• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Misty swimsuit effect

Kintaro

Banned
I'm talking about how the anime doesn't draw attention to the other girls in swimsuits because Pokemon is not fanservice heavy.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think they kind fail that heh

laiken

You know that ....i am starting to think that shudõ hate the relationship aspect of Kasumi and Satoshi's characters and i have hear that man didn't wanted do too much of it in second movie and let not forget whole thing about his female bross always screw him up as i read his old blog

hmm Shudo.... In his novel (written by Takeshi Shudo) he also referred to the relationship aspect of Kasumi and Satoshi. Although he did not have to do it but he did ;) so it was different from his opinion. In those years, after the first thought, the Creators had to be careful and afraid to cross the line. For example, they had to cover Misty's
stomach by giving her Togepi. There was a moment when they threw Brock out of the cast because they were afraid of racist lawsuits, etc. In those years, even Selena would not have a chance for a relationship with Ash, because the Creators would be afraid to risk themselves; p Today, little kids have seen worse than this.

https://pokemonthenovel.dreamwidth.org/380.html

sory for my bad english :D

Redstar45

hmm Shudo.... In his novel (written by Takeshi Shudo) he also referred to the relationship aspect of Kasumi and Satoshi. Although he did not have to do it but he did ;) so it was different from his opinion. In those years, after the first thought, the Creators had to be careful and afraid to cross the line. For example, they had to cover Misty's
stomach by giving her Togepi. There was a moment when they threw Brock out of the cast because they were afraid of racist lawsuits, etc. In those years, even Selena would not have a chance for a relationship with Ash, because the Creators would be afraid to risk themselves; p Today, little kids have seen worse than this.

https://pokemonthenovel.dreamwidth.org/380.html

sory for my bad english :D
I haven't been done with the novel yet but by time he made 2nd movie he seem doesn't really care about that relationship anymore
It is good man

laiken

I haven't been done with the novel yet but by time he made 2nd movie he seem doesn't really care about that relationship anymore
It is good man

I do not think he did't want to do, he just could not do it. Shudo's vision for the show was different than the pokemon brand owners would let him. After all, they would not have jealous moments without reason.
It's a bit like a thief stole something and then he would say that in his opinion it was not stealing. The creators often say what is convenient for them. I remember when before the premiere of Castlevania Games lords of shadow mirror of fate. One of the fan guessed Trevor was Alucard and ask about it on Twitter. The creators have denied. After all, the creators were lying and Trevor really turned out to be Alucard :)

Redstar45

I do not think he did't want to do, he just could not do it. Shudo's vision for the show was different than the pokemon brand owners would let him. After all, they would not have jealous moments without reason.
It's a bit like a thief stole something and then he would say that in his opinion it was not stealing. The creators often say what is convenient for them. I remember when before the premiere of Castlevania Games lords of shadow mirror of fate. One of the fan guessed Trevor was Alucard and ask about it on Twitter. The creators have denied. After all, the creators were lying and Trevor really turned out to be Alucard :)

You think shudõ lying or team of writers lying ? No offense i don't really agree with everything about shuďõ-san himself think and saying about how Pokemon should be as Satoshi tajir's vision of what Pokemon should be and shudõ himself should be live up that vision of Pokemon creations want
I am not disrespectful to Shudõ himself and what he did with Pokemon anime at the times.

laiken

You think shudõ lying or team of writers lying ? No offense i don't really agree with everything about shuďõ-san himself think and saying about how Pokemon should be as Satoshi tajir's vision of what Pokemon should be and shudõ himself should be live up that vision of Pokemon creations want
I am not disrespectful to Shudõ himself and what he did with Pokemon anime at the times.

I dont tell that he lied but It's just sometimes you can not say everything. and as I wrote above. it's the same as with Serena and this kiss Ash. The creators could not do it directly. They managed to make this moment not to show details but in a sense they can not say "she kissed him on the lips"

That same Shudo do with MO2 and Misty do not have to react in the movie with jealousy.
She could react in any other way. In his novel he also did not have to drop several references to Ash and Misty but did it.

Last edited:

Redstar45

I dont tell that he lied but It's just sometimes you can not say everything. and as I wrote above. it's the same as with Serena and this kiss Ash. The creators could not do it directly. They managed to make this moment not to show details but in a sense they can not say "she kissed him on the lips"

That same Shudo do with MO2 and Misty do not have to react in the movie with jealousy.
She could react in any other way. In his novel he also did not have to drop several references to Ash and Misty but did it.
I see but i am not sure if writers ever try making novelization canon or they choose to pick what element they like e.g. Satoshi loneliness and rocket-gang's trios and what they doesn't really care about eg whole thing about his mother past and father.?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Oddly enough I don't think Ash has ever commented on any of the other girls wearing swimsuits right in front of him.

Episode 18. Beauty and the Beach

Go to the 2:10 mark in this video: "It's kinda weird to see you lookin' like a girl"

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm talking about how the anime doesn't draw attention to the other girls in swimsuits because Pokemon is not fanservice heavy.
Olivia and Skyla being the exception to that rule

Redstar45

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Episode 18. Beauty and the Beach

Go to the 2:10 mark in this video: "It's kinda weird to see you lookin' like a girl"

This always confused me. What, the short shorts and the crop top didn't make her look girly enough Ash?

I thought this was a dub thing at first but it's in the Japanese version as well (though it is said a little differently)