• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Misty Mermaid (061)

NO!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME WRITERS?! WHY WOULD YOU GIVE AWAY STARMIE?!/Okay, I seriously don't understand why they would give Misty Starmie and Staryu, if she would have to give back Starmie 54 episodes later after its debut? It saddens me. Daisy could have evolved some of the Pokemon in the Gym or something. :( Well, at least Staryu's there.

She had Starmie in order to tie into her Gym team. I don't know why she had to leave it here though.

Ashmisty

I really like this episode..misty looked beautiful n adorable in her mermaid costume..I always find her very pretty but she looked gorgeous with long hair..I wonder if they were extensions or her real hair.being a pokeshipper I found a cute moment in the episode,when daisy announced the arrival of the prince to rescue the mermaid,ash was the first one to go when team rocket attacked <3.n this episode shows that misty really cares for her sisters,as she agreed to do the show for them,after being quite hesitant,but they do take her for granted.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
n this episode shows that misty really cares for her sisters,as she agreed to do the show for them,after being quite hesitant,but they do take her for granted.

I got the impression that Kasumi gave into Sakura, Ayame, and Botan's demands because they were older than her and also due to them pestering her, not necessarily because Kasumi cared that much about their underwater ballet show. It's probably why she also gave in and allowed her sisters to keep Starmie and Tattu in the end.

Who else thinks Misty should of took Dewgong with her in the end? It was such an obvious thing that should've happened.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Who else thinks Misty should of took Dewgong with her in the end? It was such an obvious thing that should've happened.

Jugong joining Kasumi might've been interesting, although it would've seemed odd for Kasumi to just add it to her team when she left Tattu behind for no good reason.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't see why Misty had to ditch Starmie at the Gym. Horsea made sense because he needed a wide swimming space, but Starmie didn't.

Starmie was likely dispensed with at the Hanada Gym since Kasumi didn't need to own both members of Starmie's evolutionary line.

Daizy

I call you honey
Starmie was likely dispensed with at the Hanada Gym since Kasumi didn't need to own both members of Starmie's evolutionary line.

Even if this was the case, she should've left Staryu at the Gym instead of Starmie who's stronger.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Even if this was the case, she should've left Staryu at the Gym instead of Starmie who's stronger.

In retrospect I agree, but I guess Kasumi's team was purposely made weaker here as a way of resetting her in advance for the Orange Islands arc.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The episode was rather boring. I liked Seel battling Team Rocket and eventually evolving into Dewgong, but disliked how Misty left Starmie at the Gym. At least Horsea staying felt justified, as it started to feel sick from the lack of exercise. Then again, Misty usually preferred using Staryu in battle, not Starmie. I wonder why?
6/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Then again, Misty usually preferred using Staryu in battle, not Starmie. I wonder why?
6/10

I'm not sure why she preferred to use Hitodeman over Starmie, honestly. Neither of her starfish Pokemon had any kind of personality or quirks, so it's a mystery why the writers usually had Kasumi send out the weaker starfish to battle.

It's worth noting that Horsea barely even did anything this whole time and now Misty was actually concerned about it lack of exercise. I liked how the gym was doing underwater ballet shows and Misty's sisters were just as annoying as always. I thought Psyduck would save the day like usual but instead it was Seel evolving into Dewgong that saved everyone. My favorite scene was when Misty wanted to leave her Psyduck behind at the gym. 8/10