• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The make up the story as you go thread

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Okay so me and The Surfing Snivy had this idea to start a Pokemon fan fictional story after doing it for a while in the count to a 100 before a mod posts thread.

Anything you want can happen and any Pokemon at all can be in the story. (Including Legendaries) However, this is not a RPG meaning you do not take control of a character or give the characters personalities or names.

The story is meant to be an adventure/action and is told from the viewpoint of the narrator (Us) and we are telling the story of the pokemon. Think of the narrator in the anime who narrates ash's adventure if you are unsure. The story will have a starting pokemon which may be chosen by whoever posts first and then as the story develops other pokemon can join the starting pokemon in its journey. These can be any pokemon you want btw, just don't add a new companion with every post because that's just silly :p I don't want masses of dialogue but I don't mind bits here and there since it's mainly told in 3rd person. It follows the adventures of the pokemon and as such there are also no trainers in the story. Also, the bad guys/villians MUST be pokemon.

You're encouraged to be creative and imaginative when adding to the story but also relatively realistic. I know this is fictional but please nothing too crazy like every Pokemon has superpowers and they all kill each other for fun as this is a kids story to an extent. Its like the anime but only with pokemon.

Also, don't make pokemon use moves they cant learn (check with the Serebii.net pokedex if you are unsure). E.g: don't make a Slowbro use fly or anything like that. Once the starting Pokemon has been decided, each post after that just adds to the story, expanding the plot and making it up as you write; hence the name of the thread.

All SPPF rules apply especially the no double posting and no continuing the story from YOUR POST. You must wait for someone to add on from your post before you may continue the story. Please be respectful and not disrespecting/offensive if you don't like what someone has written. Also, if you do post then you don't have to post much but a minimum of 3 lines is needed in order to help the story move along. The more the better though! ;) One line posts don't really contribute to the story at all so please don't post if you're only going to do one line.

Finally, don't forget to have fun when writing and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. :)

Last edited:

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
I'll go first!

Once upon a time, Lugia suddenly appeared on land...

(Am I doing this right?)

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!
(Yep! Just remember the one liner part!)

It was on an Island named Naval Rock battling Ho-oh. Ho-o h was Lugia's rival. Ho-oh would use Sacred Fire and Lugia would use Areoblast, but it never worked.

Last edited:

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Instead Lugia began to dance and do the cha cha...

Sir Niner Steak

wow very tm87
*In Morgan Freemew's Voice* "My children, knock that crap off!"

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Mew's effort to stop them was hopeless.
The fight took to the skies as both birds flew up. (Yes,Lugia is in fact a bird...)
The storm was raging as Lugia flapped its wings,while Ho-oh made a rainbow in the sky.
The storm mixed up the rainbow creating a seven colored aurora.
Lugia called the bird trio for help as Suicune appeared in the distance.
As the birds arrived a volcano emerged and a lightning bolt struck it.
Both trios along with their masters were about to fight.
Floating before this chaos was a fisherman with a Feebas.
He knew that he had to find the Silver and Rainbow wings to calm them down...

And so they did. Lugia looked toward Ho-Oh. Staring awkwardly for a few seconds but bursting in laughter 'can you believe i was trying to kill you'. 'yeah i was planning to burn you to ashes, Hohohoho' the Ho-Oh replied. Not in actual words of course, but the words could be read on their faces and gestures. It was a comedic realization and both parties felt glad they didn't brutally perform a mini-genocide on the other party's face. What a hilarious misunderstanding that would have been! When they finally stopped laughing, they had laughed so hard that it had attracted many Pokemon from across the land that were wondering what all the ruckus was about. But one Pokemon in particular was strange, he wasn't laughing. Who would that Pokemon be, but a/the... [Insert Pokemon]

ninja'd. wait a sec.

The Fisherman was a young man. He had a small nose and large ears. He had told people many a time in a comedic fashion: "My nose is small so i don't have to smell the fish, and my ears are large so i can locate the fish." Both statements, of course, didn't ring true to reality in a significant way but it was satisfying to the man to be able to make fun of his two features he was most insecure about. In many ways, Feebas and the fisherman were made for one another. His Grandfather was a veteran Pokemon trainer and when the fisherman didn't know where to go and just needed some advice or a conversation he would talk to his grandfather. His grandfather had told him about the large bird of fire and the large bird of water so when he saw them in the sky battling, he couldn't believe it. But he did and grabbed his wits to remember what it was that would make them stop. The Silver and Rainbow Wings of course, he remembered. But where would he be able to find them. Did his grandfather even tell him where? He tried to remember.

Edit: i don't even know anymore.

Last edited:

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
I'm gonna continue from pupintheturd's part of the story and ignored that the text is crossed okay?

Yveltal, pissed at the Pokemon for not inviting in what he believes to be a party. He then caused death and destruction everywhere, with Ho-Oh and Lugia trying to stop it! Meanwhile in the Sinnoh region, Lucas got himself a Piplup....

He called that Piplup Geoffrey. Geoffrey was weak but he had spirit. Lucas appreciated his spirit because he knew that the adventure ahead of him would be a long and lonely one. Lucas was planning to challenge all of the eight gyms. It was an ambitious but with the right training and friends, a very possible task. His mother initially worried 'what if you get murdered'. But Lucas was the kind of person that looked over his shoulder before murdering was cool so Lucas wasn't worried. He was smart and quick and he knew this. He kissed his mom goodbye, took his backpack with everything he needed and Geoffrey with him he walked out of Twinleaf town's gates and that was the start. The start of his grand adventure.

i'm just going to disregard posts that have less than 3 lines because i'm just going to be blueballed out of a story this way. not to offend, i just want to write a cool story.

^^^That's every post here except for yours, you know that, right?

Of course, his adventure would not last for long. Unfortunately for Lucas, the first gym was changed to the Grass gym. His Water starter would not easily hold up. Very well, he thought. I'll just keep on trying until I win. Suddenly, the Nuzlocke fairy came and gave him the blessing of having to do a Nuzlocke. Maybe he wouldn't be murdered, but now his Pokemon certainly will. Realizing what he had to do, he turned his Piplup into a Dialga and used Roar of Time on the Nuzlocke fairy. Due to how type matchups work, however, it didn't affect it.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
But it did sent back the Nuzlocke Fairy back in time in the age of dinosaurs. A bunch of Kabutops saw the Nuzlocke fairy and tried to eat it, but the fairy evade and hopes to find a way out of the time period. The Fairy searched every where in hopes of going back home. Then it found a cave and in the cave, lies a portal. The Fairy, thinking it's a time portal quickly went in. But the fairy was wrong for the portal it went through was no time portal. But a Dimensional Portal! The Fairy suddenly found itself in a new terrain called...

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Called the reverse world were everything was the opposite of the normal world. Everything here was dark and scary and many ghost and dark Pokemon inhabited this world. At the centre of this world was its gatekeeper, Shedinja. Shedinja didn't take kindly to the intruder and so it ordered a legion of bannett's and cacturne's to attack the nuzleaf fairy.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
The Nuzlocke Fairy suddenly exploded in light and killed many of the ghost legion. Then suddenly, Shedinja transformed into it's original form, Giratina. Giratina tapped into the dark side of the Force and murderized the Fairy for good. Anyways, an army of Pokeshippers are attacking the land of Kanto, hoping to get their hands on Red...

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Fearing that the Pokeshippers will get them Red and Blue asked Giratina for help.
They disappeared from Kanto.
But in the Mystery dungeon realm they reappeared as Charmander and Squirtle.
Being rivals they did not agree to form a rescue team together,so each of them formed his own.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Until Red accidentally angered Groudon during his rescue missions. Groudon then put on his jetpack and ran towards the Temporal tower and stole Dialga's precious Time Gears. Dialga now turning into Primal Dialga went towards Kanto. Why? Because Screw Kanto that's why...

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Residents screamed and panicked as a 12' Dialga smashed its way through Kanto, giving out a mighty roar every so often. The rattatat's and pidgey's were the first to have their habitat destroyed by primal dialga. In a desperate attempt to stop P.Dialga a few courage's trainers stayed behind with their Pokemon to fight him. Dragonites, Venusaurs, Vileplumes, Magnetons and Charizards all tried to quell the threat but it was no use. Even with their combined strength and moves, Dialga remained unharmed. Suddenly, when all hope was lost a Celebi appeared which had travelled through time and space to come to Kanto. Encourage many grass Pokemon to join in, they all used sing/sleep powder and slowly but surely it began to work. Dialga stumbled a bit but then crashed into the pokecentre where it fell asleep.

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!
The residents of Kanto cheered. In the mean time, the fisherman was back at Naval Rock with the Rainbow and Silver Wings. They calmed down, but instead of falling asleep or something, they attacked Kanto. But, Red and Blue had formed their rescue teams and were ready to fight off Ho-oh and Lugia. Helping them was Lucas and Geoffrey who got all of the 8 gym badges, and came to Kanto to help. The fisherman arrived with his Feebas. Feebas then turned into Arceus and annihilated the Kanto region and everything and every person on it. All that was left was Arceus and a wild Pidgey. The 2 then got into a fight, and Pidgey destroyed Arceus completely.

Pidgey then restored the Kanto region, but then the army of Pokeshippers came and started ransacking Kanto once again. Every non-Pokeshipper ran to Kalos, where a bunch of Amourshippers threw baguettes at them. Being allergic to baguettes, the citizens called upon the fisherman. He unleashed a deadly Magikarp that Serena fell in love with, converting all the Amourshippers to SereneMagicShipping (Serena/magikarp)

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!
Team Rocket then came and did their intro. After that, they dropped Mudkips all over Kalos. The fisherman then called Seaking to fight off the Mudkips. The 2 turned into their internet meme forms and started to fight. They were equally matched. Then, a brave Pokemon came from the distance to save everyone. This Pokemon was...