• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue! (718)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Before I saw this episode, I had moderate hope that this would be a cool episode. By the end, I thought this episode was rather bad. The Mighty Accelguard was pretty much a rip-off of Gligarman including the ridiculous heroic poses and such. Team Vanillite was another horrible concept of the episode with a scheme just as bad as they are. Lastly, I was hoping to see a Cryogonal from Cryogonalman and the fact that such a thing never happened just made this episode more disappointing.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Before I saw this episode, I had moderate hope that this would be a cool episode. By the end, I thought this episode was rather bad. The Mighty Accelguard was pretty much a rip-off of Gligarman including the ridiculous heroic poses and such. Team Vanillite was another horrible concept of the episode with a scheme just as bad as they are. Lastly, I was hoping to see a Cryogonal from Cryogonalman and the fact that such a thing never happened just made this episode more disappointing.

Boohoo, I thought it was a great parody of Kamen Rider.

Now, before I watch the dub, I must ask - Does Charles sound okay?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Boohoo, I thought it was a great parody of Kamen Rider.

Of course! He was voiced by Dan fapping Green!

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I liked this episode because it showcased parts of driftveil along with the plot. It also included some really funny parts (Oshawott deserves a mention here) which just enhanced the episode. Also, the plot deepens with team rockets, what are they up to?

gliscor&yanmega

I think you missed the point of the episode.

Accelguard is meant to be a parody, being based on most likely Kaiketsu Zubat, and Kamen Raider to some extent. He wasn't a rip-off of Gligarman...I don't think you can really even rip-off something that's part of the same franchise, at less it doesn't make any sense to me. You're to take Charles for what he's worth, a parody, as what the episode basically was.

Team Vanillite kept the parody of the episode going, being a weird group with a weird plan was for the sake of humor, they weren't meant to be a dangerous group of people who plan to blow up the world or whatever, they were comedic relief.

The fact Ferrara didn't use a Cryogonal, was just more of the comedic aspect of the episode.

Despite the fact this was a parody episode, it still had plenty of action that wasn't completely comedic.

Frankly I thought it was a great episode for what it's meant to be.

Anyways, I enjoyed the dub voices for Charles, Linda, and Ferrara, I would have liked Ferrara to have a little more age in his voice but overall I liked their voices. Accelgor and Vanillish sounded fine to me, nothing that interesting to me but I didn't think they were bad. Clay's voice I didn't really like.

I enjoyed the dub episode.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode, nice to see Clay here, though unable to battle. I agree that there were some hilarious moments. Much of the episode seemed to be a filler, but at least the beginning and ending were not.

Battra

Nice tribute episode celebrating Shotaro Ishinomori's work's of Zubat & Kamen Rider.

Nope. He sounds like an old lady getting beaten up by a Zebstrika.

Ph03n1x

Wow I dont usually complain about episodes, but this was actually so bad I cringed. Lol a couple things that really blew my mind:

1) Why would a thief go through so much effort just to steal a bucket of apples...?...I mean seriously if you were going to send your Pokemon in and escape using your getaway car, why not steal a bunch of diamonds? I mean even team rocket, as useless as they are, know that you either go big or go home. I mean who knows, maybe the guy really likes his apples, but why the heck does he need to steal them? The guy clearly aint poor if he can afford such a pretty looking convertible

2) When that blonde chick enters the warehouse and fails to put up a fight, her and her pokemon get tied up....around a half a meter piece of wood. What in the world did they do, bolt the piece of wood to the floor? The pokemon literally carries it around on him 24/7 like its no big deal, whats stopping them both from just getting up and walking away with it? These guys have to be the dumbest criminals I have ever seen, with the exception with that first guy who went to jail for a bucket of apples.

While were talking about that Pokemon, I cant help but speculate what goes on in his Pokeball with all that extra space taken up by his piece of wood. Lol i mean I was okay with the fact that Pokemon somehow dissapear into these things, but now you're telling me the wood goes with him? Hey why not pack your lunch in there too while youre at it, apparently theres a whole lot of space in there!

3) It seems silly that after all the trouble the bad guys went with gathering up their food supplies in there, they simply up and away like it never happened. Youd think a bad guy would have a pokemon of his own to throw out when things go wrong.

4) If you were driving away in a massive truck, trying to save yourself from a possible life in prison, and some guy in a suit drove up with his motorcyle and cut you off, would you stop the truck, get out and ask "who are you?" I mean who in their right mind does that. Even for a kids show. I mean i'm not saying he shouldve knocked the motorcycle out of his path, because that would be innapropriate, but why in the world would you stop and walk out to ask who he is? I mean seriously I hope his curiosity got satisfied, because he'll have alot of time to ponder in prison (or whatever place evil pokemon characters go)

gliscor&yanmega

Wow I dont usually complain about episodes, but this was actually so bad I cringed. Lol a couple things that really blew my mind:

1) Why would a thief go through so much effort just to steal a bucket of apples...?...I mean seriously if you were going to send your Pokemon in and escape using your getaway car, why not steal a bunch of diamonds? I mean even team rocket, as useless as they are, know that you either go big or go home. I mean who knows, maybe the guy really likes his apples, but why the heck does he need to steal them? The guy clearly aint poor if he can afford such a pretty looking convertible

2) When that blonde chick enters the warehouse and fails to put up a fight, her and her pokemon get tied up....around a half a meter piece of wood. What in the world did they do, bolt the piece of wood to the floor? The pokemon literally carries it around on him 24/7 like its no big deal, whats stopping them both from just getting up and walking away with it? These guys have to be the dumbest criminals I have ever seen, with the exception with that first guy who went to jail for a bucket of apples.

While were talking about that Pokemon, I cant help but speculate what goes on in his Pokeball with all that extra space taken up by his piece of wood. Lol i mean I was okay with the fact that Pokemon somehow dissapear into these things, but now you're telling me the wood goes with him? Hey why not pack your lunch in there too while youre at it, apparently theres a whole lot of space in there!

3) It seems silly that after all the trouble the bad guys went with gathering up their food supplies in there, they simply up and away like it never happened. Youd think a bad guy would have a pokemon of his own to throw out when things go wrong.

4) If you were driving away in a massive truck, trying to save yourself from a possible life in prison, and some guy in a suit drove up with his motorcyle and cut you off, would you stop the truck, get out and ask "who are you?" I mean who in their right mind does that. Even for a kids show. I mean i'm not saying he shouldve knocked the motorcycle out of his path, because that would be innapropriate, but why in the world would you stop and walk out to ask who he is? I mean seriously I hope his curiosity got satisfied, because he'll have alot of time to ponder in prison (or whatever place evil pokemon characters go)

1)Episode was meant to be comedic, they weren't going to have any seriousness when dealing with Charles' plot of the episode.

2)They didn't bolt it to the floor no...they just used that White stuff that came out of Ferrara's cane(...), so that's probably why they couldn't get up...plus why exactly would you even try to get up in-front of the people who just caught you...yah I'm sure they wont just push you back down or anything.

3)What exactly are you talking about? They were outnumbered in the first place and I believe their plan was ruined or something, I don't remember the details of the episode but when Oshawott destroyed the controller they couldn't do anything else, so instead of just letting themselves get caught they made a getaway. And they do all have Pokemon, they just saw the opportunity of escape and took it.

4)I don't remember the details but I don't remember anyone asking who Charles was at that point, but even if they did, so what? It's not like they were going anywhere unless they wanted murder/attempted murder on their list of charges...then they probably would be going away for life. At that point there was no escape and Ferrara knew he'd had to battle his way out.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Drifveil city seems to be a nice place, especially the kind market.

Clay sounded like he was voiced by Sean Schemmel, or am I wrong? (his great deep evil voice make me think of his other role as "Gonard"). Guess I'll have to check Bulbapedia for that.

Overall, this episode was enjoyable. Not familiar with Kamen Rider, but still, good episode.

ForgottenPearl

Yet, for some reason, Iris and Cilan easily figured all out with him, but they totally failed to recognize Team Rocket after that fishing contest fiasco they did.

Heh, I found that funny too. But at least they're a little more with it than Ash is. :)

As for my thoughts on the episode... It was really freaky, almost insane at times. And that's why I really enjoyed it! ^_^ The whole Team Vanillite thing was really funny. I liked the animation style when they were explaining their incredibly intelligent master plan. The Cryogonal thing was a funny twist at the end, too. I liked how Iris commented, "He's a kid, too!" Everyone's a kid with her.

Charles was an amusing character. (Dang, it's out of gas! :)) I liked how, despite acting so cool, his vocab included "gee whiz" and "smartypants." Nice to see him prove himself at the end.

It was also funny to see Oshawott "win" his battle and to see Iris cower in fear of vanilla-ice-cream-shaped Pokemon. It was just a fun episode overall, an amusing spoof of the whole super hero vs. super villain concept.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Clay sounded like he was voiced by Sean Schemmel, or am I wrong? (his great deep evil voice make me think of his other role as "Gonard"). Guess I'll have to check Bulbapedia for that.

I can tell you Clay IS voiced by Sean Schemmel.

And I loved Dan Green doing the voice of Charles and Accelgor.

I loved how this episode's plot was sort of a homage to Kamen Rider.

DeLaw

Accelgor was pretty awesome in its debut. But Charles was not the right trainer for the Accelgor. I feel like I wasted my time watching this,except the part Accelgor uses its attacks.

Swagsire

I felt like I was watching some weird half arsed variety hour show. The vanillite guys are just...what? And then the evil plan done by some vanillite guy on strings as a cutout? Hm the wha now? Not to mention the really. Really. BAD Unova map appearence. At least Accelgor used attacks in the end, and Ash was daft as ever Qwaa ;195;