• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Medal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss medals here! How many do you have, and which is your favourite? What do you think of the system? Is Mr Medal weird? And so forth.

Info on the system: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/medals.shtml

I'm a bit short of 50 myself (only got 5 badges and too busy atm to play much). Haven't looked much into trying to get more yet but will probably do so once I have beaten the game.

(Also Mr Medal is possibly related to Scott imo.)

LizardonX

Banned
Wailord watcher.

monkeyman192

simply bored
Some of the medals seem rediculous to get, such as getting 30 people in one Funfest mission or getting 1000 points in one (I guess you would probably get those two at the same time...)

Honestly, I'm too lazy to really bother intentionally getting medals, however, I've still ended up with nearly sixty.

FusionKT

*cough*
Some of the medals seem rediculous to get, such as getting 30 people in one Funfest mission or getting 1000 points in one (I guess you would probably get those two at the same time...)

yeah, there are a couple like that. Some of the medals just seem impossible to get.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I think I have something like 70ish on my Black 2. I'll see how much of the Medal Rally I can do on my White 2.

I love how when you beat the trainers in the Alley in Castelia City, they say "You're really tough. You deserve a medal!".

Uh, how do you get there?

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I love how when you beat the trainers in the Alley in Castelia City, they say "You're really tough. You deserve a medal!". And then when you go back to the Pokemon Center, Mr. Medal gives you the Castelia Boss medal. BTW, I have 30.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I think maybe via the Sewers in certain seasons?

I imagine some of those missions had Japan more in mind which would be more likely to have a situation of 30+ people doing a Funfest mission at the same time.

FusionKT

*cough*

Go through the sewers. There's an alley up one of two stairwells you can find in the sewers. Beat the three trainers in the alley and you'll get the medal.

EDIT: Oh, and it has to be summer or spring too i think.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

You need to use Surf in Castelia Sewers. Eventually, you'll find a path on the far left side of the series, and if you follow that up and right, you'll find an exit to a secluded part of Castelia City where there are three trainers. Beat all three of them, and then you'll get the Castelia Boss medal.

Keera

Eeveelution Fanatic
I actually really like the medals system! It gives you a small sense of accomplishment when you earn one. Plus, it also gives you another set of things to collect! As if 649 pokemon weren't enough, lol.
I think I have around 40 in White 2.

-Nator-

I currently have 60-65... some achievements of which they ask are a little ridiculous and tedious, but I must complete them all for the sake of OCD.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I currently have 60-65... some achievements of which they ask are a little ridiculous and tedious, but I must complete them all for the sake of OCD.

I feel the same thing. It's making it hard to SR for shiny Cresselia, because I'll be hit with the urge to get another medal. My most recent one was the type expert one. I'm now at 158, and I hope to at least get close to collecting all of them. There's no way I'm getting that Battle Subway one anytime soon, though...

FusionKT

*cough*
I feel the same thing. It's making it hard to SR for shiny Cresselia, because I'll be hit with the urge to get another medal. My most recent one was the type expert one. I'm now at 158, and I hope to at least get close to collecting all of them. There's no way I'm getting that Battle Subway one anytime soon, though...

:O. Far out, I only have ~75.

silicon

Swordsman
I have only one medal... okay technically I've got a bunch that I haven't picked up yet (over 50 I know). I've got this weird desire to not pick up any until I earnas near to all of them as I can... Though whenever I go to check on what I've earned (by saving before collecting them and then not after) it's incredibly annoying to be told each one, instead of just being told how many I earned and being given them all at once.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I think maybe via the Sewers in certain seasons?

I imagine some of those missions had Japan more in mind which would be more likely to have a situation of 30+ people doing a Funfest mission at the same time.

It would probably be possible only during official Pokémon conventions. Or if you actually live in a Pokémon community. That would be awesome.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
Right now I'm not too far in the game, but I have 31 medals and my current favorite is the Magikarp award "To praise the guts of Trainers who kept using Splash no matter what."

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I currently have 25 Medals (something a boy in Castelia City pointed out earlier). Personally though, I find the Medals to be redundant. There's no real point to them other than them being markers of your achievements, but since you're playing the games, you should already know what you've done. Anyway, I'm not stressing out over them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I currently have 25 Medals (something a boy in Castelia City pointed out earlier). Personally though, I find the Medals to be redundant. There's no real point to them other than them being markers of your achievements, but since you're playing the games, you should already know what you've done. Anyway, I'm not stressing out over them.

It's incentive for doing things you wouldn't normally do. Kind of like Achievements on 360 games and Trophies on PS3 games. You'd be more likely to try and accomplish a particular task if you're rewarded, even if it's an artificial reward like the Medals are. That way, you get the most out of your game.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Or the achievement system in WoW. It's an addon, you can do without it, but it doesn't really hurt to have it. It's there for those who have nothing better to do and those pushing for 100% completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.