1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Mandarin island Miss-Match! (101)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Orange League' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Well, what Kanna was trying to tell Satoshi might've sounded somewhat cliché, but her advice was important. She was an experienced trainer, so Satoshi was wise to heed her words and take her lesson to heart, which he did in the end when he realized that Kanna was right.

2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Good episode. Ash was annoyng due to becoming overconfident, but Lorelei taught him a lesson, which was satisfying to see. I wish they kept her name instead of changing it to Kanna. 8/10

3. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Kanna is her Japanese name. Her English name in the games was Lorelei, which was changed to Prima in this episode, perhaps as a way of matching mouth movements whenever her name was mentioned.

4. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

But he didn't learn anything new. If Prima wanted to aide Ash she should've told him how to control Charizard after she saw how out of control he was.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Kanna may've seen how Satoshi lacked control with his Lizardon, but that was something that Satoshi needed to remedy on his own. I'm glad that Kanna didn't intervene too much.

6. When I saw that this episode was skipped in the dvd release of the second season, I went and watched it online and man did it bring back sweet memories. I've always been an Ash fan, but seeing him get humiliated by Prima was fun because he was acting like a know it all for the entire episode, so he needed a good thrashing to make him humble again. I also liked how Misty was a fan of Prima even though she never mentioned her before.

7. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I hate that it's been excluded from international releases. I imported the dubbed season two DVD set a while back and I was disappointed when I saw that the collection was incomplete since I guess that Rougela's 30-second appearance at the end of this episode was deemed too controversial.

8. Firefo×Fennekin

Firefo×Fennekin Well-Known Member

Lorelei or Prima as she was called here for some reason was really tall even for an adult and I didn't like how her design was all sexualized compared to how she looked in the games. But the episode was still strong since we got to see Ash's inflated ego suffer a hit and Prima also showed exactly why she was known as an expert trainer. I liked seeing her battle demonstration and I think my favorite scene was when she gave Ash training advice at the end. 8/10

9. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Speaking of the battle demonstration, I wish that it had foreshadowed the structure of the Four Heavenly Kings. I felt that the writers missed an opportunity to have Kanna talk about what the Four Heavenly Kings actually were in this episode, but I suppose that it was still too soon to fully introduce that concept.