• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The March of the Exeggutor Squad! (043)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm glad Misty actually did something useful in the anime, no offense to Misty fans it's just that she was always just there, hardly doing much.

It was odd, she was helping that Magician guy, but he decided to turn on her friends in his attempt to catch some Exeggcutor? Talk about a bad friend.

Loved that in the wake of the chaos and turmoil, that Ash's trusty Charmander evolves into a Charmeleon, great stuff. 9/10

JohnLee

I'm glad Misty actually did something useful in the anime, no offense to Misty fans it's just that she was always just there, hardly doing much.

It was odd, she was helping that Magician guy, but he decided to turn on her friends in his attempt to catch some Exeggcutor? Talk about a bad friend.

Loved that in the wake of the chaos and turmoil, that Ash's trusty Charmander evolves into a Charmeleon, great stuff. 9/10

Ash could always trust on Charmander to pull through, reminds me of chimchar today. I remember being very sad to see charmander go though.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'm glad that Charmander had evolve but here's my theory on maybe why it stopped listening:

1. Maybe Ash didn't have enough badges.

2. Maybe it's because the trainer before it made it hate humans deep down in the mind and then it came out when it evolve.

3. Or, it's because Ash wasn't considered strong enough in it's eyes for command.

G50

No longer posting
It was a good episode. I liked the comical part where Ash was trying to show Melvin how to be a great magician, and then it went terribly wrong. It was great to see Charmander finally evolve into Charmeleon. TR pretending to be Exeggutor was very funny.

43/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
This episode was always a bit sad for me. It was hard to see Charmander evolve into Charmeleon, because Charmander was my favourite Pokemon back then and I was sad to see it go. ;___;

I thought parts of the episode were funny, though. For some reason, I always used to laugh when it showed Misty in the Goldeen outfit. :p

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was really cool. Exeggutor seemed very strong. Glad Charmander could take them all down and evolve in the process.

7/10

The episode was ok. Melvin was annoying.

Vernikova

Champion
I recently watching this on Boomerang and they played the Spanish dub at the same dun the English dub was playing. It was funny. The actual episode wasn't so funny though. Melvin had an annoying voice and his failed magician antics weren't funny. Melvin was just unlikeable for me. Charmander evolving didn't really do much for me. Its disobeying got old pretty quickly later on though.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It was hard to see Charmander evolve into Charmeleon, because Charmander was my favourite Pokemon back then and I was sad to see it go. ;___;

I agree. Charmander was just the cutest Pokémon ever back in the day and to see it evolve into Charmeleon was sad. Although I guess it had to happen at some point seeing as Charmeleon had one of the most epic evolutions in that future episode. The magician guy was boring in this and I only really found the Team Rocket part funny. Pretty dull episode.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I loved the best part oh look its a evolving charmander wow that's pretty cool its charmelon and it hates ash good episode with an unexpecting plot.

Quite a funny episode. A gentle Charmander becoming a stubborn Charmeleon. And the hypnotized Ash was cool, and his magic trick with Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle in the box. Misty in her magician assistant dress and Ash and Brock in festival clothes was... weird, but funny. 8/10.

Falstaff

Dunno about the rest of you, but when Melvin leaned toward Misty and said 'Keep an open mind..." MY mind went straight into the gutter.

G50

No longer posting
After re-watching this episode, I finally understand about how Exeggcute was able to evolve in this episode. Before I used to think that they just willed for an evolution, but now I saw where they mentioned Leaf Stones in the air surrounding that area.

Arvis

i really liked this episode. probably because it stars my favorite pokemon and because charmander evolved.

7threst

While I didn't really like the character of the day in this episode, I did enjoy the evolution of Charmander and the pretty solid ending to the synopsis. It's funny just to see all that brave personality of Charmander disappearing once its evolved.

The Goldeen outfit. The one I do not like. The guy was so annoying, you just don't ask someone to be in your show. If I were Misty, I wouldn't have been too nice. And using Ash while he was hypnotized is a dirty trick, but as usual, they forgive the people at the end of the episode.