• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Misty swimsuit effect

srebak

Beginning Trainer
I don’t know why I’m actually trying to make a discussion about this sort of thing but has anyone else noticed that during the OS of Pokémon whenever Misty was in a bathing suit, something nasty would be said or done towards Ash in one way, shape or form?

It’s just something that I suddenly took notice of that’s all.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Swimsuit Misty attacs, she protecs but most importantly she smiles bac and she gets some respec!

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Kasumi was generally hot-tempered back then, and it seemed like Satoshi sometimes enjoyed messing with her regardless of whether she wore swimsuits or not.

Ash’s best roasts were all towards Misty even when she said nothing first. He even felt the need to roast while she was crying and having a moment with Oddish lol. He definitely found it funny

Kintaro

Banned
Oddly enough I don't think Ash has ever commented on any of the other girls wearing swimsuits right in front of him. The only thing that springs to mind is when May stripped in front of Ash/Max on Dewford Island and they just had those typical anime sweatdrops on the back of their heads.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
You know that ....i am starting to think that shudõ hate the relationship aspect of Kasumi and Satoshi's characters and i have hear that man didn't wanted do too much of it in second movie and let not forget whole thing about his female bross always screw him up as i read his old blog

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
You know that ....i am starting to think that shudõ hate the relationship aspect of Kasumi and Satoshi's characters and i have hear that man didn't wanted do too much of it in second movie and let not forget whole thing about his female bross always screw him up as i read his old blog

shudo didn’t really favor the idea of romance in Pokemon in general and didn’t see the need for a female to tag along, but the writers had different plans. I think he felt like Pokemon was mostly targeted at boys or something.

Redstar45

....i had thought so myself and i always thought that his boss is responsible for kasumi and Satoshi's "love" relationship.....well that explains why i am not huge fan of that

srebak

Beginning Trainer
Let me see if I can try and make the point that I’m trying to make more clear

In the episode “Challenge of the Samurai”, Misty was seen in a bikini in that episode, and Ash was receiving non-stop put downs and criticism in that episode.

Then, in the episode “Beauty and the Beach”, Ash not only got clocked for making a single unintentionally offensive comment, but the rest of the episode was pretty hard on him as well, and Misty was wearing nothing but a swimsuit for the majority of that episode

In the episodes “Dig those Diglett” and “Riddle me this”, Misty was seen enjoying the feel of a good hot spring and the entirety of those episodes involved Ash being shown up, getting talked down to and being made to look bad in one way or another

Then there was the episode about the slowpoke evolution and the following episode about the surfing thing, Misty was in a swimsuit in both of those episodes too and Ash got the short end of the stick in both of them

Then there was the ‘Double Trouble’ episode in the second season, Misty was in a swimsuit then as well and the very first thing that she basically does in that episode is deliver a back-handed insult towards Ash.

Then in the Johto region seasons, there was the “Shadow of a drought” episode which had Ash get accidentally bludgeoned by Squirtle’s water gun right after we saw Misty in a bathing suit. And I’m pretty certain that somehow the “Hot water battle” episode had something within it to put Ash down in someway or another

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Let me see if I can try and make the point that I’m trying to make more clear

In the episode “Challenge of the Samurai”, Misty was seen in a bikini in that episode, and Ash was receiving non-stop put downs and criticism in that episode.

Then, in the episode “Beauty and the Beach”, Ash not only got clocked for making a single unintentionally offensive comment, but the rest of the episode was pretty hard on him as well, and Misty was wearing nothing but a swimsuit for the majority of that episode

In the episodes “Dig those Diglett” and “Riddle me this”, Misty was seen enjoying the feel of a good hot spring and the entirety of those episodes involved Ash being shown up, getting talked down to and being made to look bad in one way or another

Then there was the episode about the slowpoke evolution and the following episode about the surfing thing, Misty was in a swimsuit in both of those episodes too and Ash got the short end of the stick in both of them

Then there was the ‘Double Trouble’ episode in the second season, Misty was in a swimsuit then as well and the very first thing that she basically does in that episode is deliver a back-handed insult towards Ash.

Then in the Johto region seasons, there was the “Shadow of a drought” episode which had Ash get accidentally bludgeoned by Squirtle’s water gun right after we saw Misty in a bathing suit. And I’m pretty certain that somehow the “Hot water battle” episode had something within it to put Ash down in someway or another

The bolded statements are what I call coincidences. When Ash got banned by the Celadon Gym, Misty wasn't wearing a swimsuit. Likewise, Ash being scolded by Misty in the second and third episode also happened to be episodes where she doesn't wear a swimsuit.

The unbolded all share a similar themes: Don't make a comment about Misty's appearance or don't stumble upon her when she wants to have privacy.

Redstar45

I wonder if writers Could do same thing about Haruka (May) and Hikari (Dawn) and Iris and Serena as well?

The bolded statements are what I call coincidences. When Ash got banned by the Celadon Gym, Misty wasn't wearing a swimsuit. Likewise, Ash being scolded by Misty in the second and third episode also happened to be episodes where she doesn't wear a swimsuit.

The unbolded all share a similar themes: Don't make a comment about Misty's appearance or don't stumble upon her when she wants to have privacy.

Kintaro

Banned
I wonder if writers Could do same thing about Haruka (May) and Hikari (Dawn) and Iris and Serena as well?

He's already seen the other girls in swimsuits. We just didn't get a comment out of them because most of them are more girly and the writers don't want to draw too much attention to fanservice scenes, which is what they are.

Redstar45

He's already seen the other girls in swimsuits. We just didn't get a comment out of them because most of them are more girly and the writers don't want to draw too much attention to fanservice scenes, which is what they are.
What? Poor Kasumi is not enough for fan service during the os era !? ...... :check the internet: nope you are wrong she is just good as other ani pokegirls