• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Misty/Kasumi Shipping Poll

Which Misty/Kasumi ship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I think there's already been one for her but as it's been inactive, I'm bringing this back.

Who do you ship Misty with?

My personal favorite is Orangeshipping. I've always been a fan of this pairing, they always seemed to be really close to each other and the chronicles showed that. I couldn't stop myself from falling for this pairing.

Remember, no bashing any ships or Misty too, for that matter.

Poll coming shortly.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
eh me I think I'm going with OrangeShipping - I just feel that Kasumi/Misty looks really compatible when she is with Kenji/Tracey, not sure if these two are already a canon pair though

BubChan

Wonderwall
PokéShipping, OrangeShipping and ImageShipping for me

PokéShipping it's so sweet, i love their love/hate relationship, and i believe that Misty likes Ash
OrangeShipping was my first Misty Shipping so i'll never forget it! I love their interactions!
ImageShipping is a awesome platonic ship! i loved to see May saving Misty!

eh me I think I'm going with OrangeShipping - I just feel that Kasumi/Misty looks really compatible when she is with Kenji/Tracey, not sure if these two are already a canon pair though

Sadly, OrangeShipping is not a canon pair :(

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
Orangeshipping is too a cannon pairing! It's what Chronicles was all about! It's more canon than Advancedshipping even, unless you don't believe advanced shipping is canon...

xEryChan

Demon Child
I voted for Orangeshipping, Pokeshipping, and other, which in this case is Novelshipping.

Orangeshipping is my favorite ship involving Misty. Misty always seemed to be really close to Tracey and the chronicles did show that. I could definitely see them together. I know, sadly enough, this pairing is not canon but I think, maybe one day, it could be.

Pokeshipping is a pairing that I grew up with. Perhaps its because of nostalgia but I always loved how their interactions and how Misty followed Ash because his Pikachu destroyed her bike. They had a love/hate relationship and because of that, it made it difficult for me not to ship them together. I admit though, I always saw this pairing as more of brother/sister relationship, giving at how they always bickered with each other but in the end, you could always tell they were very close.

Novelshipping is total!crack ship but I can't help but ship these two together. I think it would be very interesting if these two met since they're complete opposites and to see how they would interact with each other.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
I gotta say Indigoshipping (Ritchie & Misty). She just seems like she would be more compatible with Ritchie than Ash imo since Ritchie seems more considerate and responsible, but since he does have some similarities with Ash so I can see Misty having some sort of attraction towards him since it did seem like she had some feelings for Ash.

I also really like Orangeshipping (Tracy & Misty). They've hangout a lot once Ash left (we heard they still been hanging out at the end of BW). Tracy also has helped her out like when she needed badges and gave her a Azurill, and I can see she would like men more sweet and helpful.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In terms of Misty-related ships, I only support PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) to be honest given all the things that the ship had going for it, and despite Mr. Shudo's mean-spirited comments about Misty not having a crush on Ash a few years back, I still think it was obvious that Misty had romantic feelings for Ash. So I voted for PokeShipping naturally. :p

BlueDragonfangirl

Ever since Chronicles, the only Misty pairing I've ever shipped was Orange shipping :)
BW ending almost made it seem like it was canon HA!

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
Wait, what happened in the ending of BW? All I remember was Oak just mentioning that Tracey visited Misty and her sisters at the Cerulean Gym.

It's Tracey going to see Misty instead of Misty coming to pallet town to see Ash after so long. It seems like they fancy eachother over seeing Ash. A simple little hint that can be interpreted as a ship or just a coincidence. But Ash coming home is a big deal to me, so I see it as a hint.

Navin

MALDREAD
It's Tracey going to see Misty instead of Misty coming to pallet town to see Ash after so long. It seems like they fancy eachother over seeing Ash. A simple little hint that can be interpreted as a ship or just a coincidence. But Ash coming home is a big deal to me, so I see it as a hint.

Tracey (and Misty) didn't know Ash was coming home to Pallet that day. Oak mentions it was coincidence that he was away when Ash arrived.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director

I don't really see that as a hint. How were they supposed to know Ash is coming home? The way I see it is that Tracey went to visit a friend, it's not really a hint, IMO.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
I don't really see that as a hint. How were they supposed to know Ash is coming home? The way I see it is that Tracey went to visit a friend, it's not really a hint, IMO.

And Misty being jealous of Melody in the 2nd movie isn't really a hint to me either. I just see her as not wanting to be replaced by a different girl.

Truly anyone can deny or support what they think is a hint. With Chronicles and the end of Black and White showing Misty and Tracey seeing much of eachother as well as some romantic fun being played, I think there are some pretty strong hints supporting Misty and Tracey, including the one at the end of BW. The simple fact that thy are seeing eachother while not seeing Ash is kinda a big hint. At this point in the show Misty will have spent more time with Tracey than she ever did with Ash. Ash was 5 seasons. Tracey was 10+ seasons and both Ash and Tracey shared a season together too.

chalkus

I think this was a major hint. With this show sometimes you have to read between the lines and I think this was the show's way of telling us that Orange Shipping is canon. I think the end of XY will practically confirm it. I predict that Serena will follow Ash after Kalos, and if she does, it will be the final nail in the coffin to pokeshipping. So yeah, Orange Shipping is at the top of the hill.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I think this was a major hint. With this show sometimes you have to read between the lines and I think this was the show's way of telling us that Orange Shipping is canon. I think the end of XY will practically confirm it. I predict that Serena will follow Ash after Kalos, and if she does, it will be the final nail in the coffin to pokeshipping. So yeah, Orange Shipping is at the top of the hill.

No, that'd come if Ash returned her feelings.

Anyway, it's Pokeshipping for me! I was deeply obsessed with it... and it still has a strong emotional pull on me. In fact, my current OTP involves it... I made up a daughter for Ash and Misty, and then someone to ship her with... developed both characters, and got obsessed with that instead, because I'm a ridiculous person. And now I'm going to shamelessly plug my fic about that character, which is linked in my sig.

But I digress. What I love about Pokeshipping is... well, there's so much I love about it. I love how, even though Ash and Misty didn't get along at first, she still cared about him. I love how they became really close over time, how, at some indefinable point, they were teasing each other instead of really fighting. I love how at ease they were with each other, how they accepted and cared about each other as they were. I love how devoted Misty was to Ash, the way she was always looking out for him, even though he really didn't seem to notice. I love how... decisive she was. It always kind of bothered me that she was kind of tagging along with Ash instead of following her own dreams, especially since she was such a strong person with so much potential... But regardless, she wasn't some hopelessly love-struck hanger-on (and before anyone assumes that I mean to say Serena is, I don't; I think it'd be good for her to find a goal and become more independent... but she's still growing and figuring things out for herself, and that's fine). She knew Ash might never return her feelings, and that was hard for her... but she accepted that, and decided that being with the person she cared about was what was most important to her. I'm not so sure that was the best choice... I mean, obviously, I wanted her to stay with Ash, but... It's not good for one person to do all the giving and one to do all the taking. That's too one-sided-- the relationship isn't between equals then, which, in the real world, leads to lack of respect on one side, resentment on the other, and those kinds of things drive people apart... Still, I felt like Misty followed Ash for herself, as well. I admired her for being so self-aware and doing what she thought was best no matter how hard it was.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
No ships have ever had truly objectively clear hints. It might be obvious that one character likes another, but there has never been a moment in the show that indicated the two were in love or together. Shipping in it's whole is created by fan's dreams and they scramble at any moment in the show they can that might support their dream. This includes the Tracy and Misty being together and not in Pallet town when Ash comes home.

Last edited by a moderator:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Pokeshipping- I mean, we all have to admit, that was a ship in the show that actually had something goin'. Too bad we were teased by these lead ons and she just left the show.

Imageshipping too. Love Misty and May, favorite characters in anime world/pokemon, so why not just ship them together? xD

cries because all of the irrelevant bs a certain user is trying to stir up

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
No ships have ever had truly objectively clear hints. It might be obvious that one character likes another, but there has never been a moment in the show that indicated the two were in love or together. Shipping in it's whole is created by fan's dreams and they scramble at any moment in the show they can that might support their dream. This includes the Tracy and Misty being together and not in Pallet town when Ash comes home.

I don't think that's true. With all the bickering and getting embarrassed Ash and Misty did... that was pretty clear (I mean, the dub did play it up, but some of it was there in the Japanese). And Serena liking Ash is really obvious. I mean, it's not like real life, where those things could mean a bunch of different things-- actions in stories aren't superfluous (unless it's poor writing); they're all meant to tell us something about the characters. That's why it bothers me, as an obsessive Pokeshipper, that Ash scratches his nose when he's having a moment with Serena sometimes. If it were real life, it wouldn't mean anything necessarily, but when looking at it as fiction... Someone's going to the trouble to write that in, and then to animate it... So the writers are definitely trying to portray some kind of emotion with it. Anyway, the authors also use established tropes from the body of previous works as to get their point across. When you see a person get nervous and blush whenever they're around someone, we automatically know what that means, because we've seen it mean the same thing time and time again. Writers know this, and use it as a kind of shorthand. My point is, you don't need a character or writer to come out and confirm something for it to be canon-- it's not always clear, but some things are pretty much the same as having a character flat-out say they like someone. I mean, if you have to have 100% certainty before calling something canon... that's not even really possible, because you could always say that they don't mean what they say, or they're lying, or what have you. It's impossible to eliminate all alternate possibilities.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Been meaning to post here but I've kept putting it off. Well, I'll just do it now.

I voted for Orangeshipping. This is my favorite ship involving Misty and probably always will be. They always seemed to be really close and the Pokemon chronicles were proof of that. Plus, they would look really cute together, if you ask me/

I've seen some discussion saying how this pairing is canon and honestly, it's not. While I would like if it did, in fact, become canon, Tracey and Misty never confessed having feelings for each other at all, nor did they ever get together as well. So yeah, this is not a canon pairing. I have hopes that maybe one day it will become canon and that would make me very happy but as of right now, it's not canon, okay? I don't understand why you all are fighting with each other over a ship that is not canon.

Maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.