• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The miscomsceptions of pokemon by the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I have a lot of issues with this fanbase.........

anyway, the pokemon fanbase is very negative and they constantly rave about how pokemon is getting less and less creative which is actually not true too many people are nostalgia blinded ......... anyway many pokemon from the 4th and 3rd gen are based on things in japanese mythology or animals around there like wooper, mawile and castform, not to mention phione and manaphy. Also the 3rd gen may have ousted the connection with the other gens but they brought many new things to the table that the 4th gen prefected, now Im very hopeful for the 5th and 6 gens

talk about some misconceptions of this doddered down fanbase(NOT A RANT)

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Most people arn't smart enough to realize that the Pokemon world is based on Japan, along with alot of the Pokemon, unintelligence isthe main cuase of this.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I know........ anyway the concentrated hate on anything new thread. personifies my point..... I have a huge hate for people who whine, complain, and are hypocrits (enough to make me angry to the point were I wanna pick up a berreta and put a bullet through there heads.

Last edited:

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Most people arn't smart enough to realize that the Pokemon world is based on Japan, along with alot of the Pokemon, unintelligence is the main cuase of this.

I think that the pokemon world we have seen so far is like a parallel universes version of Japan, so in this Pokemon world the other countries also exist but we haven't seen them yet.

I think it is annoying how most of the internet fans talk about the games as it was targeted at them, and they want unreasonable things to happen.

Zazie

So 1991
I know........ anyway the concentrated hate on anything new thread. personifies my point..... I have a huge hate for people who whine, complain, and are hypocrits (enough to make me angry to the point were I wanna pick up a berreta and put a bullet through there heads.

Kind of like what you're doing now.

Anuway the only big msiconception made is that any of the main series is a bad game. If someone thinks this, they must not know what a bad game really is.

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
yes I try not to complain or go off but these people are nuts.....

The point of this thread is to clear up misconceptions not to complain about this fanbase

Kind of like what you're doing now.

Anuway the only big msiconception made is that any of the main series is a bad game. If someone thinks this, they must not know what a bad game really is.

This.

See, I don't think there's a real major issue in the fanbase. Everyone's gonna dislike something. Just how people are. There are some things I dislike about the games, but I love the whole. People just won't stop focusing on the minor things they DON'T like, and look at the greater whole that is completely awesome.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
- That Pokemon is aimed and marketed at anything other then Young Kids. Yes, you're allowed to play it if you're older, but don't kid yourself you're who GameFreak has in mind.
- That "unoriginal" "overated" or "looks like Digimon" mean anything other then "I don't like it". Possibly in the voice of that wheel-chair dude from Little Britain.
- That an all regions in one game is financially viable and likely.
- That Smogon are tyrants who force people to play how they do, and should be forced to play how you do, for you are right.
- That Mirimaju, and indeed any other of the three starters are any less then awesome.

Last edited:

catzeye

Writer's Block
I think a big misconception is that the anime=games. Which in fact it doesn't. The anime =/= games.

~If Pikachu loses to a random trainer's Scyther, people are going to b*tch. You'll hear "Lulz, pikachu shud b lyk levl 100!!!1!1one"

~And if Ash is struggling with his new Pokes on a gym battle you'll hear "Lyk y doesnt he bring back Charizard n pwn 'em? -.-"

~Oh God forbid we see any trainer tell their Pokemon to dodge. "HE/SHE IZ CHEETIN!!1!! U CANT DODGE N DA GAMEZ!!!1!!one"

Some people think that the anime should follow the games like a puppy dog. In reality it only loosely follows the game. The anime can take liberties since it is supposed to represent what it would be like if Pokemon actually existed. You would tell your Pokemon to dodge. You would train your new Pokes before deciding to use your old ones to crush anybody. And sometimes even your best Pokemon can lose.

Now this is not talking about certain things like:

- Electric moves hitting Ground types.
- Normal or Fighting moves hitting Ghost types.

Profesco

gone gently

Let's stick to that, then, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.