• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Ralts Master said:
No, they're too busy forgetting the first Kanto arc ever happened...
What just because theres no episodes where they meet characters from the first series, big deal it was obvious they wouldn't.

PDL

disenchanted
I kinda found it unbeleiveable how Mew was able to float around the mirage pokemon and not be attacked, you think that someone with complete control of the system would not do a thing about it.

oh yeah, and the bit about how a soul cannot be converted into data, pure corn :p

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
The Great Butler said:
Noone ever implied in this that Misty was better than May, I think you're just looking for things to complain about that don't exist.....
But she was there for the sake of being there (Like I said when this special was revieled)

BTW, what did the password spell out?
REDGREEN...as in the first two Pokémon games!

I thought the special was rather cool. Really great looking battles(Volt Tackle looked especially awesome), and Mew was so awesome(adorable, too~)! Mewtwo was pretty cool...though I was almost expecting the Mirage Master to be him(remember when he told Mew to get out?)!>_>

Yung being the Master would've came out of left field...but it seemed so obvious afterwards it seemed like something straight out of Scooby-Doo!>_<

I recorded the episode, and will watch it again to get a feel for the new VAs.

V Faction

www.faction.com
PDL said:
I kinda found it unbeleiveable how Mew was able to float around the mirage pokemon and not be attacked, you think that someone with complete control of the system would not do a thing about it.
Just one other way to dance around the plotholes and have Mew be super cute! ^_^

This episode was terrible. I did not like the plot at all, and the voiceovers were awful. It seemed superficial that mirages were so powerful and had many different attacks. Just, a bad plot idea.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Pika Hikari KT said:
Yung being the Master would've came out of left field...but it seemed so obvious afterwards it seemed like something straight out of Scooby-Doo!>_<
Yung: I would have gotten away with it to, if it wern't for you meddling kids
Ash: Didn't you invite us?

C

Crystamon

I think it was pretty okay. It wasn't like a real movie, and they had to fit it all into a one hour time-slot. So it wasn't that bad. I think the bit about Mew having a soul was neat. That's probably why Dr. Yung kept calling him a "flawed specimen." He probably would have been like all the others except for something that caused him to become "flawed."

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Gazmof said:
Can someone please clarify why May said "Looks like I can do something right"?

Misty was hanging on a ledge about to fall to her death, and May grabs her arm and saves her. Misty looks up and May says, "See? Looks like I can do something right."

Absolute BS. The scumbags at Pokemon USA/4kids constantly glorify Misty and make May look like a nobody. Disgusting.

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
Well, I managed to survive the US Exclusive special, and it made me think this: It's almost as if Janice Kawaye, the voice of Ami and her cat Tekirai, from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, is the voice of Mew.

R

RK454

Phosphate said:
This episode was terrible. I did not like the plot at all, and the voiceovers were awful. It seemed superficial that mirages were so powerful and had many different attacks. Just, a bad plot idea.

I just saw It as using legendaries to boost ratings.... Yeah It was bad....

Wes

Iblis Wings
Absolute BS. The scumbags at Pokemon USA/4kids constantly glorify Misty and make May look like a nobody. Disgusting.

Easy there buddy. Misty after all was the one who needed the saving and not May. That and she was the one who lost to Dr. Yung badly in the regular battle.

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
The only voice that I hated was James' voice. It just sounded odd. All the other voices didn't bother me too much.

Although, I kept on thinking about Monkey D. Luffy when I heard Ash's voice. Even though the two voices don't sound exactly the same, I still expected to hear Ash do Luffy's laugh XD

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Gazmof said:
Can someone please clarify why May said "Looks like I can do something right"?
They might be trying to make cirtain Misty fans shut up with their bashing of May souly because she is a female lead character (Which would also explain why May saved Misty)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Gaiash said:
They might be trying to make cirtain Misty fans shut up with their bashing of May souly because she is a female lead character (Which would also explain why May saved Misty)
OR it could be the other way around. A play on words to piss other fans off.

OR it could be nothing at all--just some stupid dialogue that people are going to get all huffy-puffy about.

I'm betting on the latter.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
V Faction said:
OR it could be the other way around. A play on words to piss other fans off.
Exactly, I mean why would she really need to say that, unless they had an arguement which I doubt.

PDL

disenchanted
and suddenly it becomes a Misty/May debate, fan-freakin-tastic.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
V Faction said:
OR it could be nothing at all--just some stupid dialogue that people are going to get all huffy-puffy about.

Judging by CC's reaction, I'd say it served its purpose.

I think I'll start to become pissy because characters I like (Adan/Noland) are no longer in the anime, or because Noland was the first Brain defeated and Brandon is being played up to be something to special.

See how pointless that is? GET OVER IT. MISTY WAS IN THIS SPECIAL ALONG SIDE MAY!

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
CyberCubed said:
Misty was hanging on a ledge about to fall to her death, and May grabs her arm and saves her. Misty looks up and May says, "See? Looks like I can do something right."

Thanks for the explanation. So I take it there was a lot of animosity between the two in the Special? Otherwise I really don't understand why May would say that. Unless PUSA believes that your average American Pokemon viewer just hates the girl and needs an excuse to reinforce that hate.