• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Marketplace Wanderer, Litten! (950)

Janovy

Banned
It was the vaguest it could have possibly been tho.

Litten yelling at a stoutland is a pretty far cry from Stoutland actually dying. Maybe if this was a Bonnie episode, but as it is, I dont see it.

It's not the yelling that was bad but the fact that Stoutland wasn't waking up. You could interpret it as 'oh well, Stoutland is just in deep sleep' but the fact Litten had a nightmare implies the worst case scenario: Stoutland falling asleep and never waking up. So, Litten basically had a nightmare where Stoutland dies.

All of this is further emphasized by Rotom's comment on how Stoutland looks old and Stoutland's haggard appearance.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
If they want to go the dark route, Stoutland is dying. If they want to go the lighter safer route Kukui or someone else can take care of Stoutland so Litten can join Ash.

Let's see which route the writers will pick
Or they take the route that doesn't make any sense, which is Stoutland magically gets better and simply tells Litten to go with Ash. I hope this isn't how it happens, but you never know.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
okay so i saw the "pokeproblems" segment for this episode on twitter that was unaired at first because of the movie trailer. but at the end, professor kukui is talking about litten and it shows litten and stoutland in some sewer/tunnel-like place. can't link it here for obvious reasons though.

DotKU

Champion
Good episode, I think it did a good job showing us what kind of pokemon Litten is. Going with this pre-capture development a la Chimchar is welcomed by me, and I agree with the others in the thread that this foreshadows important developments for Ash and Litten later down the line.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Personally, I think this was a really good episode of the series, and shows us that it can be just as dramatic as it needs to be, even in the new art style.

I especially think it was the right call for them to hold off on Ash catching Litten, since it is pretty apparent it doesn't trust him still. It would make more sense for them to develop the friendship as the show goes on.

did.ya.guys.know.that.when.ashs.companion.is.the.rival.in.the.games.he.doesnt.get.all.the.starters.so.i.bet.ash.will.catch.litten
and.plus.sorry.about.the.dots.my.space.bar.is.broke

OOOOOR
They.could.End.The.School.Version.Of.The.Anime.In.1.season.And.Ash.will.Start.Travelling.Around.Alolas.Secret.Areas,island.next.to.it,New.Region.Close.to.alola.ie.Johto.Like.Area
Then.Eventually.Before.The.second.Season.Litten.will.go.with.ash.on.his.Journey

thor94

stoutland scenes were really touching.
ask why peoples are upset about ash doesn't catch litten in this episode. After all, there is no gyms or league. sadly, SM serie is more like a slice of life comedy anime and will likely barely focus on battles. until now, beside rockets, pikachu and rowlet didn't need to fight.

Janovy

Banned
After all, there is no gyms or league. sadly, SM serie is more like a slice of life comedy anime and will likely barely focus on battles. until now, beside rockets, pikachu and rowlet didn't need to fight.
The main story of this anime has yet to begin.

The battles will begin once the Island Trials begin, which is in two episodes.

thor94

The main story of this anime has yet to begin.

The battles will begin once the Island Trials begin, which is in two episodes.
yep, but islands trial are more like RPG quest (find that object, take a picture of X, fight the wild pokemon troubling the area, ect) than official battle.

SilverSneasel

Yokohama Gym Leader
Everyone debating about Ash catching Litten or not... Meanwhile I think about how my heart broke in this episode. I almost cried when Litten had that nightmare, poor baby.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Everyone debating about Ash catching Litten or not... Meanwhile I think about how my heart broke in this episode. I almost cried when Litten had that nightmare, poor baby.

Yeah that was sad. I wonder if they'll continue with that mini subplot before Litten gets captured.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
stoutland scenes were really touching.
ask why peoples are upset about ash doesn't catch litten in this episode. After all, there is no gyms or league. sadly, SM serie is more like a slice of life comedy anime and will likely barely focus on battles. until now, beside rockets, pikachu and rowlet didn't need to fight.

There are trials. The beginning is only slice of life.Next year is adventure and battles we all love.

Jason3b93

I couldn't help but love this episode. To me, the best of Sun and Moon so far. I really loved it
I still think that Ash will eventually catch that Litten. And he was so cute in the episode.
Also, they weren't heavy-hand with the physical comedy this week. Before, my favorite episode was the Rowlet one, now this one is my favorite by a large margin.

diakyu

slice of life comedy anime and will likely barely focus on battles.
I think besides episodes 2 and 3 this was the most "pokemon" episode of them all. This episode had next to none of what Sun and Moon was advertised as having (focus on comedy and the school). Not knocking it but this series is a lot more than just a slice of life and a comedy series.

Remix2

I think besides episodes 2 and 3 this was the most "pokemon" episode of them all. This episode had next to none of what Sun and Moon was advertised as having (focus on comedy and the school). Not knocking it but this series is a lot more than just a slice of life and a comedy series.

I like that this episode didn't have alot of comedy in it. after episode 6(where it was completely forced) we need a break form it.

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
I thought this was a really solid episode. It had a bit of darkness that isn't frequent in the anime. The animation is still a bit quirky, but the episodes are pretty decent.

They've done a good job adding gravitas to Pokemon. Alolan Persian is cruel. Mimikyu is spooky. And based on next episode, Salazzle is really creepy.