my primary core, that it can mix and match almost everyone to create still a huge offensive pressure that is bulky enough to stay alive for a while.

I can say I haven’t come across any clear-cut threats but this team is not without its weaknesses. Gastrodon, Swampert, and Quagsire can stall for a couple of turns but they won’t last long. The only issue is when one of these gets up too many Curses because my main attackers have no grass moves. Hitmontop with Fighting Gem and Close Combat can be an issue without Dragonite.

Choiced Pokemon can also be a threat, although Scarfs are almost never an issue Bands and Specs can be. The only thing is they are so rarely used in doubles there is really no fear of them. A primary example is banded Tyranitar: not only does it set up an annoying weather but it can take out a lot of my team, granted it has the right moveset. But I realized this: what teams do choice specs and choice banded Pokemon not threaten, especially banded Tyranitar?

Former Members

143.gif

Potatomato (Female) @ Normal Gem
EVs: +100 Attack +156 Defense +252 Special Defense
Ability: Thick Fat
- Seed Bomb
- Crunch
- Curse
- Body Slam / Selfdestruct

One of the most nostalgic, and annoying, Pokemon ever; to be completely frank Snorlax is the odd woman out. She doesn’t really pair well with anybody but Jellicent and is the only one on the entire team with a grass move. This seems really bad but it isn’t: my team is so overpowered so early in the match that most bulky waters are rejected in the first few turns. This is because a lot of bulky waters are an opponent’s first line of defense in fighting a huge prowess such as Rhyperior. Either way Snorlax’s Seed Bomb is a great move to have. It destroys incoming Gastrodon that try to prey off Jellicent’s Water Spout and, if ever paired with Emboar or Rhyperior, kills the water types that threaten them.

Curse is a move that this Snorlax kind of really needs. She doesn’t quite have the womanpower to take out much by herself. But after the Curse you better look out. It is nearly impenetrable! But has no recovery so really any damage isn’t too great. Otherwise Snorlax has been doing great. Selfdestruct is especially amusing with the Normal Gem and massive physical attack, particularly after one or two curses. It just takes everything out. Not even max HP Multiscale Dragonite can survive (I’m not sure about max defense but I doubt it).

635.gif

Puff (Male) @ Expert Belt
EVs: +252 HP +252 Special Attack +4 Special Defense
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Hydreigon is an invaluable partner to Jellicent. Keeping Jellicent’s HP up and destroying Jellicent’s main fears are Hydreigon’s main roles on the field. Although Hydreigon pairs nicely with Rhyperior and Emboar he is rarely seen with them in battle. Of the two Rhyperior is the partner most often chosen as its Protect lets Hydreigon swamp the battlefield. Emboar however lacks Protect restricting Hydreigon to three moves. Hydreigon resists Rhyperior's Earthquake making him a nice partner but Hydreigon just loves Jellicent. Dark Pulse KO’s threatening ghosts, Fire Blast KO’s threatening grass types, and Dragon Pulse gets pretty much everything else with a little extra help first (except Steel obviously).

Hydreigon is pretty standard, he comes in and hopefully punches a few holes in the opponent’s team, has the basic moveset, and sometimes geigns a choice set with Expert Belt. Ooo now that we’re here: Expert Belt, there’s really no point feigning a choiced set in a double battle because almost nothing is ever choiced. Expert Belt is a good item but I feel like Hydreigon could use something better. I was at one point considering Choice Specs because it Surfs so often but that would leave Jellicent weak, to defensive ghosts especially. So any suggestions there are greatly appreciated. Now I put the last four EVs into Special Defense so that Downloaders such as Porygon-Z do not get a special attack boost. Same with Emboar.

I really appreciate you guys taking your time to read this, I know it’s lengthy but I thought you’d like detailed explanations. Any and all constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.​

Last edited:

Rotom-F

Team Rater
This team have a lot of missed stuff you could change. Actually Helping Hand doesnt helps in 1x1 battles, so you could switch for Magic Coat (To Stop obvious taunt or toxic), Or Lunar Dance to help Cresselia when is near to die, heal other pokémon. Ice beam could be switched for Psychic, cause its a better stab (Note that Ice beam on Ubers Cresselia is very good) On rhyperior, Protect is totally useless, you Could Switch it for Sword Dance to boost his attack to sky-high levels. Rock Slide is Ok, but you should invest in more power, and rock slide secondary effect is uselss without Trick Room, since it is slow. You should Change Wide lems for Rock Gem, to OHKO Gliscor after a Sword Dance. Jellicent dont fit on this team, since Cresselia walls like it, but better. If you want other Pokémon to Set trick room, you could use Bronzong, to hit Hard With Gyro Ball, and setup Stealth Rocks, Porygon-2 for a versatile and bulky poké, or even Chandelure for a Offensive special and surprise fact option. On Hydreigon i would Recomend Draco Meteor over dragon pulse, to hit harder and OHKO, Focus Blast over surf for more coverage and do more damage to heatran. Berries in metagame are not much effective, so you could put Choice Band over Passho Berry, and Stone Edge over Head Smash, since it is Suicice. Its Better Superpower (or 100 base power Hammer arm) for 180 power move after STAB, which has more coverage than Earthquake in OU. On Snorlax, Seed Bomb is completely useless, and you should switch for earthquake, and Return / Frustration Over Body Slam and Explosion. Immunity is better than thick fat, since Snorlax is a tank, and poison would ruin it. Also Leftovers over Normal Gem.

Now About the EVs, i Would recomend: Cresselia with 248 HP, 176 Defense (for nature +1 point boosting) and 84 Special Defense. Hydreigon Timid 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe, since hydreigon is fast, and you need to hit key pokémons with good coverage off the trick room.

You were very unprepared for experienced trainers, create your teams with more attention.

Xenevix

Some Guy
This team have a lot of missed stuff you could change. Actually Helping Hand doesnt helps in 1x1 battles, so you could switch for Magic Coat (To Stop obvious taunt or toxic), Or Lunar Dance to help Cresselia when is near to die, heal other pokémon. Ice beam could be switched for Psychic, cause its a better stab (Note that Ice beam on Ubers Cresselia is very good) On rhyperior, Protect is totally useless, you Could Switch it for Sword Dance to boost his attack to sky-high levels. Rock Slide is Ok, but you should invest in more power, and rock slide secondary effect is uselss without Trick Room, since it is slow. You should Change Wide lems for Rock Gem, to OHKO Gliscor after a Sword Dance. Jellicent dont fit on this team, since Cresselia walls like it, but better. If you want other Pokémon to Set trick room, you could use Bronzong, to hit Hard With Gyro Ball, and setup Stealth Rocks, Porygon-2 for a versatile and bulky poké, or even Chandelure for a Offensive special and surprise fact option. On Hydreigon i would Recomend Draco Meteor over dragon pulse, to hit harder and OHKO, Focus Blast over surf for more coverage and do more damage to heatran. Berries in metagame are not much effective, so you could put Choice Band over Passho Berry, and Stone Edge over Head Smash, since it is Suicice. Its Better Superpower (or 100 base power Hammer arm) for 180 power move after STAB, which has more coverage than Earthquake in OU. On Snorlax, Seed Bomb is completely useless, and you should switch for earthquake, and Return / Frustration Over Body Slam and Explosion. Immunity is better than thick fat, since Snorlax is a tank, and poison would ruin it. Also Leftovers over Normal Gem.

Now About the EVs, i Would recomend: Cresselia with 248 HP, 176 Defense (for nature +1 point boosting) and 84 Special Defense. Hydreigon Timid 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe, since hydreigon is fast, and you need to hit key pokémons with good coverage off the trick room.

You were very unprepared for experienced trainers, create your teams with more attention.

Well excuse me, I am quite experienced, and I do know what I am talking about. If you actually read the top description you would notice that this is a Trick Room DOUBLES team. Obviously you haven't played much tournament style double battling as it is quite different from single battling. The most common threats in singles are either very different or non-existent.

Before you go insulting someone else's intelligence you should make sure you know what you yourself are talking about. Think before you speak.

Usatoday

Eternal God

Honestly dude read atleast the top part first your making sense in a singles point of view but doubles and triples are completely different
Well excuse me, I am quite experienced, and I do know what I am talking about. If you actually read the top description you would notice that this is a Trick Room DOUBLES team. Obviously you haven't played much tournament style double battling as it is quite different from single battling. The most common threats in singles are either very different or non-existent.

Before you go insulting someone else's intelligence you should make sure you know what you yourself are talking about. Think before you speak.
Lewis_Black_with_finger_pointing_up_.jpg

Anyways overall you logic is solid and looks very very threatening a few tweaks try a gallade over cresselia as it has many of the same support moves
Gallade @ Focus Sash
Nature Brave
Ability Justified
Evs 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
Close Combat
Trick Room
Heal Pulse
Helping Hand
you may want to consider this as gallade gets heal pulse which will heal its team mate however cressellia is an amazing trick roomer to if you decide to keep cresselia i suggest you put a mental herb on it to prevent it from being taunted hence no trick room. on jellicent go with hydro pump as it will be better as you wont have to keep it at full health to dish out huge amounts of damage. On lax either move is situational however i would go with a lickylicky as it can negate wether effects and has explosion hope this helped :)

Attachments

• Lewis_Black_with_finger_pointing_up_.jpg
    Lewis_Black_with_finger_pointing_up_.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 38

Xenevix

Some Guy
Thanks it does. :) I like Gallade and I would use it but the fact is it just doesn't quite match up to Cresselia. Heal Pulse is great but getting hit by Rhyperior's Earthquake is not and it's a pretty big asset to my team. I do like the mental Herb idea though, it frees up leftovers for someone else. And Lickilicky, I have never really used one but it could be fun. I'm not quite sure how I would make it an equal to Snorlax since its stats are a substantial amount less. But I will play around with it. Thanks again. :)

Xenevix

Some Guy
Okay so updates are as follows:

Cresselia: lost leftovers and gained mental herb for countering the obvious Taunt.

Rhyperior: Unchanged

Jellicent: lost Water Spout and gained Hydro Pump for more reliability at low health.

Hydreigon: no change.

Emboar: lost passho berry and gained life orb, changed Wild Charge to Grass Knot to counter my main water threats.

Snorlax: removed and replaced with a weather countering Lickilicky.

Gallade was considered for replacing Cresselia but testing proved it was not bulky enough and the inability to give Rhyperior's EQ a Helping Hand was not good. I was surprised to what could survive a non-boosted EQ to say the least.

Last edited:

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
Looks like a solid team. I had a facepalm moment when I read Rotom-F's comment. Don't know why, but I find oblivious people funny. Pringles might want to run Surf though you would need to be careful with two water weaknesses on your team. This can be solved since you are running Protect on Rhyperior. The turns can go like this

Rhyperior: Protect, Jelli: Surf
Rhyperior: EQ, Jelli: Recover/TR if necessary

Ground and water might not have the best synergy together, but it's better than just a single type. An interesting option on Jelli could be Blizzard. Ice is amazing offensively, hitting grass, flying, and many levitating dragons hard which is good synergy with EQ while Rhyperior knocks out those steel and fire types with his ground attack.

I like how you're using Licky and Jelli on the same team. All of those annoying moments where your opponent protects as you Explode or they switch to a ghost type. You're using that to your advantage you sick man

Rotom-F

Team Rater

Wow, sorry, i dint read, thats true, i dont want to flame or something, but you say that like if you were the most wise guys in the world. Anyways, even for 2x2, i dont think some stuff would work, dont be so rude, like you never did something wrong in entire life.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Looks like a solid team. Pringles might want to run Surf though you would need to be careful with two water weaknesses on your team. This can be solved since you are running Protect on Rhyperior. The turns can go like this:

Rhyperior: Protect, Jelli: Surf
Rhyperior: EQ, Jelli: Recover/TR if necessary

Ground and water might not have the best synergy together, but it's better than just a single type. An interesting option on Jelli could be Blizzard. Ice is amazing offensively, hitting grass, flying, and many levitating dragons hard which is good synergy with EQ while Rhyperior knocks out those steel and fire types with his ground attack.

I like how you're using Licky and Jelli on the same team. All of those annoying moments where your opponent protects as you Explode or they switch to a ghost type. You're using that to your advantage you sick man

I appreciate the advice but I'm confused as to how the second turn would go (I bolded and underline it above). Using EQ on my own Jellicent with a max attack Rhyperior would not fare so well for me; can I have some clarification there? The first turn is actually something I do quite often I just didn't say so. :) And about your comment with the Explosion and Jellicent/Protect: you wouldn't believe the amount of people that ragequit because of that combo, especially after a Swords Dance.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Wow, sorry, i dint read, thats true, i dont want to flame or something, but you say that like if you were the most wise guys in the world. Anyways, even for 2x2, i dont think some stuff would work, dont be so rude, like you never did something wrong in entire life.
Hi. Not to be rude or anything, and I say this not to diss you or anything, but you should probably start reading before posting. I've noticed that you don't really do that before posting, which is the fastest way to get told off. And also, probably don't try to defend yourself when you make a mistake. Just apologize and move on. That's also not mentioning the fact that you were rude first, insulting Xenevix's intelligence and putting him down.*
Another thing, if you are not experienced in a certain aspect of battling, it's best not to to post. There's actually a rule against it. So you might want to be careful what you say. But if you hold firm to your feeling that this stuff doesn't work, please elaborate. I say these things in sincere fear that someone will report you and you'll get a warning or something.

I for one, being well-versed in both Doubles and Trick Room teams, think this is a very solid team. Good thing I took my time with rating; it appears you've already made changes haha. Btw, the nicknames are pretty humorous! :D

The Detailed Look:

488.gif

Luna (Female) @ Mental Herb
Nature: Relaxed (-Speed +Defense)
EVs: +252 HP +160 Defense +96 Special Defense
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
Pretty solid Cress. For what you want it to do, it's pretty set in its ways. Cress really suffers from the 4-move-slot limit, since Cress needs all the moves you have for her, but also needs other ones, like Psyshock to deal with Hitmontop, or HP Fire to work on Scizor or Metagross. But again, solid set for Cress. I really wish there were a move that you could take out for something more offensive, but I'm just going to go with it. On the bright side, with Rhyperior, Cress works really well since she takes no damage from Rhyperior, and can help amp up that Earthquake.*

How are the EVs working out for you? Cress has so many different EV spreads its crazy! XD*

464.gif

Rambi (Male) @ Wide Lens
EVs: +252 Attack +200 HP +56 Defense
Ability: Solid Rock
- Protect
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
We run very similar Rhyperior! I really love Rhyperior. It's so good in TR.

Why not invest those Def EVs into Sp.Def? Make it survive a hit or two on its Special Side? Is there a particular reason for it? It's bulky enough to take some pretty hefty hits on its Physical Side, although I'm not sure about Gemmed, but even with that, does the EV set it has right now remedy that?

I love this combo you have going on here; Rhyperior can pair off with Cresselia to dish out double damage, while still being an offensive threat to both Pokemon with Helping Hand, or to deal out even more damage with Hydreigon. Rhyperior is obviously the highlight of this team.

593.gif

Pringles 3.0 (Male) @ Lum Berry
EVs: +236 HP +108 Special Attack +164 Special Defense
Ability: Water Absorb
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Trick Room
People use Toxic on you in Doubles? 8o *No one does that!

I honestly think a Sitrus or Leftovers would be a better fit on Jellicent, or something else to boost its power. Maybe a Water, Ice, or Ghost Gem? I noticed that a lot of Pokemon weak to Shadow Ball try to capitalize on their bulk to prevent being OHKO'd by, specifically, Jellicent's Shadow Ball. Coming off base 85(?) Sp.Attk, that's not super threatening, but Ghost Gemmed, that is. Chandelure doesn't stand a chance.*

Also, Jellicent is a known Special Tank, even without the EVs, but its Physical Side is definitely its weak point. A while time Crunch or Sucker Punch could leave you without any Pringles. Why not put that bulk into Defense, to help capitalize even more on Jellicent's amazing bulk?

Otherwise, Jellicent's boss. (I used Jellicent on my own TR team too. XD)

635.gif

Puff (Male) @ Expert Belt
EVs: +252 HP +252 Special Attack +4 Special Defense
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
This surprised me. You're using Hydreigon on a Trick Room team. On one end, I find that amazingly interesting. On the other hand, that seems very difficult, as even with a Quiet Nature, in Trick Room, Pokemon like Mamoswine, Togekiss, Hitmontop, Scizor, etc, all outspeed it. That's not good, as Mamoswine could hit with Icicle Crash, Togekiss Aura Sphere, Hitmontop Close Combat, and Scizor Bug Bite. That's a crippled Hydreigon.

Might I suggest Dragonite? Multiscale is beautiful, it's slow, and it can use pretty much the exact same movepool minus Dark Pulse, but you get Hurricane (which helps Jellicent take out Hitmontop and Abomasnow). Dragonite's bulky, powerful, and again, Multiscale really cushions those hits. Pokemon will have to waste one turn in order to put Dragonite into killing range. Of course, you are trading Speed and bulk for some power, but Expert Belt would help remedy that as well.

Hydreigon's still good though, like I said, I'm just worried about its functionality in Trick Room.

500.gif

Attila The Ham (Male) @ Life Orb
EVs: +160 Attack + 92 Special Attack +252 HP +4 Special Defense
Ability: Reckless
- Flare Blitz
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot
- Head Smash
YOU'RE USING EMBOAR. YOU ARE SO COOL I LOVE EMBOAR!! My feels. :D

Anyways, one thing... Reckless isn't out yet. So there's no way you could use it in VGCs, which, as we discussed, is your goal for this team. Blaze will have to do until there's a legitimate way to get Reckless on Tepig.

Other than that, that's very interesting use of Emboar. There's nothing I can suggest that would be better for Emboar. You could always opt for Sitrus Berry over Life Orb, for an extra turn or something with the recoil, but Life Orb works too. Also, while your reasoning behind Grass Knot is solid, I really think Wild Charge is your best call. Gastrodon takes minimal damage from Grass Knot, no one really uses Swampert, and other Water types will take more damage from a physical attacks. You really only solidify against Jellicent and (to an extent) T-Tar if Sand isn't accounted for.

I'm so happy to see it on someone's team! You make me feel bad for not using it on my own team, despite it being my 2nd favorite Pokemon. XP

463.gif

Slobberer (Female) @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy (-Speed +Special Defense)
EVs: +252 HP +56 Attack +200 Special Defense
Ability: Cloud Nine
- * * *Swords Dance
- * * *Explosion
- * * *Power Whip
- * * *Rock Slide

I love Lickilicky too! (I love almost your entire team. Cress is so tired though, but everything else just. :D)

Anyways, my main fear is that Lickilicky will have a hard time setting Swords Dance up. Not to mention that's one turn of your Trick Room wasted. There's a big chance that after Licky gets set up and attacks, that'll be your last turn of Trick Room, which will make it difficult for Lickilicky to stay an offensive presence. Maybe Protect over it? Also, Chople Berry could help it survive some important hits. Or, to further it's offensive prowess, a Normal Gem could be really cool. Imagine; +2, STAB, x2. That HURTS.

All in all, pretty solid team. Besides the few things I noted, your team looks like it would function pretty decently. A few things though; how do you deal with Swagger? No doubt someone will try to Swagger our Cresselia, which could really bite. Or maybe risk it on Rhyperior, who, if he takes confusion damage, will not likely see two turns before fainting. Also, be careful on who takes on those Gemmed Close Combats that Hitmontop is known to dish out. Besides your TR starters, no one on your team would appreciate one of those.*

But other than that, very solid. I'm very impressed. As you noted, no specific core as everyone somewhat works with another member constantly, deals with weather fairly nicely, and even your type matchup. I guess the biggest type you're lacking is a Steel type to help cushion problems with Dragon types, although you have Pokemon that can help with that, and nothing I could suggest would be justifiable enough to replace one of your current team members. I guess that the team is as good as it can get with Theorymon-ing. Are there any other problems you are having with testing?

Xenevix

Some Guy
I for one, being well-versed in both Doubles and Trick Room teams, think this is a very solid team. Good thing I took my time with rating; it appears you've already made changes haha. Btw, the nicknames are pretty humorous! :D

Pretty solid Cress. For what you want it to do, it's pretty set in its ways. Cress really suffers from the 4-move-slot limit, since Cress needs all the moves you have for her, but also needs other ones, like Psyshock to deal with Hitmontop, or HP Fire to work on Scizor or Metagross. But again, solid set for Cress. I really wish there were a move that you could take out for something more offensive, but I'm just going to go with it. On the bright side, with Rhyperior, Cress works really well since she takes no damage from Rhyperior, and can help amp up that Earthquake.*

How are the EVs working out for you? Cress has so many different EV spreads its crazy! XD*

I have found that this EV set is the best within my testing for my purposes. Nothing really touches it on either side and it takes a gem +one turn or three turns to take it out with any attacking moves. Thanks for the compliments. :)
We run very similar Rhyperior! I really love Rhyperior. It's so good in TR.

Why not invest those Def EVs into Sp.Def? Make it survive a hit or two on its Special Side? Is there a particular reason for it? It's bulky enough to take some pretty hefty hits on its Physical Side, although I'm not sure about Gemmed, but even with that, does the EV set it has right now remedy that?

I love this combo you have going on here; Rhyperior can pair off with Cresselia to dish out double damage, while still being an offensive threat to both Pokemon with Helping Hand, or to deal out even more damage with Hydreigon. Rhyperior is obviously the highlight of this team.

The defense EVs would have been EVs put into HP, but I soon realized that 200 EVs really maxes his bulk. I did not put the EVs into special defense because the two 4x weaknesses (grass and water) are both mainly special and he won't survive those without max special defense even with Solid Rock. I do agree he's physically bulky so I will throw those EVs into special defense and see what happens.

People use Toxic on you in Doubles? 8o *No one does that!

I honestly think a Sitrus or Leftovers would be a better fit on Jellicent, or something else to boost its power. Maybe a Water, Ice, or Ghost Gem? I noticed that a lot of Pokemon weak to Shadow Ball try to capitalize on their bulk to prevent being OHKO'd by, specifically, Jellicent's Shadow Ball. Coming off base 85(?) Sp.Attk, that's not super threatening, but Ghost Gemmed, that is. Chandelure doesn't stand a chance.*

Also, Jellicent is a known Special Tank, even without the EVs, but its Physical Side is definitely its weak point. A while time Crunch or Sucker Punch could leave you without any Pringles. Why not put that bulk into Defense, to help capitalize even more on Jellicent's amazing bulk?

Otherwise, Jellicent's boss. (I used Jellicent on my own TR team too. XD)

You would be surprised I think to know how many people have Toxic'd me. I was quite surprised as well. XD As for the special defense EVs becoming defense EVs. I actually just thought of that like two hours ago myself. And the item is up for change. I was thinking ghost gem in particular as Hydro Pump gets a ton of damage anyways. Sitrus Berry would be the second choice and I will decide which after some more testing. :)

This surprised me. You're using Hydreigon on a Trick Room team. On one end, I find that amazingly interesting. On the other hand, that seems very difficult, as even with a Quiet Nature, in Trick Room, Pokemon like Mamoswine, Togekiss, Hitmontop, Scizor, etc, all outspeed it. That's not good, as Mamoswine could hit with Icicle Crash, Togekiss Aura Sphere, Hitmontop Close Combat, and Scizor Bug Bite. That's a crippled Hydreigon.

Might I suggest Dragonite? Multiscale is beautiful, it's slow, and it can use pretty much the exact same movepool minus Dark Pulse, but you get Hurricane (which helps Jellicent take out Hitmontop and Abomasnow). Dragonite's bulky, powerful, and again, Multiscale really cushions those hits. Pokemon will have to waste one turn in order to put Dragonite into killing range. Of course, you are trading Speed and bulk for some power, but Expert Belt would help remedy that as well.

Hydreigon's still good though, like I said, I'm just worried about its functionality in Trick Room.

I actually used to use a Dragonite, but I found that its special attack was lacking. I COMPLETELY agree on everything you've said here I just can't seem to make Dragonite strong enough. I'd have to gem it I guess but I would love to have Lum Berry to wave off status. (Swagger especially.)

YOU'RE USING EMBOAR. YOU ARE SO COOL I LOVE EMBOAR!! My feels. :D

Anyways, one thing... Reckless isn't out yet. So there's no way you could use it in VGCs, which, as we discussed, is your goal for this team. Blaze will have to do until there's a legitimate way to get Reckless on Tepig.

Other than that, that's very interesting use of Emboar. There's nothing I can suggest that would be better for Emboar. You could always opt for Sitrus Berry over Life Orb, for an extra turn or something with the recoil, but Life Orb works too. Also, while your reasoning behind Grass Knot is solid, I really think Wild Charge is your best call. Gastrodon takes minimal damage from Grass Knot, no one really uses Swampert, and other Water types will take more damage from a physical attacks. You really only solidify against Jellicent and (to an extent) T-Tar if Sand isn't accounted for.

I'm so happy to see it on someone's team! You make me feel bad for not using it on my own team, despite it being my 2nd favorite Pokemon. XP

Funny you mention Grass Knot. I updated before I tested it and as you said Grass Knot doesn't do sufficient damage to Gastrodon. Furthermore I'm thinking of replacing it with Wild Charge as suggested and again re-replacing Hammer Arm for EQ. Life Orb is nice but the recoil is insane so Sitrus Berry is the top choice. :) Something I was thinking of here though was actually Golurk. He resists all fighting moves and gets some nice power with Cresselia. But I like Emboar more. :)

I love Lickilicky too! (I love almost your entire team. Cress is so tired though, but everything else just. :D)

Anyways, my main fear is that Lickilicky will have a hard time setting Swords Dance up. Not to mention that's one turn of your Trick Room wasted. There's a big chance that after Licky gets set up and attacks, that'll be your last turn of Trick Room, which will make it difficult for Lickilicky to stay an offensive presence. Maybe Protect over it? Also, Chople Berry could help it survive some important hits. Or, to further it's offensive prowess, a Normal Gem could be really cool. Imagine; +2, STAB, x2. That HURTS.

Actually I've seen that whenever I use Lickilicky it is often starting the match with Jellicent. So TR and Swords Dance first turn easy. But I see what you mean and mid-battle it is semi-difficult to get the +2 but I only need one. Chople berry really hasn't helped as the turn Lickilicky sets up he often gets hit just hard enough that any gemmed fighting move or CC takes him out. Normal Gem is fun though, and again would free leftovers for someone else.

All in all, pretty solid team. Besides the few things I noted, your team looks like it would function pretty decently. A few things though; how do you deal with Swagger? No doubt someone will try to Swagger our Cresselia, which could really bite. Or maybe risk it on Rhyperior, who, if he takes confusion damage, will not likely see two turns before fainting. Also, be careful on who takes on those Gemmed Close Combats that Hitmontop is known to dish out. Besides your TR starters, no one on your team would appreciate one of those.*

But other than that, very solid. I'm very impressed. As you noted, no specific core as everyone somewhat works with another member constantly, deals with weather fairly nicely, and even your type matchup. I guess the biggest type you're lacking is a Steel type to help cushion problems with Dragon types, although you have Pokemon that can help with that, and nothing I could suggest would be justifiable enough to replace one of your current team members. I guess that the team is as good as it can get with Theorymon-ing. Are there any other problems you are having with testing?

I have commented up in your stuff in bold. :) Thanks for the in-depth rate I really appreciate it. You really hit all my issues spot on which was great and left some really nice advice. As for my issues during testing (minus what I've mentioned before): Hitmontop is a big issue as his intimidate is really unappreciated by Rhyperior and Emboar who often start matches. His CC is also an issue so I was thinking Golurk over Lickilicky but that would make me crazy weak to water which is really bad. Over Emboar would be the best move but then I lose necessary fire coverage. Swagger is also an issue. I was considering Safeguard on my team somewhere but definitely on Cresselia and in order to have it I would have to replace someone. Dragonite gets it but as I mentioned above I'd have to really test him out.

Thanks again for the great rate I really appreciate all the good stuff you said. :)

While posting I will mention that I will have new updates soon for those who want to know. Expect some big changes as I test a lot of new options. :)

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I have commented up in your stuff in bold. :) Thanks for the in-depth rate I really appreciate it. You really hit all my issues spot on which was great and left some really nice advice. As for my issues during testing (minus what I've mentioned before): Hitmontop is a big issue as his intimidate is really unappreciated by Rhyperior and Emboar who often start matches. His CC is also an issue so I was thinking Golurk over Lickilicky but that would make me crazy weak to water which is really bad. Over Emboar would be the best move but then I lose necessary fire coverage. Swagger is also an issue. I was considering Safeguard on my team somewhere but definitely on Cresselia and in order to have it I would have to replace someone. Dragonite gets it but as I mentioned above I'd have to really test him out.

Thanks again for the great rate I really appreciate all the good stuff you said. :)

While posting I will mention that I will have new updates soon for those who want to know. Expect some big changes as I test a lot of new options. :)

Hm... Well, for Dragonite, maybe try Choice Specs? I understand that Choice items aren't the best items for a Pokemon to hold, but it does boost D-Nite's Sp.Attk stat to much higher than Hydreigon's (125 vs. 150 with Specs boost). You don't even need Draco Meteor anymore; Dragon Pulse would be so strong.

As for your Golurk idea, I'm pretty on the fence about it too (most cos I don't want to see Emboar go). However, since that is a possibility, let's go pro and con with it, vs. the Emboar and Lickilicky.

Vs. Emboar, Golurk does offer immunity to Hitmontop, one of the best/most annoying Pokemon in the metagame. This gives you some staying power. Golurk also has access to Hammer Arm, serving as your Fighting type attack. Earthquake also gets STAB, and you can probably 3HKO Cress with Shadow Punch. Similar bulk. Also, Fire is present on your Hydreigon, which is preferred to a Physical Fire attacks since most Pokemon weak to Fire are physically defensive anyways, and you have a better shot at taking them out on their special side. However, both Pokemon still get the Intimidate drop. Golurk's STABs are pretty much useless since Shadow Punch really doesn't do much, even with the boost, and Rhyperior's Earthquake is superior everytime. Emboar gets STAB on his Fire and Fighting moves, and isn't weak to Tyranitar not carrying EQ (which is pretty much every Tyranitar), while still being capable of hitting T-Tar hard with a STAB Hammer Arm. That is something Golurk doesn't boast (the non-weakness and the STAB). Emboar is still susceptible to Hitmontop CC though. Golurk is also weak to most Cress, since they mostly carry Ice Beam anyways.

All in all, I would test it, sure, but I'm personally more onboard with sticking with Emboar. But let the tests help you decide this particular match-up. Emboar just seems to have more going for him than Golurk, since Golurk is so similar to Emboar in terms of what they can do, just Emboar gets better STABs and better moves.

Vs. Lickilicky, Golurk doesn't get hit by Fighting. That is nice. Both do get the Attack drop though, and Lickilicky at least can raise its Attack with Swords Dance. Lickilicky also provides a check to Rain teams with Power Whip, as well as a way of surprise dealing with T-Tar without any major consequences. However, I won't deny that for Lickilicky to really be a threat, it needs the SD, which does have problems. And that Fighting Weakness, even when Chopled, can be very hard to cope with. Golurk on the other hand can come in immediately and smash things. But Lickilicky is more defensive, and serves more purpose on the team than Golurk.

All in all, I think this is a more even match up between the two. Golurk is immediately more offensive, but Lickilicky has more staying power if you overlook the Fighting weakness. I would test this switch out more, but I feel the Lickilicky will be more valuable to the team for what you're looking for than Golurk.

From my view, Golurk doesn't really seem to sit in as well with your team as the other two. The added Dark and Ice/Water weaknesses are painful as Rain teams are still a very real threat, Ice is overtly rampant, and T-Tar exists. Emboar blocks both the Dark and the Ice, while Lickilicky takes minimal damage from Water and can fight back with Power Whip. Your HH Cress+Golurk combo could be nice, but then that would be an overreliance on Cress, which could crumble if Cress gets OHKO'd by a stray Megahorn, Dark Gem Boosted Crunch, or takes a crit. I'd still test it, but I think it'll be a very quick test.

As for your Swagger problems, why not try shifting your Lum Berry over to Rhyperior, or go with a Persim Berry (first of all), so that the confusion is negated. I'm all for Wide Lens, but the Wide Lens only increases by a tiny margin. I know the tiny margin could mean the game, but being confused also can. A +2 Rhyperior or Emboar is crazy. Rhyperior also doesn't appreciate Burns, so Lum Berry could be a really nice choice. But you also mentioned Safeguard, a move that I only wish I had space for. That is a very good idea. I would suggest testing out replacing Moonlight with it, see how that runs. D-Nite could also do it, but I feel that would be too many Pokemon doing a lot of set up. Those are free turns for the opponent to knock out your mons. Having Cress do it could be immensely useful though, since Cress could then just do all the setting up. Both ideas could be something to look into, though. :)

Last thing, you didn't address Reckless on Emboar. Emboar doesn't have access to Reckless legally yet. :(

Xenevix

Some Guy
Okay so here's what's up:

1. Testing on Golurk failed.

2. Safeguard over Moonlight on Cresselia drastically decreases its bulkiness and over Ice Beam makes it Taunt bait so I put a Lum Berry on Rhyperior.

3. Dragonite does better than Hydreigon bulky-wise and you were right, overall better. I don't know why I switched him out. But he needs the Wide Lens and can't have Safeguard.

4. Gem on Jellicent does a huge amount to Cresselia and takes out anything that's weak to it so that'll stay.

5. Lickilicky gets normal gem and with it occasionally does not need Swords Dance to explode.

6. Changing the defense EVs on Rhyperior to special defense is iffy; he survives a few more attacks specially but other moves such as Close Combat do more phyically. So I don't know which route to take there.

7. Emboar is purely physical again since Wild Charge was a great answer for Jellicent and his huge attacks +Cresselia's Helping Hand aren't that weak. Dragonite can take out Gastrodon anyways with STAB max special attack Hurricane and help from Jellicent. (By the way I know Emboar doesn't get Reckless legally yet.)

8. Emboar now has a Sitrus Berry to cope with huge recoil damage and for quick recovery.

Thanks again for the advice Justin. :)

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
cloud nine doesn't dispell weather. it just makes the pokemon with it immune to weather damage and the damge or accuracy buffs on moves like thunder or fire blast.

Xenevix

Some Guy
cloud nine doesn't dispell weather. it just makes the pokemon with it immune to weather damage and the damge or accuracy buffs on moves like thunder or fire blast.

I know this. Where did it confuse you in the description so I can fix it? Sorry for the misunderstanding.