• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The May/Haruka Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoordinatingMaster

Contestshipper <3
Do you think May might come back for Isshu along with her brother Max?

I hope she does come back for at least a little while. She could come back with all the girls this time. May and Dawn could compete in contests together if they have them in Isshu.

Last edited:

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
In case you're wondering, I've been lurking here all along...not posting only because I didn't have anything to say. :p

Aww that's lame :( You should post!

Yes. I agree. Big changes. *stares at May*

Do you think May might come back for Isshu along with her brother Max?
If they confirm that Pokemon Contests can be found in Isshu, then it is possible to see May again. If not, then all the writers have to do is to give a reason why May's in Isshu, like following:
  1. May has a sexy twin cousin named Lyn who lives in Isshu and May wants to visit her. Once she arrives in Isshu, trouble ensues.
  2. May found an interest in Pokeathlons, so yeah.
  3. May decides to try out the kind of life that her dad wanted her to live, so now, she's out to collect all of the Isshu Badges.
  4. Bikini Contests are being held all over Isshu, and May wants to win them all.

As for Max, he'll most likely go to Isshu for the badges. They might throw him into a Legendary-Pokemon-centric plot. He has been known to befriend certain special Pokemon in the past...

Hahaha.

I love the bikini contest idea :p Also the sexy twin cousin idea doesn't sound too bad ;)

You know, I could never decide whether I liked Max or not, he's just so annoying haha.

@midnight: Aww, that's sad. :( And whatever happened to Richie?

Yeah, what happened to Richie :S He just disappeared.

Do you think May might come back for Isshu along with her brother Max? I hope she does come back for at least a little while. She could come back with all the girls this time. May and Dawn could compete in contests together if they have them in Isshu.

It would be cool to have them both competing in contests together.

Hazel_Nut

@CoordinatingMaster: Absolutely~

@Yani: Heh. I really didn't want to spam one-liners~

Of course he's annoying, he's a little brother~ *not like I have one*

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
@Yani: Heh. I really didn't want to spam one-liners~

Of course he's annoying, he's a little brother~ *not like I have one*

Hahaha true. I'm sure you could have thought of something to post though :)

True, I have one and that makes sense. They are awesome to have sometimes though :p

Sorry for my lack of posting, my internet randomly cut again and I couldn't find a place to access the internet :/ I hope you're all okay though. Has anyone got a topic to post?

Astral Arrow

Well I'd like to join if that is ok with all of you.

My three reasons? Well, um... here they are!

1) I found May much more relatable than Misty or Dawn. Sure, she has a temper at times, but it's more controlled than Misty's, and her hesitance and insecurities at the beginning were cute. Plus... and this may sound stupid, but I'm a big fan of a May shipping I made up.

2) Favorite May moment? Hmmm... it's so hard to choose just ONE, but from the Hoenn Saga... I'd say when it's revealed about the Tentacool incident... and any time someone messes with her food! Oh and the strip on the beach... the look on Ash and Max's faces were absolutely priceless!

3) I particularly like that May doesn't seem to have a favorite Pokémon, like Ash's Pikachu or Dawn's Piplup, but loves them all the same. I can't seem to find any of the old Advanced episodes on TV, so the only one I've seen recently is the Wallace Cup, but I liked how she comforted her Glaceon after she lost.

P.S.: BTW, You know you're a May fanboy when you scream in frustration over the defeat of a FICTIONAL CHARACTER...

Do I qualify?

Astral Arrow

Hi Leon! You can just call me Arrow.

The shipping I invented I call AdvancedTailShipping, also SuperAppealShipping and SapphireMoonShipping, and it's a ship between Gohan (yes, THAT Gohan, the one from DBZ) and May, naturally. This is only for a crossover I'm making.

I would love to see May return, but sadly I've come to accept that will not happen. I AM hoping, however, that she will make at least ONE appearance in a future ep. Who knows, maybe there's an exclusive contest in Isshu that very few people can attend, and May (among others, Dawn, Zoey, Drew, etc) along with the new female protagonist is invited.

Some topics I will discus.

Do you like May's old outfit better than her new one?

I like both of May's outfits, the second gave her a more mature look but I'd have to say I like the first better because red suits her better for some reason. Plus it contrasted nicely to Ash's blue! :D

Do you think May should have her own show?

Yes, I do! I think May's adventures in Johto would make an excellent spin-off series but sadly, the writers never seemed to realize this. It would have been utterly cool to see the before episodes (before she learned about the WC) and then the after episodes when she returned to Johto.

Who do you think May has a crush on?

I think she likes both Ash AND Drew but my theory is she would more likely end up with Ash. Sorry Contestshippers, that's just my theory.

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
I wish to join because May is awesome.

Because, she is cool, and also, because she is one of the (as far as cartoon characters go) one of the most beautiful.*

*I am not the first to say that. I have seen someone say that she is sexy!

Astral Arrow

I totally agree with you there, Mewkachu, that May is one of the most beautiful cartoon characters. :D

One thing I'd LOVE to have see on the anime is May taking a mentor role to Dawn, kind of like what Ash with her.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Well I'd like to join if that is ok with all of you.

My three reasons? Well, um... here they are!

1) I found May much more relatable than Misty or Dawn. Sure, she has a temper at times, but it's more controlled than Misty's, and her hesitance and insecurities at the beginning were cute. Plus... and this may sound stupid, but I'm a big fan of a May shipping I made up.

2) Favorite May moment? Hmmm... it's so hard to choose just ONE, but from the Hoenn Saga... I'd say when it's revealed about the Tentacool incident... and any time someone messes with her food! Oh and the strip on the beach... the look on Ash and Max's faces were absolutely priceless!

3) I particularly like that May doesn't seem to have a favorite Pokémon, like Ash's Pikachu or Dawn's Piplup, but loves them all the same. I can't seem to find any of the old Advanced episodes on TV, so the only one I've seen recently is the Wallace Cup, but I liked how she comforted her Glaceon after she lost.

P.S.: BTW, You know you're a May fanboy when you scream in frustration over the defeat of a FICTIONAL CHARACTER...

Do I qualify?
Hey, welcome to the club :) You definitely qualify, and I guess I'm just going to forget about asking people to watch out with the spoilers because no one seems to bother anymore haha. I'll add you to the first post.

I would love to see May return, but sadly I've come to accept that will not happen. I AM hoping, however, that she will make at least ONE appearance in a future ep. Who knows, maybe there's an exclusive contest in Isshu that very few people can attend, and May (among others, Dawn, Zoey, Drew, etc) along with the new female protagonist is invited.

Some topics I will discus.

Do you like May's old outfit better than her new one?

I like both of May's outfits, the second gave her a more mature look but I'd have to say I like the first better because red suits her better for some reason. Plus it contrasted nicely to Ash's blue! :D

Yes, I do! I think May's adventures in Johto would make an excellent spin-off series but sadly, the writers never seemed to realize this. It would have been utterly cool to see the before episodes (before she learned about the WC) and then the after episodes when she returned to Johto.

Who do you think May has a crush on?

I think she likes both Ash AND Drew but my theory is she would more likely end up with Ash. Sorry Contestshippers, that's just my theory.

I would love a contest like that too! :D

I like her first one better too, but I do agree that the second made her seem more mature. Well, I'm actually not so sure about that, since her chest seemed to become much smaller with the second outfit haha.

Yeah there could be a lot of awesome spin-offs :/ The writers don't want to do them apparently.

Haha :D

I wish to join because May is awesome.

Because, she is cool, and also, because she is one of the (as far as cartoon characters go) one of the most beautiful.*

*I am not the first to say that. I have seen someone say that she is sexy!

Well I was going to let you join, but you're banned haha.

Yeah, I think I was the person who said that :p

I totally agree with you there, Mewkachu, that May is one of the most beautiful cartoon characters. :D

One thing I'd LOVE to have see on the anime is May taking a mentor role to Dawn, kind of like what Ash with her.

I agree :p

Yeah I think she did that already :S

Sorry for not posting in a while, I'm in Thailand and I was really sick and the internet sucks over here so yeah... No way for me to post :/

Arceusgamer14

I wish, because we never got to see the new Pokemon Chronicles. What the heck. 8(

Astral Arrow

Thanks. And spoilers are not allowed? Hmmm must have missed that somewhere.........

Yeah you like my idea? I doubt it will happen though because to the writers, there would be no need to bring her back or any of the old rivals. But I can dream, I can dream... I even thought up a name for it! The Isshu Galaxy Cup, with the Galaxy Ribbon (a BLACK ribbon) as the main prize. XD

OK quick question: Would you like to see May have a real fan club in the TV show like we do here?

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
I wish, because we never got to see the new Pokemon Chronicles. What the heck. 8(

Yeah tell me about it :(

Thanks. And spoilers are not allowed? Hmmm must have missed that somewhere.........

Yeah you like my idea? I doubt it will happen though because to the writers, there would be no need to bring her back or any of the old rivals. But I can dream, I can dream... I even thought up a name for it! The Isshu Galaxy Cup, with the Galaxy Ribbon (a BLACK ribbon) as the main prize. XD

OK quick question: Would you like to see May have a real fan club in the TV show like we do here?

Haha I think we should just forget about that. Maybe just stick to the latest episodes and stuff then :p No one seems to notice that rule anyway :p

That would actually be pretty cool haha. I just hope she gets back into the anime somehow.

Hahaha I'm not so sure about that, if I understand what you're saying correctly that is.

Astral Arrow

Looking back to the first post, I realized something: I don't know how to create spoiler tags, so I guess I'll just have to make do. It's a good thing it's not an enforced rule, then, eh? :D

In passing only is the way I foresee it happening. Didn't Ash mention May the first time they met Cyrus?

You have a point. If it was a coordinator club I could understand that, but if it was just a club to worship her personally.... Lol now I can't seem to get the hilarious mental picture of a mortified May out of my mind!

Three more topics for me to discuss!

Do you like the fact that May didn't capture Johto-native Pokémon?

May didn't capture any new Johto Pokémon? Well, I have no problem with that because as fast-paced as the introduction episodes are, any new Pokémon appearances would have made the rest too chaotic. Maybe she could catch a few in later episodes, though. I'm rooting for her catching a Mareep or its evolutions. Or perhaps a Miltank.

Would you have liked it if Max didn't follow May everywhere?

I think Max following May was kind of cute. He's learning all he can about Pokémon before becoming a trainer so it makes sense that he would travel with those who already have their own Pokémon, so why not his sister and friends? I really don't see what problem some people have against Max. Sure, he's annoying at times, but I think they're forgetting most real life kids ARE. Plus we all have our moments. Actually, I thought it made the Hoenn Saga pretty unique because there were four protagonists, not the traditional "three." However, I think adding Max again would be a mistake. He's older, a little wiser, and much closing to his goal of actually becoming a trainer. He can only follow May/Ash/Brock so long before he has to follow his own path. And I know, talking WAY too much about Max on a May forum. MOVING ON!

Do you think May is better off with Ash And Co?

Actually, no. As I said above, Max has to follow his own path, and so does May. At the beginning she didn't know that much about Pokémon and only wanted to travel. Now she's grown to love Pokémon and is a very able and adept coordinator. Why not give her a chance to test her own skills? Granted, it might be lonely traveling on your own from time to time, but then, that's what phones were invented for! :D It always irked me a little that after Misty and May BOTH left they had no scenes (even in passing conversation) where the main co talked about how they were doing back home...

Can I invent my own topics? If I can, here ya go.

Do you think May should have found someone to travel with in Johto?

What region do you think May should go to once the Johto Grand Festival is over?

That's it.

Hazel_Nut

Nice. Looks like we're back in business! :D

@Arrow: Hey there, and welcome! :3 Name's Hazel_Nut, you can call me Nutty. I'm one of the rare girls in this club.

Speaking of strange shippings, did I mention I also ship Dawn X Richie for the simple reason that I don't like Paul?
Sadly, the writers don't realize anything. :( Speaking of spin-offs, I sure was tricked by those fanarts all that time ago. The ones with May and Drew in different outfits looking a bit older, with the Pokemon logo in the corner? I almost thought there seriously was a Contestshipping Johto spin-off.
Really now? I don't support that fact because then I'd have no one to ship Misty with, plus I pretty much dislike Ash. So I don't think he deserves May. And hate-love is cute. Plus, Taylor Swift seems like a Contestshipper in disguise with "Teardrops on my Guitar."

Yeah, I would have loved to see that too. *Sigh*

Just for reference:
content[/SPOILER*]
will become
content
When you take off the asterisk.

Being a rabid Contestshipper, and also because of those fanarts, I sure wish she went with Drew. And maybe Richie. I don't see him often anymore, and he's my second favorite character. (In case you care, Tory is my third and Dawn is probably my fourth) They could have a spin-off, and Dawn could join in when Isshu comes and another girl replaces her. And Max could make occasional cameos, along with those other lonely characters the writers created, kept for one episode and threw out. That would absolutely compel me to watch the anime again.

What region do you think May should go to once the Johto Grand Festival is over?

Although I'm not I huge fan of it, I would like to see May got to Kanto. It'll give us fans the classic feel of the good ol' originals without May bumping into Ash and co. too often for us to enjoy. After all, I want a new taste of the anime, like I had when I watched Pokemon Chronicles.

Speaking of Pokemon Chronicles...there was a new season?!

CoordinatingMaster

Contestshipper <3
Hey. I'm back. :p

I'm a huge contestshipping fan so I would say Drew would be a great person to travel with. It would show us a different side of Drew. May's other rivals like Harley and Solidad would be awesome too. They could be like the happy family that Harley said. Lol.

I guess she could go to the Sinnoh region. After Ash is done with the Sinnoh League the Johto Grand Festival would probably be over and she hasn't traveled in Sinnoh if you don't count the Wallace Cup.

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon

To reply to this question, I shall take the answer I gave for an old topic:
Should May Have Her Own Show?

--> Fun Answer: There'll be two siblings who rollerblade to Prof. Elm's lab to get their starters. Along the way, they meet May, whose Blaziken accidentally burn their rollerskates into ashes (because Pikachu has a patent on the bike gag). Drew, Harley and Solidad also tag along... Harley cooks while Drew and Solidad act as the voices of reason. May also takes on the role of mentor to the two kids who lost their rollerskates. Drew's running gag would involve him wearing various disguises to evade the onslaught of fangirls, only to get his plans of escape being twarted by May, usually by accident. [Yes, I mentioned this in the old May Club thread... I'm just being creative while being utterly unoriginal...]

Astral Arrow

Wow I'm really pleased to see the response my topics have generated! Awesome! XD

Lol I tend to support Advanceshipping a lot but I don't knock others' beliefs if they say different. You have your opinion, and I have mine, and that's just fine with me. It's not up to us anyway, and that's a GOOD thing, because a bloody, chaotic riot would ensure between Contestshipping fans and Advanceshipping fans, the list goes on and on... :D Like I stated, I DO think May has a crush on BOTH boys, because there were plenty of hints in the anime, though who she will end up with remains to be seen (if it happens at all.) But I've talked enough about this touchy subject, so MOVING ON!

There were pictures of an older May and Drew? Where did you find them? Can I have a link, please?

Yeah, I think most likely she would go to Sinnoh (most probably not shown or mentioned on screen at all, though) because where else would there BE to go besides Isshu (where of course we'll have a new female protagonist and a totally new fanbase complete with LOTS and LOTS of new shipping)? She already lost in Hoenn and Kanto, and we'll probably never find out what happened in Johto. In MY fic, she still loses, but this gives her resolution, especially since she forfeits to go help someone else.

OK that's it from me. And thanks for the kind welcomes, everybody! I feel accepted.

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Alright, I'm unbanned... so, can I join now?

Anyways, yeah, May would've been better with Ash than Drew.

Hazel_Nut

@Arrow: Yeah, I'm a Contestshipper (an AVID Contestshipper~), but I wouldn't start a riot just because other people have their opinion. XD

As for the fanart, I just usually see those in Contestshipping AMVs (after my Contestshipping journey, I feel like I've watched every Contestshipping amv known to man), but I do have a weird feeling I've seen them in Photobucket before...The logo in the corner read, "Pokemon Legends," if that helps. I don't see themt very often anymore. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.