• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya General Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
OMG I ADORE THIS ANIME SINCE THE MOMENT I FIRST WATCHED IT!
Haruhi is amazing <33
What are your favorite shippings and why?
HaruhixKyon = <3 becauseee everyone knows Haruhi likes Kyon, just watch the episode Endless Eight (or series of episodes) and see how Itsuki tells Kyon "maybe you should go up behind her and whisper I love you in her ear" becuase DUH Haruhi is in LOVE with him. Kyon also realizes he has feelings for her in the episode where he kisses her. Although her annoyingness overpowers his feelings toward her sometimes, he loves how she's so active and that his life would be quite boring without her.
haha that's really the only ship I fervently love *i cant multiship, its my many flaws T-T*
[img139]http://www.icarusfalls.com/kumquats/haruhi_kyon.jpg[/img139]

invisible-chan

ポッキ の かみ
Even though I love this anime/manga/series of light novels, I've taken so long to post here! Bad me!

My OTP is most definitely Kyon/Nagato Yuki. Why? Well...
The biggest hint is, of course, all of book four. She remade the entire world (for her own sake, to help her get her emotions under control, if I am to understand right), but gave Kyon and only Kyon the option to get it back to normal. Not to mention, there was a surefire spark between her human counterpart and him. The other her blushed and smiled at him, both of which prompted very amazed and dazzled reactions out of him. And then of course, there was the scene in the hospital when he was going off to her about how if her boss took her away he'd let all hell break loose and pretty much risk destroying the world to get her back. That's some pretty fierce devotion there, don'tcha think?

There's also hints scattered throughout numerous episodes, such as in The Day of Sagittarius, when, right before Nagato pressed the Enter key to completely turn the battle in their favor, she looked up at him for his permission, as if his opinion was the only one that mattered. He realized that deep down she wanted to win and so told her she could go ahead. Also afterward, he stopped Haruhi from rejecting the Computer Club's President's request for Nagato to come over and hang with them every now and then and told her she could if she wanted to (he was the only one who knew that she did, in fact, want to), to which she replied she come over 'every once in a while'.

Then in Charmed at First Sight LOVER, he was unhappy that she was curious about his old junior high school friend who'd just confessed his love to her, thinking about how the human her had clung to his arm in that other reality. Afterwards, when she had told him his friend had had the power to see the Integrated Data Thought Entity, and had transferred his amazement at that to love for her, but she had now taken that power away so she seemed normal to the boy, Kyon realized that, while she acted calm as usual...
"When you realized his confession was all just a misunderstanding, did you feel any pity about it?"
"...A little bit."

In Snow Mountain Syndrome, he felt something when Haruhi mentioned that Nagato had shouted his name (even though it turned out that she hadn't in the end). And in episode 6/14 (Haruhi/Kyon's episode order), she mentions wanting to go to the library with him again, which is sweet. All in all, she really only listens and talks to him, and she places him in special regard by doing so, while he is the only one who can really notice how she's feeling and and he tries to see to it that she's always about as happy as she can be. Often, he even places her welfare above Asahina-san's, whom he supposedly loves!
I'm also quite fond of Koizumi Itsuki/Suzumiya Haruhi. There aren't nearly enough hints for the two, really, but book four supplied quite a few nice ones.
For one, Koizumi was the only one who stayed by Haruhi's side. It's not really mentioned why, in the novels, but the boys did toss a few ideas around, one of them being that the God-like Haruhi had subconsciously willed it that way, to which Koizumi replied, "Does that mean I should be feeling honoured at being chosen by Suzumiya-san? After all, I..... Yes, I fancy Suzumiya-san."
".....Are you serious?!"
"I think she's a very captivating person."

While maybe that might be true only for the other Koizumi, I don't think it is, as later on, when Kyon first wakes up at the hospital with the other boy by his side, Koizumi outright admits that he is envious of the fact that Haruhi never left Kyon's side while he was comatose. Now, while most all hints are one-sided on Koizumi's part, I still find it interesting that Haruhi's will made him the esper. Her will gave him the job of keeping her emotionally stable, and what better way to do that than to keep in close contact with her? ;)
I also like Kyon/Itsuki, mainly cause I find it amusing how Koizumi always invades Kyon's personal space, making him get uncomfortable. Oh, and the fanart's hot. 'Nuff said.

Yeah, I kinda like what they've done with season two so far. It's entertaining to watch the episodes and play 'Spot the Difference'. Still, they could've combined many of the slight changes per episode into one episode for the impatient people, or just made this whole charade a movie (think Groundhog Day).
Can I just say that I love you and you are amazing?

Can I just say that I love you and you are amazing?
Oh, really? Well, thanks~! And I must say, we also agree on another matter. While I don't despise Haruhi by any means (I actually like her), I can't stand the thought of her and Kyon.
I won't lie, I can at least see what others see in the pairing (she's constantly jealous when he's with other girls, and he is the only "human" she'll even really associate with), but I have my reasons. Some people find their love-hate relationship cute, but I think it's proof that they wouldn't work. Normally, Haruhi's agressive attitude just slightly annoys Kyon and he bears through it, but every now and then she pushes it too far, and that's when a problem arises. The best proof I can think of right now would be the "Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi IV" (it's like episode 12 or 13 of season two, I believe...). Haruhi had spent the day forcing poor Mikuru into doing all sorts of agonizing things (strike 1 in Kyon's book), and followed it up by having Tsuraya-san slip alcohol into her drink (strike 2). Then, when a drunken Mikuru still wasn't acting as she hoped, Haruhi began to smack the girl repeatedly with her megaphone (strike 3, you're out!). This was the final straw for Kyon, and he finally got so angry that he attempted to punch her (which she kind of deserved... I may like Haruhi, but that doesn't mean she doesn't need punished for acting like such a controlling b*tch). It didn't connect, as Koizumi stopped him, and the two ended up making up later, but my point it still solid. The reason the two won't work is because Haruhi's too childish, too controlling, too everything for Kyon to handle. She acts as if her opinion is the only one tht matters, and that pisses him off, especially when others get hurt. And really, I don't think she'll ever change and understand that, so they'll never work.

omg I love this anime! <3

My absolute favourite ship is Kyon/Yuki. I'm not really sure why, but it's been my favourite ever since I started watching the show, maybe because they're both my favourite characters. They're both so -.- all the time. XD And I thought it was cute when Kyon was holding Yuki in the classroom after she saved him from Ryoko.

I like Haruhi/Mikuru, too, and also Kyon/Itsuki. Little things like Itsuki taking Kyon's hand made me instantly like the ship.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Oh, really? Well, thanks~! And I must say, we also agree on another matter. While I don't despise Haruhi by any means (I actually like her), I can't stand the thought of her and Kyon.
I won't lie, I can at least see what others see in the pairing (she's constantly jealous when he's with other girls, and he is the only "human" she'll even really associate with), but I have my reasons. Some people find their love-hate relationship cute, but I think it's proof that they wouldn't work. Normally, Haruhi's agressive attitude just slightly annoys Kyon and he bears through it, but every now and then she pushes it too far, and that's when a problem arises. The best proof I can think of right now would be the "Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi IV" (it's like episode 12 or 13 of season two, I believe...). Haruhi had spent the day forcing poor Mikuru into doing all sorts of agonizing things (strike 1 in Kyon's book), and followed it up by having Tsuraya-san slip alcohol into her drink (strike 2). Then, when a drunken Mikuru still wasn't acting as she hoped, Haruhi began to smack the girl repeatedly with her megaphone (strike 3, you're out!). This was the final straw for Kyon, and he finally got so angry that he attempted to punch her (which she kind of deserved... I may like Haruhi, but that doesn't mean she doesn't need punished for acting like such a controlling b*tch). It didn't connect, as Koizumi stopped him, and the two ended up making up later, but my point it still solid. The reason the two won't work is because Haruhi's too childish, too controlling, too everything for Kyon to handle. She acts as if her opinion is the only one tht matters, and that pisses him off, especially when others get hurt. And really, I don't think she'll ever change and understand that, so they'll never work.

You have to realise this takes place before a lot of the episodes in season 1. By then Haruhi has already mellowed out a lot more and become more considerate for people. This is also before the dream kiss and any of that. Plus judging from future mikuru's reaction to the cosplay in the room she seems to see it as all water under the bridge. The good thing about haruhi is that she isn't one dimensional at all. She has many emotions and the fact that she needed someone to put her in her place is shown through out the series where she finally realizes Kyon won't always accept her if she acts in certain ways. By the last few episodes in the season we see her become a much better person in general. Though she may have started out bratty theres always the fact that she changed.
My two cents really. Can't wait for Disappearance of Haruhi movie.

Last edited:

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
This is one of my all time favourite animes!

Really the only ship that I support is Haruhi/Kyon, because at the end of the first series Kyon pondered what Haruhi ment to him and then kisses her (which it is kind of obvious what conclusion he came to) and also the fact that it clearly goes both ways cause Haruhi put her hair in a pony tail after hearing Kyon's confession in what she thinks is a dream. There is also more evidence in the light novels.

I can understand the appeal of the other ships, however I think that with Kyon's feelings it is more infatuation than love.

See Ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.