• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Missing Link?

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
Hi all, trying to sort out the messing link for my team. I've just got to the pokemon league and can't work out which pokemon to have as my last slot. I don't like using pokemon any trainer can't normally get their hands on (ie legendaries or starters) so generic pokemon only please, cheers.

Edit: I'm sorry I haven't given natures and Ev's and what type (baton passers/walls/hazers) my pokemon are but frankly I've just got back into pokemon and don't understand all of that yet, I hope to at some point but right now i'm just trying to get to grips with the new types, pokemon, moves and item holding etc.

:553: Moxie

Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Foul Play, Bulldoze.

:586: Sap Sipper - Big Root

Horn Leech, Leech Seed, Facade, Aromatherapy.

:539: Sturdy

Strength, Retaliate, Poison Jab, Double Kick

:614: Snow Cloak

Icicle Crash, Surf, Rest, Facade

:608: Flame Body

Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, Flame Burst, Hex

AND ???

Thanks guys, I can't really think of a missing type other than dragon... which doesn't have many type advantages. I tried psychic but they are weak now (i last played gen I) and so dark and others make them seem pointless plus i hope to give lantern a psychic move at some point.

Last edited:
Edit: I'm sorry I haven't given natures and Ev's and what type (baton passers/walls/hazers) my pokemon are but frankly I've just got back into pokemon and don't understand all of that yet, I hope to at some point but right now i'm just trying to get to grips with the new types, pokemon, moves and item holding etc.

You don't need that stuff in IGRMT.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid/Flash Fire
~ Shadow Ball
~ Flamethrower
~ Energy Ball
~ Calm Mind

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Jolly/Intimidate
~ Earthquake
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide
~ Outrage/Brick Break

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
Ok thanks! Like I said i've only just got to the E4 so should I have those Items yet? The main thing i'm struggling with is the 6th pokemon to have.. I can't think of an important type I haven't covered. I had a zebstrika but ice/rock cover flying and grass covers water.

The Jock

Banned
Give Sawsbuck Swords Dance instead of Leech Seed, Jump Kick over Aromatherapy and Return or Double Edge instead of Facade. Give the Lamp Thing Energy Ball instead of Hex, then Give Sawk Close Combat instead of Double Kick and Stone Edge over Retaliate. Finally, I reccomend you use a Jellicent as your last Pokemon.

-Will O Wisp
-Scald
-Shadow Ball/Hex
-Energy Ball

Last edited:

rocky505

Sawsbuck
Adamant/Jolly
-Horn Leech
-Jump Kick
-Double Edge/Return
-Swords Dance/Wild Charge