• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Misty Mermaid (061)

Littlemyuu

Nah..not really my kind of episode..it was good that Misty took an episode for once

Icefiyre

Banned
I liked that Misty was part of a show and she had to act as a mermaid, which she was.
It was also really cool that Seel evolved into Dewgong to teach Team Rocket a lesson.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Too sad that Starmie and Horsea left, poor Misty...

And i loved the show with Misty. it was amazing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It all started with Misty wanting Horsea to get more exercise then it spiraled into a play...

Loved that we got to see Daisy, Violet, and Lily again. They're cool. I liked how this episode focused on Misty and the various Water Pokemon at the Cerulean Gym.

Apparently, Seel evolved which wasn't what I would have liked. Horsea should have been the star. Anyway, horrible way to end the episode, with Misty leaving her 2 strongest Pokemon behind...7/10

NES

Flip me to the side!
Misty fan boys were delighted with this episode i guess, it was ok though, a decent episode and i love Misty's sisters. We got to see poor Horsea and all her pokemon in action too, which was nice.

Sayho1234

I always got the feeling that by this point in the anime during the production for the upcoming GSC games at least by this point all of the new pokemon were done, hence opening up two spots on Misty's team for future Johto water pokemon. But since the rest of the production for the GSC games were still going on we needed a filler saga in the anime in the meanwhile until it was done.

Champion Jared 14

Girly episode? Why complain about something like that in a shonen anime, with a hint of shoujo? And if we fanboys want to praise and shout over the episode, we will, and the rest of you all will just have to deal with it, and get over yourselves.

Great episode.

G50

No longer posting
I liked this episode. It was great seeing Seel evolve into Dewgong and defeating TR. Wheezing running out of air was comical. I didn't like seeing Misty give up many of her Pokemon though... Some were my favs. of hers.

47/100

Okay, I know Misty was wearing a wig during that performance. Her hair is not that long; normally it's just a short head of hair with a three-inch ponytail. Unless she used some magic hair gel before the play there is no way that was her real hair.

Also, did anybody else notice that this is one of veeeeeerrrrrryyyyy few episodes (I actually don't know of any others period) that features animals that aren't Pokemon? When Pikachu and Togepi are looking in one of the aquariums there are real-life species of fish like an angelfish and what I think was a clown fish.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I loved how James was wearing a pink tutu in this episode. It seems like he crossdresses a lot during this season. :p

I thought that Misty made a great mermaid, she looked so pretty! Also, it was good to see more of Horsea this episode, it's so cute. Too bad Seel/Dewgong stole the spotlight from it. :/

Oh, and it doesn't make sense how Misty and Arbok could breath underwater that long.

Okay, I know Misty was wearing a wig during that performance. Her hair is not that long; normally it's just a short head of hair with a three-inch ponytail. Unless she used some magic hair gel before the play there is no way that was her real hair.

Or maybe...anime physics!

hever

022611229PM
I think Mermaids are hot, and this might be one of my guilty-pleasure episodes that I keep wanting to watch.

pokemon fan 132

Im not sure but i dont think it was "wig" or anything.She also had her hair that long in "Princess vs Princess" and in "Cerulean Blue" from what i noticed she had even little longer hair .
One of theories i heard was that during that times she had longer hair she somehow managed to put it in same ponytail.

But in reality noone knows explanation behind this being one of those anime mysteryes.It doesnt matter really,this is anime and everything isnt supposed to make sense or be realistic.
Just like its case with TR surviving being blasted off,mallets apparing out of thin air,Brock managing to have all those dishes and whole table in his backpack(lol)etc.

In any case "Misty Mermaid"was great episode being one of my favorites.

pokemon fan 132

^It could be the weave. Weaves were invented by then right?

Whether it was "weave",something else or her real hair it doesnt matter to me.I accepted how some things in this show happen without explanation not being realistic.

When you think about it its good that some things are being veiled with mystery in this anime adding for better enjoyment.

hever

022611229PM
Whether it was "weave",something else or her real hair it doesnt matter to me.I accepted how some things in this show happen without explanation not being realistic.

When you think about it its good that some things are being veiled with mystery in this anime adding for better enjoyment.

Or they can ruin the enjoyment if it's too vague. I hate when I think about things that aren't logical in the Pokemon world... but I digress.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
I liked Misty better with her hair down. But James wearing a tutu really made the episode.

And Dewgong. Adorable.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Where does all of her hair come from?! lol I really liked this episode because for some reason I like the episodes that are centred around Misty. She can actually look like a really pretty lady when she tries. I love how Team Rocket just decide they want to be a part of the show so that they can steal some Pokémon. Seel evolving was nice but how weird does Dewgong sound....