• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The moment you 'hit the wall'

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Has anyone had that? When you get to the point where you forget to train your pokemon or train just one, and you end up fighting a trainer with high level pokemon, and you end up whiting out, and you KNOW you have to level up those pokemon even though it takes a long time?

I'm slightly in that position on Leaf Green, but I'm wriggling through Team Rocket in Saffron City :).

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Hm.. Well, don't distress, think of Pokemon like a movie, it goes down a while, and then you get back up on your feet. I'm not saying instantly you get back up on your feet, but you will cross the bridge when you get there :).

Palkia98

I dont belive thats ever hapened to me, or its not a problem, i dont level up one pokemon to like 20 levels above my others, i cant have one pokemon more than 10 levels abovet he rest, although it happened once with my torterra on diamond.. it was level 67, the rest of the team were in the low 40's

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I never had that issue! I always train my Pokemon at least 5 to 10 levels after every badge. Though postgame BW cought me by surprise when I started to encounter trainers with Pokemon as high as level 65 :-S

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
After the elite four in White. I did not expect such a jump in level, I lost to a trainer for the first time in years.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
The only point I dislike is having to level up your pokemon! It took me about 10 minutes to level up my pidgeotto to level 22 from level 19 on Leaf Green! Come on, pick up game and let me get to Ho-oh/Lugia :-D.

TrueRanger

This happened to me so many freaking times I made a method to get by. Not exactly sure if it's my method, but I used it without consulting anything.

My team in Ruby:
Level 63 Blaziken
Level 53 Groudon
Level 46 Hariyama
Level 45 Lairon
Level 45 Loudred
Level 40 Wailord

I'd buy a bunch of Hyper Potions, Revives and Lava cookies and head in the E4. I'd take out all of the E4 with both Blaziken and Groudon. If Blaziken or Groudon is red hp'ed, I'd switch out into the level 45's. Then I'd heal/revive the two and go on. In the end, I managed to win. Amulet coin was definitely useful.

But, in Black, I got my pokemons demolished in Route 11. I had then spent several hours training right past Black City against Audinos. It took me 4 hours to get a few decently leveled pokemon for me to actually get on with the journey.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
That happened to me so many times i lost count! In Ruby and Diamond mostly, Most of the time it was from the champions of said games

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I find it annoying when you get a pokemon up to a high level and then you have more to level up, but it makes sense that Nintendo use Pokemon to test their Customer's patience :).

jstinftw!

hey trainer
When I first started playing Pokemon, I would catch anything that I liked and use them. Obviously, I would end up in that position, but it never got to the point where I "whited out." I always had my SUPER STRONG STARTER POKEMON THAT WAS ALWAYS TRAINED to take care of any giant threats.

But then as I got older, I'd even out my leveling, and I have a tendency to over level now. I'll set a goal, and I'll train for days just to get everyone up to snuff. So it doesn't really happen to me. @____@

I have had a few close calls though. haha

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
It's happened plenty of times back in the day, when I was Mr. Solo Run. Such as at Koga's Gym...

Venusaur used Razor Leaf!
It's not very effective...
Arbok used a move of some sort!
Venusaur took some damage!
Venusaur fainted!

Or Drake's room (later to be defeated by a revised and improved Sceptile)...

Sceptile used Leaf Blade!
Salamence used Flamethrower!
It's a (*bleep*ing) critical hit!
It's super effective!
Sceptile fainted!

Gardenia's Gym... (Word of advice: Prinplup solo is bad for your health)

Prinplup used Peck!
It's super effective!
Roserade used Grass Knot!
A (right before my "destined" victory) critical hit!
It's super effective!
Prinplup fainted!

Then, right before Veilstone city...

Torterra used a move of some sort!
Drifblim used Ominous Wind!
A critical hit!
Torterra fainted!

And I certainly can't forget Flint, out of all trainers...

Torterra used Cut! (Times were hard, alright?)
Flareon used Giga Impact!
A critical hit!
Torterra fainted!

It was always safe to say that I had underestimated type advantages against my uber starters paired up with critical hits... >_<'

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm basically OCD about training my Pokemon evenly and will literally use whatever needs the most EXP to get to the next level when I can get away with it, but I went into the Lenora fight severely underlevelled, if only because Lenora is so obscenely overlevelled.

Clair. Who the **** decided to make one of her Dragonair into a Gyarados with Dragon Rage.

SuperEpicRock

That just happened to me in my SS game, I tried battling the E4 with a team in the low 40's, and got creamed by Will's Jynx. It was quite embarrassing. Time to train more.

treeco123

What's so bad about only training one Pokémon? Red didn't stand a chance against Feraligator. Of course the battle involved some HM slaves being sacrificed for healing him. Pokémon yellow stops your Pokémon getting too high levelled or they won't listen though, in the newer games it's only traded Pokémon that do that.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I remember on one of my plays of Heart Gold I was keeping certain Pokémon and not evolving them. It was when I got to Jasmine that I realized my entire team could do nothing against Steel types. Then I trained and got a new Pokémon and finally beat her.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
That happened quite often before i started overleveling my Pokemons. Heheheh...

dildadonz

Before the elite 4 my pokemon are always underleveled apart from that 1. This happened god knows how many times.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
leveling might be hard, yet EV training is harder and more time consuming. In-gameplay is really simple, just leveling up like crazy is all ive always found this easy.