• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Missing Member - Platinum RMT

SonicSceptile

Elite Strategist
I just started to play Platinum again and tried to build my team around the three starters. However, I've hit a wall when it came to my sixth member. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please no egg or BF moves.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Surf
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Drill Peck / Signal Beam

This is the set I always use on Empoleon. The last move is a case of do I prepare to counter a type I would try to avoid sending Empoleon against (Fighting) or give it a move to counter Psychics and Darks.

Infernape @ ???
Ability: Blaze
Flamethrower
Shadow Claw
Close Combat / Brick Break
Thunder Punch

I seem to always avoid using the Fire starter. I assume this is a good set. It's not that I don't think Infernape needs set up, but it lacks any kind of bulk to do so.

Torterra @ Quick Claw
Razor Leaf / Giga Drain
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch / Strength / Rock Polish

Torterra is very interesting. It has bulk, but it can also deal out some powerful attacks. May use Strength, to clear up room on Hm slaves.

Gengar @ ???
Ability: Levitate
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Thunder
Focus Blast

I don't know why, but I've always liked Gengar. His Speed and Sp. Atk means he will deal some heavy damage to anything that isn't Blissey, Shuckle and Deoxys-D.

Here's where I started to struggle with members. I came up with two potential members, but can't choose between them.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Dragon Claw
Fly
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

OR

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Aura Sphere
Water Pulse
Psychic
Fly

As for my sixth member, I have very little to go on. I was thinking of using Gardevoir, Espeon or Porygon-Z. Any ideas?

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Go with Togekiss

Togekiss
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
-Roost

Infernape@Focus Sash
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot
-Stone Edge
-Overheat

Empoleon
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Drill Peck

Espeon
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass
-Substitute

Physical Stats for espeon are considerably very low such as attack and defense so this set should take advantage of its high special stats

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Sorry keep getting mixed up with my competetive and in game movesets. Still getting better though.

SonicSceptile

Elite Strategist
One problem I've just realised I have is that Espeon and Togekiss are friendship evos (Togepi - Togetic). I really don't want to have to grind up friendship so I suppose I'll go with Altaria. I've came up with potential movesets for Porygon-Z and Gardevoir.

Porygon-Z @ ???
Ability: Adaptability
Tri Attack
Signal Beam / Shadow Ball
Psychic
Hyper Beam / Thunderbolt

OR

Gardevoir @ ???
Ability: Synchronize
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt / Grass Knot
Calm Mind

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Altaria then? I have 2 sets for him.

Staller Set
Altaria@Leftovers
-Rest
-Sing
-Perish Song
-Protect

Spec Sweeper
Altaria@Leftovers
-Dragon Pulse/Dragon Breath
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Hidden Power

Gardevoir
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Willo-Wisp
-Hidden Power
To be honest your Gardevoir looks like more of a supporter but a calm mind can be great when used at the right time

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Altaria then? I have 2 sets for him.

Staller Set
Altaria@Leftovers
-Rest
-Sing
-Perish Song
-Protect

How does this look like a Staller?

Spec Sweeper
Altaria@Leftovers
-Dragon Pulse/Dragon Breath
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Hidden Power

Actually half decent.

Gardevoir
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Willo-Wisp
-Hidden Power
To be honest your Gardevoir looks like more of a supporter but a calm mind can be great when used at the right time

Shadow Ball > WoW and Focus Miss > Hidden Power.

Comments in Bold.

DD Altaria is the best it can manage. Dragon Claw / Dragon Dance / Earthquake / Aerial Ace.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I meant suicide lead you got what I meant..

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Actually I have no idea, as people who are smart know that it is not a Suicide Lead.