• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Misty/Kasumi Shipping Poll

Which Misty/Kasumi ship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
I don't think that's true. With all the bickering and getting embarrassed Ash and Misty did... that was pretty clear (I mean, the dub did play it up, but some of it was there in the Japanese). And Serena liking Ash is really obvious. I mean, it's not like real life, where those things could mean a bunch of different things-- actions in stories aren't superfluous (unless it's poor writing); they're all meant to tell us something about the characters. That's why it bothers me, as an obsessive Pokeshipper, that Ash scratches his nose when he's having a moment with Serena sometimes. If it were real life, it wouldn't mean anything necessarily, but when looking at it as fiction... Someone's going to the trouble to write that in, and then to animate it... So the writers are definitely trying to portray some kind of emotion with it. Anyway, the authors also use established tropes from the body of previous works as to get their point across. When you see a person get nervous and blush whenever they're around someone, we automatically know what that means, because we've seen it mean the same thing time and time again. Writers know this, and use it as a kind of shorthand. My point is, you don't need a character or writer to come out and confirm something for it to be canon-- it's not always clear, but some things are pretty much the same as having a character flat-out say they like someone. I mean, if you have to have 100% certainty before calling something canon... that's not even really possible, because you could always say that they don't mean what they say, or they're lying, or what have you. It's impossible to eliminate all alternate possibilities.

What I meant was that when two characters are shipped they are looked at as a couple by fans. Sure, there might be evidence of characters having emotions or attractions to others, but we've never had characters actually get together. That's why shipping is completely fan created. There have been no hints of dating or hooking up.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
I think this was a major hint. With this show sometimes you have to read between the lines and I think this was the show's way of telling us that Orange Shipping is canon. I think the end of XY will practically confirm it. I predict that Serena will follow Ash after Kalos, and if she does, it will be the final nail in the coffin to pokeshipping. So yeah, Orange Shipping is at the top of the hill.
This brings chances for other Misty ships too, like Ego and Gym.

By the way, I voted for Gym, Image, Poké, Ego, and Other (for Masumi). I'm a hard core GymShipper but I will not deny that I like other Misty ships. And 5 votes for Gym? The ship was a lot more popular before I even knew what Pokémon was! It hurts me seeing one of my main OTPs slowly decrease in popularity...

chalkus

This brings chances for other Misty ships too, like Ego and Gym.

By the way, I voted for Gym, Image, Poké, Ego, and Other (for Masumi). I'm a hard core GymShipper but I will not deny that I like other Misty ships. And 5 votes for Gym? The ship was a lot more popular before I even knew what Pokémon was! It hurts me seeing one of my main OTPs slowly decrease in popularity...

I can't imagine Brock getting with someone much younger than he is nor can I see Misty putting up with his wannabe philandering.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The reason Orangeshipping became popular is back when AG was airing they constantly showed Tracey with Misty at the Gym, while Ash was traveling.

The writers were definitely toying around with the idea of Misty/Tracey during the AG series, they even have Daisy imagine Misty/Tracey in a romantic play together. I think about halfway into AG the writers realized they weren't going to bring Misty back to the cast, so they were trying to give her a new ending with Tracey in the Gym.

Although given both Misty and Tracey haven't appeared in an episode in a decade now, there's really not much else to say about it. They did say in the last BW episode that Tracey was at Cerulean Gym again though, oddly enough.

Last edited:

pokemon fan 132

I remember i talked about this in some other thread, but i have to say that pokeshipping out of all Misty pairings came of as most organic, dimensional and authentic for me.

There clearly existed chemisty which exceeded boundry of simple friendship between ash and Misty. At least in Misty case it did with her affection toward main protagonist Ash when we follow change of dynamic and insight in Misty feelings, developing from simple crush in young love by end of Johto.

There has been no other person toward who Misty expressed such concern and care like she did for Ash, Shedding tears and being deeply depressed whenever he was in danger thinking he either died or something bad happened to him. This can be noticed when he was extracted from body in Lavender Town, when he almost drowned in second movie, when he left on his own in dangerous storm to stop TR in Lugia arc during Johto with Brock comforting her.

There has not been person for who Misty showed protective, even at times posessive nasture erupting with jealousy and grudge when other females laid eye on Ash(Giselle, Melody, Macy etc). Blushing like crazy whenever she was accused by others like TR, Tracey, nurse Joy and other characters of being in love with Ash trying to deny it and being heavily defensive.

Or strong level of attachment and devotion in being only girl which rejected several offers to stay with Ash continuing traveling with him. Like when Rudy proposed her to stay with him having everything she could possibly imagine, or character going through conflict and struggling at end of Johto in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" clearly not wanting to leave not only because of not being interested in gym and wanting to continue exploring world, new pokemon and advance her water master career.

But also because she wanted to stay with Ash , with Brock being first one to notice that after his inconsiderate remarks which caused Misty to run away angered and deeply hurted. Because of way Ash reacted to fact of having to split up after so much time.

There is also incident in chronicles where Misty once again rejected other boy(Georgio)because of "her heart belonging to someone else". Which as uncleared as it may be, most likely was referred to Ash imo. Since at end of Cerulean Blues Misty only thinks of Ash in original version, as well Psyduck teasing her, who was very well familiar with Misty feelings making her facepalm and irritated. Reinforcing fact that she indeed holds feelings for someone she knows for very long time.

Granted some would say Tracey, but personally based on history and fact how Misty never displayed such wide diapason of emotions from blushing, denial, jealousy, affection and denial toward him. Ill have to go with supposition it was Ash she thought about.

Im not fan of headcannons only going by facts, so without conrete evidence im sorry , i cannot see anything more between Misty and Tracey than strong friendship and yes care. But in platonic way viewing Tracey as her older brother imo.

Another circumstance which goes in favor of pokeshiping for me was incredibly enjoyable, natural and realistic chemistry present between Misty and Ash. They were like fire and water, yang and zing which were so different, yet so similar in other aspects having everyhing what is needed for exciting, varied and balanced relationship.

From Misty stubborn, impulsive nature to Ash brash, cheeky arrogance . With Misty hotheaded attitude and strong willingness igniting reactions from Ash side which often led to clash and comic scenes, questioning his skills or challeging ego when he becomes cocky having head in clouds. But also in criticized him and pushing to train harder or showed same level of passion and spirit in battling, proving who is better like Misty did(they worked like tandem, ying and yang in that aspect).

Extracting from Ash that emotion and genuine unselfish side through moral support, compassion and understanding(when saving his life, curing him from spore etc which no one else really did) making him humble and more down to earth.

In return Ash selfless nature, great deal of care, bravery to jump into danger and help those who are in need of it also left influence on Misty. In developing better understanding for pokemon(best evidenced in accepting Psyduck over time for who he is), discovering her own talents and qualities as person in becoming more confident and selfrelian.

Geting over issue of feeling inferior and insecure to others(like older sisters), became more reasonable and compassionate as person willing to admit her own flaws and accept criticism better.

Ash presence also often incited her brash, sassy and selfrighteous nature through his reckless,immature behavior with Misty developing need and obligation to look after him and protect of not getting hurt,. She did said that Ash is like "her burden" in second movie if im not mistaken.

Perhaps Ash influence on Misty character came to expression best when doing something she wouldnt done before such as jumping infront of pokemon attacks to protect Gyarados,or becoming more determined in taking charge of things in her hands as evidenced in often pairing up with him in battling TR or other trainers. Going out of her way in trying to catch or stop pokemon for him(like Sneasel or Snorlux) etc.

Testament to Ash and Misty friendship and bond developing to close level became noticeable to me during Johto and later in Hoenn. With their dynamic changing from annoyance and intolerance toward each other flaws, constant fighting and clash to playful teasing. Joking on each oher account through sarcastic remarkes. Moments of conflict where both when being angry and rubbed wrong way resorted rather to yelling, being mad arguing and grumpy rather than punching others and having little to no patience.

Both became more supportive and aware of how much they mean to each oher, With Ash showing lot of concern and care whenever Misty was left missing from group(like in Ursaring forest, when lost with Marill, when Hanson threatened her and Togepi wanting to protect her etc). In return Misty started to admire Ash flaws and naive, easy going nature, giving him unbounded support and encouragement to believe in himself during battles not letting Ash to fall in depression after losing(like at end ogf Indigo league or when losing vs Rudy), comforting him when leaving pokemon behind(like Charizard or Squirtle) or losing tough battles(vs Gary, Whitney for example) .

That can be noticeable during her cameos in Hoenn as well. Playfully joking over his skills as trainer or resourcefulness with Ash answering back to provications leading to lighthearted, natural two way interactions pervated with humor, alacricy and funny dialogue. And Ash inconsiderate behavior making her annoyed, but also very hapy and grateful to be able to be in his company again. Winking, working as team when fighting dr. Doom or colonel Hanson and revealing lot of independence and energy flowing between them.

Ash and Misty bond matured greatly since early days showing through interactions, teamwork and way they react to each other provocations and wisecracks how much they became accepting of each other differences, how much they spent togther and grew to care, appreciate themselves as persons.

I would also like to add that no one else caused such conflic fermenting inside Misty character through course of OS like Ash presence did.

Showing how she herself isn't sure what and how she should feel about Ash and whether he even attracts her or not. Not wanting and having trouble herself to admit and realize if their is something. Which would give out impression how she was confused and undecided herself of whole situation.

The writers were definitely toying around with the idea of Misty/Tracey during the AG series, they even have Daisy imagine Misty/Tracey in a romantic play together. I think about halfway into AG the writers realized they weren't going to bring Misty back to the cast, so they were trying to give her a new ending with Tracey in the Gym.

Whatever they tried to do, they never delivered ending though.

Whole future and in what way Misty story will flow was blatantly left undefined and wide open. Its quite obvious how Misty didnt expressed desire to remain at gym for her whole life filling up for lazy sisters, not being known if she plans to stay or leave at some point to make further progress toward her dreams on more substantial basis. Goals of becoming water pokemn master, learn and discover secrets about water pokemon learning everything she can and potentially one day reach E4 level based on wanting to become like her. Recognized and strongest water expert in world showing everyone beauty and uniqueness of this pokemon type.

It didnt seemed to me that Misty and Tracey are one step away from engagement either. With nothing indicating how they will become pair in future. Maybe in meantime something changed, but since it passed 9 years its anyone guess as far as Misty love life goes. Impossible to know since Misty, her story and ambitions are completely forgotten by writers sadly.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
Misty deserves someone better than Ash, like Tracey for example. Tracey would be a much better person for Misty. Thats another reason I like Orange shipping.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Misty deserves someone better than Ash, like Tracey for example. Tracey would be a much better person for Misty. Thats another reason I like Orange shipping.
I'm curious now. How exactly is Tracey a "better person" than Ash?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I'm curious now. How exactly is Tracey a "better person" than Ash?

A lot of Pokeshippers and Misty fans feel like he just kind of forgot about her after she left... and also that he never appreciated her being there for him. That's what that's about.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
A lot of Pokeshippers and Misty fans feel like he just kind of forgot about her after she left... and also that he never appreciated her being there for him. That's what that's about.

Also Ash is obviously never going to stop traveling and will continue to go on to endless new regions. Misty and Tracey live relatively close to one another too.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Also Ash is obviously never going to stop traveling and will continue to go on to endless new regions. Misty and Tracey live relatively close to one another too.

Well, I was just talking about what people mean when they say that Tracey is a better person than Ash.

chalkus

Exactly. I don't know why anyone would want Misty to be all alone in a gym all day every day pinning for some guy who has no time for her instead of being with someone else.

Navin

MALDREAD
Exactly. I don't know why anyone would want Misty to be all alone in a gym all day every day pinning for some guy who has no time for her instead of being with someone else.

Kek, it hasn't even been one year in anime time.

I wonder if they'll do the same thing with Serena after Ash leaves for Gen 7.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Though technically one could argue that a singular year has passed since we've had a DP Summer Camp and a XY Summer Camp but yeah it's probably been months anime wise since Ash and Misty last physically saw each other. He probably calls his friends when he's at the PokeCenters to keep in touch. In BW he seemed pretty eager to want to talk to Tracey whenever he called Oak so I don't see why that wouldn't extend to his other friends.

They'll send her to limbo/hell Johto

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Its actually kind of ironic that Misty and Tracey have now probably spent more time together than Misty did with Ash.

Misty was only with Ash for 2.5 regions, but Tracey has been visiting her since the beginning of Hoenn through Kalos...that's 4 regions. Assuming Tracey visits her at least once a week or something like that.

chalkus

One year our time and one year in the pokemon world are two different things. A year there is longer than here.

50/50 chance she will be in gen 7. Just remember when it happens, I said it first.

CyberCubed said:
Its actually kind of ironic that Misty and Tracey have now probably spent more time together than Misty did with Ash.

Misty was only with Ash for 2.5 regions, but Tracey has been visiting her since the beginning of Hoenn through Kalos...that's 4 regions. Assuming Tracey visits her at least once a week or something like that.
Exactly. She's probably closer to Tracey now than she ever was with Ash. At least he remembers to check in on her unlike Ash who has ignored her for multiple regions.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
Exactly. She's probably closer to Tracey now than she ever was with Ash. At least he remembers to check in on her unlike Ash who has ignored her for multiple regions.

Exactly my point. She deserves someone better than Ash. Misty also shared a season with both Ash and Tracey, so Tracey is deffinately at a point where he is much closer with Misty than Ash ever was.

pokemon fan 132

Who is to say Misty has to be at gym all the time, until end of time? Who can say how Misty cannot and couldn't go on her own journey to catch new water pokemon, enter water based touirnaments or diverse ones to improve her battle style making it more innovative? Travel to distant regions in discovering new ways to upgrade strength of her pokemon and improve bond(like mega evolution), meet powerful elite water trainers who could teach her secrets how to become water pokemon master which goes in line with her story and personality?

With Misty meeting up with Ash somewhere on road? Ash coming to Misty at Cerulean isn't only viable option. Because Misty can meet up with Ash in whatever region he travels to as well depending on plots and elements which would be of interest to her. Therefore maintaining on relationship and contact not letting friendship and strong bond between them fade away.

Cerulean gym is hardly any impediment because just like substitute was found for Brock when wanting to go on journey, same can be easily done for Misty with sisters growing enough to take their responsibilties(or introducing one of her parents which are confirmed to be alive going by mr. Shudo blogs). Making Misty free to leave on her adventure doing further, more challenging steps in becoming recognized and elite specialist reaching master title without feeling guilt or concern over noone being there to take care of it(main reason behind staying in first place clearly having bigger plans as canon showed).

She didnt seemed closer to him last time we saw them interact together, so everything is just pure speculation at this point and time.

Also some could argue how only reason why writers made Misty inviting Tracey to come at Cerulean exactly around time Ash was about to return to Pallet was to provide convenient excuse. Way in which they could avoid having Tracey or Misty return in person and interact with Ash, catch up on adventures and get some follow up.

Writers afterall had to throw to audience some justification, as languorous as it may be behind Tracey not being at Pallet when Ash came back.

Hardly Ash fault, with burden being on writers to be blamed.

Last edited:

majormanafemale

Ash and Misty in romantic way for relationship. Misty and May in platonic friendship way. Those are the two best to me it will never change. Side not upon reading al these comments Misty never invited Tracey to gym Daisy invited him knce but Oak is primsrly sending Tracey there to deliver food to gym. All Misty has to say id hey Daisy it's your turn to be gym leader and off she goes on another journey. Daisy did offer to take back over when she first got back. Misty felt like she owed Daisy for some reason lazy exuse by writers in my opinion to not to half to write and balance 5 main characters or to include unecarry as main character Max.

Last edited:

chalkus

Who is to say Misty has to be at gym all the time, until end of time? Who can say how Misty cannot and couldn't go on her own journey to catch new water pokemon, enter water based touirnaments or diverse ones to improve her battle style making it more innovative? Travel to distant regions in discovering new ways to upgrade strength of her pokemon and improve bond(like mega evolution), meet powerful elite water trainers who could teach her secrets how to become water pokemon master which goes in line with her story and personality?

With Misty meeting up with Ash somewhere on road? Ash coming to Misty at Cerulean isn't only viable option. Because Misty can meet up with Ash in whatever region he travels to as well depending on plots and elements which would be of interest to her. Therefore maintaining on relationship and contact not letting friendship and strong bond between them fade away.

Cerulean gym is hardly any impediment because just like substitute was found for Brock when wanting to go on journey, same can be easily done for Misty with sisters growing enough to take their responsibilties(or introducing one of her parents which are confirmed to be alive going by mr. Shudo blogs). Making Misty free to leave on her adventure doing further, more challenging steps in becoming recognized and elite specialist reaching master title without feeling guilt or concern over noone being there to take care of it(main reason behind staying in first place clearly having bigger plans as canon showed).

You're making my point for me. Misty could have gone to see Ash but she never made the effort. Ash on multiple occasions could have gone to visit Misty at the gym but didn't even care to. Their behaviors seem pretty clear to me. Misty has moved on, Tracey has filled the void and Ash doesn't care. Done.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
You're making my point for me. Misty could have gone to see Ash but she never made the effort. Ash on multiple occasions could have gone to visit Misty at the gym but didn't even care to. Their behaviors seem pretty clear to me. Misty has moved on, Tracey has filled the void and Ash doesn't care. Done.

Stop saying exactly what I'm thinking! Haha, but yes. Misty and Ash haven't seen eachother for 10 years of the show now. We know she has been seeing Tracey in this time however, so I think it's pretty safe to say Tracey and Misty know eachother much better than Ash and Misty ever did!

Status
Not open for further replies.