• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Marketplace Wanderer, Litten! (950)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Also, Ash.... getting scratched by a cat is painful. So what the hell are you doing?

Putting on a brave face, of course, like he always does. I did like that he did eventually wince in pain. It showed that he really was just putting on a brave face, and that it actually really did hurt. Also, that "Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" look Litten gave him, combined with his nervous chuckle, just made me laugh.

Janovy

Banned
At some point Ash felt like a parent to Litten. Litten was obviously hurt and Ash forced Litten to go the Pokemon Center. Ash forcing a Pokemon do something sounds OOC at first, but for Ash who cares about Pokemon so much, it makes a lot sense. He was even ready to get scratched just so Litten can get the help it needs.

A great display of Ash's personality without depending on silly physical comedy (for all of those who say Ash's entire personality in SM lies in the physical comedy).

Janovy

Banned
I really want Stoutland to die.

I don't care if it's offscreen, just make it happen
Litten's capture episode:

Ash comes across Litten sitting next to Stoutland's unmoving body. Litten keeps licking Stoutland, but Stoutland is not waking up. Litten starts crying. Ash sits next to Litten, hugs it, and the two cry together in silence.

Janovy

Banned

snorlax512

Litten has the right personality to become Ash's ace this region... but Decidueye looks the most badass out of the three starters.

Dax

Legend
It was such a nice episode. I love how the relationship between Ash and Litten is being handled patiently. The episode developed the two, while giving depth and meaning to every action the cat took. Capturing it at the end would have been nice, but at the same time, I love the pacing and find it perfect for the tone and nature of Litten's relationship with Ash. I'm very satisfied with SM's smooth start. It feels very refreshing.

Janovy

Banned
Litten has the right personality to become Ash's ace this region... but Decidueye looks the most badass out of the three starters.
That's very true.

So far Litten seems to be the ace and Rowlet the comic relief character.

Janovy

Banned
now i'm wondering why stoutland and litten moved to a new home (assuming stoutland is still alive)
It seems pretty obvious - Persian found out where they lived, so the old place isn't safe anymore.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Litten's capture episode:

Ash comes across Litten sitting next to Stoutland's unmoving body. Litten keeps licking Stoutland, but Stoutland is not waking up. Litten starts crying. Ash sits next to Litten, hugs it, and the two cry together in silence.

Am I a horrible person for kind of wanting to see something like this? I mean, Stoutland dying would be just heartbreaking, but it would also add an interesting element to Litten's character, especially if Ash is the one who comforts Litten, while at the same being heartbroken himself. It would give Litten a lot of emotional baggage, but that would also provide an opportunity for Ash to heal a Pokémon with his love and kindness.

It seems pretty obvious - Persian found out where they lived, so the old place isn't safe anymore.

Not just Persian, but also a human found out where they live. It's clear Litten doesn't completely trust humans, even if it begs food off of them, and even if that human is our good-natured hero who promised to bring them food, Litten probably wouldn't trust staying there anymore.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just started watching the subbed version & Rotom's dex entry pretty much sums up why Ash didn't catch Litten yet
RotomDex said:
Litten, the Fire Cat Pokémon. A Fire type. It hides its emotions and prefers to be alone. Earning its trust takes time.
It's true that Stoutland's another main factor, but this is also feels like an important fact to bring up since it shows that it'll take Ash a little longer to gain Litten's trust in order to catch it. :p

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
if you want to get really dark: litten comes back home to see a weak stoutland trying to fend off alolan persian. persian fires a power gem right in the face, and stoutland falls over, never to get up again. litten is stunned and drops the berry it's holding in it's mouth just as ash comes from behind to see what's going on.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
if you want to get really dark: litten comes back home to see a weak stoutland trying to fend off alolan persian. persian fires a power gem right in the face, and stoutland falls over, never to get up again. litten is stunned and drops the berry it's holding in it's mouth just as ash comes from behind to see what's going on.

O_O Well, that would certainly shut down all the claims that Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon is nothing but slapstick comedy. It would also go right along with Alola Persian's dex entry of it being a cruel and cunning Pokémon. It decides to screw with Litten by killing Stoutland.

DatsRight

Sun/Moon's general method is an age old one 'draw expressively, not 'good''. It's a bit cruder and not quite as flashy, but it feels more 'alive' than previous series.

I am mixed about this episode though, it's probably the lowest quality of the lot so far, much more choppy moment and a bit sloppier than usual.

This episode sure did have the 'cats are assholes' mentality going for it. :p

Then again Persian have tended to be antagonistic or neutral at best in the anime, given even fellow designated 'devious jerk Pokemon' like Meowth, Purrloin and Malamar have had token kind appearances. Hell they had this Persian attack some Spearow who were just minding their own business, and we know their history in this series.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

If they want to go the dark route, Stoutland is dying. If they want to go the lighter safer route Kukui or someone else can take care of Stoutland so Litten can join Ash.

Let's see which route the writers will pick

Janovy

Banned
Since they had the guts to imply Stoutland's death in Litten's dreams, I would prefer they took the darker route.

phanpycross

God-king
Since they had the guts to imply Stoutland's death in Litten's dreams, I would prefer they took the darker route.
It was the vaguest it could have possibly been tho.

Litten yelling at a stoutland is a pretty far cry from Stoutland actually dying. Maybe if this was a Bonnie episode, but as it is, I dont see it.