• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The main colour of the 3rd game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDL

disenchanted
Please note: This isn't a debate on whether there is going to be a 3rd game, there's another somewhere already, go argue in that. If you do argue that there won't be a 3rd gen game, you will be ridiculed immensely. You have been warned.

In past games, the different versions have always been associated with some kind of colour. Red, Blue and Green are the most obvious ones. Then they started using jewerly minerals. Precious metals like gold and silver, and gemstones like crystal, ruby, sapphire and emerald. For the 4th generation games though, they used gemstones that don't appear to have a specific colour to them.

Diamonds can come in a variety of colours, but are usually depicted as clear or glassy. Another word that could describe a diamond is "Adamant", due to it being so durable (They're the hardest natural element found in nature). While pearls can come in a few colours as well, depending on the mollusk that makes it, but are most often depicted as white and... pearly. Another word that could describe a pearl could be "Lustrious", due to it's porcelin-like appearence of the nacre the oyster produces.

However, for these games, the Diamond version is associated with blues, mainly a dark blue, while the Pearl version is associated with pinks.

But what sort of colour would the 3rd game be? The most likely choice, Opal, is another gem that doesn't have a specific color to it. It can come in a large variety actually. Reds and blacks being the most rare while whites and greens being the most common. Opals can be described as "amorphous" or "translucant". Ghosts come to mind when I think of those words. (Which makes me wonder why Giratina doesn't have it's own orb.) Which brings me to which Pokémon is most likely to feature on the cover. Giratina's main colours are black, grey, yellow and red. One of these colours could be the colour to represent the 3rd game.

But which one do you think it is? Personally, I'd like it to be yellow, but a dark red would be fine as well.

Icey

Master Of Rayquaza
It may be the color of the tips of giratina's wings. the dark/shiney red. with black.Something to match giratina as the other game colors match the other legendaries

I've been thinking of it as a dark greyish design. It's usually how I picture Opals anyway.

Cain

RAWR
Hmm... I doubt it'll be red, because we've already had Red, Ruby and Fire red. Then again, we did have Blue, Crystal, Sapphire & Diamond, so you never know. I think either gray or yellow would be the most likely, probably gray, because I tend to associate Opals with grays more than with yellows.

Luxaky

Wannabe Trainer
Pink? Blue?

I'd think...Purple honestly...
Although, that doesn't seem to go with Giratina at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.