• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mighty Power of the Sturdy Shedinja! (triple battles)

Cissinho

Shedinja can get Swords Dance. You just have to evolve Nincada at lvl 25. Also, I would give Whismicott Safeguard over Grass Knot just as an emergency backup. Whimsicott is taunt bait no matter what, and Blissey is the only pokemon protecting you from Will-o-wisp and friends. That's just a personal preference though. Alternatively you could give it Endeavor. If Shedinja Mimics that it is pretty much game over for your opponent.

Edit: I've always loved gimmick teams and I think this is amazing btw.

I know that Shedy can lear Swords Dance, but i use Hone Claws because most of the moves i mimicked have an awfull accuracy, so is better to get that accuracy boost ;) ... i am going to teach Safeguard to Whimsicott and you are right, no matter what, that pokemon is condemned to be taun bait jaja... Endeavor was a choice in this team, but i don´t know what happen in the wifi... i just evolved Cottonee that has Endeavor, but when i try to use Whimsicott in wifi, there´s a message that is a problem with my pokemon :/... so i don´t know why... thanks for your help ;)

PD: in another of the videos that i´m going to upload i use Endeavor + Mimic with Shedy and it really works

I like your team, but I have to say that the team have a counter. The Pokémons who have Mold Breaker can unusable Sturdy, and defeat Shedinja. Rampardos, for example, can use Rock Slide to defeat Blissey, Shedinja and other Pokémons.

Yes, i was thinking the same... but you forget something... Skill Swap on Blissey... if i saw a pokemon with Mold Breaker then i skill swap the abitily and the risk is gone... yes, if they kill blissey is there no much to do, so i was thinking to use a Pokemon with Gastro Acid, but i´m not sure of what pokemon can help...

what a brilliant team you've got there, its will wreck enemy if they off guard. but you should beware of taunt and entry hazard especially, if a taunt used on blissey it will broke your strategy completely (maybe)

btw, what song did you use in the video? (off topic)

Yes, taunt and entry hazard are my enemys, and that´s what i´m trying to counter, but i don´t know well what pokes can help with that without changing the strategy of the team... so if you are an idea of that, would you help me please? ;)

The song´s name is Pokemon MD2 Primal Dialga Remix... i don´t know why, but it was in my Music folder in my pc jajaja...

Good win on the video although the other guy kinda sucked. He used an all Fire team and a Larvesta with an Eviolite o_O. Weird, but one last thing to watch out for is that if Blissey gets Taunted, then you're kinda screwed.

Yes, the other guy sucked jajaja when i saw the Larvest it was like WTF! jaja... i don´t think that he sucked for the mono type team (i know several people that uses that teams and have very good strategys), but the Larvesta thing was weird xD
yes, blissey is screwed easily with taunt... i´m looking for a counter for that, but at the moment the team is unchanged ...

Thanks to all of you for the comments! ... in some hours i´m going to upload 2 more videos (one vs a sandstorm team and one were shedy KO 4 of the 6 oponnent pokemon)

superpokemon67

Future VGC Champ.
1. I don't think you can skill swap Wonder Guard and
2. Wouldn't Skill Swapping it get rid of Wonder Guard?

Cissinho

1. I don't think you can skill swap Wonder Guard and
2. Wouldn't Skill Swapping it get rid of Wonder Guard?

1. I never used Skill Swap in Wonder Guard!... see the video, i first give Insomnia to Shedinja and then use skill swap to get Sturdy on Shedy..

2. Yes, but Wonder Guard is not the best ability for Shedy due her multiple weaknesses... Sturdy works way better ;)

AnakBaé

Yes, taunt and entry hazard are my enemys, and that´s what i´m trying to counter, but i don´t know well what pokes can help with that without changing the strategy of the team... so if you are an idea of that, would you help me please? ;)

The song´s name is Pokemon MD2 Primal Dialga Remix... i don´t know why, but it was in my Music folder in my pc jajaja...

yeah but i think there is little chance people can beat this team unless they know your strategy or has a lot of fast stall breaker or annoying pokemon with taunt like whimsicott, it can taunt your blissey & put a leech seed to your shedinja which gonna be a pain in the ass!
and i also think your shedinja should learn Sword dance either than HC & another skill swapper if blissey KO'ed :D

wow thanks i just realized it was song from PMD last battle, i often heard that from many videos lol

Last edited:

Cissinho

yeah but i think there is little chance people can beat this team unless they know your strategy or has a lot of fast stall breaker or annoying pokemon with taunt like whimsicott, it can taunt your blissey & put a leech seed to your shedinja which gonna be a pain in the ass!
and i also think your shedinja should learn Sword dance either than HC & another skill swapper if blissey KO'ed :D

wow thanks i just realized it was song from PMD last battle, i often heard that from many videos lol

yes, that´s true... for the moment, the unique thing that is saving me from entry hazards or taunters is the surprise factor xD... no one expect this strategy... and at the moment i have a good winning streak (i lost the 2 first battles, but now i have win 8 battles in line).. for that i´m trying to changes some pokes and make this strategy more perfect... and i´m thinking to send out another leads (some taunters, spinners, etc.) and maybe that will work better, but i´m in searching for better options ;)

OMG potatoes

Pokemon Trader
Blissey @CHOPLE BERRY
Ability: Natural Cure (it doesn´t matters)
Bold Nature
Evs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 52 Spe
-Skill Swap
-PROTECT
-Safeguard
-Softboiled

Skarmory @Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
Evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
-Tailwind
-Icy Wind
-Taunt
-Brave Bird

Whimsicott @FOCUS SASH
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
Evs: 4 Hp / 252 Def / 252 SpD
-WORRY SEED
-Taunt
-SAFEGAURD
-Sunny Day

Sunny day if there is a weather problem, Taunts stealth rock users, Safegaurds when there is no weather or stealth rock problems.

Golduck @Wacan Berry
Ability: Cloud Nine
Timid Nature
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
-Protect
-Worry Seed
-Icy Wind
-Surf

Anti-Weather/Worry Seed support.If Whimsicott dies you get a free switch to Golduck who then is free to worry seed the incoming Shedninja

Shedinja @Focus Sash
Mild Nature
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
-Mimic
-Shadow Sneak
-X-Scissor
-Hone Claws

Free space can be used for any type of support that you think you would need, scince LickiLicky isnt really needed

Last edited:

noob21

3 sum!!!
ive never had a tiple battle before but if I were you I would pack SD on shednija so that way it will be able to set up with one hit and kill another but thats just me though.

noob21

3 sum!!!
ive never had a tiple battle before but if I were you I would pack SD on shednija so that way it will be able to set up with one hit and kill another but thats just me though.

Cissinho

Blissey @CHOPLE BERRY
Ability: Natural Cure (it doesn´t matters)
Bold Nature
Evs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 52 Spe
-Skill Swap
-PROTECT
-Safeguard
-Softboiled

Skarmory @Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
Evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
-Tailwind
-Icy Wind
-Taunt
-Brave Bird

Whimsicott @FOCUS SASH
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
Evs: 4 Hp / 252 Def / 252 SpD
-WORRY SEED
-Taunt
-SAFEGAURD
-Sunny Day

Sunny day if there is a weather problem, Taunts stealth rock users, Safegaurds when there is no weather or stealth rock problems.

Golduck @Wacan Berry
Ability: Cloud Nine
Timid Nature
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
-Protect
-Worry Seed
-Icy Wind
-Surf

Anti-Weather/Worry Seed support.If Whimsicott dies you get a free switch to Golduck who then is free to worry seed the incoming Shedninja

Shedinja @Focus Sash
Mild Nature
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
-Mimic
-Shadow Sneak
-X-Scissor
-Hone Claws

Free space can be used for any type of support that you think you would need, scince LickiLicky isnt really needed

you are right... i like the changes you made... i´m going to try that... and i´m thinking to put another supporter... maybe a spinner, but i´m not sure of what pokemon can work good in this team... thanks for your help

UsernameSayWha?

Hates Hidden Power
You can't skill swap Wonder Guard or Multitype. So your whole team is flawed right there.

Cissinho

You can't skill swap Wonder Guard or Multitype. So your whole team is flawed right there.

that´s only SPAM!!... read de whole thread before you post... i explained my strategy over and over and there is a video where you can see that this strategy is completely legal... if you don´t like, well i can understand, but don´t say anything if you don´t know how this works

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
People really love this thread! :D

I must say, great team again. Great idea, there's not much else to change.

Cissinho

People really love this thread! :D

I must say, great team again. Great idea, there's not much else to change.

jajaj thanks... and obviously people loves this thread... si about Shedinja! xD...

i made some little changes and i´m still searching for another support pokemon to replace lickilicky... any suggestions are welcome ;)

EDIT: i upload another video!! ... enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndXtZZbw-e0

Last edited:

windsong

WEST SIDE
Just gonna say that the person who rated this 5-star is an idiot.

But hey thread ratings here don't matter anyhow, ahahaa.

Anyways, you clearly have no idea what the doubles/triples (though triples isn't a real metagame) metagames are like, with Hyper Offense basically the only thing that's played in standard doubles/triples. You lose to sand offense, hail offense, and a ton of other standard stuff. Worst yet, nothing has protect, which should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be true of a doubles/triples team. Also, literally 5/6 of the team is never going to be of any use, with only really Golduck being any good in doubles/triples play. But if you want to center the team around Sheddy, I'd advise dropping everything other than Sheddy and running like DrizzleToed/Thunderous/OtherRainAbusers/Sheddy (depending on the tier list you're playing by, swift swim + drizzle may be allowed in triples; if so, use it).

But honestly the best advice I can give you would be to scrap it, if you really intend it to be a competitive team for you to win with. And if it's just a joke team for you and your friends to play using, without any real intent to win, then you shouldn't be posting it in the CRMT anyhow.

Cissinho

Just gonna say that the person who rated this 5-star is an idiot.

But hey thread ratings here don't matter anyhow, ahahaa.

Anyways, you clearly have no idea what the doubles/triples (though triples isn't a real metagame) metagames are like, with Hyper Offense basically the only thing that's played in standard doubles/triples. You lose to sand offense, hail offense, and a ton of other standard stuff. Worst yet, nothing has protect, which should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be true of a doubles/triples team. Also, literally 5/6 of the team is never going to be of any use, with only really Golduck being any good in doubles/triples play. But if you want to center the team around Sheddy, I'd advise dropping everything other than Sheddy and running like DrizzleToed/Thunderous/OtherRainAbusers/Sheddy (depending on the tier list you're playing by, swift swim + drizzle may be allowed in triples; if so, use it).

But honestly the best advice I can give you would be to scrap it, if you really intend it to be a competitive team for you to win with. And if it's just a joke team for you and your friends to play using, without any real intent to win, then you shouldn't be posting it in the CRMT anyhow.

i don´t mind what are you talking about and really i don´t care... if you don´t see this team in action, then don´t comment.... i do this team for competitive battles and i fighted against offensive sandstorm, offensive hail teams and i win... if you like to protect with all your pokemon, that´s your strategy... i´m really bored to see how all the people uses standard sets in all of their pokemons, so i am trying something new, and it really works...
if you are not going to help, then don´t comment...

PD: i´m think the only idiot here are you ;)

windsong

WEST SIDE
OK, so you've beaten a couple of bad opponents who probably didn't even EV train...great.

Judging by this team you clearly have no idea whatsoever what a doubles/triples metagame is like. You don't run protect (which is a must in doubles/triples) on anything, you hardly use any moves that hit multiple pokemon (discharge, heat wave, etc), and this team just won't work against a good opponent.

Sorry to inform you of this.

Also lol@ your grammar in the last sentence

edit: Also, your team's strategy doesn't work well against a good opponent using a good team because it takes too damn long to set up, and if even one of the important cogs in the team is removed, then you've basically already lost. Finally, "creativity", so to speak, does not make a team good.

Last edited:

Cissinho

OK, so you've beaten a couple of bad opponents who probably didn't even EV train...great.

Judging by this team you clearly have no idea whatsoever what a doubles/triples metagame is like. You don't run protect (which is a must in doubles/triples) on anything, you hardly use any moves that hit multiple pokemon (discharge, heat wave, etc), and this team just won't work against a good opponent.

Sorry to inform you of this.

Also lol@ your grammar in the last sentence

edit: Also, your team's strategy doesn't work well against a good opponent using a good team because it takes too damn long to set up, and if even one of the important cogs in the team is removed, then you've basically already lost. Finally, "creativity", so to speak, does not make a team good.

first... sorry if my grammar is not good, i´m chilean and i am learning english now...

and well i battled good oponents, with good teams and with EVs, and with strategies... and i won about half of the battles... and i think that´s a good mark with a gimmicky team... if you don´t like this team, don´t comment, the idea of this forum is to help other people with their teams and not insult or underestimate the teams or the people only because you think you are better

windsong

WEST SIDE
It's not that I don't like the team, it's simply that it's not competitively viable, and against a good opponent with experience in the tier, you won't win. And frankly I'm not underestimating you at all -- I think perfectly well that you could be an average player who has absolutely no experience in any metagame other than singles.