• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

WaterKrystal

Master Coordinator
I actually liked the Pokemon rap, it was a change of pace.

I honestly thought, that when Mirage Master shot those things out of the castle, I was thinking of Megaman Axcess's dimesion area (or whatever it was).

I kinda liked the special, even though it's not all the way over. Though it kinda felt like a Megaman Axcess type thing.

The Phantom Thief

I liked the special actually. I've already commented on the voices in that thread so I won't say anything about them.

Dr. Yung/Mirage Master was a good character. I don't really understand why he killed himself in the fire but whatever.

Oh, and May's line after saving Misty: "See, sometimes I can do the right thing". lol...just lol

Where the hell did Oak get Dragonite from? Can someone PLEASE explain that to me!!!!!

We could've had more Pokemon voices such as Ash's Swellow, Jessie's Sevpier, James's Cacnea, etc.

I liked the background music they used from the movies. That was cool I thought.

Overall, I'd give the special a 6.8/10.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Storywise, why must PokemonUSA/4kids/whoever made this constantly glorify Misty?

She's the one who gets a full battle against Aggron, gets to go with Ash inside the castle (while May and Max have to wait outside...wtf?), and is essentially the best battler.

Also, what in the world was May's, "Looks like I can do something right," line about when rescuing Misty?

Does PokemonUSA really think Misty must be constantly glorified and that May isn't as important as her, when the actual series says the exact opposite? This Misty glorification is highly irritating, thank god the Japanese writers don't do things like this.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
I loved the thought of Mirage Pokemon. Personally, I liked Dr. Yung.

However, I swear that Ash and gang lost ALL sense of strategy. Seriously, Iron Tail against an Entei's Flamethrower?

Mew's death was alarmingly Digimon-esque. But Dr. Yung's comment afterwards was priceless. I was thoroughly impressed with that.

Wes

Iblis Wings
Dr. Yung/Mirage Master was a good character. I don't really understand why he killed himself in the fire but whatever.

To go down with all the hard work you made? To simply give up because your ideas are not accpted and you're pride and honor is hurt? Went insane?

I just wonder when the Japanese will show this special....

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
From what I hear not many people seem to like it, I havn't seen it yet myself so I can't really give my opinion. As for the complaints about the theme song, how bad can it be? After all when anime shows have rap its actually much better than that rubbish in the charts, at least in Pokemon rap theres no mindless swearing every sentence.

PDL

disenchanted
Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix said:
Yeah, I forgot about that. I guess that works and all, but, Kids wont know what Green Version was!

Fire Red and Leaf Green ring a bell?

Wes

Iblis Wings
What happened to that classic pokemon rap about the original one hundred and fifty one....that rap beats the rap of a company who conrols Pokemon in the United States of all things...

Oh that password was a nice reference!

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Torky Stu said:
Banner XP Phew when Crowler got mentioned I got scared D:

I bet someone posts the opening on Youtube *waits for said person* I wanna get my ears majorly hurt :p

Ah. Okay. Thanks. I have a strange urge to do a parody 'fic of this episode/special.

WaterKrystal

Master Coordinator
Bliksem said:
Mew's death was alarmingly Digimon-esque.
Yeah, it did remind of a Digimon type thing, like when Patamon's first time digivovling into Angemon, and it got defeated...it dissappeared like Mew, looking back, everyone sad.

PDL said:
*Looks in his gameboy* Well, if that was for that refrence Wouldnt "FireRLeafG" Be better?

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
WaterKrystal said:
Yeah, it did remind of a Digimon type thing, like when Patamon's first time digivovling into Angemon, and it got defeated...it dissappeared like Mew, looking back, everyone sad.

Oh yeah. I was like "OMG DIGIMON" and then blinking. I'm a huge Digimon geek.

BTW, what did the password spell out?

PDL

disenchanted
Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix said:
*Looks in his gameboy* Well, if that wawss for that refrence Wouldnt "FireRLeafG" Be better?

no, I was getting at that kids would know about Green's existence.

Dummy.

Wes

Iblis Wings
R-E-D-G-R-E-E-N

That was the password basically.

V Faction

www.faction.com
WaterKrystal said:
I guess when anything is data is has to break up into thousands of little bits of information whenever the life line reaches its end.

Mew: 011101001 1001 100001 0100101000 10011110100

B

Bloody Skull

I thought it was alright. Nice to see Professor Oak receive a good amount of screentime (is a fan of the professor, yes she is). I also thought Dr. Yung was an interesting character and loved the interaction he had with Oak.

Now, onto what I hated:

1. JJ&M were utterly useless. Really, they could've been given something important to do >_>

3. The intro. Man, was it cheesy.

3. The voices. They were all horrible.

Overall, 7/10. Not great, but certainly not awful.

ArrEmmDee

Hey kids!

Professor Oak is a leading Pokémon professor who is allowed to have his own Pokémon for research, training, and perhaps one of the Pokémon he had in his youth was a Dratini! Why are you all so astounded and furious he had a Dragonite?

I liked it.
Misty was unneeded, but she didn't necessarily intrude, so I don't have a real problem with it, aside from the principle of having had to put her into it unnecessarily. Dr. Yung had no real reason to bring Misty and Ash there, since all he needed was the password from Oak, and could've just tortured some other Pokémon so he'd give it up. TR was plot shafted, and a lot of characters ended up being assigned into unusual positions so they'd stay out of the way for most of the episode, apparently.

Theme song is terrible--that was just for this episode, right? o_O

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I liked Dr. Yung's reaction to Mew's first death. "Good riddance.....Flawed specimen." Very cool, probably the best dialogue in this entire episode. Shame Ash had to ruin it with a cliché, "You've got a lot of nerve talking about Mew like that :mad:"

Speaking of dialogue, I openly cringed when Misty called Ash, "Mr. Smartypants." OK, I realize the show panders to the children a lot, but can we at least have some more mature insults? -_- Especially as the rest of the Special had some surprisingly big words for Pokémon, like specimen and extract.

I was actually glad to see Oak do something here, rather than having his hair shafted off like the rest of the cast. Still, it would've been so much cooler to see Elm instead of Oak. Ah, beggars can't be choosers. Oak was good enough for me. Better than having Misty interacting with Yung(which I strongly suspected from the beginning. So I'm glad they didn't, especially as Misty would probably get some cliché line about Pokémon being our friends and such), anyhow ._.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
CyberCubed said:
Storywise, why must PokemonUSA/4kids/whoever made this constantly glorify Misty?

She's the one who gets a full battle against Aggron, gets to go with Ash inside the castle (while May and Max have to wait outside...wtf?), and is essentially the best battler.

Also, what in the world was May's, "Looks like I can do something right," line about when rescuing Misty?

Does PokemonUSA really think Misty must be constantly glorified and that May isn't as important as her, when the actual series says the exact opposite? This Misty glorification is highly irritating, thank god the Japanese writers don't do things like this.

I don't see how Misty was exactly 'glorified.' Sure she got a full battle versus Aggron, but Yung ate her alive. That's not exactly glorification.

And sure, May didn't go into the castle right away. But she did, and even saved Misty. Unless, of course, you would have rather seen Misty killed off for good in this special.......

Noone ever implied in this that Misty was better than May, I think you're just looking for things to complain about that don't exist.....