• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Middleman (RMT)

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Just because I feel like it... and because boredom is anathema to me.

All Pokemon are going to be middle-stage evolutions; it's more of a challenge that way. Not going into super-amazing detail because this is just a team for fun.

233.png

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Ability: Analytic
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

0 Speed IV btw. This set should be pretty self-explanatory, but whatever. Quiet nature raises SpA while lowering Spe. 0 Speed IV drops it further. Analytic takes advantage of this by increasing the power of Porygon2's moves if it goes second. Tri Attack is STAB, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt provide the ever-useful BoltBeam coverage, and Recover allows me to tank hits (Eviolite helps quite a lot with this as well). Porygon2 is actually better off as a bulky attacker than a purely defensive Pokemon.

42.png

Golbat @ Eviolite
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Ability: Inner Focus
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Toxic
- Super Fang

General utility check, tank, and staller. Brave Bird is generally the only STAB worth using with this set, since it's the only move Golbat has that's capable of dealing decent damage even with minimal investment. Roost should be obvious in that it's Golbat's most reliable recovery move, and that it allows Golbat to shed its Rock-, Electric-, and Ice-type weaknesses provided that it goes first. Toxic allows Golbat to stall out vulnerable targets easily, while Super Fang just takes chunks out of whatever gets in Golbat's way. Eviolite turns Golbat into a wonderful defensive tank, and a better utility check. Things like Conkeldurr and Lilligant do absolute shit with their STAB moves even when they're boosted, while Golbat's overall bulkand decent typing allow it to tank hits and stall out most Pokemon without an inherent advantage over it.

256.png

Combusken @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords Dance
- Protect

All hail the mighty and miniature flaming chicken from hell. Not quite as weak as you might think (hits 590 after an SD, which isn't bad all things considered), and very easy to set up. Leftovers to soften the recoil from Flare Blitz (and to get extra health off of Protect stalling). Flare Blitz because Fire Punch hits like a feather pillow, and because having your main STAB under 100 BP is a no-no on something as frail as Combusken. Sky Uppercut is the best Fighting-type move available for Combusken (no HJK). Swords Dance is the crux of the set, while Protect because you
6ZS5P.png

(Ok, so it's a Blaziken, so sue me),
and because it makes abusing Speed Boost easier. It's not like Combusken has many other viable coverage moves.

153.png

Bayleef @ Eviolite
Nature: Bold
EVs: 240 Hp / 92 Def / 176 SpD
Ability: Overgrow
- Giga Drain
- HP Fire / Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

SubSeed Bayleef. Am I aware that there are better choices? Yeah, I am. Do I care? Hell no. EV spread designed to get the maximum amount of recovery out of Leech Seed while making sure that no points are wasted from Eviolite's enhancement; its overall defenses top out at 321/360/360, which is pretty damn good for a mid-evolution Pokemon. May use Aromatherapy over HP Fire if I don't find opposing Grass-types to be a problem; the team support would be helpful.

159.png

Croconaw @ Eviolite
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Ability: Torrent
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Return
- Swords Dance

stop__by_protocol00-d4rogq1.png
Mini-Gatr. So freaking standard it's almost painful. Max bulk and Attack. Priority STAB and power STAB (Waterfall > Aqua Tail because Accuracy > middling power boost), SD provides the power, and Return gets good neutral coverage.

P.S. If you don't get the reference to the comic above, shame on you. Go look up Death's Nuzlocke on deviantArt, you poor deprived child.

25.png

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Lightningrod
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Grass Knot
- Brick Break

What middle-evo in-game team would be complete without the poster child of the franchise? Pikachu hits really freaking hard with the Light Ball, but it's so frail that it's almost painful. In-game, running anything except this is utterly pointless unless you're really gutsy and want to try and use Nasty Plot. Lightningrod actually lets you switch in on some things, which is absolutely necessary, since Pikachu gets 2HKO'd by almost every attack in the game, even resisted ones. Thunderbolt zaps shit, HP Ice chills shit, Grass Knot trips shit up, and Break Break breaks shit. Really obvious.

Well, that's it.

Fire away guys, I'm looking forward to this.

Aurath8

I prefer Dragon Dance over Swords Dance on Croconaw. If you're running Eviolite, you can afford boost more than once, and Dragon Dance is better in that respect. Since you don't need Aqua Jet and DD, it frees up a spot for Ice Punch to cover Grass and Dragons.

Unless this is a semi-competitive team, I wouldn't use Aromatherapy. I find the coverage against Grass and Steel types better than using up a moveslot for what can be solved rather conveniently with an item.

Porygon 2 actually has quite respectable defence. You could give him a Life Orb and heal off the recoil with Recover. Just an idea.

Not much else to say, other than this is a nicely crafted team.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
I prefer Dragon Dance over Swords Dance on Croconaw. If you're running Eviolite, you can afford boost more than once, and Dragon Dance is better in that respect. Since you don't need Aqua Jet and DD, it frees up a spot for Ice Punch to cover Grass and Dragons.

Normally I'd agree with you, but since I'm already running SD+Speed Boost Combusken, I already have a Pokemon boosting both Attack and Speed. Furthermore, Aqua Jet gives me a priority move to deal with faster opponents without risking Combusken's neck. And besides, for Grass-types I already have Golbat and Combusken, and Porygon2 and Pika cover dragons with their Ice-type attacks.

Unless this is a semi-competitive team, I wouldn't use Aromatherapy. I find the coverage against Grass and Steel types better than using up a moveslot for what can be solved rather conveniently with an item.

I agree, but I was just putting it out there; status sucks. I'll probably end up going with HP Fire anyway, despite the fact that Bayleef's SpA without investment is pathetic.

Porygon 2 actually has quite respectable defence. You could give him a Life Orb and heal off the recoil with Recover. Just an idea.

Yes, I know. However, by using Analytic instead, I simulate a Life Orb boost without losing the increased defensive capability of Eviolite. Golbat is a capable tank, but it can't cover for everything; same story with Bayleef. P2 helps with that immensely. If I was really going to do something like that I'd be running Download and 100 Speed EVs, but that lowers P2's bulk considerably.

Not much else to say, other than this is a nicely crafted team.

Thanks for an intelligent rate. Let's see what I can expect from the rest of this place.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Atm most of your sets are fine.

Bayleef @Eviolite
Bold l Overgrow
240 HP l 92 Def. l 176 Sp.Def.
• Giga Drain
• Leech Seed / Synthesis
• Substitute
• Aromatherapy

Might as wll go ahead and use Aromatherapy for more team support.Synthesis is another option if you want to heal quicker,but Leech Seed is more consistent.

I thought you left

Last edited:

(Pro)bopass

Certified Behemoth
There's nothing really wrong with the team, standard sets, decent synergy... Although I would have thought that you'd return with something a little more exciting, or at least make it seem like a big deal.. /:

This team is a testament to the long held notion that anything will work in-game.

Prepare to have n00bs tell you to evolve your Pokemon for moar powars...

Lapras!

Banned
(Pro)bopass has a point. Beyond the theme this team isn't particularly creative. Like, your sets are fine, but Porygon2 has the capability of a fully evolved pokemon anyway. Pikachu is cool though.

Substitute and Aromatherapy are pretty redundant on the same pokemon... replace Sub with HP Fire for the coverage.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Like they said Dragon dance and Ice punch on Croconaw.

Replace supstitute with hidden power fire on Bayleef for coverage unless you want subseed.

Porygon2 could use either Trace for defense or Download for a slightly risky boosting strategy. It can also use trick room but your current one has the best set for it.

Pikachu can still use Nasty plot with Light orb which would be insane(but amazingly overpowered if it works.)

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Obviously Curse Golbat is the way to go
Don't put Brave Bird on him; recoil on a bulkemon is silly even if you have Roost. Swap in U-Turn instead. It can hit psychics for SE and the ghosts will probably KO you before you can let off enough BB's on that meager attack stat.

nice.