• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mara Region-Fakedex, etc.

Which Starter Would You Pick?

• Bushewe

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Flameow

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • Raptide

Votes: 37 46.8%

• Total voters

Ytterbium70

DIE PEOPLE
Awesome! You are amazing at drawing!

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
These are really good Fakemon, especially considering they are hand drawn. My only problem is that:

a) you used a bunch of my Fakemon names (Tigrowl and Whollopby, for example, although mine was spelled Wallopy and was a juvenile of a different Pokemon) and if I use them now, people will complain I'm stealing them from you.

and b) Flappy. You have to consider, if Flappy's whole purpose is to land airplanes, why did it come about in the first place, before humans invented airplanes? Pokemon, when you think about it, are supposed to have ecological niches. Why develop something like glowing cone-heads and flag arms if your niche hasn't come about yet?

Of course, this is assuming Flappy is a natural Pokemon. If it was man-made, ignore b) completely.

Specifically, I really like the Addit line, the Hummini line, the Raptide line, the Tick tine, and the Nanite line. These are all really awesome. Nice job!

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
These are really good Fakemon, especially considering they are hand drawn. My only problem is that:

a) you used a bunch of my Fakemon names (Tigrowl and Whollopby, for example, although mine was spelled Wallopy and was a juvenile of a different Pokemon) and if I use them now, people will complain I'm stealing them from you.

and b) Flappy. You have to consider, if Flappy's whole purpose is to land airplanes, why did it come about in the first place, before humans invented airplanes? Pokemon, when you think about it, are supposed to have ecological niches. Why develop something like glowing cone-heads and flag arms if your niche hasn't come about yet?

Of course, this is assuming Flappy is a natural Pokemon. If it was man-made, ignore b) completely.

Specifically, I really like the Addit line, the Hummini line, the Raptide line, the Tick tine, and the Nanite line. These are all really awesome. Nice job!

A) I didn't realize that you had used any of those names, though I can see how it's possible. I didn't steal them though. I don't mind if still use them, I could also help you come up with alternative names [or I could do that for my fakemon]. I actually decided on Whollopby because it is a combination of whollop and wallaby and I was using the stereotypical fighting kangaroo design from old cartoons. XD

B) Flappy is, in fact, man-made.

I was wondering if someone would like the Addit line, I thought it might be a little too strange to be turned into a Pokémon. XD

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
I have seven spaces left for regular, non-legendary Fakemon. Any suggestions? Anything you'd like to see me base a Fakemon off of?

Ytterbium70

DIE PEOPLE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they all seem like they're based of of animals from Australia and Africa. If that is the theme your going for i would suggest a platypus and/or an Ape/chimp

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
The towns I have so far are: Tinyroot Town, Normav Town, Bloomborough, Sparkplug City, Oceanna, Oldebrook, Treetop Town, Morobanundai Village, Morosbury Harbor, Ciudad de Muerte, Snow's Breath Village, and Shadyhollow.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
There's a few pokemon on here that I am really liking. The Apparaven line is an awesome regional bird, and its Ghost/Flying type makes it a great alternative to the regular Normal/Flying we get. So long as it's not a defensive type, it shouldn't be stepping on Drifblim's toes too much either. The Iboundex line is good too, although I personally would have liked to see Iboundex remain pure Normal. Pllatama is a great design too. Ampraphan is probably my favorite line; if there was a middle stage, I'd even say it should be your Grass starter in place of Forram. I love the concept behind the Computerodent line (though its name would need to be shortened up to ft the ten-character naming convention for the English Pokemon games... maybe Comprodent or Computerat) and the Pandowpour line.

The Cyber typing is something I don't particularly like, in all honesty. I can't say much about simply adding a type since my own pokedex adds a Sound type, but Cyber seems to be a less obvious typing to add. I can see how it'd actually make for a major story component, as the professor could be researching advancement in the pokemon storage system or you could have the villain team a group of hackers that steal pokemon right out of other trainers' PCs, but that in itself creates a problem of focusing too much on the new typing. Gen 2 from my memory didn't put a huge importance on Dark and Steel aside from having the first Steel-type gym leader and having its pseudo-legend being Rock/Dark type. I'm also not a fan of the Virus status; I'd just have Cyber types immune to Paralysis and leave Confusion out of it, as adding an extra status ailment that every type except Cyber is immune to seems a bit pointless.

I was looking for what Cyber's strengths and weaknesses would be, and didn't find any details aside from the status immunities you listed. Since it's a physical manifestation of computer data, it seems reasonable that it'd be somewhat intangible, making it either resistant or immune to Normal and possibly Fighting types, while the fact that it is reliant on electricity and containable by the metallic components of computers means it'd be weak to Electric and Steel types. Its attacks would probably be resisted by Ghosts, Poison, and Bug types, but especially effective against Electric, Steel, and other Cyber types (which might make for an interesting dynamic since it's strong offensively versus all the same types it's weak defensively to).

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
There's a few pokemon on here that I am really liking. The Apparaven line is an awesome regional bird, and its Ghost/Flying type makes it a great alternative to the regular Normal/Flying we get. So long as it's not a defensive type, it shouldn't be stepping on Drifblim's toes too much either. The Iboundex line is good too, although I personally would have liked to see Iboundex remain pure Normal. Pllatama is a great design too. Ampraphan is probably my favorite line; if there was a middle stage, I'd even say it should be your Grass starter in place of Forram. I love the concept behind the Computerodent line (though its name would need to be shortened up to ft the ten-character naming convention for the English Pokemon games... maybe Comprodent or Computerat) and the Pandowpour line.

The Cyber typing is something I don't particularly like, in all honesty. I can't say much about simply adding a type since my own pokedex adds a Sound type, but Cyber seems to be a less obvious typing to add. I can see how it'd actually make for a major story component, as the professor could be researching advancement in the pokemon storage system or you could have the villain team a group of hackers that steal pokemon right out of other trainers' PCs, but that in itself creates a problem of focusing too much on the new typing. Gen 2 from my memory didn't put a huge importance on Dark and Steel aside from having the first Steel-type gym leader and having its pseudo-legend being Rock/Dark type. I'm also not a fan of the Virus status; I'd just have Cyber types immune to Paralysis and leave Confusion out of it, as adding an extra status ailment that every type except Cyber is immune to seems a bit pointless.

I was looking for what Cyber's strengths and weaknesses would be, and didn't find any details aside from the status immunities you listed. Since it's a physical manifestation of computer data, it seems reasonable that it'd be somewhat intangible, making it either resistant or immune to Normal and possibly Fighting types, while the fact that it is reliant on electricity and containable by the metallic components of computers means it'd be weak to Electric and Steel types. Its attacks would probably be resisted by Ghosts, Poison, and Bug types, but especially effective against Electric, Steel, and other Cyber types (which might make for an interesting dynamic since it's strong offensively versus all the same types it's weak defensively to).

Wow you put so much thought into this. Thanks for the praise. Those are some of my favorite Fakemon. I know that Cyber may seem a little pointless, but I had good intentions with it. The age we live in now is full of technology, so if the Pokemon world reflected that then I would expect some tech oriented Pokemon. I had originally planned on having less Cyber Type Pokemon, but people keept wanting them [I think they were curious about them]. I did, however want one legendary to be Cyber Type, which fit with the myth I was going for. I had also intended on the Cyber Types to have the same weaknesses as Electric Types, but with different strengths, though I like your idea. I also see your point with the Virus Status thing. I think I'll take that out. I had never planned on having Team Chrono use tech to take over the region [or attempt it], but it's a good idea. I was thinking of creating an area similar to the Distortion World only for someone carrying a special Item and a Cyber Type. Kind of as a side thing, or something special that is only unlockable.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
I like that idea of having a sort of distortion world thing. Perhaps it could be your character entering the internet or a piece of technology using the Cyber type pokemon as his/her avatar? There could be pokemon exclusive to that area to catch, but in a different way from normal. It might make a good alternative to Safari Zone or Dream World.

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
That's what I was thinking, though I also have a Wildlife Preserve like B2W2 but that can be usable all the time and the Cyber thing can be exclusive.

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
So I just thought I'd post a description of the towns and other places so far...
Mara Region Towns/Landmarks
•Towns & Important Places
Tinyroot Town - The smallest town in the Mara Region. This is the start of all trainers' journeys and where they receive their Pokemon at the lab

Normav Town - A typical, rather uninteresting little town to the East of Tinyroot Town. It is the location of the first gym.

Bloomborough - A fairly large town South of Normav. It is brimming with beautiful flowers year round and is one of the most beautiful towns in Mara.

Sparkplug City - This place isn't really a city, at least it wasn't at first. It has become a bustling hub of technology and only tech fans live here. It started as a group of people researching Cyber Type Pokemon. The second gym is located here.

Kindeleton - A quaint town with a park in the center. It is one of the few towns in Mara that still posts important announcements on a town bulletin board. The third gym is located here.

Oldebrook - This is the oldest town in Mara. It is the beginning of every legend ever told in the region and its buildings are over 150 years old. There is a shrine located near by.

Oceanna - The Mara Region's only major city, it is the largest port of the region and all major trading operations happen here. The fourth gym is also here.

Crossroads - This place isn't a town, but a few people have set up shops here. It is the intersection between Mara's Forest, Shorelands, Jungle, and Savannah.

Treetop Town - An entire town built miles above the ground, Treetop Town is made entirely of tree houses and rope bridges. The fifth gym extends above the canopy and provides an incredible view.

Morbanundai Village - A small village near the center of Mara's Savannah. There is a research camp nearby that studies Pokemon using safari jeeps.

Morosbury Harbor - A small, cheery port town on the East Coast of Mara. There are many small fishing boats and the waves gently lap at the shore.

Snow's Breath Village - A tiny village to the South, nestled between three enormous mountains. It has many legends centering around its chilly location. The sixth gym is here.

Ciudad de Muerte - A somewhat medium sized city, during the day it looks like an ancient ruin. The real change occurs after sundown. The whole city is alive with all kinds of performers and masked people. The streets are lines with torches and the whole city glows. The seventh gym is here, at the top of the pyramid.

Shadyhollow - Shadyhollow is the darkest city in Mara. It is filled with shadows and all its buildings are black. There is no shortage of sketchy looking alleys either. The eighth gym is here.

The Forgotten Island - A small, strange island somewhere off the Southeast coast of Mara. It has been so long since anyone spoke of it or its legend that most have forgotten that it even existed. Boats never venture near its shores because it glitters with an eerie light.

Blackluster Cave - An incredibly old, dark cave. It is surrounded and filled by hard black crystals. Legend has it that this is the resting place of the powerful Pokemon Obsidiarz. The ground in and around the cave is covered in jagged marks.

Champion Island - An island off the West coast of Mara. It is the location of the Pokemon League. The only way to get there is to pass through the Badge Gates and cross Victory Bridge.

•Landmarks
-Old Mansion
An incredibly old mansion with an ancient graveyard behind it filled with tombstones. There is a large mausoleum in the center that extends deep underground.

-Hollow Tree
A large, hollowed out tree South of Treetop Town. It is a popular tourist attraction.

-Seacrest Docks
The large set of docks and boathouses in the center of Oceanna. It has the largest amount of space for ships of any region.

-Whitesands Resort
A popular resort on the coast near Oceanna. It is renown foe its beautiful white beaches and crystal clear waters.

-Deepfrost Caves
A network of harshly cold caves that extend deep underground. Only the strongest trainers are allowed to enter.

-Bloomborough Fields
A set of rolling fields cut out of the forest that are used to grow hundreds of flowers.

-Lake of Sorrows
A very calm lake with a very sad aura about it. People and Pokemon often cry when they come here, usually for no apparent reason.

-Hidden Path
A small path that runs through the forest from the Lake of Sorrow to the East coast of Mara.

-Shrine of the Past/Future
An ancient shrine just outside of Oldebrook, built to honor the Pokemon of legend (Quarzion and Obsidiarz)

-Safaringza Wildlife Preserve
A wildlife preserve in the North of Mara's Savannah. There are Pokemon here from every region.

-Frigid Pass
A pass that goes through the mountains surrounding Snow's Breath Village

Ausgirl

Wow this is really cool -and I usually don't like fakemon. You must spend a lot of time drawing huh?

yasei

Trainer and Artist
Wow you are really creating a new region with badges and everything!¿are you planing to draw a map? :3 it would really help to how is the whole region