• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Rancid Meat said:
Oh yeah I forgot about that AWFUL opening song. Misty didn't really have much of a purpose though prof Oak had interaction with professor Yung.

And I know many May fans will be ticked off from this line.

May: At least I'm useful for something.

Lol.

I missed the opening. Was it that bad?

Kabuto

little punks!
The Dragonite was totally random. The Elite Four should have shown up to fight them. ;___;

Sure cater to even more Kanto fans who do not know anything about what Pokemon is now. I'm surprised Gary or Charizard didn't show up.

I missed the opening. Was it that bad?

Lets just say I barely lived through it.

Silverchan said:
No that dude with that cat. xD
Banner XP Phew when Crowler got mentioned I got scared D:

I bet someone posts the opening on Youtube *waits for said person* I wanna get my ears majorly hurt :p

Alopec

Still Dreaming...
Well, that was certainly... interesting. There didn't seem to be any added Pokeshipping hints, which is probably a relief to some people. Ash was more concered about Pikachu, even after Misty fell down that thing, whatever it was. I was actually very happy to see it was May who saved her, that was a surprising twist. ^^ But I didn't like May's line right after that - "There, you see? Sometimes I can do the right thing." That was completely out of character and ticked me off a bit.

I might have to watch it again to really get the plot, because I was paying more attention to the new voices than anything.

Poor Mew. Even though it looked/sounded nothing like the Mew I remember, it was still really adorable.

Oh, and I'm just going to pretend that opening song doesn't exist. -_-

WaterDragon trainer said:
Could anyone tell me which pokemon head Mewtwo's arms turned into to land the fiinal shot on Mew?

Looked like a Tropius head using Solarbeam.

Anyhow, this Special disappointed me. Yes, May was here, but she really didn't do anything except save Misty. Her voice was horrendous, the worst one by far, and she seemed very OOC throughout the whole Special with her strange calmness.

Anyhow, the only voices I even liked were Jessie's and Jenny's. Both sounded quite good, and Jenny's new one was actually better than the old one. However, two good voices don't make up for a plethora of terrible ones.

I'm glad Mew and Mewtwo weren't real. The plot really wasn't anywhere near good enough for either of them.

Mirage Mewtwo was kinda cool, though. Its dead silence made it seem very menacing, which was surprising. When it opened its mouth, though, I was pretty disappointed ._.

The Mirage Master being Dr. Yung.....Saw it coming a mile off. Notice how Dr. Yung was never heard from after the Aerodactyl carried him off. They should've shown him a couple of times afterwards. Or, better yet, they could've had him alongside the Mirage Master to throw us off. But, no such luck. They made it overly-obvious.

I was sorta hoping that Volt Tackle may have been some hybrid of Quick Attack and Thunder, but that was a slim hope. Continuity goes out the window.

Speaking of continuity, there was actually a lot more of it in this episode than I had expected. I can't name specific instances(the Special really is that forgettable >>), but I'm pretty sure every characters' reactions to Mewtwo were the way they should be(May didn't recognize it, Misty did, etc.).

That Professor Elm cameo was actually the best part of this mess, I think. Since Johto ended, Elm basically stopped existing. Seeing him again was excellent, but it wasn't enough to save this.

Dr. Yung's exit was a bit cool, even if it is a pretty obvious excuse for a sequel ._.

lol Oak's Dragonite. Shameless showcasing of a big, powerful Pokémon ftw. Watch the orange bloke never even appear again after this :rolleyes:

This actually was sorta violent. Mewtwo beat the sense out of Mew with its own hands before slaying it with Solarbeam. And Mewtwo slammed Dragonite to the ground with its tail after slugging it in the face. To me, that's a lot cooler than a bunch of big explosions spawned by colliding attacks.

Oh yeah, and lol at 263 people viewing this Section xD

Overall rating:
7.5 out of 10

It wasn't as bad as it could've been, luckily. But it wasn't even close to being a proper anniversary special. As I've said before, this isn't the sort of payoff I'd want after 10 years of Pokémon.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Whats with all the opening hate?I thought It was pretty good. While be it, I was adjusting the Antena the whole time, so maybe the Fuzz coverdf up the bad partd

Aldrius

Orange Champion
Sure cater to even more Kanto fans who do not know anything about what Pokemon is now. I'm surprised Gary or Charizard didn't show up.

Well, it does take place in Kanto... =S Theoretically there shouldn't even be any Johto/Hoenn pokemon.

Oh well.

PDL

disenchanted
well, this special can be desrcibed with one word: Craptacular

well, I was expecting cream of corn, but I got cream of crap.

okay, enough with the simpsons references, the special's plot is about as corny as Pokemon Live's plot. Though thankfully they didn't break out into song, although the intro made up for the missing lameness.

I'm gonna try to get a quote from the song
"Yo Pokemon Master Your Heart Beats Faster!But dont let it get to your head young trainer!The road is long and filled with Danger!First You Kick in Kanto!Then you head to Johto!Dont know where to go try to go with the flow.Everybody knows how the fever is growing.Watch out next stop might be Houen!

Kabuto

little punks!
Well, it does take place in Kanto... =S Theoretically there shouldn't even be any Johto/Hoenn pokemon.

Oh well.

Thats not the point it is still Advanced Generation and should be showcasing Advanced Pokemon like the rest of the battle frontier.

I'm gonna try to get a quote from the song
"Yo Pokemon Master Your Heart Beats Faster!But dont let it get to your head young trainer!The road is long and filled with Danger!First You Kick in Kanto!Then you head to Johto!Dont know where to go try to go with the flow.Everybody knows how the fever is growing.Watch out next stop might be Houen!

Picture that sung by a crappy Sean Paul imitador.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Joe was right, the write was Japanese.

On to business. The idea of fighting holographic Pokemon sounds kind of interesting. However, the making them know odd attacks kind of defeats the purpose because you're trying to form a strategy against the real life version.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
OK, I know I'll get my head shot off for this, but besides the voices I loved it.

Dr. Yung/Mirage Master was a good character. They gave him a bit of a backstory to develop his personality more, very good.

The Mirage Pokémon were amazing, especially Mewtwo. That thing it did with the heads popping out of its body to fire off attacks was freaky in a cool way.

I had to chuckle at May's line when she helped Misty in the tower inside Yung's castle. "See, I can do the right thing sometimes".......heh.

Oak having a Dragonite was weird, but so what? I'd rather see a Dragonite over his Charmeleon/Charizard from 4Ever or his Pidgey from "Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up." Did anyone catch the password he gave Mirage Master for his computer system? It was "REDGREEN." Cameos from Tracey, Elm and Birch were nice touches too. And especially the clips from The Power of One, Spell of the Unown, 4Ever, and Heroes---those were surprising to see.

The ending was a sort of tear-jerker in Pokémon's way, with Mew being sucked back into the Mirage System. I think that Dr. Yung killed himself by jumping into the fire at the end, that would explain why Officer Jenny couldn't find him---his body burned.

Overall, while not perfect, this definitely topped the last movie---Destiny Deoxys---and while it doesn't top Jirachi Wish Maker as my favorite movie, it is an easy second or third.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Oookay; judging by what I've read, this special was, to quote PDL quoting Bart Simpson, craptacular. Well, as I'm in the UK, I obviously haven't seen this and I'll see for myself how bad this thing is.

I'll see if it comes out on DVD later on and order it of Amazon. But I will say this: Oak with a Dragonite?! Is that random or what?

Squid Rooster

Marsh Squid
Judai Yuki said:
One word.Migration.
One other word: indigenous. :p Really though, it doesn't bother me. We've seen Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Pokemon out of their respective regions before, and the majority of these Pokemon were mirages (i.e. not actually real and thus not actually from the region) anyway.

The plot wasn't very good, but I wasn't expecting much anyway.

I missed the credits, so I don't know who animated it. Throughout the special there had been some faces and whatnot drawn a little awkwardly (Mew being an exception--they clearly missed a mark, or at least took a new direction, with it), but overall... it wasn't THAT bad. If this was an American animation department attempting to emulate Pokemon style, I think they actually did a good job, and wouldn't object to seeing them again... as long as they don't replace the original team. Something about their coloring and outlines didn't match the original, though, and said "I was done on a computer!" too much.

If it was a Japanese animation studio, though, I'm a little disappointed that they'd farm out a 10th anniversary special to a studio less capable than the usual studio.

The background music was noticably improved. Unless it went over my head, I didn't hear any generic synth that our dub series usually gets. I hope this trend continues and we get all the original BGM in the next dub series.

The opening was pretty bad, sorry to say.

It was cool to see a quick Elm appearance!

Wes

Iblis Wings
Overall, while not perfect, this definitely topped the last movie---Destiny Deoxys---and while it doesn't top Jirachi Wish Maker as my favorite movie, it is an easy second or third.

It's not a movie....it's a a special....meh whatever. Anyway it was...okay. I mean it has some minor flaws but it waass ind of worth it in the end. The fact the original music is used is good as well.

Judai Yuki said:
One word.Migration.
And Besides that, any pokemon featured were Mirages for the most part.

Did anyone else find the ending... bad?
I mean, Pikachu pulls VT out of nowhere, and just Leaps through Mewtwo?

On the other hand, all the unedited Pokemon on Pokemon Violence was awsome

Did anyone catch the password he gave Mirage Master for his computer system? It was "REDGREEN."
Yeah, I forgot about that. I guess that works and all, but, Kids wont know what Green Version was!

Last edited: