• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The metagame is Weakvile ll OU Warstory.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
This was a battle between me and zapper22001 for a tournament on another site. We both agreed that it was a great match and we decided to turn it into a Warstory.

My comments will be in orange, zapper's in blue.

My Team:
Spr_4h_251.png
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4p_485.png
212.png
Spr_4h_068.png
Spr_4p_380.png

zapper's team:
Spr_4p_478.png
Spr_4h_094.png
Spr_4p_485.png
Spr_4h_230.png
Spr_4h_121.png
461.png

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Species Clause, Timed Battle
zapper win again sent out Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
zapper22001 sent out Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
zapper22001: gl

251.png
vs.
478.png

Celebi: 100%
Froslass: 100%

I send out my trusty Celebi lead, that can quite easily handle the majority of the top leads. (I AM NOT PROMOTING IT’S AWESOMENESS). Sadly, Froslass is not one of these. I hope for the best, firing off a Thunder Wave in case it doesn’t use Taunt.

Hmm…a Celebi lead. Now, possible moves could be Thunder Wave, Hidden Power [Fire], U-Turn, Grass Knot, and Stealth Rock. Out of those moves, Thunder Wave is the most threatening to my team, so I chose Taunt. Plus, Celebi also can’t get up SR this way which means Froslass might be able to switch back in later and hopefully get up more Spikes which is crucial to SpecsDra as it allows it to wreck the opposing team.

zapper win again: Good luck!
Gray Fox has entered the room.
Froslass used Taunt.
Celebi fell for the taunt!
Celebi used Thunder Wave.
Celebi can't use Thunder Wave after the taunt!

251.png
vs.
478.png

Celebi: 100% - Taunted
Froslass: 100%

He uses Taunt and Now the best thing I can do is to just U-turn out, which will also break his Sash. I imagine he will use Spikes, but I switch to Heatran as he can take whatever Froslass can deal out.

Oh, that turn worked out well for me. Now start Spiking up to advance my strategy.

Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Celebi used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
Froslass lost 12% of its health.
zapper win again switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Heatran was hurt by Spikes!
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Heatran's leftovers restored its health a little!
Heatran restored 6% of its health.

485.png
vs
478.png

Heatran: 94%
Froslass: 88%

He uses Spikes, as was obvious. And Like I said, most Froslass can do pitiful amounts of damage to Heatran, so I sub up with the hope to take out a counter.

Celebi U-Turns to Heatran and tries to force me out, but Froslass isn’t going anywhere as Destiny Bond guarantees that Tran will go down with me. Also Lefties recovery tells me that it’s probably a SubTran which means, once I trap him with D-Bond he’ll lose 25% of his health.

Froslass used Destiny Bond.
Froslass is trying to take its foe with it!
Heatran used Substitute.
Heatran lost 25% of its health.
Heatran made a substitute!
Heatran's leftovers restored its health a little!
Heatran restored 6% of its health.

485.png
vs
478.png

Heatran: 75%

Crap. That puts a real damper on my plans. I was planning to just fire off a Fire Blast. But now I will have to switch out. My best bet here is to go to Togekiss and hope he doesn’t use Destiny Bond again.

Works out just as planned. Now I don’t know if he’ll switch or not. I think the best thing to do is D-Bond again so if he switches, he won’t go for the KO which means more Spikes for me when I get the chance to set up.

zapper win again switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Froslass used Destiny Bond.
Froslass is trying to take its foe with it!

468.png
vs
478.png

Togekiss: 100%

He uses Destiny Bond again. So I just decide to simply go to Celebi.

As stated last turn, I doubt he’ll go for the KO with D-Bond up so he might Thunder Wave or something if he’s a Flinchhax variant. I’ll Taunt because my team absolutely hates T-Wave.

zapper win again switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Celebi was hurt by Spikes!
Celebi lost 12% of its health.
Froslass used Taunt.
Celebi fell for the taunt!
Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Celebi restored 6% of its health.

251.png
vs.
478.png

Celebi: 94% - Taunted

Celebi comes in, and no Destiny Bond. Here I am thinking it will either use Ice Beam or Spikes, so I just Leaf Storm to kill knowing that I would survive the Ice Beam.

Instead, Froslass Taunts Celebi who receives some Spikes damage which will hopefully allow SpecsDra to later on Draco Meteor for the kill and wreck some havoc. However Taunting Celebi also works out for me as it means that the ever-annoying T-Wave is blocked now for some more Spikes.

Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Celebi used Leaf Storm.
Froslass lost 93% of its health.
zapper22001's Froslass fainted.
Celebi's special attack was harshly lowered.

251.png
vs. X

Celebi: 100% - Taunted
Froslass: DEAD

(6 - 5)

He sets up another layer of Spikes before he dies, but I kill it.

Eh… I didn’t see the Leaf Storm coming, but now I have two layers of Spikes down with is pretty much all I need for SpecsDra to get in and wreck some walls. However that turn still gave me some useful information. Unless Gingbino doesn’t run Stealth Rock on Celebi, then Celebi’s moveset is U-Turn/ Thunder Wave/ Stealth Rock/ Leaf Storm which means no Recover which is very good news for my team. Now, I know that Gingbino has already revealed a LeadCelebi, a SubTran, and some variant of Togekiss. Now I got to force Celebi out(pretty easy since he’s at -2 S.Atk) and hopefully lure some walls out so I can see what SpecsDra is up against. So now, I go to MysticGar to start things up.

zapper22001 switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).

251.png
vs
094.png

Celebi: 100% -Taunted
Gengar: 100%

In comes a Gengar. Most likely LO. Most likely will use Shadow Ball. This means that Togekiss can come in and threaten with Scarf Air Slash.

zapper win again switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
It doesn't affect Togekiss...

468.png
vs
094.png

Gengar: 100%

Now to just fire off an Air Slash.

I Shadow Ball in hope of getting rid of Celebi as Thunder Wave basically ruins my whole team. Shadow Ball also has the benefit of being a predictable move so if Ging decides to go to a Steel, Spikes damage will rack up and a SpecsDra Surf will have a better chance of KO’ing. However, Gingbino predicts my move and instead goes to Togekiss who is immune to Shadow Ball. I decide to go to LOMie and hopefully force Kiss out.

zapper22001 switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Starmie lost 60% of its health.

468.png
vs
121.png

Starmie: 40%

In comes a Starmie predicting god knows what. Air Slash Deals a healthy 60%. He has no reason to expect that this is Scarfed, so I am safe to go on with the Air Slash to finish it off.

Damn, that did more than I expected. In retrospect, I should have gone to Heatran this turn on this turn, but I guess I was afraid of Aura Sphere pummeling Tran as it is my only bulky pokemon. Well, I guess I’ll just Thunderbolt this turn and hope for the KO.

Togekiss used Air Slash.
Togekiss's attack missed!
Starmie used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 76% of its health.
Starmie lost 10% of its health.

468.png
vs
121.png

Togekiss: 24%
Starmie: 30%

****. Two bad things happened there. Obviously, my Air Slash missed which means Starmie is still alive and I took a large amount of damage from Thunderbolt. Secondly, he just found out that I am Scarfed. I just decide to Air Slash again. If he stays in (and I hit) it dies. If he switches, then I get some damage on the switchin.

Oh snap. Togekiss is Scarfed. Well, the infamous hax strikes again and spares Starmie from an early death and after the Thunderbolt strike, Togekiss is now in range for a Weavile revenge kill. However, I don’t want to sacrifice Starmie just yet, so I go to Heatran to take the Air Slash.

zapper22001 switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Heatran lost 21% of its health.

468.png
vs
485.png

Heatran: 79%

In comes a Heatran. Takes quite a decent amount of damage. I have nothing I really wanna switch in here. To me, he will either Fire Blast and kill Togekiss, this will then mean I can switch in with my own Heatran and sub up. Or he will Earth Power predicting me to go to Heatran to get a Flash Fire Boost. Staying in and use Air Slash seems to be the best option to me.

Oh, that hit pretty hard. Well, I can take another hit and get Stealth Rock up before I sacrifice Starmie and get Weavile in on the revenge kill. Calum confirms my suspicions that it is Scarfed.

Heatran used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Heatran lost 24% of its health.

468.png
vs
485.png

Heatran: 55%

He is also Scarfed it seems. Which means Togekiss is now dead. So I am best to simply keep it in and spam Air Slash.

SR is up and now I’m going to sacrifice Starmie.

zapper22001 switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Starmie lost 56% of its health.
zapper22001's Starmie fainted.

468.png
vs X

Starmie: DEAD

(6 - 4)

Starmie comes in and dies. Go Togekiss.

It’s Weavile revenge time.

zapper22001 switched in Weavile (lvl 100 Weavile ?).
Weavile is exerting its pressure!

468.png
vs
461.png

Weavile: 100%

It’s probably just gonna Ice Shard to kill. Togekiss will die from SR if it switches in again. So I just decide to stay in.

Weavile used Ice Shard.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 59% of its health.
zapper win again's Togekiss fainted.
Weavile lost 10% of its health.

X vs
461.png

Togekiss: DEAD
Weavile: 90%

(5 - 4)

Togekiss is down for the count, flinch hax no longer able to bother me. Now let’s see what Gingbino switches in to threaten me…

zapper win again switched in Machamp (lvl 100 Machamp ?).
Machamp was hurt by Spikes!
Machamp lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Machamp.
Machamp lost 6% of its health.

068.png
vs
461.png

Machamp: 75%
Weavile: 90%

I bring in Machamp, knowing that I can survive a hit. I also threaten with Dynamic Punch. Knowing this, I use Payback hoping to hit Gengar trying to switch in on Dynamic Punch.

Gingbino is surprised by the use of Weavile and switches in Machamp to try and set up. Now, my gut feeling tells me that this is a SubChamp which can pretty much sweep my team if I don’t deal with it properly. I would go to Gengar, but Ging can predict the switch in fairly easily. However Gengar is the only thing that can take DynamicPunch which will definitely screw my team up. Ultimately, I decide that the decision comes down to whether I want Machamp to have a Sub up and sweep my team or sacrifice Gengar and deal with Machamp after the free switch in.

zapper22001 switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Machamp used Payback.
It's super effective!
Gengar lost 147% of its health.
zapper22001's Gengar fainted.
Machamp's leftovers restored its health a little!
Machamp restored 6% of its health.

068.png
vs X

Machamp: 81%
Gengar: DEAD

(5 - 3)

Nailed it.

As I predicted, Gingbino predicts me, but this free switch in gives me the chance to finally switch in SpecsDra and start breaking down Gingbino’s walls. So I’m just going to Draco Meteor for the kill as it is still mid game so don’t want to spam Surf just yet.

zapper22001 switched in Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).

068.png
vs
230.png

Machamp: 81%
Kingdra: 100%

Kingdra comes in. here I’m thinking SubDDKingdra. So I go with Dynamic Punch. If it subs, it loses 25% health. If it DDs, it loses a good 64% - 76% and is confused.

Kingdra used Draco Meteor.
Machamp lost 86% of its health.
zapper win again's Machamp fainted.
Kingdra's special attack was harshly lowered.

X vs
230.png

Machamp: DEAD
Kingdra: 100%

(4 - 3)

And I was wrong. I decide to bring in Celebi, knowing that I will out speed, and threaten with Thunder Wave/STAB Leaf Storm. May also be able to get SR up.

Machamp succumbs to mighty meteorite from outer space summoned by this sea dragon.

Celebi lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Celebi.
zapper22001 switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Celebi used Thunder Wave.
Heatran is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

251.png
vs
485.png

Celebi: 75%
Heatran: 55%

Thunder Wave was the move of choice here. And it ends up hitting a good target. I decide to Stealth Rock, hoping for either a switch or paralysis hax.

Ugh, Gingbino switches in Celebi to wall me and probably spread some T-Wave which my team absolutely hates. Now I got to think of someone to sacrifice. Heatran has pretty much fulfilled its purpose by setting up SR so I can probably sacrifice that.

Celebi used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Heatran is paralyzed! It can't move!

251.png
vs
485.png

Celebi: 81%
Heatran: 55% - Paralyzed

I get the second and SR is up. Now I have two choices. Leaf Storm, predicting a switch to something. Or U-turn out to scout. I go with the Leaf Storm.

Well, I’m afraid of Fire Blast getting PP stalled so I’m just gonna Earth Power until Celebi dies.

Celebi used Leaf Storm.
Heatran lost 17% of its health.
Heatran used Earth Power.
Celebi lost 14% of its health.

251.png
vs
485.png

Celebi: 73%
Heatran: 38% - Paralyzed

I get neither, but he predicted the switch to Heatran, obviously. Leaf Storm does paltry damage as expected. This time I decide to just U-turn out.

With SR up, now I must be careful with Weavile as SR damage and LO recoil will pretty much ruin me. However, at the moment, my strategy won’t change; I’ll just keep on spamming.

Celebi used U-turn.
Heatran lost 4% of its health.
zapper win again switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.
Heatran is paralyzed! It can't move!

380.png
vs
485.png

Latias: 88%
Heatran: 34% - Paralyzed

I bring in Latias, as she can take Earth Power. I predict a switch here to Kingdra, so I go for the Dragon Pulse.

Gingbino realizes that Celebi will eventually die so he U-Turns to Latias to set up on me. Well not much I can do and there’s not really much that I care about if Latias sets up on me as Ice Shard will revenge her. So, once again there is no change in strategy. Plus, I believe that Gingbino is aware of the fact that I have Weavile so he won’t try to set up on me and give me a free turn to switch in albeit this is rather risky.

Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Heatran lost 33% of its health.
Latias lost 10% of its health.
Latias makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Heatran used Earth Power.
Heatran's attack missed!

380.png
vs
485.png

Latias: 78%
Heatran: 1% - Paralyzed

Neither of us really win here. But Heatran is now within KO range from another Dragon Pulse. So I just use that.

Yep, he’s attacking, so I can just keep on spamming. Though it’s interesting how Latias is a Life Orb variant.

Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Heatran lost 31% of its health.
zapper22001's Heatran fainted.
Latias lost 10% of its health.

380.png
vs X

Latias: 68%
Heatran: DEAD

(4 - 2)

~lalalala

Heatran dies and now Weavile can come in and revenge kill with Ice Shard.

Pointed stones dug into Weavile.
Weavile lost 25% of its health.

380.png
vs
461.png

Latias: 68%
Weavile: 70%

In comes that damn Weavile again. And once again, I do not really want to switch in something like Scizor in case he uses Low Kick or something.

Weavile used Ice Shard.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 68% of its health.
zapper win again's Latias fainted.

X vs
461.png

Latias: DEAD
Weavile: 60%

(3 - 2)

Damn Weavile. I decide to just bring in Scizor to threaten with Bullet Punch.

Just as planned.

zapper win again switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Scizor was hurt by Spikes!
Scizor lost 18% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.

212.png
vs
461.png

Scizor: 70%
Weavile: 60%

Damn, Gingbino switches in Scizor. Though it can be played with relatively easily if I can figure out whether it is a CB or a SD set. I place my bets on SD because Gingbino has chosen to switch him in now instead of when I revenged Togekiss. It may not be the soundest reason, but I’m going to go with it. Working off of my assumption, I switch to Kingdra who can take a +2 Bullet Punch and KO back with a Spec’d Surf.

zapper22001 switched in Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
Pointed stones dug into Kingdra.
Kingdra lost 12% of its health.
Scizor used Swords Dance.
Scizor's attack was sharply raised

212.png
vs
230.png

Scizor: 60%
Kingdra: 88%

Switches out to Kingdra, most likely fearing Bullet Punch. I SD’ed up in a hope to do a bit of a wall break now. But since Kindgra is faster, the best thing I can do is ram out a Bullet Punch.

Now, I go for the kill with Surf.

Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Kingdra lost 53% of its health.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
Kingdra used Surf.
Scizor lost 87% of its health.
zapper win again's Scizor fainted.

X vs
230.png

Scizor: DEAD
Kingdra: 35%

(2 - 2)

Ded. I decide to bring in Celebi and finish it off with Leaf Storm.

Celebi lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Celebi.

251.png
vs
230.png

Celebi: 42%
Kingdra: 35%

Ugh, I don’t want anybody else to get T-Waved right now so I’m just going to sacrifice Kingdra and spam Surf again.

Kingdra used Surf.
Celebi lost 25% of its health.
Celebi used Leaf Storm.
Kingdra lost 63% of its health.
zapper22001's Kingdra fainted.

251.png
vs X

Celebi: 23%
Kingdra: DEAD

(2 - 1)

I take little to no damage from Surf and finish it off with Leaf Storm. But by now it’s already gg.

Pointed stones dug into Weavile.
Weavile lost 25% of its health.

251.png
vs
461.png

Celebi: 23%
Weavile: 35%

In comes Weavile, and its good game. He outspeeds and KO’s both of my remaining pokemon.

The mighty sea dragon goes down, but Weavile is eager to revenge kill.

Weavile used Night Slash.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 74% of its health.
zapper win again's Celebi fainted.

X vs
461.png

Celebi: DEAD
Weavile: 25%

(1 - 1)

*sigh*

Alright, Celebi dies to a hard slap across the face from Weavile. Next pokemon.

zapper win again switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Heatran was hurt by Spikes!
Heatran lost 18% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Weavile used Low Kick.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 78% of its health.
zapper win again's Heatran fainted.
zapper22001 wins!

X vs
461.png

Heatran: DEAD
Weavile: 15%

(0 - 1)

And that’s a good game right there.

Heatran trips over Weavile’s foot and hits the ground with a hard thud, exhaling its last breath. GG, Gingbino!

My Props and Slops

Props:
Togekiss for being so badass.
zapper for the great match.

Slops:
Heatran and Scizor for doing nothing.
Me for failing to see two opportunities to win. I I had of used Bug Bite instead of Swords Dance when Kingdra switched in, I would have won 3 - 0. If I had of switched out to Heatran when Kingdra Surf'ed my, I would have won 1 - 0.

Saw this on Smogon, it's a pretty good warstory. I too felt that the blue comments were better than the orange, but oh well.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
So many forgotten threats in the metagame... Thanks to scizor. Weavile is good in ubers too.

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
Ging, it honestly hurts my eyes to try to read the blue up against the green background. Could you change that please?

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Meh, just highlight it?
I said all I have to say on the chat, so meh.

Lorica

aka nosferalto
I like the fact that Frosslass, Weavile and Specs Kingdra are being used. Really fun to read. There were some very obvious moves that both of you could have taken advantage of. So that wasn't top class battling from both of you. Still, good read.

Pathfinder

No Angel
I liked both of your teams , but I liked that zapper used weavile alot. Weavile was one of the first pokes I ever ev trained way back when I first started , and it's still one of my favorite pokes today. It's a great poke and it's a shame that it doesn't get used as much now (for good reason) but still. Great Warstory ging =D.

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
:p I cant highlight stuff on my phone.

Pokemon_Master 425

I liked both of your teams , but I liked that zapper used weavile alot. Weavile was one of the first pokes I ever ev trained way back when I first started , and it's still one of my favorite pokes today. It's a great poke and it's a shame that it doesn't get used as much now (for good reason) but still. Great Warstory ging =D.

and what is that reason? why is Weavile not used as much?

Pokemon_Master 425

and what is that reason? why is Weavile not used as much?

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Scizor....

[/explanation]

zapper22001

Join BLD
Scizor is on about 30% of all teams and Bullet Punch makes quick work of any Weaviles so it is hard to use Weavile properly with all the checks running around. Also, the Stealth Rock weakness chops off 25% of Weavile's health each time it switches in which greatly hinders any sweeping opportunities. Weavile is also effected by Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Plus having paper defenses also doesn't help.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Saw this on Smogon and really enjoyed it. Good to see Weavile being used effectively. I liked the comments by the dude in blue a little better, but still a good read.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
brilliant battle. weaville is such a threat as its under the radar and not many people are prepared for it