• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mandarin island Miss-Match! (101)

popcorn dragon

This is a great episode. Ash does act a bit of a jerk in this episode like he does in a lot of episodes. By the time of that episode, I think Ash should already know that his Pokemon battle for him because they care and that boasting all the time isn't gonna make him a Pokemon master. It just proves how dumb he can be at times.

Epic post. you just described ash in 3 sentences. 1 Mistake though: Ash is always a jerk, and he will never change.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Not really. I think he was really kind in Sinnoh.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
In think episode, Ash was too much stressed and nervous.

^Prima's Slowbro and actually most of her pokemon were able to control the opponenet's moves. That's why Ash's Pikachu looked so miserable during the battle...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wonder why they didn't make Misty battle Prima instead of Ash like Dawn tried against Lucian. Even though she wouldn't have won neither, she would made a better oponent for her.

A month ago, I've watched some Orange Islands episodes on old videos (VHS). Then this one came along. My mother immediately noticed Primas breasts. Brock should've been there.

I don't care, I don't see animated characters as "hot" of "sexy".

Aside from that, nice episode. Especially Charizard misbehaving and seeing Ash losing, he was way too arrogant that episode.

Milotic

Last edited:

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Disliked the Prima=Water thing they pulled. She's an Ice Trainer, doggone it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I thought someone was either going to get smacked by one of Prima's boobs or someone was going to say something about her figure. I really thought that this was one of those episodes that the writers must have forgot to ban and that we was almost about to see it.

G50

No longer posting
Ash definitely learned very valuable lessons in this episode. This was an episode that he really deserved to lose, especially against Prima of the Elite 4. The battle itself was very cool.

20/100

Ash said he was "invincible"!

This coming from the kid who came in only the top 16 in the Kanto League!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I really liked this episode when I saw it. I enjoyed Ash's battle with Prima, and was actually glad that he lost since he deserved it after being so cocky earlier. But, I did find Prima's, er, chest to be a little disturbing...

Also, I didn't know that Prima was really Lorelei. I didn't play any of the first gen games until a few years after this episode aired (and I had forgotten about this episode when I played Yellow). It wasn't until I read the Fame Checker in FRLG that I realized that Prima = Lorelei. I find it a bit embarrassing. :/

CliveKoopa

Ash definitely learned very valuable lessons in this episode. This was an episode that he really deserved to lose, especially against Prima of the Elite 4. The battle itself was very cool.

20/100

He "learns" lessons in Brave the Wave too when he gets overconfident thinking he can just win by power alone.

Vernikova

Champion
A great episode. It's always great to see Ash get smacked around by an Elite Four member every once in a while and it's even better when it's overconfident Ash. Not much to say outside of that though. The banter between Ash and Misty was nice. Perverse psychology.~

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I absolutely loved this episode! It was great to see someone way stronger than Ash, and she has a likable personality... and a bit too much going on in certain areas for a kids show. I liked seeing her Slowbro disabling Ash's Charizard, and just the way she battled everyone in general. The only thing I wanted to see was a Misty vs Prima battle. They made her some Water icon for some reason, so they should have had a great battle, rather than Ash at the end.

Blessed

This episode was great, Misty seeing her idol Prima for the first time was very cool. I just wish they had a battle instead of Ash because of Misty's goal to become a Water Master.

Last edited:

7threst

This episode was great for Ash learning some good tips from Prima. And as many people said, I would find it hilarious if Brock was there. They have some pretty good original filler episodes in this season.

Yes!! Lorelei appeared. It's funny that they couldn't have a human with more than three syllables in their name. Prima was funny when she said how much the tape was. But she is kind of peculiar too.

NPT

Just a member
This episode is one of my favorite Orange Islands episodes because Prima (Lorelei) from the Kanto Elite 4 made her anime appeared in this episode. It sure long... but hey, better late than never! Lorelei's anime personality is a nice change from the game Lorelei, where she's kind of a ice queen.

Ash was really overconfident in this episode. He kept saying he's 'invincible' and all that stuff. He even sent out Charizard despite knowing it won't obey him. I'm glad Prima (Lorelei) beat Ash, he needed to learn his lesson. I liked the way she showed Ash the errors of his ways. She's a better role model than that jerk AJ who whips his Pokémon just to train them.

All music from the Japanese version was kept in the english dub this time around.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
This episode sucks badly and this shows Ash at his worst as a charter and learning the same lesson from episode 8. Also this episode is taking a plot it already has done

This episode sucks badly and this shows Ash at his worst as a charter and learning the same lesson from episode 8. Also this episode is taking a plot it already has done

It does suck, but no, this is not Ash at his worst as a character: go watch "Brave the Wave," "Uncrushing Defeat," "Battle Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym," and Malamar-- Ash has equally terrible episodes as a character in every series, IMO.

No, it's nothing like episode 8: Ash was not a complete jerk there like he was here.