• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon!

On their travels through Kanto, Ash & co. are invited to a special Lab where Dr. Yung has created a machine which ressurrects extinct or legendary Pokémon as Mirage Pokémon. When they arrive, they meet up with Prof. Oak & Misty and decide to investigate these Mirage Pokémon. However, when Dr. Yung gets kidnapped by the Mirage Master, Ash & Co. have to find him, but first they need to stop a Mirage Mewtwo. Can they find Dr. Yung?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

V Faction

www.faction.com
Just something to add for the first break.

They mention that Aggron can't learn Bullet Seed. That's correct. But it also used Thunder Wave (an attack it's capable of getting through move tutoring in Emerald). I certainly hope they didn't mean that for T-Bolt.

Staryu with Bubblebeam!

Sachiko

...is gone. =(
I think that the plot's pretty interesting. Not exceptionally good, but interesting. You know how dub plots are. Kinda corny. Like YGO the Movie...!!
[SPOIL]WHAT?! DR. YOUNG IS MIRAGE MASTER?!?![/SPOIL] (spoiler for those who have taped it and are planning to watch it later.)
[SPOIL]Volt Tackle[/SPOIL] is so pretty...
I'm done.

Ok ok ok now the Special is over (or a few minutes away from that) did they reveal any spoilers that haven't been already shown through regular episodes yet? Minus Volt Tacke.

Like certain Pokemon characters have ect? Also what's this about Oak and a Dragonite O_O

And anyone want to tell me whats so wrong with the intro?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Sachiko

...is gone. =(
The intro is okay. I don't mind it.

It was so refreshing to hear the old voices on theat commercial!!!

They were saying that Mew was not data. It had a soul. That means it died?!? Awwww... *cries*

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Professor Yung's apperance reminds of that one teacher or whatever on Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

But yeah. Oak. Dragonite. Just plain random.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was not as good as I thought it was. IMO, it was a bit bad. The new voices sounded terrible, especially Ash, Brock, May (bascially all the characters). I prefer the old voices. They were much better. I thought Dr. YUng being the Mirage Master was such an unoriginal idea, IMO. Also, after Mewtwo absorbed all the mirage pokemon, I thought it was really freaky when all those pokemon heads were popping all over Mewtwo's body. Just one question, though.
When Mewtwo used Hyper Beam, its hand turned into a Rayquaza head. Could anyone tell me which pokemon head Mewtwo's arms turned into to land the fiinal shot on Mew?

Silverchan said:
Professor Yung's apperance reminds of that one teacher or whatever on Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

But yeah. Oak. Dragonite. Just plain random.
Crowler?
Anyways people spoke of Bayleef!We only saw like 1 pokemon from each person we didnt even see Brocks.

Kabuto

little punks!
Well Great Butlers theory is right. Dr. Yung is Mirage Master. I still think that the plot sounded like a child wrote it. It was catering to all the young n00bs that don't know anything about Hoenn. Oh Mewtwos strongest Pokemon EVER! Lets give Prof Oak a Dragonite!!. Mew saves that day!!! The only Hoenn Pokemon there were Corphish, Combusken, Mightyena, and Absol, most of which got 2 seconds of screentime.

THey pratcicly Avoided ALL of Ash's pokemon except Pikachu and Corphish. The story line was OK. Once again, an overpowered Super Pokemon only to be done inb/stoped by a cute pokemon.

Note how wacked out Mirage Mew looked

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Saw it and well it was pretty good. I wont talk about the voices here. Oak with dragonite was surprising, it caught me offguard. The whole story felt really rushed at the end for some reason. Mirage mewtwo was pretty cool, still i like the real mewtwo alot more. This special was not what i expected it to be i was thinking it would be amazingly great but it was just good, IMO.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Judai Yuki said:
Crowler?
Anyways people spoke of Bayleef!We only saw like 1 pokemon from each person we didnt even see Brocks.

No that dude with that cat. xD

V Faction

www.faction.com
I remember when I was excited for this special. Y'know, suspending disbelief n' all?

I take it all back. In heaps.

I'll tell you right now, the voices were bad, but in a 'taken for granted' kind of way. We know that changes are always hard. We know that these people aren't exactly experienced in their roles as these characters. As such, I'll be ignoring the voices as Con of the special.

The Opening: Horrible. I'll give them credit for trying to tie in all three regions, but Rap and Pokemon do not mix. This isn't like the One Piece rap, where it's so bad it's funny. No, this is just BAD.

The Plot: We knew from the get-go that it was convoluted. But they barely did anything with what was left to work with. As I alluded to in the voice thread, the entire special was a glorified Scooby Doo episode, splashed with some clichéd anime goodness. You thought Pokemon plots were basic enough? Get out your shovel and start digging.

The Characters: "Paykachu, Thunderbolt!"

Ash apparently has resorted back to firing off attack after attack. May gets turned into a doofus, Brock runs off to find Jenny and is gone for the whole damn thing, and Max has to play guard duty (not to bad actually). Mirage Master is all of the Pokemon villains wrapped up into one without any of the substance.

The Pokemon: Burly, brutish, and brainless.

The Animation: Slightly off. I can't really fault them since this was contracted under unusual means. The attack animations were funny to look at though.

This special... kinda blew up on itself.

Last edited:

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
Wow! I was amazed that Charizard didn't show up and that Mirage Master isn't Ash's father.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Ash didn't seem to care at all when Misty fell to her death. :O

And ha, May saved her. She had a huge role after all.

Grumble... Mewtwo being public knowledge is bad..

Oh, come on! Team Rocket could have done something important!

Anyone else call Dr. Yung a "GameSharker" aloud about a million times? XD

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Lil Brother said:
Anyone else call Dr. Yung a "GameSharker" aloud about a million times? XD

That's what I thought. Then I wondered if the secret message in this if you cheat you become a crazy guy that ends up walking straight into a burning building.

Kabuto

little punks!
Oh yeah I forgot about that AWFUL opening song. Misty didn't really have much of a purpose though prof Oak had interaction with professor Yung.

And I know many May fans will be ticked off from this line.

May: At least I'm useful for something.