• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue! (718)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Watched the episode, it was entertaining, I like Charles and Accelgor and even the goofy villans.

Its a good episode to watch once atleast.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
How about watching the anime instead of judging the episode based on pictures?

It was a pretty meh episode in my opinion. Seeing Oshawott was good, as was seeing Accelgor, but the rest was just mediocre.

I already watched the damn episodes! It wasn't what I or alot of people thought it would turn out to be.

GokaiMan

Partly that, but he was even more a shout-out to Swift Hero Zubat. Both his name and suit are near-identical (and Zubat's "Zubat Attack" finishing move is somewhat similar to certain incarnations of the Rider Kick, too).

[IMG200]http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/images/cd/large/Kaiketsu_Zubat_COCX30806.jpg[/IMG200]

That....makes more sense. Granted, the only thing I saw of Zubat (the hero) was in the 40th annyversary kamen rider movie, but that's pretty cool too, I like Tokusatsu in general

Um...I don't mean to de-rail the thread, sorry, I just wanted to point out the shout out ^__^; carry on!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
That....makes more sense. Granted, the only thing I saw of Zubat (the hero) was in the 40th annyversary kamen rider movie, but that's pretty cool too, I like Tokusatsu in general

Zubat is probably the most badass toku hero ever created. His series is heartily recommended.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-The episode begins with...a semi truck with a NO VANILLITE design on it? But more importantly, the gang's reached Driftveil City!
-Ash runs into the gym, which leads to him literally running into Clay! Of course, Clay isn't interested in a battle right now. Ash is disappointed, Iris is irked, and Cilan is rather understanding(which makes sense!). ...or it might just be that he's more interested in going to the Driftveil market.
-Heartbreaker Charles is here! Along with his Accelgor...which has a much deeper voice than I'd have expected.
-Apparently being buds with Charles gets you free stuff at the market. And Cilan is just a little too into the whole "oh my god, a MARKET!" thing.
-And then a Ducklett with sunglasses runs by stealing stuff while corny guitar action music kicks in. The Ducklett's presumable owner shows up, and...really, guy? You're stealing baskets of fruit? But never fear, Charles Swift Hero A-Glider shows up! And holy ****, is that a variation on Looker's theme in the background?
-The thief has the brilliant idea of driving away before A-Glider can jump to the ground. Luckily, Accelgor is fast enough to stop him anyway, so now A-Glider gets on his bike and...it blew a gasket. Oi. But before the thief can try getting away again, a Timburr stops the car in its tracks.
-After the thief is arrested, Timburr's trainer(who's named Linda) mocks Charles for his pathetic A-glider act. It seems like he can never get it right. Naturally, Ash is enthralled with the superhero antics anyway; as far as I can tell, he's the only one too dumb to have realized that Charles is A-glider.
-Meanwhile, the NO VANILLITE truck is doing something suspicious...namely, letting a couple of dudes in Vanillite ski masks meet up with a caped old guy.
-Back with the twerps, Ash gets offered an A-glider pin/badge/thing from Charles, all for being an A-glider fan. And we hear another variation of Looker's theme. I suppose this episode's as good a place as any for that cheesy(yet awesome) thing. But...Ash doesn't really want the present.
-Team Rocket is still doing foreshadow-y things on the genie islands.
-Later that night, Ash is marching along and humming happily, while Dento is walking behind him with a perfect "...uh..." face & Iris is annoyed that Ash doesn't realize who A-glider is. And when she tells him directly...he still refuses to believe it. Oh, Ash.
-Meanwhile, Linda is checking out the warehouse the Vanillite guys were in earlier...and of course, the bad guys are waiting for her. She tries to fight, but quickly ends up as a damsel in distress.
-Fortunately, Charles snoops on her office computer and figures out where she is.
-The villains reveal their plan using paper cutout graphics, and...apparently their plan is to make friends with Vanillite by luring them out with actual ice cream. ...okay then.
-Our heroes arrive, and...Iris calls the villains kids! Ahahahah!
-The head honcho's Vanillie control device ends up getting broken when Oshawott...slips on ice and runs into him. This episode. :3
-The bad guys are getting away, but Linda begs Charles to go after them...as A-glider! Ash STILL doesn't get it until Iris spells it out for him AGAIN.
-Ash manages to screw up and call A-glider "Charles" in front of the main bad guy, who responds by...turning into Crygonal Man! Iris freaks out(Ice types!) and hides behind Cilan. Then Crygonal man sends out his......Vanillish. Which gets a round of "...what." from everyone.
-This fight is so ridiculous. I love it.
-TR broke something in the Tornadus shrine. Hmm.

A pretty hilarious episode if you take it for what it is - a giant parody of superhero cartoons. Yes, most of it is dumb, but that's the point. Superhero cartoons are full of evil plots that don't make any sense, people dumb enough that they never figure out the superhero's true identity(even though it should be blatently obvious on several occassions), overdramatic music, and ridiculous costumes.

Seeing that "Swift Hero Zubat" thing just makes this make even more obvious.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
It was a pretty good Episode, tbh. ^^ Not Great, but Good. Accelgor was awesome, too (though, it lookes SOO Fat at times! :D )~<3

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
A pretty hilarious episode if you take it for what it is - a giant parody of superhero cartoons.

Live action superhero shows, actually. The main difference between them and their cartoon counterparts is that they're usually a lot dumber, and thus, a lot better.

Janovy

Banned
Wow, this was a fun episode! :D

Highlights;

- Iris hiding behind Dento due her fear from ice types (continuity ftw!)
- Ash being clueless about Charles' real identity, lol.
- Oshawott slipping over the ice and destroying the remote.
- I really liked the climax of the episode - I also loved the animation of Sheer Cold. :D

Vellza

Yeah, this is essentially one big tribute to tokusatsu, isn't it? I love this as an idea for filler, it's great to watch and pick up on some of the references, I noticed a reference to Sentai posing, Kamen Rider Stronger's introduction speech, as well as a couple of other things Rider-related.

CupidKirby

Gee, Pokemon just really goes all out on these super hero episodes. It was ridiculous, but I have to admit that they did the parody well. From villains who stare dumbly as a hero is aiming a kick at them, to the villain's choice of pokemon, to the outlandish evil plan. Reminds me a bit of Kanto fillers actually. I wish more filler episodes weren't as afraid to be just as ridiculous once in a while. This episode was...different after the stream of ones we've been getting.

Overall I enjoyed it. I may watch it again just for kicks.

Favorite Parts:
- It's like they're advertissing just how much Vanillite scares the fanbase
- Ash not knowing who Swift Hero A-Gilder was
- Iris calling the villains kids after hearing their 'evil' scheme
- Ash's first reaction when getting to the cold storage is to send out Pokabu followed by an order of flamethrower. I'm...impressed...
- Iris hiding behind Dent twice
- Everyone wondering why there was no Crygonal

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yeah, this is essentially one big tribute to tokusatsu, isn't it? I love this as an idea for filler, it's great to watch and pick up on some of the references, I noticed a reference to Sentai posing, Kamen Rider Stronger's introduction speech, as well as a couple of other things Rider-related.

Stronger too, huh?

We got a huge reference guide up here, if you know of any further references, we'd love to hear them. This episode was filled to the brim with them.

gliscor&yanmega

Just finished watching it. I found it to be really funny, which was obviously what they were aiming for.

I'd list what I thought was funny but then I'd basically list everything in the episode. Although the things I found most funny were:
-Ash not knowing Charles was Swift Hero A☆Gilder despite everyone else knowing. It's understandable that he wouldn't know though...well until Linda basically spilled the beans that is.
-Charles being a goof at times despite him suppose to be a hero.
-Everyone expecting Professor Tsuraraa to have a Cryogonal, he ends up saying that Cryogonal was too strong for him to get haha.
-The stick figure scene, or whatever it would be called. Just seemed so cheap and childish, which I thought was funny.

I thought Clay, Charles, Tsyraraam and Linda sounded good. The henchmen...they didn't really say much and I was a little distracted with them flapping their arms.

I like the Team Rocket build up.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I loved this episode, Charles and Linda were great characters.

Professor Tsuraraa having a Vanillish was really surprising.

I think this episode triggered my love towards the Vanillite line.

And we get to see Iris' fear of Ice-types again when she hid behind Cilan.

ShigaKyou

It's cool that this episode had Tokusatsu theme to it. I'm a nerd when it comes to that kind of stuff. X3

SmartD

It's a neat episode. The Accelguard guy reminds me Kamen Rider, of course the reference is probably intentional. And Iris calling the bad guy a kid is amusing.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This episode sure woke me up in the morning. It was not surprising on how Ash did not know the identity of the man when he couldn't know the identity of Team Rocket alot of times too.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So they showed Clay,TR plan,showed Charles and the Plasma in the ice place but changed it to some other group. I think we can say this is not a filler ep.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Let's put it this way.

Anything with Accelgor and his idiot trainer was filler. There we go.

But we saw Clay,got the storage room plot (even with plasama bit thats for obvious reasons,saw TR