• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Marketplace Wanderer, Litten! (950)

Captain America X

Because they didn't do it with Rowlet and Ash actually caught it.

Oh sort of like how they WROTE the episode THAT way? I could've done without the dying Stoutland plot. Or as I said, wait until this episode actually has merit rather than coming off as "Well we HAVE to do something with Litten"

Just because they did not do it with Rowlet does not mean they don't have to do it with Litten.Rowlet is a way more friendlier Pokemon than Litten who holds grudges for a long time.

Except this episode has merit.It showed Litten's backstory and more of it's personality as well as development with Ash.It does not come off as being forced to showcase Litten since they actually are developing characters instead of filler that can be skipped.

There's nothing wrong with the stoutland plot and there is nothing wrong or bad with Ash not immedietly catching Litten.Also Rowlet has "poor" development because the writers have been focusing on other characters for the last 3 eps and the next episode.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I wasn't referring to their personalities I was referring to the "development"

Rowlet has a pretty poor development with Ash ends up getting caught. Litten and Ash "bonded deeply" but was NOT caught.

Rowlet only went with Ash because Ash saved it and then fed it? Meanwhile Ash saved and helped Litten throughout the episode and nothing happened as a result of it. And Litten was just as cold towards Ash as the beginning of it.

I don't think settling down in Ash's lap to sleep after scratching him all the way to the Pokemon centre can be considered 'cold'. Maybe Litten still didn't fully trust Ash by the end, but there was a moment there.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm disappointed Ash didn't catch Litten, since I was so certain he was going to, but this does give Ash a chance to bond more with Litten and really earn its trust before he catches it (assuming that he does, of course). That is one advantage of Ash being stationary for awhile - his captures don't have to be rushed. He can take the time to get to know Pokémon before they join his team. Litten might have warmed up to Ash a bit, but it still isn't that fond of him. I do like that Ash wanted to catch Litten, and even admitted that to Litten itself, but changed his mind after he learned Litten was taking care of and gathering food for the old Stoutland. He even promised to come back later with more food, which was kind and so Ash-like of him. It mirrored Rowlet's situation in a way.

I do like Litten's relationship with the Stoutland - a mentor helping its student, and the student caring for the mentor in return. If Litten gets another focus episode, I hope we see more of Stoutland and of their relationship (assuming Stoutland didn't pass away at the end of this episode). I have a feeling Litten's dream might be foreshadowing Stoutland's eventual fate. :( In the meanwhile, it's clear that as long as Stoutland is around, Litten won't be going anywhere.

And what is with that Persian? It's like it's just being nasty for the sake of being nasty. And then it sidles up to humans acting all sweet and cute.

Thank Arceus Team Rocket didn't ruin this episode with an unnecessary kidnapping attempt, but at the same time, were they really necessary at all in this episode? Their appearance did absolutely nothing. Unless, as someone else pointed out, this is a setup for a later episode, when they decide to get their revenge on Litten for stealing their food.

However, I do like that Meowth's first reaction was to act like the Pokémon he is and attack Litten with an actual move. It's nice to see Meowth actually remember he is a Pokémon and not a really short human.

Did anyone else notice Ash did Serena's "Ta da!" when he offered the sandwich to Litten? I will admit, that made me chuckle. I think it's safe to assume that was a Serena reference, since I have never heard Ash himself ever say that before.

I noticed that Ta-da reference; I found it hilarious hearing Ash say it lol

Janovy

Banned

Rowlet has a pretty poor development with Ash ends up getting caught. Litten and Ash "bonded deeply" but was NOT caught.

Rowlet only went with Ash because Ash saved it and then fed it? Meanwhile Ash saved and helped Litten throughout the episode and nothing happened as a result of it. And Litten was just as cold towards Ash as the beginning of it.
All that you're describing is the result of their personalities. Rowlet has an easygoing personality and probably gets attached to people or things quickly.

Litten isn't that kind of Pokemon. It definitely take more development for it to agree to come with Ash.

DatsRight

The jarring similarities to Litten and Rowlet's setup seem almost deliberate (I'd be worried if they weren't at least).

Rowlet was rescued by Ash and took his food, though was grateful and easily took to Ash, and when Ash was unwilling to break up the family, Rowlet and the others all gave their approval. Rowlet is a sweet but dopey lug that stood as Ash's easy capture and a reward for his kindness.

Litten goes through all the same things....and is still a complete prick to Ash. If it is captured, it will be the one Ash has to truly work for.

If Grubbin is also planned, I'm hoping it's the one that downplays the whole bonding first plot and requires Ash to capture through competent skills (though he can bond with it after by all means). Pretty good variation right there, and change from just tons of Pokemon Ash just easily wins over like before.

dman_dustin

I don't think settling down in Ash's lap to sleep after scratching him all the way to the Pokemon centre can be considered 'cold'.
Which is what I thought that showed, until I watched the episode, and realized that Litten only did that because it otherwise had no choice. Pretending to be nice or rather "play along" was in its best interest.

Maybe Litten still didn't fully trust Ash by the end, but there was a moment there.
That moment after Alolan Persian runs off when Ash winces in pain was completely voided by the actual end of the episode when Litten for the most part IGNORED Ash. I don't know if staring Ash down before running off meant anything, seemed more like a cold moment to me.

This really felt like a one sided bonding episode to me.

All that you're describing is the result of their personalities. Rowlet has an easygoing personality and probably gets attached to people or things quickly.

Litten isn't that kind of Pokemon. It definitely take more development for it to agree to come with Ash.
See now it seems like your excusing poor writing on their personalities. There was NOTHING wrong with the writers putting MORE effort into Rowlet's capture so that it didn't come off as a poor excuse of a capture. Such as Ash interacting with Rowlet more.

Maybe Team Rocket didn't help, but for whatever reason more development, MORE focus was centered around Litten and Ash bonding with it, and it had no meaningful impact based on how the ending was shown, perhaps if Litten smirked before running off, I could see it but NOTHING happened except on Ash's side (the connection, while Litten's was more of a development for its character).

Rowlet BARELY got any focus outside of

- Looking for food, failing, and then looking for more food
- Being saved by Ash, being fed, flying off
- Being incredibly friendly to Ash, saving Pikachu, saving its family and then being caught by Ash

Meanwhile Litten got like two Rowlet episodes worth of development within one episode and outside of its character in of itself and Ash's unrequited bonding, NOTHING meaningful happened.

Last edited:

DatsRight

I find it interesting how troublesome a lot of the captures appear to be this series.

In XY, nearly all of them turned out pretty easily resolved. Froakie looked set up to be the troublesome Pokemon, but was quickly tamed and earned. Only Fletchling required a proper fight while the others were won over like the standard. Even Inkay and Pumpkaboo of TR were caught hilariously easily and instantly loyal.

Ash's two potential captures have been resisting so far, with only Rowlet being won over with no problem, while Mimikyu is one of TR's first unruly Pokemon.

What are you talking about? That's not a reference. Serena doesn't do that. EVER.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I find it interesting how troublesome a lot of the captures appear to be this series.

In XY, nearly all of them turned out pretty easily resolved. Froakie looked set up to be the troublesome Pokemon, but was quickly tamed and earned. Only Fletchling required a proper fight while the others were won over like the standard. Even Inkay and Pumpkaboo of TR were caught hilariously easily and instantly loyal.

Ash's two potential captures have been resisting so far, with only Rowlet being won over with no problem, while Mimikyu is one of TR's first unruly Pokemon.

What are you talking about? That's not a reference. Serena doesn't do that. EVER.

Agree about way they're handling potential captures.

Serena sort of did. I can recall her using it when she had something to present to the group (like the outfit change).

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So this episode was ok, had a couple funny moments, like Litten kicking away Rotomdex in the beginning and then its scan later at the Pokemon center thinking it was a Heliolisk I guess lol.

Actually, Rotomdex was adding to its data that the Cone of Shame is called the Heliolisk Collar, because it resembles Heliolisk's frilled collar. I don't know why they just couldn't call it a cone, but I suppose they have to be clever about it, right?

IMO, that shows just the drastic differences in their personalities. Rowlet was drawn to Ash because he fed it and helped it free its flock. It didn't take much for Ash to earn Rowlet's affection. Even then, Rowlet went with Ash at Toucannon's encouragement.

Litten, on the other hand, is either an ungrateful brat (like many cats :p ) or its bond with Stoutland is much stronger than any attachment it might feel toward Ash. That just tells me Ash is going to have to work harder to earn Litten's trust and/or affection. Either that, or something is going to have to happen to Stoutland, because Litten refuses to leave that dog. That's why I wonder if Litten's dream was foreshadowing Stoutland's eventual fate.

I fully expect to see Litten in future episodes. I also expect that it's going to join Ash's team eventually, and probably sooner rather than later. I think Ash is going to continue to try to help Litten care for Stoutland by bringing them food, because that's just the kind of big-hearted boy he is, and I think eventually, that kindness will win Litten over.

DatsRight

Agree about way they're handling potential captures.

Serena sort of did. I can recall her using it when she had something to present to the group (like the outfit change).

It is a change at least. XY focused too much on goodness and love being most of the work and making an invincible team (though admittedly that was kind of how the game mechanics for that gen worked too :p). Here there's actually something to work against.

No no. That was the lies and slander spread by strange imposter Serena.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Honestly, I can't wait to see how will Litten treat Rowlet when Ash captures it. And if they evolve will they be like bros or rivals.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
do people seriously think ash saying "ta da!" was reference to serena? lol many have said it before, even his own mom. nothing against serena of course, but i think some people are stretching a bit now...

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Not sure why people are sad that Ash didn't catch Litten in this episode. It's apparent that Litten has its own problems & life in which Ash shouldn't forcefully take away just for him to catch Litten. And Litten doesn't trust nor like Ash yet, it's still warming up to him. But for now, Litten wants to take care of/not leave the old Stoutland. They're in the general area and I'd rather they take time for Ash's relationship with Litten and catching it when it's ready.

Good points:

-Ash's brief time at the Pokémon School and saying bye to them (only Mao chan and Kiawe waved back)

-Is no one going to say this? Meloetta's theme!!! They're reusing old music and I love it!!

-Litten's nightmare about the old Stoutland dying. It was pretty sad, I'm really glad they're showing Litten's insecurities and how hard it's training to scare off Alolan Persian

-Pikachu attacking Litten with Thunderbolt (but he forgot that he was on Ash's shoulder so it shocked them both! :p)

-The sleeping scene and the night scenes in general. Loved how dazed Ash and Pikachu were! And Litten going off to sleep with the old Stoutland and protecting it was nice. The dark atmosphere intensified Alolan Persian's odd appearance

-I liked that Ash didn't know what Alolan Persian was (and he only saw it from the back end)

-Getting treated at the Pokémon Center and stumbling by Kiawe and his Charizard

-The old market lady. I felt she was needed and I like the extra screentime she had. This episode would've been weird without her and would've made her previous appearances in episodes meaningless and random

-Litten's (& the old Stoutland's) relocation and Ash's reaction to it. I felt this scene was kind of sad seeing Ash be excited & with food only to find out that Litten isn't there. His glum reaction to it was realistic and I felt sorry for him that Litten wasn't there. Glad that the old market lady tried cheering him up with wise words.

Bad points:

-I didn't really laugh. Aside from a few scenes like Ash getting shocked as well when Pikachu was attacking Litten or them realizing they let Litten outside, no humor at all.

-No cute Rowlet moments. It was replaced by radish!! :(

Overall, I enjoyed this episode but it was pretty weak. Well, or not that entertaining compared to the last ones. I do like the serious tone it was trying to convey with Litten but outside of that, it was the average unfriendly neighborhood terrorizer (Alolan Persian). I didn't mind the TRio scene (I liked that they were on holiday/day off) even though it was unnecessary (loved that Meowth at the very least, tried attacking Litten but the Ember was kind of overkill or contagious to the TRio. They must be flammable.) I liked that they didn't interrupt the plot. They were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. This was decent episode. I hope we see more of Litten and I'm happy that Litten wasn't buddy buddy with Ash at the end. And it's relationship with the old Stoutland is heartwarming.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Probably because it's ingrained in everyone's head. Well I look forward to the 'Ash said Tada, Serena4Alola videos' smh.

I'm curious to see how Litten, if it does come with Ash, responds to Stoutland as a ride Pokemon and whether it brings back memories.

UnovaMaster

dman dustin has a lot of real life issues to work out....

Anyways Litten was adorbs and it'll be cool to see Ash with his first cat Pokemon in the future.

I'm glad the writers are done pandering like they did in XY, because Sun and Moon is looking like it'll be the best series the more they do their own thing.

satopi

Im not sure why some people are calling it Serena's "catchphrase". It's just something you say when you're showing someone something. I'm pretty sure people like Dawn or Iris has said it before. Ash just had something to show that he was looking forward to eating. :)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
do people seriously think ash saying "ta da!" was reference to serena? lol many have said it before, even his own mom. nothing against serena of course, but i think some people are stretching a bit now...

It was the way Ash said "Ta da!" that reminded me of Serena. That, and it's not something he says very often; in fact, I can't recall the last time I heard him say that. It probably meant nothing, but it did make me chuckle.

Not sure why people are sad that Ash didn't catch Litten in this episode. It's apparent that Litten has its own problems & life in which Ash shouldn't forcefully take away just for him to catch Litten. And Litten doesn't trust nor like Ash yet, it's still warming up to him. But for now, Litten wants to take care of/not leave the old Stoutland. They're in the general area and I'd rather they take time for Ash's relationship with Litten and catching it when it's ready.

The fact that Litten clearly doesn't want to abandon Stoutland, and is afraid of losing Stoutland (as evidenced by its nightmare), is one of the main reasons I can get over my disappointment that Ash didn't catch Litten in this episode. Now that we know more about Litten, I would like to see it and Ash's relationship develop over the course of a few episodes. Besides, since Ash is stationary, he is bound to run into Litten again. I'm sure this won't be the last time he tries to offer food to Litten and Stoutland. Perhaps he will learn where Litten and Stoutland relocated to, and leave them food without them knowing, or at least when Litten is not there.

satoharupika said:
-Pikachu attacking Litten with Thunderbolt (but he forgot that he was on Ash's shoulder so it shocked them both! :p)

I actually chuckled at how pissed off Pikachu looked that Litten had the nerve to not only steal Ash's sandwich, but then attack Ash when he tried to stop it. He was like, "Aw heck no you didn't!" :p

satoharupika said:
-I liked that Ash didn't know what Alolan Persian was (and he only saw it from the back end)

Even better, Ash didn't dwell on it. His reaction was basically, "Oh, so Persian has an Alolan form?" He knew what a Persian was, which should be a relief to fans who were worried he would forget what certain Pokémon were for the sake of introducing them to the audience.

I didn't mind the TRio scene (I liked that they were on holiday/day off) even though it was unnecessary (loved that Meowth at the very least, tried attacking Litten but the Ember was kind of overkill or contagious to the TRio. They must be flammable.)

Dude, at least Meowth actually remembered he is a Pokémon who is capable of attacking those who antagonize him. Even better, his first reaction was to leap forth with Fury Swipes. He didn't hesitate or have to be reminded that he is a Pokémon.

satopi

Actually, Rotomdex was adding to its data that the Cone of Shame is called the Heliolisk Collar, because it resembles Heliolisk's frilled collar. I don't know why they just couldn't call it a cone, but I suppose they have to be clever about it, right?
I find it a bit weird on how Rotomdex said after the first battle with Alolan Persian that Litten was on 90% health (which seems rather high to me) yet it was going in and out of consciousness and finding it hard to move. I did really like the Litten blurry vision POV.