• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Marketplace Wanderer, Litten! (950)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Boring episode. Also no Litten? Why? Please no Sandile 2.0.

Well two boring episodes in a row. Oh man...

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
tbh i really thought ash would catch litten here but i guess not lol. i guess by the end of the episode, stoutland died and litten still doesn't completely trust people. although i have no doubt that ash will get it eventually given that he's shown interest in catching it and it's promotion in previews/posters. inb4 it evolves into torracat and ash catches it 60 episodes later

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's pretty much evident that Ash will eventually catch Litten. So what is the point of delaying the capture like this? I don't understand.

diakyu

I don't know what people in here are on about but that was pretty good. It's interesting to see the similarities between Litten and Rowlet when in it comes to backstories though I'm glad they didn't go the predictable route with Ash getting Litten when the Pokemon is clearly not in a situation where it should be caught.

It's pretty much evident that Ash will eventually catch Litten. So what is the point of delaying the capture like this? I don't understand.
Because there's no point in catching it yet if Ash and Litten are still going to be in the same general area. He'll likely get it when he leaves Melemele. There's no need to rush these things, Litten has his own little arc that needs to be concluded before Ash can catch it.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Honestly, I found this episode a little weak, and I didnt even mind Litten not being caught.

It wasnt funny, Persian wasnt scary, Ash felt pretty OoC at points, and Litten wasnt that likeable (did it like Ash by the end? that ending in general just felt rushed and vague).

Ash was incredibly in character, what?

I actually really like how Ash didn’t get Litten here, again SM is playing with our expectations.

Litten is not some poor abused fire starter looking for someone to love him, he’s a very self sufficient, individualistic Pokemon that knows how to take care of itself and has a relationship with a Pokemon it cares a lot about and doesn’t want to leave. And while he’s on better terms with Ash after the events of the episode its clear that we still have sometime before Litten is actually ready to join team Ash.

<I love that, I love how a Pokemon is given that much agency to not want to join Ash out of narrative convenience, not to mention Rowlett is still pretty fresh and it gives us time to flesh him out more before getting another capture. So I’m not disappointed by this turn of events at all, having Litten develop a bit into someone that can trust Ash before deciding to join him is a new and welcomed way to do things.

Don't understand where the negativity for this episode is comming from but whatevs

Last edited:

Domok

Ash was incredibly in character, what?

I actually really like how Ash didn’t get Litten here, again SM is playing with our expectations.

Litten is not some poor abused fire starter looking for someone to love him, he’s a very self sufficient, individualistic Pokemon that knows how to take care of itself and has a Pokemon it cares a lot about and doesn’t want to leave. And while he’s on better terms with Ash after the events of the episode its clear that we still have sometime before Litten is actually ready to join team Ash.

<I love that, I love how a Pokemon is given that much agency to not want to join Ash out of narrative convenience, not to mention Rowlett is still pretty fresh and it gives us time to flesh him out more before getting another capture. So I’m not disappointed by this turn of events at all, having Litten develop a bit into someone that can trust Ash before deciding to join him is a new and welcomed way to do things.

Don't understand where the negativity for this episode is comming from but whatevs
I feel the same way,I love how Litten and Ash will have to bond through multiple episodes instead of them thrusting a disobedient Litten into Ash's team.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't know what people in here are on about but that was pretty good. It's interesting to see the similarities between Litten and Rowlet when in it comes to backstories though I'm glad they didn't go the predictable route with Ash getting Litten when the Pokemon is clearly not in a situation where it should be caught.

Because there's no point in catching it yet if Ash and Litten are still going to be in the same general area. He'll likely get it when he leaves Melemele. There's no need to rush these things, Litten has his own little arc that needs to be concluded before Ash can catch it.

So what you are trying to say that Ash should remain confined to only one capture for quite a long time? I personally don't want that to happen. Litten's issues with obedience can be taken care of after its capture, like Charizard's disobedience arc.

Soniman

Break the Limit
So what you are trying to say that Ash should remain confined to only one capture for quite a long time? I personally don't want that to happen. Litten's issues with obedience can be taken care of after its capture, like Charizard's disobedience arc.

Not everything has to be done the exact same way

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not everything has to be done the exact same way

Yes, but taking care of Litten's disobedience after its capture through an arc would have better in my opinion. I don't want Litten to be another Sandile.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly, I found this episode a little weak, and I didnt even mind Litten not being caught.

It wasnt funny, Persian wasnt scary, Ash felt pretty OoC at points, and Litten wasnt that likeable (did it like Ash by the end? that ending in general just felt rushed and vague).

At points? I still don't recognize this character as Ash.. He sorta looks like him every now and then, but doesn't act like him at all.. o.0

The fact that he didn't catch Litten this episode doesn't really concern me at all. The episode was just weak as a whole, the only thing moderately interesting was Litten having insecurities about Stoutland's health and that, there were also a couple of cute cat-like moments from it too. I just really pray that they do get some more time together and it eventually joins Ash otherwise this episode would be even worse IMO.

Genuinely felt like I wasted 20 minutes watching that, being brutally honest. All power to you if you like the episode but I just had zero interest in this one. Next week looks somewhat promising though, I'm actually looking forward to it which hasn't really been the case for the last two episodes.

Yeah, it was weird.. This entire time I had a feeling like there wasn't enough hype for this episode on the forum, but in retrospect, that's exactly what we got. An episode for which there should not have been any hype.

Last week I knew I was walking into a filler, but this week my expectations were just violated. It turned into a generic capture episode (sees something he wants, misunderstands its intentions, bonds with it during a problem and together they fix a problem) and then nothing, Litten just hops off again.

Last week was a 2/10, mostly because of Rowlet and Bewear.. But I can't give this episode more then a 5/10, and that's being generous. There was no resolution in the end, no ending to the problem set-up (Stoutlands health) and no comedic relief that would ease the bore.

Boring episode. Also no Litten? Why? Please no Sandile 2.0.

Well two boring episodes in a row. Oh man...

Yeah, this is quite disappointing. Outside of the Stoutland dieing in Litten's dream.. this was a snoozefest.

In the case of Krokorok during BW, it was because Ash was going to try out rotation and they used that opportunity to ease into it, by not completely overloading him with the main critters just yet.. But that failed as he still had nine critters to juggle by the time of the fourth gym.. -.-

I just don't like being trolled.

Last edited:

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
So, I guess that Litten will be Ash's main powerhouse in this saga... I can already imagine it evolving into Torracat during a battle vs a Persian.

dman_dustin

There was no reason for this episode, I guess outside of Litten focus, I guess Litten won't be caught then, because there's honestly no point in delaying capturing a starter Pokemon. It's just detrimental to the focus of the starter in question.

Meanwhile Popplio and Rowlet will get all the focus and merchandise sales.

Poor Litten, I guess it is the worst starter even though it was my favorite.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
There was no reason for this episode, I guess outside of Litten focus, I guess Litten won't be caught then, because there's honestly no point in delaying capturing a starter Pokemon. It's just detrimental to the focus of the starter in question.

Litten will be caught, there is no point of focusing on Litten and nothing happens. I guess January/February Ash will catch it.
All starters belong to main cast. Same thing will be here.

Last edited:

Captain America X

Lol, do you really think the writers will not have Litten be captured and be on the main cast?Even if, and that's a big if, is the least popular starter it is still more popular than a majority of the gen 7 pokemon.It being caught by Ash or someone else on the main cast is only a matter of time.

I don't see what's wrong with Ash not immedietly catching Litten.He can just catch it later like Krookodile before he leaves Mele-Mele

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm disappointed Ash didn't catch Litten, since I was so certain he was going to, but this does give Ash a chance to bond more with Litten and really earn its trust before he catches it (assuming that he does, of course). That is one advantage of Ash being stationary for awhile - his captures don't have to be rushed. He can take the time to get to know Pokémon before they join his team. Litten might have warmed up to Ash a bit, but it still isn't that fond of him. I do like that Ash wanted to catch Litten, and even admitted that to Litten itself, but changed his mind after he learned Litten was taking care of and gathering food for the old Stoutland. He even promised to come back later with more food, which was kind and so Ash-like of him. It mirrored Rowlet's situation in a way.

I do like Litten's relationship with the Stoutland - a mentor helping its student, and the student caring for the mentor in return. If Litten gets another focus episode, I hope we see more of Stoutland and of their relationship (assuming Stoutland didn't pass away at the end of this episode). I have a feeling Litten's dream might be foreshadowing Stoutland's eventual fate. :( In the meanwhile, it's clear that as long as Stoutland is around, Litten won't be going anywhere.

And what is with that Persian? It's like it's just being nasty for the sake of being nasty. And then it sidles up to humans acting all sweet and cute.

I'm glad Team Rocket only got a few seconds of screentime and didn't waste any trying to steal Litten or Pikachu.

Thank Arceus Team Rocket didn't ruin this episode with an unnecessary kidnapping attempt, but at the same time, were they really necessary at all in this episode? Their appearance did absolutely nothing. Unless, as someone else pointed out, this is a setup for a later episode, when they decide to get their revenge on Litten for stealing their food.

However, I do like that Meowth's first reaction was to act like the Pokémon he is and attack Litten with an actual move. It's nice to see Meowth actually remember he is a Pokémon and not a really short human.

Did anyone else notice Ash did Serena's "Ta da!" when he offered the sandwich to Litten? I will admit, that made me chuckle. I think it's safe to assume that was a Serena reference, since I have never heard Ash himself ever say that before.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
There is literally NOTHING from this episode that supports that theory and if anything it hints at a later capture. Litten backstory plus its improving relationship with Ash. Litten still doesn't like Ash. It doesn't have the same animosity it did earlier but it doesn't like him still. Why would it let itself be captured (barring a battle) willingly now? Makes sense to have it develop some more, possibly a final confrontation with A-Persian IDK, bond with Ash more then get captured.

Remix2

Really don't see the hate for this episode, I like the fact that litten isn't on ash team yet and it appears that there setting up a arc for it which ya this series definitely need.