• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Marketplace Wanderer, Litten! (950)

Ominous Wind

What a wonderful episode. It had many good things:

-Ash and Litten bonding
-Stoutland training Litten
-That little chair for Rotom Dex
-Kiawe thinking that Ash still has a grudge against Litten
-Minimum TR

8.5/10

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

This is why Dogs > Cats

Pros:

* BGM quality

* Old Man Stoutland

* Some Simba/Mufasa **** right there in that dream

* Ash/Litten bonding

Cons:

* Think you're overdoing the drooling

Thoughts:

* Why are all Persians dicks?

* So typing translates to personality now?

* Are all of Ash's Pokemon going to have PokeDads that we'll meet?

* Still wrapping my head around Ash being at an actual school and Pokenime turning into a daily school SOL feel...

Pretty good episode. It seems they aren't in any rush to get Litten aboard Ash's team. Wonder what Litten's personality will be like once it eventually gets captured.

7/10

Last ten episodes: 8/8/4/4/6/4

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Can't handle the daily dubs.

The dub VA work is getting better though. Even Lillie is sounding more authentic.

Rotom: I detect a happy ending!

You said it Rotom! :) :) :) :) :)

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I could get used to these multiple episodes a week.

Good Litten, kicking that Rotomdex in the face then! Such a little scamp.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This got dubbed.... and the next one is coming tomorrow apparently. Other channels care for Pokemon more than Disney does. lol
That Persian needed more punishment though, it's fur should have been burnt off. Still hyped for Nanu's fight, best Kahuna and Litten will surely star thanks to him owning Persian and a **** ton of Meowth..... if those are all girl Meowth, that will be funny to see Meowth handling that.

NPT

Just a member
I thought this was a pretty interesting episode. The foreshadowing of Stoutland's fate in Litten's nightmare was both intriguing and sad at the same time. I also really liked Ash and Litten's interactions in this episode. I'm glad the SM writers didn't have Ash catch Litten right away but instead opted to flesh out its character. I think all this will surely make Litten's eventual capture more satisfying.

The dub was alright, I guess. The script was better than usual and the voice acting wasn't too bad. They even kept the nightmare scene intact. The music... well, not much to say except only 2 pieces of original BGM(Title Card, SM wild Pokémon battle theme) were kept, and everything else was replaced with Goldfarb music which didn't really fit the episode. :/

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I didn't like the episode at first but that turned around when I first saw Litten go to the abandoned house to see Stoutland and then my heartstrings were pulled.

You can see how much Litten cares and that shows in its protectiveness of Stoutland. I like how Litten is going to warm to Ash slowly and I think that makes the friendship more worthwhile instead of it just being instant. As a result, I can't wait to see it develop further.

Great episode, onto the next one!

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
everything else was replaced with Goldfarb music which didn't really fit the episode. :/

Eh, I don't see it that way. I thought it all went together nicely, especially that mainly piano piece that went over that set of scenes concerning Litten and Stoutland. It sure was a heartstring-tugger, a kind of music that Mr. Goldfarb has always been superb at.

Anyway, Litten sure gained a lot of endearing points thanks to this episode. It's going to be Ash's for sure.

Vipsoccermaster

The seventh episode of Sun & Moon, focusing on Litten, aired today in the United States. An interesting episode, I must say. Liked the interaction between Litten and Stoutland, and Litten's nightmare is definitely foreshadowing a future episode. Despite having Alola Persian making its debut, it was a total dick to Litten. I wonder what happened prior the encounter, but we'll never know. Then again, cats fight each other sometimes. Persian must be very territorial. Glad Ash thought family was more important than trying to catch Litten. It's nice that the Shop Lady (Market Lady) was always nice to Litten by offering food all the time.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Why did Ash say "That doesn't look like any Persian I've ever seen" as though he's seen a huge number of Persian?

He's seen a grand total of one Persian, in BWS2-12.

The way he said it, you'd think he's seen a huge number of Persian, the way he has seen most other Pokémon.

Whereas in reality, he's now seen an equal number of non-Alolan and Alolan Persian.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why did Ash say "That doesn't look like any Persian I've ever seen" as though he's seen a huge number of Persian?

The way he said it, you'd think he's seen a huge number of Persian, the way he has seen most other Pokémon.

Whereas in reality, he's now seen an equal number of non-Alolan and Alolan Persian.

No, he battled one before back in Orange Islands or Johto and saw Tyson beat one too. Besides, there's no way he didn't encounter any off screen.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh, look. Another Riolu belonging to a background trainer. Maybe it was the same one from an episode ago?

So, Litten is tied to that Stoutland preventing Ash to capture him...

*loads shotgun*

*shoots Alolan Persian*

What's that cat's problem with Litten, anyway? Her owner should be ashamed.

*reloads shotgun*

He saw a lot in off-screen land, where he taught Krookodile Aerial Ace and Hawlucha X-Scissor.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The Absence of Rowlet here was just kinda awkward, but that's a minor gripe.

I'm actually happy Rowlet didn't appear because it gives me hope it will evolve fully to Decidueye and get Ash his first Ghost-type Pokémon.

If it was going to remain out of its ball in the backpack, I was afraid it would not evolve as other out of the ball Pokémon have not, such as Pikachu, Piplup, and Axew.

However this episode showed me it's perfectly capable of being in the ball

I quite liked this episode. Too bad Ash didn't capture Litten but I guess he'll catch it sometime later. I'm glad Team Rocket only got a few seconds of screentime and didn't waste any trying to steal Litten or Pikachu.

I wish Team Rocket hadn't appeared at all

There is literally NO RUSH right now for Ash to catch it.

Yes there is, IT IS A STARTER.

Ash caught Totodile in the 35th Johto episode.
Brock caught Mudkip in the 25th AG episode.
Ash caught Chimchar in the 51st DP episode.

The only series in which Ash caught multiple starters in the first 10 episodes was BW, which is widely regarded as the worst, so I'm not sure why that's what you want

The Sun/Moon put a big stock in showing that Pokemon and humans could coexist without having a trainer/trainee relationship. Totem Pokemon, Ride Pokemon, Nebby, and so on.

Not to mention Rotomdex!

Eh, I don't see it that way. I thought it all went together nicely, especially that mainly piano piece that went over that set of scenes concerning Litten and Stoutland. It sure was a heartstring-tugger, a kind of music that Mr. Goldfarb has always been superb at.

To me, it sounded similar to the music used during some of the sad storytelling parts of the Espurr episode "Seeking Shelter from the Storm!"

He saw a lot in off-screen land, where he taught Krookodile Aerial Ace and Hawlucha X-Scissor.

Lol fair enough

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
To me, it sounded similar to the music used during some of the sad storytelling parts of the Espurr episode "Seeking Shelter from the Storm!"

It is similar, but it's not the same track. But it is my favorite dub track of the saga so far. I also must admit it was nice hearing an instrumental version of "Under the Alolan Sun" over the final scene.

So far, this is my favorite of the saga. Nice character development for Litten.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really only have one thing to say about this episode, it's one thing seeing Alolan Persian's ridiculously large head in the games, but it seemed even more ridiculous the show. It's beyond even acceptable cartoon standards.

You know what, that actually made me think of something. I wish we had got to see Meowth interact with the Persian. It would have been interesting to see how his hatred of normal Persian carried over to the Alolan version. That could make for an interesting episode idea some day.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I don't like how the dub destroyed the Team Rocket scene in this one, by replacing that amazing new version of Team Rocket's team song, my favorite new track from the series. Even things you'd consider untouchable, like Team Rocket's mottos, aren't safe anymore. Same happened in some episodes of XY&Z. Shameful.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Team Rocket's scene in this episode, which many claimed to be irrelevant and "TR SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN IN THIS EP" when it originally aired, turned out to be important, as it allowed Meowth to recognize Litten later in episodes 16 and 21.