• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The May/Haruka Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I want to join, May was/is my favorite pokemon character. She has a good personality and some good pokemon

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Hello guys, how are you all?

Right, I'll answer another question for the sake of it:

When you first saw May in the anime what did you think of her?

I thought she was going to be somewhat dumb/immature like some of the others, but she surprised and acted more maturely than the others. Reading shippy fics built upon this, and now where I am says everything else!

Zoruagible

I thought she was going to be somewhat dumb/immature like some of the others, but she surprised and acted more maturely than the others. Reading shippy fics built upon this, and now where I am says everything else!

I thought she was going to be a repeat of Ash

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Hey people!

A total novice, who didn't know anything about Pokemon. But she turned that around and became a person loved by all here.
But when i saw Ash would be her mentor, and before they went to Rustborro, i thought maybe she could give Ash a run for his money :p

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Hey people!

A total novice, who didn't know anything about Pokemon. But she turned that around and became a person loved by all here.
But when i saw Ash would be her mentor, and before they went to Rustborro, i thought maybe she could give Ash a run for his money :p

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
First I have to apologise to all the members of the club for me being so inactive. Once summer hits I'm going from country to country and going out almost every day/night so that's why I haven't been here in a while! Thank you all for posting and keeping us active!

Second, my apologies to Sweet May and Zoruagible for keeping you waiting so long for accepting you into the club. My reasoning for not being here in a while is in the above paragraph but I am sorry. I hope you two become very active here! Welcome to the club! :D

Hello may I join the club too? O: May/Haruka is one of my favorite female characters in the anime/games (despite how terrible of a character she kind-of became in the Battle Frontier saga of the anime) and one of the reasons why I picked up on Pokémon again. (which was 8 years ago lmao but look at me now~) I definitely love her optimism and that crazy food obsession she has. xD I died on the previous Haruka clubs but I would definitely love to give this club a go.
Hey, yes you may join the club :) She was also one of the reasons I picked up Pokemon again too haha! We're sometimes VERY active and sometimes have a drop in activity but we always pick ourselves right back up and carry on having our discussions ;)

I want to join, May was/is my favorite pokemon character. She has a good personality and some good pokemon
Welcome to the club! I hope you post lots in here! :D

Yeah she really did surprise me by acting very mature. She did have her moments where she was immature but most of the time she was very responsible.

Zoruagible

First I have to apologise to all the members of the club for me being so inactive. Once summer hits I'm going from country to country and going out almost every day/night so that's why I haven't been here in a while! Thank you all for posting and keeping us active!

Second, my apologies to Sweet May and Zoruagible for keeping you waiting so long for accepting you into the club. My reasoning for not being here in a while is in the above paragraph but I am sorry. I hope you two become very active here! Welcome to the club! :D

Hey, yes you may join the club :) She was also one of the reasons I picked up Pokemon again too haha! We're sometimes VERY active and sometimes have a drop in activity but we always pick ourselves right back up and carry on having our discussions ;)

Welcome to the club! I hope you post lots in here! :D

Yeah she really did surprise me by acting very mature. She did have her moments where she was immature but most of the time she was very responsible.

Apology accepted, i hope they bring May back for a episode or 2 soon

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Apology accepted, i hope they bring May back for a episode or 2 soon
As do I, they should seriously stop just dumping characters out of the show once they finish the seasons which involve them. They're very interesting characters with potential for so much more within the anime. This goes for May especially!

Zoruagible

As do I, they should seriously stop just dumping characters out of the show once they finish the seasons which involve them. They're very interesting characters with potential for so much more within the anime. This goes for May especially!

It`s been awhile since Misty appeared so, I hope they don`t give May the same treatment

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion

Well, I would love it if someone went and said that to the Anime writers/developers. I agree on that, especially May!

And welcome back!

Zoruagible

Can I join? I started liking her character near the ending of Hoenn and I like some of the Pokemon she has.

I liked her since she was introduced, Blaziken is my fav

SweetAmy

Top Coordinator
Can I join May is one of my favourite characters ? ^.^

JPS97

Advanceshipper
Hello. I'd like to join for several reasons.

-May is by far my favourite character. Great personality, funny, and in my opinion the best clothing design out of all of the series.

-I grew up with Hoenn and have plenty of great memories of watching the show before school and discussing May and company with my friends at lunch.

-Finally, May always kept the Hoenn series fresh with her newness in the pokemon world. She was kind of like the Ash of Kanto of the Hoenn region.
-JPS97

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Hi Haruka fan boy here *waves*

May is my favourite female character this show has had to this day. I like her down to earth personality. Her coordinating skills are great too. I liked the way she started her journey not liking pokemon and having an unclear goal. But she overcame almost all of her flaws and developed very nicely throughout her tenure as the first co-star of the show. May I join?

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Hey everyone! Is everyone having a good summer then? :D

It`s been awhile since Misty appeared so, I hope they don`t give May the same treatment
Yeah I know what you mean :/

Well, I would love it if someone went and said that to the Anime writers/developers. I agree on that, especially May!

And welcome back!
Hahaha I'd love to :p Has anyone got their number? :p

Can I join? I started liking her character near the ending of Hoenn and I like some of the Pokemon she has.
Yes you can join! Nice to have you here :)

Can I join May is one of my favourite characters ? ^.^
You can join too! :D

Hello. I'd like to join for several reasons.

-May is by far my favourite character. Great personality, funny, and in my opinion the best clothing design out of all of the series.

-I grew up with Hoenn and have plenty of great memories of watching the show before school and discussing May and company with my friends at lunch.

-Finally, May always kept the Hoenn series fresh with her newness in the pokemon world. She was kind of like the Ash of Kanto of the Hoenn region.
-JPS97
Great reasons in my opinion! Yeah she was very similar to Ash in many ways actually. You're in :) Glad to have you here!

Hi Haruka fan boy here *waves*

May is my favourite female character this show has had to this day. I like her down to earth personality. Her coordinating skills are great too. I liked the way she started her journey not liking pokemon and having an unclear goal. But she overcame almost all of her flaws and developed very nicely throughout her tenure as the first co-star of the show. May I join?
You may join too! Yeah she really developed as a character from when she started off, great transition into the May that we all like!

Lots of new members! Awesome to have you all here and I'll put all of your names in the first post! Let's get some discussion going then!

I was thinking, if they ever remake the RSE games, then I'm pretty sure they'd have some episodes which would bring May back into the show in some way or another. That would be the perfect opportunity for her to make an appearance in my opinion. What do you all think?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
thank you.

I didn't like her at all though that changed as the series went on. When I first saw her on the show traveling with Ash at the beginning of AG, I was upset when I found out that she replaced Misty. I loved her character in the Battle Frontier season because she seemed to be more of an independent and interesting character since there was some more focus on her and her rivals.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

thank you.

I didn't like her at all though that changed as the series went on. When I first saw her on the show traveling with Ash at the beginning of AG, I was upset when I found out that she replaced Misty. I loved her character in the Battle Frontier season because she seemed to be more of an independent and interesting character since there was some more focus on her and her rivals.

I didn't watch Pokemon much when Misty was around, May made me like it again close to the middle of AG

Arceusgamer14

I didn't watch Pokemon much when Misty was around, May made me like it again close to the middle of AG

Well AG got me back into watching Pokemon at 2005, and I think how precious that girl and her brother were.

Is anyone thinking that 2012 maybe the year May will stop by to visit Ash for the RS remakes? (If RS were to release for it's 10th year like HGSS did at 2009 1999)

Status
Not open for further replies.