• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The March of the Exeggutor Squad! (043)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ugh, everything about Melvin irked me. His design was just odd, as was his dub voice. Anyway, I wish we had seen Ash and friends enjoy the carnival a lot more, although I liked that Ash used his Kanto Starters when he was helping Melvin with his tricks. Seeing Exeggcute hypnotize Ash was creepy though, as was seeing the Exeggutor stampede.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing the carnival setting and Melvin's Exeggcute using Hypnosis on Ash was strange. The Exeggutor rampage scene was cool especially when Ash's Charmander evolved into Charmeleon.

JudySpell

Banned
Exeggcute seemed kind of creepy especially when it manipulated Ash and Misty looked beautiful when she helped Melvin's show. 8/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Uh, how did Exeggcute even evolve in the first place just by going into the forest? This was OS's most random episode, and Melvin was the most whiny COTD that we've ever had.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Maggie's magic show was tragic, although it was still nice of Kasumi to help him out. I liked when we saw Satoshi's own magic trick with the boxes, and Tamatama evolving into Nassy and stomping around seemed incredibly chaotic. I loved when Hitokage evolved though because he saved the town.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A meh episode. On one hand, Melvin was a really boring character. On the other hand, Charmander actually evolved after defeating a whole bunch of rampaging Exeggutor, similiarly to how evolution works in the games, so that's pretty cool.
6/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
On the other hand, Charmander actually evolved after defeating a whole bunch of rampaging Exeggutor, similiarly to how evolution works in the games, so that's pretty cool.

Yes, but the moment was kinda ruined by the fact that his disobedience immediately kicked in when he evolved.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I loved seeing Charmander evolve into Charmeleon here. Melvin was kind of boring and somewhat annoying but I liked how Misty was nice and tried to help him out.

_LightMeww_

Melvin the magician seemed like such a creeper, but as incompetent as he was, he was able to put Ash under Exeggcute's Hypnosis and force him to battle with several dozen Exeggutor simultaneously.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yes, but the moment was kinda ruined by the fact that his disobedience immediately kicked in when he evolved.

To his credit, we didn't see Satoshi's Lizard act disobedient when he evolved in this episode. That part of his character came later in the Paras episode I believe, which I admit was a bit sudden. All Lizard did here was fight the gang of wild Nassy.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
To his credit, we didn't see Satoshi's Lizard act disobedient when he evolved in this episode. That part of his character came later in the Paras episode I believe, which I admit was a bit sudden. All Lizard did here was fight the gang of wild Nassy.

Right, but it was kinda foreshadowed when Charmeleon burned Ash. :x

Antiyonder

Overlord
Oh I'm sure things will turn out well for Melvin. Once he pays for who knows how much money's worth of property damage:).

Right, but it was kinda foreshadowed when Charmeleon burned Ash. :x

Perhaps, but it could just be Charmeleon expressing excitement for his new form and just over doing it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Uh, how did Exeggcute even evolve in the first place just by going into the forest?

I don't think we got an official explanation for that here, tho from my own head canon I kind of assumed that perhaps the forest's soil had Leaf Stone properties in it, which could've triggered Exeggcute's evolution. But that's just my best guess.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I don't think we got an official explanation for that here, tho from my own head canon I kind of assumed that perhaps the forest's soil had Leaf Stone properties in it, which could've triggered Exeggcute's evolution. But that's just my best guess.

The idea of the soil causing evolution seems odd, but I guess nothing else comes close to explaining how Exeggcute evolved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Oh I'm sure things will turn out well for Melvin. Once he pays for who knows how much money's worth of property damage:).

I found it amusing that Maggie's whole scheme is what caused all the wild Nassy in the area to rampage, yet Maggie wasn't held accountable. Even though his intentions weren't bad, he deserved some form of reprimand.

Alloutℯ

Banned
How come Misty was helping the magician in the first place? The Exeggcute seemed evil when it hypnotized Ash, and Charmander evolving made me upset.