• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Misty Mermaid (061)

So, Weezing can't hold it's breath as soon as it's sent out, even though it's not a water Pokemon, but Arbok, also not a water Pokemon, can breathe underwater just fine?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Looking back, I'm glad that Team Rocket showed up to ruin the underwater performance here. Without their battle with Misty, this episode would've been really bland, so I'm happy that they gave us some much-needed action. Seel's evolution still felt pointless to me though; what a waste of a climax in my opinion.

Gillachu

Banned
Misty looked good in a wig lmao. Her leaving Starmie and Horsea behind was such a wtf moment though. She should've kept them...

pokemon fan 132

Misty looked good in a wig lmao. Her leaving Starmie and Horsea behind was such a wtf moment though. She should've kept them...

To be fair we have no idea if that was "wig", "hair extensions" or might as well say "Misty real hair" when her hair in certain episodes was long. With some fans speculating how her hair might have grew in between before being cut back to usual size and was still managed to be kept under same ponytail pertaining this to anime psychics. Just like Brock was able to cram whole table and chairs in his backpack, mallets and paper clips appearing out of thin air, Jessie hair being cut and growing back to normal size one episode later etc.
Because this wasn't the only time also having long hair in "Princess vs Princess" and "Cerulean Blue!" episodes. If I left out some feel free anyone to correct me.

Its one of things for which I don't think we will ever find out reason. But what's for sure is that Misty looks great with her hair down reflecting her true beauty.

Agreed over writers decision to keep her Horsea and Starmie at gym. Because it was imo ill planned and injudicious move at that time. They probably did this to make room for new pokemon to join Misty team like Poliwag and later Corsola. As well perhaps thinking how Staryu as unevolved form was in bigger need of development than Starmie(which didn't made much sense since Staryu always seemed to be more experienced and battle ready than evolved form).

But it was still reckless move imo, because Horsea was interesting pokemon. Having potential to evolve all the way to Kingdra at some point in Johto(like during Whirl islands) having new water pokemoln promoted through Misty. Not to mention Starmie would than have chance to be used to full potential and get accurate picture of how strong it really was(we only know his 2 moves never revealing what its capable of). Needless to say Starmie is known for high versatility in number of moves it can learn, unique design and highly productive stats and stamina in games being pity that such cool pokemon from Misty wasn't much showed.

If Misty ever returns I hope we will see this two pokemon in action with Horsea presumably evolving by now.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
Good episode since we saw Misty actually doing some thing and Seel's evolution scene was nice. Too bad Dewgong wasn't Misty's Pokemon. 8/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Misty looked amazing with her long hair wig during the play. I was glad that she left Starmie and Horsea behind cuz they weren't doing much on her team any ways, plus I liked how she wanted to leave Psyduck behind. :3

Horsea leaving made me sad because I wanted to see him evolve, but that didn't happen. TR's attack on the water ballet added to the fun.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, Misty looked so pretty in her mermaid outfit with her hair let down! Seeing Seel evolve into Dewgong was pretty neat and I got a laugh out of Psyduck, but the animators left one glaring mistake in this episode with Arbok underwater so long it should have drown.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So Kasumi went back to the Hanada Gym all for Tattu's sake, and got roped into helping the Gym's water ballet performance. I liked seeing Sakura, Ayame, and Botan again even though they were rather useless when the Rocket-dan interfered. I thought that Pawow becoming a Jugong was a good climax.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This was certainly one of the greatest Misty episodes. Misty looks so pretty in her mermaid outfit and much more like a girl with her hair let down. Also I bet Ash really liked seeing Misty in her outfit.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was pretty good and somewhat hilarious. Misty does get some great episodes when she gets some focus and I liked the moments she had bickering with her sisters in this. I'm also pretty sure that she was wearing extensions in her hair haha
10/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Horsea evolving here would have been bad writing anyway since Misty did nothing to cause Horsea to have the necessary experience...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Horsea evolving here would have been bad writing anyway since Misty did nothing to cause Horsea to have the necessary experience...

I dunno about that cuz while it's true that Misty didn't put much work into training Horsea, we've seen many Pokemon that evolved even without proper training. In fact Seel was probably in the same category given that it seemed fairly weak.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I dunno about that cuz while it's true that Misty didn't put much work into training Horsea, we've seen many Pokemon that evolved even without proper training. In fact Seel was probably in the same category given that it seemed fairly weak.

Eh, I guess. I don't really see why Misty chose to let Starmie stay, though. Like, Horsea I understand, but Starmie deserved to stick with Misty IMO.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Eh, I guess. I don't really see why Misty chose to let Starmie stay, though. Like, Horsea I understand, but Starmie deserved to stick with Misty IMO.

Well if I remember right Daisy mentioned how the Cerulean gym needed more water types to continue doing the underwater play, plus Starmie might've seemed redundant on Misty's team since she had Staryu already, which was good enough. :]