• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The May/Haruka Shipping Poll!

Your Favorite May/Haruka Shipping?

• PetalburgShipping (May X Max)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Since the old one died instantly, I've decided to make a new one.

First thing to clear up is that no character or shipping bashing allowed, you can show your support for a ship, but don't bash anything. This is just a poll made to see which May/Haruka shipping is the most popular.

So get voting now! And don't just leave a vote here and not leave a post, give reasons why you like a shipping, at least one would suffice.

For me it's got to be Advance, it's just my OTP. Love how much Ash and May interacted, the fanart, the hints, the stories, everything about it is so great.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I voted for Contest. It's definitely by far my favorite pairing involving May. It's obvious there was something going on between them. He gave her roses, red roses, and said they were for her Beautifly. Come on, Drew. Seriously, we all know that's not the case at all.

I also like Hoennshipping. I just always thought they'd be cute together.

I don't really ship May around at all.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
I obviously voted for Contest & Hoenn.

Contest: Liked their interactions & they got along pretty well. I thought it looked like like they're into each other. They've shown a lot of respect & helped each other, like Drew helps May with Harley & May saved him from drowning. I also think those roses "for May's Beautifly"was really sweet on Drew's part.

Hoenn: I just like that they've helped each other out & where pretty friendly toward each other. They have nice interactions and I think their personalities mix will with Brendan being helpful & kind & May being shy but adventurous.

I also like Newrivalshipping (Wally & May). I think those two would be cute together. Also if you pick May you helped him a little to be able to get his first pokemon & she gets to know his back story & about him more.

I kinda like SapphirePearlShipping, since they're both into fashion & contest, but Dawn seems more outgoing and confident.

WaterTypeWarrior

ContestShipping, hands down. Although that's probably because I don't tend to spring for ships that don't have solid support in the source material. HoennShipping has always been adorable though and MayxHarley has always amused me.

BTW, PetalburgShipping? Really? I don't know how this particular ship has managed to hide its existence from me for so long, but I kinda wish it had stayed that way. It just seems so WRONG... (Not to bash anyone who likes it, just seems disturbing in my eyes)

Last edited:

Dr Lugia

Till this day, I'm still going to vote for Advanceshipping. It has been my OTP since back then; both their interactions and chemistry were top notch. Both Ash and May were very understanding to one another,you could tell they cared for each other. Since the moment May yelled "YES" to the camera in the first of the Advanced Generation series and to the many hints that came later on (including the 9th movie), I still believe that there's something there that will make them be together one day. I still have high hopes that she will be reunited with Ash one day, and with ORAS coming out soon, it presents a perfect opportunity for such moment.

Last edited:

Seviper009

ii kanji
I'm going for AdvanceShipping for the anime, it was actually the first ship I ever supported and it always comes back to me. I do ship Amour and Pearl too, but for some reason Advance is at another level i can't explain.

For the games I'm going for HoennShipping, however my love for this ship actually comes from FranticShipping (RubyxSapphire).

ContestShipping for sure. I like to see how Drew was acting like a jerk at first, but how that could've been a mask to hide his feelings for May. And the roses and some other hints made it so obvious... I also like how their rivalry developed into love.

zhixun

I voted for ShuHaru only as it is my favourite Haruka shipping. Do other pairs like Haruka pairing with Harley, Serena and N actually exist? Especially when Haruka has never met Serena and N before.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
My favorite May ship is contestshipping its really cute and the rivalry sparks it up between them ^^

I also second Advanceshipping, because Ash and May make a cute couple

And I third Imageshipping, the idea is cute.

I love Franticshipping too, but I forgot to add that in

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
BTW, PetalburgShipping? Really? I don't know how this particular ship has managed to hide its existence from me for so long, but I kinda wish it had stayed that way. It just seems so WRONG... (Not to bash anyone who likes it, just seems disturbing in my eyes)

Technically people can like that ship in a non-sexual way. I mean May and Max do hug more than any other main characters, (aside from Clemont/Bonnie, but even then May/Max do it more since they've had a lot more episodes so far), and May was shown risking her life or giving up a Contest just to find Max or help him if he was in trouble.

I mean I've always thought Max getting a crush on an older girl was interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if Max got a crush on Misty in that episode they interacted together in early Battle Frontier.

SilverLining554

~Head In The Clouds~
My favorite is definitely ContestShipping, but AdvanceShipping was a ship I used to like (along with PokeShipping) when I was a kid. I loved how Drew always gave her roses and how cute they looked together. I also like FranticShipping, but I didn't vote for Hoenn since I only ship the two together in the manga and games. SapphirePearlShipping would be cute, too since both girls are very passionate about contests so they'd have something to bond over :)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I voted for like 6 of the options lol. Advancedshipping and Contest shipping seem the most serious ones, but I also like MayxHarley, MayxSerena, MayxDawn, and MayxN because those sounds like they will have great interactions.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
Definetly AdvanceShipping! I really don't ship her with anyone else, but I don't mind ContestShipping one-sided (obviously on Drew's side). I ship Contest, SapphirePearl, Petalburg, Image, and Shopping platonically, but I'm still a devoted AdvanceShipper, and always will be!

BlueDragonfangirl

Oddly enough, one of the few pairings I prefer the other pairing to the Ash one which I normally go forXD

By the end of the series I adored Contestshipping, so many cute little moments they had :)

Navin

MALDREAD
The only ones that seemed actually legitimate in the show were Advance and Contest. I didn't like Drew that much as a kid (not sure how I would feel towards him now), so I picked Advance. It looked good in the Manaphy film.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The only ones that seemed actually legitimate in the show were Advance and Contest. I didn't like Drew that much as a kid (not sure how I would feel towards him now), so I picked Advance. It looked good in the Manaphy film.

I think its kind of funny because May didn't have that many overall pairings with other characters in AG, other than Drew or Ash. Maybe if Brendan appeared in AG then Hoennshipping would have gotten really popular in the anime too like it is in the game universe.

Although I suppose this has to do with the fact that AG didn't have many recurring characters outside the coordinators, while the DP series for example had a lot more characters so Dawn was paired off with more people.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
i'll go with contestshipping - as expected advanceshipping is second

as for the unknown names prior to may & harley(not sure what their pairing is called)

may & serena - crimsonvelvet

may & n - firstdivide

Status
Not open for further replies.