• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour!

Twentington

Outta here!
(an opening note to the mod that sees this to please close Serebii Squares - otherwise, this game would not be possible)

THE MATCH GAME HOLLYWOOD SQUARES HOUR (not necessarily an hour long)

Here's how it works.

We wheel in 5 celebrities for Match Game; I will sit in the lower right. (someone else will be hosting Match Game, per Hour tradition)

Also wheeled in are two new contestants; they'll play the game.

The contestant in the first spot will be given a choice of A or B; that'll determine the question they play; with each new round, the player in the lead makes the first pick; if a tie, whoever didn't go first in the last round picks first.

Once a letter is chosen, the host will read a statement; the statement will have a << BLANK >> in it somewhere. The object of this part of the game is for the player to match as many stars as possible. There will be three rounds played for the contestants to match each star. (For the record, once all stars have sent their responses in, THEN the player gives their response to fill in the blank; then we poll the stars.)

Example: I have a TV Guide listing. Wednesday night, TNT, "Dallas". Ol' J.R.
Ewing thinks he's about to buy Southfork Ranch from his brother Bobby.
Turns out J.R.'s been tricked and has ended up buying << BLANK >>
instead.

Once a player matches a star, that star cannot be matched again by the same player for the remainder of Match Game.

If we have a 6-6 tie before the third round, or a tie in general at the end of Round 3, we move on to a tiebreaker. A short fill in the blank phrase will be given; the players will get to see 4 things that will fill in the blank, and they will lock in their choice by number. We then pull answers from the celebrities, starting in the top left; whoever's choice is matched first wins the game and goes to Hollywood Squares.

Otherwise, the player with the most points moves on to the squares; the loser will receive $100 for each match.

We then wheel in 3 more celebrities, and the hosts trade places for...

Hollywood Squares

Same rules as Serebii Squares - player chooses star, who is asked question. Star makes joke, then gives answer. Player agrees or disagrees. If they're right, they get the square - if they're wrong, their opponent does.

In the first two rounds, squares are worth $500 and the round is worth $2000. In Round 3, those values double. They double again in Round 4, and in the event we make it to round 5, the values double one more time.

The Secret Square Stash will carry over from Serebii Squares.

When time's called, whoever has more money wins the game, and the hosts trade spots once more for...

SUPER MATCH

The first part of the "Super Match" is the "Audience Match". The Serebii audience will be polled for its best response to a short phrase with a blank in it, like Give it BLANK. Anyone that isn't a contestant, celebrity, or host can provide an answer to this blank.

The three most popular answers will be taken for this poll. The player can then call on three celebrities for assistance to complete the phrase (responses will be given on the thread). The player then chooses what he/she thinks will be the top answer.

The top answer in the survey is worth $2,000. The second most popular answer is worth half that, or $1,000. Third most popular is worth $500.

Should the player choose an answer not within the top 3, they will win $250.

The second part of the "Super Match" is the "Head-to-Head Match". Each of the nine stars will have a hidden multiplier card. The player picks a star, who reveals his/her multiplier card. Four stars will each have a multiplier of 20, four stars will have a multiplier of 30, and one star will be so fortunate to have a multiplier of 50. The amount won in the "Audience Match" times the multiplier number of the selected star will be the amount of the HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH BANK. (Which means that if you win $2,000 in the "Audience Match", and then pick the 50, you'll be going for $100,000.)

The star that is picked will be given a short phrase, similar to the "Audience Match". The player will then give his/her response to that same phrase. If they match exactly, the player wins the HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH JACKPOT!

(Misspellings are OK, and plurals might match. Otherwise, a mismatch is a mismatch.)

That player will return to the next episode, and represent X in Hollywood Squares. A champ can remain for a maximum of five episodes.

----------------

OK, here's the situation. Codi Kenhai is our champion from the last Serebii Squares. He'll play the X in the squares.

- Our cohost is SUPPOSED to be Sarcastic Oshawott. However, owing to current circumstances, should he leave, our runner up from the co-host search will take his place. I've already contacted that person.

- We need 8 stars. The bottom-left spot is reserved for the hosts (I will sit in the spot in Match Game and Super Match, our other host will for Squares). Please specify who you'd like to be and where you want to sit on the panel. A reminder that if you choose the top row, you will be waiting until Hollywood Squares starts.

Other than that, Destroyer39 has requested a Match Game celebrity spot (please check in and verify where you'd like to be on the panel). So we need 7 stars and 2 contestants. Who wants in?!?

Twentington

Outta here!
We've been approved, but we're on page 2, so moving this up.

Haven't heard from our host search runner up yet...

Twentington

Outta here!
Me wants to be star/celebrity ^_^

Oh how I miss this show D:

Edit: Where Richard Dawson sat

Top right ^_^

What star would you like to be?

(see the former Serebii Squares for examples)

EDIT: Top right means you'll be only playing in Hollywood Squares and the Super Match. Just to be sure, are you alright with that?

Stereotypical Nerd

What star would you like to be?

(see the former Serebii Squares for examples)

EDIT: Top right means you'll be only playing in Hollywood Squares and the Super Match. Just to be sure, are you alright with that?

Nevermind then. Any ol' place is fine with me :p

I want to do regular match though

Twentington

Outta here!
The randomizer slipped you in at center-left. Now, regarding the other question... or would you just like to play yourself?

Twentington

Outta here!
We'll just pretend he didn't die this year.

(In all honesty, it seems like quite a few game show people have left us this year. I remember predicting at one point that Bob Barker was going next. So far, I've been wrong.)

We're slowly making progress!

Stereotypical Nerd

We'll just pretend he didn't die this year.

(In all honesty, it seems like quite a few game show people have left us this year. I remember predicting at one point that Bob Barker was going next. So far, I've been wrong.)

We're slowly making progress!

Ikr... When he died... D:

Dick Clark too.

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
actually id like to be a contestant please

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright. We have our contestants for our first show, we just need a total of 7 more celebrities. Who wants in?

Twentington

Outta here!
The randomizer chose the Brett Somers Suite (read: middle row, middle seat) for you.

Um, I may have to find a new cohost. Our alternate hasn't been on at all today...

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
I'd like to be a celebrity in any spot, really. I'll be Steven from Hoenn, please