• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Megalith Advances! Kalos' Defense Line!! (938)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
When did they edit Ash getting crucified? It was still there.

I think in XYZ39 Ash's arms were held above his head or to the side in the dub&raw, in the next dub episode they're hanging down his body and when Lysandre tried to obtain the Bond Phenomenon, he looks doped up in the dub whereas he's screaming in the raw.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think in XYZ39 Ash's arms were held above his head or to the side in the dub&raw, in the next dub episode they're hanging down his body and when Lysandre tried to obtain the Bond Phenomenon, he looks doped up in the dub whereas he's screaming in the raw.

I need some pictures for comparison's sake, but not about the audio. That is always an issue.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Stand Tall really should've been BGM for the Gym Leader line-up, while it worked for Greninja's flying squirrel **** the EXTREMELY awkward change in track and it only lasting for 30 seconds AGAIN just made it feel completely pointless.

Serena did kinda get shafted didn't she? :p I guess contextually someone had to be there to "protect" Mairin and Bonnie, and she's not exactly the strongest there (pretty obvious). Still... *shrugs*

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Serena did kinda get shafted didn't she? :p I guess contextually someone had to be there to "protect" Mairin and Bonnie, and she's not exactly the strongest there (pretty obvious). Still... *shrugs*

All I can say is, the moment something focuses on Serena, Mairin and Bonnie are screwed. Big time. May as well have Serena fight to help...the villain have an easier time fighting everyone else with her needing protection.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"I can't BEAR the THOUght of THAT happENING!"

I swear to god, my ears broke.

Of course TRio uses Wobbuffet right. That thing could be extremely dangerous given how its counter moves are overpowered in this anime.

How long did that rock travel anyway? Seriously, that map demonstration looked it it started traveling all the way from western Kalos to northeast Kalos. Is that rock too slow to give everyone time to gather, or is it traveling too fast in a very short distance? Is the path seriously a straight rocky desert that conveniently gives everyone flat ground to look everywhere?

Was there any point to use "Stand Tall" in that moment Greninja jumped off the plane.

What it up with that sundial? It suddenly became a magma rock. Lysandre should just have taken that rock away to merge with the LEGENDARY GIANT ROCK to save the trouble.

You guys have over a dozen Pokemon to use. USE THEM TO SET YOUR ACES FREE! (Well, except Ash. They all became fodder to flying Japanese dragon kite). Don't just grit your teeth to wait for something to- *extremely big beam appears from nowhere with no clear source* Oh yeah. It is that kind of show...

Olympia should just rule the world. I mean, she teleported every Gym Leader across a thousand kilometers from distance! ...Or 100km. Distances are weird here.

Of cooooourse Korrina gets the first background cut in. Surely not because she owns a certain popular mon.

Huh. Lisa Ortiz actually sounds better when she's not forcing her Amy Rose pitch into the ears...but now the voice just doesn't fit anymore because she sounds way older, and I still remember she voiced Mars. Get it together, woman.

Step away, Serena. Grant's Tyrunt will take care of this.

Last edited:

Litleonid

I don't like to compare versions, but English dub screwed up one major moment: The Gym Leader's entry. The lack of text on each Gym Leader's eyecatcher was extremely awkward and the music was terrible. It was so dull for a moment as exciting as this one. I knew they couldn't play Volt in this version, but they could have done so much better.

This was a pretty decent episode. It was great to see all the Kalos gym leaders working with Ash as well as Team Rocket being good.

DatsRight

Also this is the buildup to perfect Zygarde, no one is gonna be satisfied if Rayqyauza just fell from the sky and solved the plot in half a second.

And even Zygarde had to stall and just sit and watch everyone nearly kill themselves until they'd wasted enough screen time for it to curb stomp everything.

With stiff dialogue and acting, a 4 Kids level censoring contradicting the half assed editing of the rest of the series, and bad unfitting music all throughout, is it safe to say the Flare arc has finalised XY as the dub at it's least popular?

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
this is the first time in a while i've heard jessie actually tell wobbuffet to use mirror coat (or counter). usually she just goes "take care of it" or "do your thing", etc.

Vipsoccermaster

The English dub was fine, but still the episode overall is just as good, albeit a bit less since of music copyrights and edits. Loved seeing the Kalos Gym Leaders taking part in the action into saving Kalos.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So putting aside the apparant lack of pilots for Stephen/Sycamore/Manon/Serena plane and the Alain/Ash/Blaziken Mask helicopter...can anyone explain why Stephen asked Ash to bring Blaziken Mask when he never sent out Blaziken?

Like, all hands on deck in the face of danger, right? Right?

Pikachu52

It goes from a low to a high very quickly. It wraps up the last episode with Ash defeating Lysandre with only a few moves - Lysandre more or less having been finished in the previous episode when the two Zygarde's split. Team Rocket defeat Mable and Celosia and Clemont sheds a tear for Clembot. Then it raises the tension again with the giant rock absorbing Chespie to become the Megalith Zygarde. It jumps from hope to hopelessness - or tries to. The pacing isn't quite right. I actually don't have much to say about this episode. It's very action heavy. The battle against Megalith Zygarde is more impressive than anything we've seen so far. The gym leaders inclusion was a little melodramatic and kinda unnecessary - The only game in which the protagonist is aided by Gym leaders in the fight against the Evil Team is B&W where the Gym leaders show up to help fight the Seven Sages. Given the nature of their appearance we don't see them do anything other than prepare for battle, Ash exchanging a few words with Korrina (and it would have to be about Greninja wouldn't it!!). All the Pokémon helping each other was a nice touch.

Best part of the episode - definitely that it was Pikachu who delivered the final blow to Gyarados. When I saw Goodra, Hawlutcha, Talonflame and Noivern go down in the previous episode I assumed that it was leaving Gyarados open for the oh so powerful Ash Greninja. But they actually didn't give Greninja a greater role than anyone else and Pikachu is just as heroic and Triumphant.

It's so far the longest and most dramatic ending to an villainous team arch so far but it fails to stand out from Magma/Aqua, Galactic or Plasma. It drags on probably longer than necessary, the darker more shocking themes of Team Flare from the games are overshadowed by Lysander's poor dialogue and Ash's melodrama and cliched speeches, Ash's almost fairy tail heroism is not quite in character, Alain gets too much of a free pass and the most meaningful thing that happens is the death of robot.

Finally. Serena is told by Ash to stay and protect Marin and Bonnie while the three leading male protagonists Ash, Clemont and Alain go and fight. Seriously wtf.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Time to catch up...

Wow Lysandre isn't joking when he jumps off Prism Tower and poor Malva was heartbroken watching it but we must move on as a more imminent threat has surfaced. I felt so sorry for Maron at this point at Chespie had been through enough but Lysandre just had another trick up his sleeve. It was great to see everyone assemble to take on the stone Zygarde and it was nice to see the earlier Gym Leaders. Grant made me laugh when he said he wanted to climb the stone Zygarde.

Anyway, it looks like the conclusion is approaching, onto the next one!

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Oh wow, was not expecting to see Lysandre actually drop off, I thought he was going to have a flying type to swoop him away (So this would be the second death then we have seen? Hunter J still techinally died. Poor Malva she looked pretty upset.
It was nice to see them all getting back together again, and found it a little odd Olympia teleported everyone but that's fine, guess she has control over it considering she didn't teleport Clemont right towards them, not bad at all of a episode, I did like seeing the leaders appearing (Although the background stuff was kinda odd). And it was awesome seeing all the Pokemon pair up, I love it when that happens, but come on you guys should have used the rest of them.
Congralutions Team Rocket, from A League to his Own to this one I am currently on, you have yet to blast off, I think that's a streak for them, hell you haven't even gotten your Pokemon fainted, where the heck is the Rocket we know. I like that they are still helping though, and basically everyone can see what's going on.
So that's it for Serena? Stay back? And Blazikenman does nothing either? Dude, give me the Blaziken I know how to keep fighting with it then you would. Serena still had powerful Pokemon, and Bonnie could have stayed back with Blazikenman, hell lend your Pokemon to Ash and the others, wouldn't be the first time Ash commanded Pokemon that belonged to his companions and vice versa.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked how the Rocket-dan trio trapped Akebi, Momiji, and the other Flare-dan scientists in a net and how they stole the helicopter as well. Seeing Eureka hanging out with the blue Zygarde was cute too, and Citron mourning the Citroid at the beginning was touching. I loved seeing the Kalos Gym Leaders helping out.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Looks like Lysandre has given up but it was nice to see Bonnie bind with Z2. But then that rock literally absorbed Chespie and drew out its power from Zygarde and once the rock absorbed Chespie, it looked a lot like Zygarde. It was nice seeing all the Gym Leaders too, using their Pokémon's attacks on the rock to defend the sundial. And how did the Anistar Sundial get really hot once it simply became the rock's target.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Altaria said:
And how did the Anistar Sundial get really hot once it simply became the rock's target.

I assumed that the megalith and the sundial were meant to be made from the same kind of rock, so the sundial might've resonated with the megalith.