• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Megalith Advances! Kalos' Defense Line!! (938)

nuzamaki90

That Gym Leader entrance was the hypest thing ever. It was N's Castle done right. Hot damn that was cool.

This episode was definitely a 10/10. This whole 1 hour special was a 10/10. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Does anyone know what the text said when Diantha and the Gym Leaders appear? Name + ???? or what?

Gym Leader Text looked like name-of-city + something. IDK Japanese I was just trying to match the cities with their names. The something part is most likely Gym Leader but that's just me guessing. Diantha's probably said champion.

Vipsoccermaster

Did Olympia teleport all of them there, or were the cities actually pretty close to each other?
Let's just say that Olympia sent out a distress call and that allowed her to teleport the gym leaders from their respective gyms to the area between Lumiose City and Anistar City. But again, this is the anime, so logic defies anything thrown at them.

Anyway, this episode was insanely packed. Lysandre committing suicide and the Gym Leaders taking part to save Kalos... Wow.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
They'll probably edit it themselves, or maybe the animators made an English version

They make textless versions of these scenes for the Korean dub, and the TPCi version just reuses that footage.

dark-tulip1

The music was perfect and in all the right places, i was in tears for most of this episode when every new bit of song came on! MARRVEELLLOOOOSSSEE!!

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review:

[IMG300]http://67.media.tumblr.com/a47e691806e2369b7bbc955a512bb929/tumblr_net7c6XsAw1smmou4o1_500.gif[/IMG300]

O Knight of Kalos, where art thou and thy glorious Scizor?

Pros:

* "Zettai Akiramenai!" Based OP is based

* All them Pokémon partnering up and dueling the moving err Zygadolith

* The Kalos line of defense money shot

Cons:

* So many questions:

- How did the Monolith become some physical representation of Mega Evolution energy?
- Why was such a Monolith chilling in Hoenn?
- How is the Monolith semi-senient?
- Why did the Monolith switch to Zygarde form?
- Where is Rayquaza...? Shouldn't it be out to destroy this crap..?

* Hey Steven, don't you have a Skarmory? It would be nice if you brought that out. Hey Alain, don't you have an Unfezant? It would be nice if you brought that out...

* Kalos and the entire planet is in danger. Let's not call Drasna, Wikstrom, or Siebold!

Meh, clearly setting up for the finale, but just so many questions raised. I'm not a fan of the monolith being the final boss...

7-8/10

Johtohfiller

- Why did the Monolith switch to Zygarde form?
- Where is Rayquaza...? Shouldn't it be out to destroy this crap..?

The Zygarde aura around Hari-san is why it became the Zygardelith.

Rayquaza is the headscratcher, I'd chalk it up to it Rayquaza not recognizing the Megalith due to it's radiation frequency or whatever being altered.

Soniman

Break the Limit
The Zygarde aura around Hari-san is why it became the Zygardelith.

Rayquaza is the headscratcher, I'd chalk it up to it Rayquaza not recognizing the Megalith due to it's radiation frequency or whatever being altered.

Also this is the buildup to perfect Zygarde, no one is gonna be satisfied if Rayqyauza just fell from the sky and solved the plot in half a second.

Time for basic reactions to this episode in no particular order with Me!!

Me: oh so MDos is down...wait....Lysandre no....Lysandre this is a kids show you're not allowed no...welp
Me: so uh, Ash....ya just gonna leave half ya team dead like that?....ok then
Me: well Marisson over the phone amirite
Me: damn I love that pan-over of everyone just so COOL *dies*
Me: ooh hello we have two champs talkin eh
Me: ....could Serena do a bit more at least?
Me: it just occurred to me that they're fighting against a massive rock.... I would not have understood if Steven hadn't explained
Me: Deus Ex GymLeader? LOVE IIIT
Me: .....
Me: .....
Me: that Mega evolution bit with Steven and Prof Sycamore just turned me on

Pokemon crushes #1 and #3 in full motion there folks!

But if I had to give a rating it'd be for the whole arc.

And it's a.... 7.8- jk

10/10 couldn't have asked for better!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
"We want to help too! If we don't, the world will end!"
"Hey, check out the twerpette!"

*proceeds to fire off couple of Flamethrowers and is then tasked with staying behind with Bonnie and Manon (who really should have been evacuated instead of being placed in danger IMO, but then we won't have the conclusion next episode).

The dub loves Serena xD

There's not much to say about the dub...score was over the place (most notable when Braixen was saved by MCX) but it was a pretty faithful adaptation, unlike when Ash stopped being crucified.

Rampardo

The dub of this arc is literally unwatchable, removing all the dramatic and tense original music pieces. What a shame.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"We want to help too! If we don't, the world will end!"
"Hey, check out the twerpette!"

*proceeds to fire off couple of Flamethrowers and is then tasked with staying behind with Bonnie and Manon (who really should have been evacuated instead of being placed in danger IMO, but then we won't have the conclusion next episode).

Foolish little Serena. Her true calling during this arc was handing out blankets at the shelter with SSS's Sceptile, but ignoring the call made this happen.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Gym leader meet up, nice!

Team rocket may have missed their true calling as news reporters and they still manage to walk the line of being bad but not always completely evil.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
So the dub can show attempted suicide but not torture or crucifixion (well when I put it that way it sounds logical but still). Of course they still use their bad dub music (I'm talking about the standard battle music for the most part) but for some reason, I feel that it at least fits more here than it did during the Kalos League. Some of the other tracks (Which I don't recognize) are actually pretty good here. But dammit even though I know they can't use Volt for the Gym Leader introduction, but this music is way too peaceful for the present situation. Some of this dialogue is actually good, and some of it made me punch myself in the face. Also, why wouldn't you put your own text for the Gym Leaders that would have made it so much better. I know it was distributed without the text but if you have the capabilities to edit out Jesus-Ash, you certainly have the capabilities to add in immobile text.

Last edited: