• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Moon and the Sun; Chloe and Haruhi! (1168)

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Won't showing him struggle be enough?
Kinda weak this late into the series, it will only look like they just slapped on "oh look, he's struggling" when so far, he's had smooth sailing to the point that 2 legendaries are registered to his name. What's worse is those feats are accredited (both from Watsonian and Doylian information) as his skill. You said it yourself, it would be a case of the show criticizing its own logic in a flimsy way.

I mean, the fact that his first true struggle (and even that's not an absolute given) is coming 80 episodes into the series. That's telling.

UglyToast

Kinda weak this late into the series, it will only look like they just slapped on "oh look, he's struggling" when so far, he's had smooth sailing to the point that 2 legendaries are registered to his name. What's worse is those feats are accredited (both from Watsonian and Doylian information) as his skill. You said it yourself, it would be a case of the show criticizing its own logic in a flimsy way.

I mean, the fact that his first true struggle (and even that's not an absolute given) is coming 80 episodes into the series. That's telling.
I mean he caught Eternatus with the help of other two legendary doggoes but yeah, you have a point.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
I mean he caught Eternatus with the help of other two legendary doggoes but yeah, you have a point.
I did point out the term 'Doylian'. And I'm not trying to take shots at anyone, but that applies to a lot of Goh's fanbase who accredit that capture as his own skill and glorify his character because of it.

UglyToast

I did point out the term 'Doylian'. And I'm not trying to take shots at anyone, but that applies to a lot of Goh's fanbase who accredit that capture as his own skill and glorify his character because of it.
oh sorry then, since I didn't know what Doylian means.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The path they went with Goh struggling is making him have character based struggles rather than goal based struggles. And heck even the latter they have done before, so saying "Goh struggling for the first time after 80 episodes in the series" is objectively, factually, plainly incorrect
Goh's character has had inconsistencies and problems with bad writing, and he shouldn't have got Suicune (I don't get the problem with Eternaus it's literally the game plot. See the context ppl) but his character isn't "unsalvageable" although again the people who staunchly hate him would never be satisfied, for the people who like him but are annoyed at some parts where and how he's written, he can easily be salvaged and Project Mew is a very promising start, as is the eventual grookey arc yet to come

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Thoughts:
-Chloe’s phone is pink!

-EEVEE WANTS TO BE AN ESPEON CALLING IT NOW

-Can I go to Eclipse Castle?…

-AAAAAAAAAAAAA CHLOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

-is this an Umbreon and Espeon cult?
S O L D

-And…she’s gone. That’s what I’d do in this situation.

-Espeon is hallucinating?…

-*plonk*

-Staring contest!

-TICKLES

-I can’t get over that Umbreon’s Japanese name is Blacky.

-Haruhi, good speech.

-DAIJOUBU!

-They’re running, they’re running!

-The opposing Ariados used String Shot! Chloe’s Speed harshly fell!

-Is Chloe Haruhi’s sister? Cousin? IS THERE HUMAN CLONING IN THIS UNIVERSE?!?!

-WOMEN CAN BATTLE, TOO

-YOU CAN ONLY USE REFLECT ONCE EVERY FIVE TURNS

-I remember that battle music, but I can’t remember what game it was from. Was it Kalos?

-ASH, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW THE MOVE WISH WORKS

-Why is Chloe’s Eevee so strong? That’s like

impossible

-AWWWWWWWWW

What if Umbreon and Espeon were Eevee’s parents?

-TSUKI MEANS MOON

THAT EXPLAINS THIS
-I love that endcard.

-No explanation about Chloe and Haruhi’s relationship? That’s gonna be bugging me for d a y s.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
This is one of those episodes where I don't need to write a 5-page essay (smile).
Not gonna lie, when Koharu put on similar clothes as to what Haruhi was wearing, I figured that there'd be a case of mistaken identity upon their capture, it's a classic trope, but y'know I'll give that a pass to be fair. Ifigured this episode would be about strengthening the bond of Koharu and Eevee, and bonds were an ever-present theme in the episode especially regarding Umbreon/Espeon, however most of the spotlight was focused on Haruhi and the festival. I'll say this though, I was not aware that this episode marked the first usage of the move Wish in the series, and for the second episode in a row, Ash wasn't needed and neither was Go, if they weren't present, the episode would probs pan out the same.

LazySpy

Kimty
On the subject of the episode, I thought it was pretty alright, my only complaint has to do with how Katsuki's Pokemon were fighting in the finale. You attacked Espeon at once while *knowing* he's going to use Reflector? Not one of them was even *trying* to attack Umbreon? And why exactly did Katsuki attack Eevee and got it involved, and Haruhi was fine with it and Eevee assisting her? Didn't she want it to be her battle, to prove herself worthy of the throne?

Other than that, it's like a 7 or 6, fun filler with an uplifting message at the end.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Umbreon's attack animation is reused from Gladion's Umbreon in SM.
Eevee's Copycat animation is reused so many times, only the color of the aura changes. Sometimes, I wondered why it's smiling in that animation when the next frame it's looking all serious.

BobbbidyBob

Got bored with this episode. And for a Chloe episode I was surprised. Haruhi stole the show and I honestly didn’t care nor like her. I care about the REAL Chloe’s character development not her one-time clone and some blue teletubbie ninja.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Got bored with this episode. And for a Chloe episode I was surprised. Haruhi stole the show and I honestly didn’t care nor like her. I care about the REAL Chloe’s character development not her one-time clone and some blue teletubbie ninja.
“blue teletubby ninja” THAT’S HILARIOUS

well, i did send this to my little cousin, who loves all the Eeveelutions, especially Espeon and Umbreon. it’s a cute ep, but not much going for it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They keep saying Eevee has a "mysterious power" but it isn't just Copycat? Are you telling me nobody, not even the Professor, knows about the existence of this move or what? I liked the episode tho
Maybe its mysterious power is being un original and pointless

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Watched this episode and it was so boring. I hope the rest of the Chloe/Eevee episodes don’t follow this format because it’ll get old very quick. 5/10