• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Wes

Iblis Wings
Looks like it. Maybe we should focus on a different character now like....Dr Yong! He seemed pretty good as he had a back story and pretty clever with his whole plan.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Storywise, why must PokemonUSA/4kids/whoever made this constantly glorify Misty?

She's the one who gets a full battle against Aggron, gets to go with Ash inside the castle (while May and Max have to wait outside...wtf?), and is essentially the best battler.

Also, what in the world was May's, "Looks like I can do something right," line about when rescuing Misty?

Does PokemonUSA really think Misty must be constantly glorified and that May isn't as important as her, when the actual series says the exact opposite? This Misty glorification is highly irritating, thank god the Japanese writers don't do things like this.
:D I'll kill myself laughing if it turns out the Japanese wrote the special.

I haven't seen it yet, but maybe May's line was simply a reference to her slight 'airhead' personality (not that she's really an airhead, but she can be a bit dizzy sometimes).

May saving Misty sounds far more like MAY-glorification to me. But hey, I'm sure a little thing like logic isn't going to prevent the Mayniacs from pissing and moaning. ;) *gets popcorn*

Last edited:

Wes

Iblis Wings
Well didn't anybody notice the beginning that the Japanese did have a hand in the special?

V Faction

www.faction.com
I didn't read anything past Satoshi Tajiri. Was it more than just the standard 'Created by' credits for the Pocket Monsters series?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jo-Jo said:
:D I'll kill myself laughing if it turns out the Japanese wrote the special.

Either way, why would May have a line saying, "See? Looks like I can do something right."

It makes it sound as if May is a bumbling idiot, who is always messing up and is not as good as Misty. I mean, if this was very early Hoenn I can see a line like that working...but in the Battle Frontier saga?

May *always* does things right, that's why she keeps winning so many Contests as well as battles. To hear May play second fiddle to Misty as if she were "below" her, is absurd.

On the bright side, there were no Pokeshipping hints in this special. ^_^ Thank god.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I don't want to sound pushy, but do you think you'll have pics for the special up quickly, Serebii? I'm asking because looking at pictures often helps me get inspiration for my fanfics and I think those pics will help me greatly.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I don't want to sound pushy, but do you think you'll have pics for the special up quickly, Serebii? I'm asking because looking at pictures often helps me get inspiration for my fanfics and I think those pics will help me greatly.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Serebii said:
According to The Big Al, I was right and the Japanese did write it so nuh :p

Oh the irony.

CyberCubed said:
May *always* does things right, that's why she keeps winning so many Contests as well as battles. To hear May play second fiddle to Misty as if she were "below" her, is absurd.

But it's not as if Misty is a slouch in battle herself. She is a Gym leader and, as much as I love May, my money would be on Misty winning a 1-on-1 battle. Now, a contest, on the other hand...

But I definitely understand your anger at that line. It sounds like something May would've said in the first five Hoenn episodes, not after competing in a Grand Festival.

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
I was looking forward to this special but it really wasnt that great in my opinion and im not usually one to complain about Pokemon episodes. Right from the start i was disappointed. The animation looked really weird. Did the Japanese artists do this or was it some american trying to copy it? The professor was cool but him being the master mind was kinda obvious after a little while. The mirage pokemon were cool and im glad Houndoom, Mightyena and Absol were amungst them. Machoke and Machamp i could have done without. They appear so much its annoying. Mewtwo as another main pokemon for a special, eh its getting old. Mewtwo is awesome yes but is it really the strongest of all pokemon? The cool thing about this Mewtwo is how other pokemons heads appeared on its hands to do attacks. Reminded me of Apocylamon in Digimon season 1. I did like seeing Mew, its so darn cute. Cant wait for the 9th movie. All in all it was an ok special, not great or good just ok.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
CyberCubed said:
Either way, why would May have a line saying, "See? Looks like I can do something right."
One can only HOPE it was supposed to mean something different but they used the wrong words

CyberCubed said:
It makes it sound as if May is a bumbling idiot, who is always messing up and is not as good as Misty. I mean, if this was very early Hoenn I can see a line like that working...but in the Battle Frontier saga?
What bothers me is its not the kind of thing you'd say to someone unless you've had an arguement which means the line is obviously supposed to mean something.

CyberCubed said:
Quoted for truth

CyberCubed said:
On the bright side, there were no Pokeshipping hints in this special. ^_^ Thank god.
Thank God

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
i cant wait to see it though xD

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
:D Dunno. Ask the Japanese writers. (if they did indeed write it... eheh. ^^;; )

Sounds to me like the two girls were quite nicely balanced out. Misty got to go in with Ash and battle Yung; May saved Misty from a squishy death. Nobody was glorified or bashed. Exactly as expected.

May *always* does things right
No, she doesn't. She does some things right, some things wrong, and some things she lucks out on. Just like all the other characters. I swear you want May to be a Mary-Sue.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No, but it's nice to see May not play second fiddle whenever Misty happens to show up. In the Mirage Kingdom episodes it was fine, since the entire storyline was centered around Togepi, so it made sense. Misty was the heroine in that 2-parter.

The Cleffa episode was also great, because both Misty and May bonded/showed concern for darling little Max. Excellent.

In this special though, Misty took center stage for most of the episode. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't give May that horrible line that degrades her character.

In any case, even in an U.S. produced special does Brock get the shaft! Heck, the guy was written out for most of the episode.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Jo-Jo said:
No, she doesn't. She does some things right, some things wrong, and some things she lucks out on. Just like all the other characters. I swear you want May to be a Mary-Sue.
Buts its not sometimes is it?

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
In this special though, Misty took center stage for most of the episode. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't give May that horrible line that degrades her character.
Professor Oak had the most speaking lines in the special.

Oh CRAP! Could he be taking potential away from May and degrading her as a character?

Quick! We need to act!! Make May a Professor of Pokemon right this instant! We can call her Professor Pussywillow!

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
It was just a self-deprecating little joke. I don't see what the big deal is.

Professor Oak had the most speaking lines in the special.

Oh CRAP! Could he be taking potential away from May and degrading her as a character?

Quick! We need to act!! Make May a Professor of Pokemon right this instant! We can call her Professor Pussywillow!
lol