• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The May/Haruka Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Woah it's been a while and I didn't even realise :S Summer holidays... They tend to do that :p

Welcome back!

Anyway:Other reasons why May should make a cameo in bw other than the musical:

Because it would, of course, be a great re-union for us May fans!
In all seriousness, there could be shippy hints if it happens...
A-thank-youuuu :p

I hope not about the musical... The idea of them doesn't really do it for me haha

(man, I haven't done this in a while...but, hey, why not?)

Um, hi there! I'm Sumner Sturgeon, as you can plainly see, though I still prefer to go by "CC" among friends. I used to frequent the club forums a long time ago, until my favourite ones were all deleted. >> As for why I'm here, May is pretty much my favourite female Pokemon protagonist ever, even though I'm...not entirely happy with what the anime did with her. Don't get me wrong, I love her personality, it's just that I was bothered by how she was separated entirely from the various in-game characters I had come to associate her with (Brendan, Wally, Steven, etc...) and squished into Ash's group. But, enough about that! I'd like to join you guys, since I still love May all the same, and would enjoy talking about her and such.

(I was nervous mostly because the fans here seem to primarily love animeverse May; don't kill me for not thinking the same! *hides*)
Glad to see someone joining with a different point of view on May! That's bound to create some discussion :D I'd love to hear your views on May! Welcome to the club! Sorry it took so long to accept you :p I've been busy!

I'll answer some questions....
If you could choose different colours for May's clothes, what would you choose and why?
I would choose a blue one next cuz I tried drawing her in blue once,it looked cute~

Do you think May and Ash are a good couple?
Hell yes! xDDD

What is your favourite May shipping?
AdvanceShipping forever~ :3

How would you feel/react if you actually met May?
Well,it's sorta impossible,I mean,she's an Anime character...
but it did said "if" so,I might like,over-react? :3

Which of May's Pokemon is your favourite?
Eevee,Skitty,Bulbasaur, and Beautifly,definitely~ =D

What is your favorite May outfit?
The gown she wore at Movie 8,her Wallace Cup outfit,her Hoenn and Sinnoh outfit, and her Nurse Joy outfit xDDD
Blue does look nice on her! I'd love to see black as well actually!

@Yani: Sorry, you went missing so i thought to welcome a few people while your gone. i won't do it again. =D

If you could choose different colours for May's clothes, what would you choose and why?
For fanservice reasons, i would go black. hehe. think about it. Hm, maybe sky blue. i mean red and orange look really nice and it's hard to find other colour that will match her. Pink isn't going to work and so won't purple and a few others.

Blaiken because its awesome. hands down.

Advanceshippingg yeahhh! but i'm a major fan for Sapphirepearlshipping (MayxDawn) because their hot togetherrrr their super cute together!

If i say yes, will that be bashing for the contestshippers here? I think their a nice couple. i like Dawn with her and in some cases, Drew.
Don't worry about it ;) At least you've been posting :D Activityyy!

I think May might come back again when (If) the RS remakes are released! But I think Dawn might come back first before May. Who knows!
Yeah that makes sense, hopefully it's much sooner though haha

Summer holidays are here so more Pokemon time woohoo! I'm going to be re-reading a few of my favourite fanfics so I'm definitely going to be way more active haha. Glad to see you all posting!

Join!!!

Hello, I would love to join this club since I am a May/Haruka fan myself. I simply just adore her, her character that is. I found May to be somewhat more mature... respectable compared to Misty and Dawn. Misty and Dawn both have their quirks, and personality wise are not bad but it would seem I favor a more gentle persona. With the addition of Max in the anime series it helped give May the caring sister image, which I found pleasing. Of course, May wasn't all gentle, her appetite gives her the good balance of humor as well.

(Though I believe much of my attraction to May/Haruka is because of her voice actress, both in the American and Japanese versions :p)

I am also a fan of the May within the games because the character is indeed nice but I also found her design to be subtly attractive.

Now to answer some questions presented in the club:

In a sense, yes. If Pokemon had romance as one of it's genres, May has potential since the change in personality wouldn't seem so drastic, but the fact that Ash has nothing but Pokemon in his head, I beg to differ.

Nua! I am a ShoppingShipper! For some particular reason, the pairing between May and Brock catches my fancy. Regarding this I drew a simple fan-art concerning these two, and it's a light scene with both of them shopping. Please enjoy. :)

I honestly don't know... If I met her would she be considered a celebrity? Or would we be two strangers meeting for the first time... I mean, I know her but she doesn't know me and... I'll have to get back to you on this one.

All the clothes she has been seen in, May simply fits perfectly into any cute little outfit, photogenic. :3

-Thank You-

yhyiannis said:
Glad to see someone joining with a different point of view on May! That's bound to create some discussion I'd love to hear your views on May! Welcome to the club! Sorry it took so long to accept you :p I've been busy!
Thank you! ^^ I'm happy to see that I and my views are welcome here~ I'll be certain to contribute as much interesting activity as I can, what with my apparently unique perspective and all. xP And, lol, it's okay, I don't mind that it took a little while for me to processed; I'm just happy to be here!

That said, I do believe I'll start by answering the questions that everyone else has been answering...

Blue, most likely, since I thought it looked really nice on Sapphire in the manga. Yeah, yeah, I know, cross-canon counterparts, but really, aside from a couple of...particular features, they have pretty much the same figure. XD Ergo, I think the same colours would look good on them. Another choice would probably be a purely black outfit, just for Rule of Cool's sake.

Hm...sorry, no. ^^;; No offence to Advanceshippers, but it's just not my thing.

HOENNSHIPPING. x3 Seriously, I think I actually joined this site entirely for the sake of Hoennshipping. XD I just think May and Brendan look really, really cute together, plus their interactions in the games (especially Emerald) are so adorable~ On top of that, Hoennshipping's kinda decreased in popularity in recent years, so I figure someone's gotta stick with it, and it might as well be me. There's a degree of pride to be had in going down with one's ship, so to speak.

I...would feel quite nervous, seeing as she's so pretty and all. XD Then I'd probably be curious, and start asking her all kinds of questions about what it's like to have real Pokemon and such.

Blaziken, hands-down. Cool design, great attacks, and an all-around badass to boot.

Probably her Emerald outfit, but I have a soft spot for her Wallace Cup costume from the anime too.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Goody, there's some activity!

What is your favourite May outfit?
I'm a guy who doesn't know much about clothes, but I liked her Wallace Cup Final Outfit.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Hello, I would love to join this club since I am a May/Haruka fan myself. I simply just adore her, her character that is. I found May to be somewhat more mature... respectable compared to Misty and Dawn. Misty and Dawn both have their quirks, and personality wise are not bad but it would seem I favor a more gentle persona. With the addition of Max in the anime series it helped give May the caring sister image, which I found pleasing. Of course, May wasn't all gentle, her appetite gives her the good balance of humor as well.

(Though I believe much of my attraction to May/Haruka is because of her voice actress, both in the American and Japanese versions :p)

I am also a fan of the May within the games because the character is indeed nice but I also found her design to be subtly attractive.

Now to answer some questions presented in the club:

In a sense, yes. If Pokemon had romance as one of it's genres, May has potential since the change in personality wouldn't seem so drastic, but the fact that Ash has nothing but Pokemon in his head, I beg to differ.

Nua! I am a ShoppingShipper! For some particular reason, the pairing between May and Brock catches my fancy. Regarding this I drew a simple fan-art concerning these two, and it's a light scene with both of them shopping. Please enjoy. :)

I honestly don't know... If I met her would she be considered a celebrity? Or would we be two strangers meeting for the first time... I mean, I know her but she doesn't know me and... I'll have to get back to you on this one.

All the clothes she has been seen in, May simply fits perfectly into any cute little outfit, photogenic. :3

-Thank You-
Welcome to the club! I agree completely with what you say about May. Her voice actors are hot? I'll have to check them out haha.

I'm not a fan of MayxBrock but that's a great picture!

Good thoughts... Would she be a celebrity or just another person who you already know of? Never thought of it that way.

Thank you! ^^ I'm happy to see that I and my views are welcome here~ I'll be certain to contribute as much interesting activity as I can, what with my apparently unique perspective and all. xP And, lol, it's okay, I don't mind that it took a little while for me to processed; I'm just happy to be here!

That said, I do believe I'll start by answering the questions that everyone else has been answering...

Blue, most likely, since I thought it looked really nice on Sapphire in the manga. Yeah, yeah, I know, cross-canon counterparts, but really, aside from a couple of...particular features, they have pretty much the same figure. XD Ergo, I think the same colours would look good on them. Another choice would probably be a purely black outfit, just for Rule of Cool's sake.

Hm...sorry, no. ^^;; No offence to Advanceshippers, but it's just not my thing.

HOENNSHIPPING. x3 Seriously, I think I actually joined this site entirely for the sake of Hoennshipping. XD I just think May and Brendan look really, really cute together, plus their interactions in the games (especially Emerald) are so adorable~ On top of that, Hoennshipping's kinda decreased in popularity in recent years, so I figure someone's gotta stick with it, and it might as well be me. There's a degree of pride to be had in going down with one's ship, so to speak.

I...would feel quite nervous, seeing as she's so pretty and all. XD Then I'd probably be curious, and start asking her all kinds of questions about what it's like to have real Pokemon and such.

Blaziken, hands-down. Cool design, great attacks, and an all-around badass to boot.

Probably her Emerald outfit, but I have a soft spot for her Wallace Cup costume from the anime too.

We're glad to have your views! It's nice to discuss these thigns a and it creates activity. Yeah well I'm still sorry about that :p I have been busy :p

Hahaha "particular features". She does look good in both blue and black though yes!

To each his own! :)

Yeah lots of people join forums because of shipping :p

Blaziken does rock! My favourite starter along with Feraligatr and Serperior!

Goody, there's some activity!

What is your favourite May outfit?
I'm a guy who doesn't know much about clothes, but I liked her Wallace Cup Final Outfit.

Yay activity! :D

It was a nice outfit and many people seem to think so. It had a slightly Arab feel to it as well actually. It was really nice.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Hi my name is Pokemon Player and I want to join because May is the hottst character in Pokemon ever!
Plus she has an epic Blaziken, so it's win-win!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I only just remembered what it looked like when you said it has an "Arab" look!
Nonetheless, it is pretty hot.

BTW, I looked up Brendan on a name site and it meant Prince, so... (insert something about Hoennshipping).

If I am allowed to, may I ask a question?
If not, disregard the question.

If May became pregnant, who do you wish to be the father?

Knowing me, has to be Drew, but Ash could be a inspirational father.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Hi my name is Pokemon Player and I want to join because May is the hottst character in Pokemon ever!
Plus she has an epic Blaziken, so it's win-win!

Welcome Pokemon Player! Yeah her Blaziken was definitely a factor for me first starting to like her! It's my favourite starter along with Feraligatr and now Serperior actually.

I only just remembered what it looked like when you said it has an "Arab" look!
Nonetheless, it is pretty hot.

BTW, I looked up Brendan on a name site and it meant Prince, so... (insert something about Hoennshipping).

If I am allowed to, may I ask a question?
If not, disregard the question.

If May became pregnant, who do you wish to be the father?

Knowing me, has to be Drew, but Ash could be a inspirational father.

LOL I'm sorry but, that question just sounds so much like "who do you want May to be with?". But I'll allow it because this does bring up deeper topics as it's about who is more mature and who would be more fun I guess... For the child? Haha I don't know, I want to say Ash because like you said, he'd be very inspirational, and because he's kind and caring, but Drew seems to be much more mature and could teach the child and treat May in ways that Ash couldn't. In the end, this is a topic with a very subjective answer as it all depends on what other people's views of a father are.

PokemonQueen1

Sabrina/Natsume
I would like to join because I really like May and think she is awesome. Why? Because she has great pokemon. ( Torchic is sooo cute! I even have a plushie of Torchic!) I was very sad that she had to go. She was my favorite of the main girls. I also like her great personality!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
No!!! I better post before this club falls off the first page!!!

Anyway:

How would you feel/react if you met May?

If she wasn't a celebrity, I'd try and become friends with her quite quickly...but I'd probably scare her off unfortunately...

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
I would like to join because I really like May and think she is awesome. Why? Because she has great pokemon. ( Torchic is sooo cute! I even have a plushie of Torchic!) I was very sad that she had to go. She was my favorite of the main girls. I also like her great personality!

Welcome to the club! I hope you have lots to discuss and post frequently :p

No!!! I better post before this club falls off the first page!!!

Anyway:

If she wasn't a celebrity, I'd try and become friends with her quite quickly...but I'd probably scare her off unfortunately...

You did it! :p

Not as much activity going on as I would have liked but at least we're getting some posts! Everyone keeps joining then disappearing though :/

We really need some sort of update on May in the anime, would really help us out with activity!

Foxyvulpixie

thug life

Try to be friends and go shopping. And then we'd have a Pokemon battle xD!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Would you have liked it if Max didn't follow May everywhere?

This...I would have liked it if it happened, as we wouldn't have an annoying brother there, because I don't like characters having family follow them...If you wanna know what I'm on about, most of my fanfics I've made have no family relations for the characters. I don't hate them tagging along that bad, I just find it annoying every now and then...

If May's Eevee didn't evolve into a Glaceon then what would you have wanted it to evolve into?
I reckon either Jolteon or Leafeon, as Leafeon suits her because i feel she is more...natural, but Jolteon would be a nice little Pokémon to have around!

Those questions are old...especially the Glaceon one, which was the first question asked!
(^BTW, I like that signature of yours Foxy!)

Right, let's keep the activity upppp!!!

Wait, so now there's two topic questions? Well, whatever works. xD

"Would you have liked it if Max didn't follow May everywhere?"

Hm...not necessarily; I think her interactions with Max helped make her unique and set her apart from game!May. Plus, I thought Max was cute and funny in and of himself, so I'd have definitely regretted his loss.

"How would you feel/react if you met May?"

Did I answer this? I forget...eh, whatever. ^^;; Anyhow, I'd just be cool and befriend her like any other person, and once we've gotten close, we'd hang out together and chat endlessly about Pokemon and such for hours and hours~

Foxyvulpixie

thug life

I actually liked Max. He was cute and funny. But sometimes he can be really annoying >_>;.

If May's Eevee didn't evolve into a Glaceon then what would you have wanted it to evolve into?

I always thought Espeon suited her the most. I think thats the cutest Eevee evolution and she likes cute things so it would suit her ^^.

Hello may I join the club too? O: May/Haruka is one of my favorite female characters in the anime/games (despite how terrible of a character she kind-of became in the Battle Frontier saga of the anime) and one of the reasons why I picked up on Pokémon again. (which was 8 years ago lmao but look at me now~) I definitely love her optimism and that crazy food obsession she has. xD I died on the previous Haruka clubs but I would definitely love to give this club a go.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
This club is on the second page (was until i posted) people! Activity is needed!

Anyway... I'll just answer a random question from the topic list, since I'm nice.

Do you think May was better off with Ash and co.?

Well, we most likely wouldn't have seen her at all if she didn't join Ash's band of friends!
She joined in on some amazing adventures and contests and Gym Battles and-*shot*

Yeah, she definetely was

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
The club went to the second page again Dx

Then we would've never seen her :/
She blended in with Ash and Brock nicely. She formed the best Anime travelling Group with Ash ( For me ). And yeah, she did join in amazing adventures, contest and gym battles and what more you would've said AquaRegisteel. And she would've never got into liking Pokemon without Ash or meet Manaphy.

She was. Without May, the Advanced Series would've been dull.
I think 110% she was.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I haven't posted here in a while, have I?

My answer for this is going to be.. yes!
We never would have seen her if she didn't travel with Ash and co. And I personally think the Advanced Generation would have dull and boring without May, not that it wasn't boring to begin with. I love May but I didn't like the Advanced Generation all that much.
I can't really say if I think she's better off without Ash and co. now since they didn't do a chronicles of her traveling Johto, like they did with Misty, Tracey, Dawn, and Brock. Which I think is totally messed up. But judging from when we saw her in A Full Course Tag Battle, she seems to be doing fine. But a lot her skills, she learned from traveling with Ash so it's hard to say.
But that's just what I think though.

Personally, yes!
I honestly hated Max and he really got on my nerves during the Advanced Generation. I still think to this day having him join Ash, May, and Brock was a big mistake. All he did was whine and complain like a baby.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^Good point on the last one there, SkyHigh.

It's on the first page at least... for now.

And I agree with CyberBlaziken, too.

I won't answer a question as I'll most likely confuse everyone.

~Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies.